Author Topic: Multiple of identical parts when purchasing, bug?  (Read 5560 times)

Xenon54z

• Master Sergeant
  • Code should be like art.
Re: Multiple of identical parts when purchasing, bug?
« Reply #30 on: 19 September 2014, 19:14:31 »
Snimm and Xenon, it has nothing to do with either of this.  If you read the post, or the bug report, it's an era issue.  The bug is during purchase not after.

Thanks. However, I am still unsure on if it affects it in general (not just the bug report). I think all this bug stuff has muddied the water and I can't see my reflection anymore. So I'll just have to play around with it. For the time being, I am going to assume it doesn't since I've yet to notice it. Unless, someone who knows weighs in with the truth. So the question still stands, "In general, does planet location affect the cost, quality, roll number, and/or anything I've missed?"
Free air guitar! Just pick one up! Hurry Now!
Buy now while entropy is low!

Styker

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #31 on: 19 September 2014, 19:25:34 »
No.

Snimm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 20 September 2014, 00:18:19 »
Planet location does affect parts availability.  This happened to me on my last completed contract - after I won my base attack, I sat on the planet for another two months waiting for incoming parts and fixing/salvaging everything I'd recovered on a 100% salvage contract.  If you're on a backwater, there's a good chance that NOTHING will be obtainable.  The only way to get what you need then would be to move to another planet (like Galatea) on your own dime, since you'd probably be deadheading (moving without a contract, so no employer paying for it) or go raiding, basically putting yourself in pirate shoes.
Need help getting started with Against the Bot in MekHQ?  Click here to get yourself up and running!

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=41494.msg957784#msg957784

Styker

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #33 on: 20 September 2014, 00:25:31 »
No, it does not.

Snimm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: 20 September 2014, 00:37:37 »
Okay.  Then perhaps my availability issues were due to being out of contract?
Need help getting started with Against the Bot in MekHQ?  Click here to get yourself up and running!

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=41494.msg957784#msg957784

Styker

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 20 September 2014, 00:46:26 »
Your playing AtB, so who knows?

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #36 on: 20 September 2014, 06:37:20 »
To further clarify what he was saying, the issue you brought up was included in the custom release, however, it was a megamek specific error. The custom release doesn't make any special changes to MM, so those issues should be reported to the MM sourceforge page.

Except that wasn´t what he wrote at all. He said NOTHING about MM-specific error, he said "not a custom release issue", when even you admit it WAS a custom release issue.

Like I said, I´m not a mind reader. I can only assume he means what he writes.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

RahTol

• Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 20 September 2014, 06:49:11 »
Okay.  Then perhaps my availability issues were due to being out of contract?
In AtB parts availability is reduced when out of contract, and is also influenced by contract type and merc rating. There was some discussion in one of the AtB threads about going by planet but I have no idea if it was ever implemented. Even if it was, I doubt (though I could be wrong) the AtB mod for MHQ is that advanced at this point.

Except that wasn´t what he wrote at all. He said NOTHING about MM-specific error, he said "not a custom release issue", when even you admit it WAS a custom release issue.
It was an issue included in the custom release, but was not part of the custom content, which is what ralgith said. I do agree he could have taken a bit more care in that particular situation. Princess NPE is a known issue with the current princess bot, and is not limited to ralgith's custom release. That said, it is much (MUCH) more common in r1970 especially with AtB running, I suspect it has to do AtB's demands on the princess, but I'm just guessing and really have no idea.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: 20 September 2014, 08:33:34 »
Could he have worded it more clearly? Yes. I stand by the fact that you are looking for something to insulted about and I'm done trying to convince you that it wasn't "omg what an idiot" just an unclearly written "Please post this in the correct section."

If you refuse to work with the devs, don't complain about not getting helped though.  O0

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 20 September 2014, 16:10:17 »
*FACEPALM*

[soapbox]

how in the heck did this thread disintegrate into the fuster cluck?

[/soapbox]

oh wait... I did it didn't I?

that short simple post on the first page where I was all like...

wtf you stopped by and posted that you weren't posting on this bug posting thread which you already knew about and that makes u a jerk thing...

GJ Mike19! You win!

We now have 2 pages of posts from whiners (aka newbs) to this area and posts from everyone else (da Vetz) who know how to post a bug report or understand forum etiquette.*

*Don't post daily saying your problem which was posted on Page 1 isn't yet solved on the 13th page of the thread. Don't get bent out of shape when the overwhelming response is to make a post on the Bug Tracker.

.... Win!

.... I'm done!

Xenon54z

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 20 September 2014, 20:54:27 »
AH. So AtB changes it! :D Now that is something I didn't know. Thanks all. :)

From now on I will specify whether I am using Against the Bot or just normal MekHQ. That should help reduce the confusion.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 20 September 2014, 21:41:33 »
AH. So AtB changes it! :D Now that is something I didn't know. Thanks all. :)

From now on I will specify whether I am using Against the Bot or just normal MekHQ. That should help reduce the confusion.

Pretty unlikely. AtB code is all on the MHQ side, as far as I know, and shouldn't have any effect on what Princess does or doesn't do in MM. It can cause issues with sending or receiving data between MM/MHQ (i.e. going to the lobby or resolving a battle) but once you're in MM, the AtB code shouldn't be doing anything.

mchapman1970

• Warrant Officer
  • Live young die old
    • MekHQ  AtB style Episodes
« Reply #42 on: 20 September 2014, 21:49:01 »
I have been running r1970 for the last few weeks with no issues.  I want to give a shout out to all the devs.  There are features I would love to see but so far this is a great game better than keeping file cabinets full of information and a map of the known universe on my wall when I was a kid.

ralgith

• Captain
    • Dylan's BattleTech Emporium
« Reply #43 on: 21 September 2014, 11:40:48 »
Pretty unlikely. AtB code is all on the MHQ side, as far as I know, and shouldn't have any effect on what Princess does or doesn't do in MM. It can cause issues with sending or receiving data between MM/MHQ (i.e. going to the lobby or resolving a battle) but once you're in MM, the AtB code shouldn't be doing anything.

There was talk of having Princess behavior auto-set by the AtB code based upon scenario... I don't know if that went in or not.

RahTol

• Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: 21 September 2014, 12:38:25 »
Yes, AtB adjusts the Princess settings, but I don't think it dose anything to the actual code involved, it just includes 4 pre-sets and chooses the one depending on the scenario.

Xenon54z

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #45 on: 21 September 2014, 13:35:02 »

Actually, I was talking about the parts. I didn't even know anything about the bot. But I'm sure I would have had that question eventually. So thanks for the pre-immanent strike! ;)

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: 21 September 2014, 16:25:11 »
There was talk of having Princess behavior auto-set by the AtB code based upon scenario... I don't know if that went in or not.

If (essentially) adjusting one of the sliders sets off issues with the bot, I would still maintain that the issue is with MM and not at all related to the AtB code and still falls under sending info to the lobby prior to starting the game.  ;)

Register