Author Topic: Re: Not Just Another PBEM Strategy Game is now a Turn base browser game!  (Read 4153 times)

anastasiusfocht

• Recruit
Greetings fellow Mechwarriors. I am launching in the next month or so a Free turn based Battletech Strategy game called Galactic Conquest 3025. The players will lead one of the 5 great houses, 4 minor houses or 3 pirate kingdoms. Players will control Diplomacy, Espionage, Manufacturing, Planetary Development, R&D and of course raids and planetary invasions. The game will be played below and we plan to have several games going at once. The Alpha game will only be the Innersphere nations. The Bravo game will be the Innersphere and Clan nations and the Charlie game will see the first Clan invasion of the Innersphere. Please join us at the site below.

http://www.hammernanvilgames.com/
« Last Edit: 13 January 2016, 18:14:44 by anastasiusfocht »

anastasiusfocht

• Recruit
Re: Not Just Another PBEM Strategy Game
« Reply #1 on: 08 January 2015, 01:17:59 »
Just to give you guys an update the beta for this game has been launched but there are are still openings if anyone is interested!

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2015, 11:46:46 »
I see very little going on at that site....

Perhaps you should start with a PBeM of smaller scale at first?
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

anastasiusfocht

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2015, 10:16:15 »
That is because we are converting the excel play by email version to a turn based play by browser game. This will allow for a faster paced game with each turn being updated daily instead of weekly. Also this should prevent the game from dying when my fiancé tells me I spend too much time on it and not enough with her and the family units. ;) We are looking at October for the start of it.

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2015, 05:50:38 »
That is because we are converting the excel play by email version to a turn based play by browser game. This will allow for a faster paced game with each turn being updated daily instead of weekly. Also this should prevent the game from dying when my fiancé tells me I spend too much time on it and not enough with her and the family units. ;) We are looking at October for the start of it.

Well this is interesting.  I'd love to talk shop if you are in a position to share a view of your code.

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 08 November 2015, 14:00:24 »
Has this game died in development or is the OP still planning on a start time?

I would be interested but its been a number of years since playing BT and BF2. I've picked up the SO book and have been going through the changes. It looks interesting and I would love to get involved in some strategic level play.

Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thought upon the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

"...Remember also the two "prime directives" in playing BattleTech:
1. HAVE FUN
2. DON'T LET YOURSELF GET SO CAUGHT UP IN THE RULES THAT YOU STOP HAVING FUN"
Page 168 - Reunification War

anastasiusfocht

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 10 December 2015, 20:23:17 »
bump

anastasiusfocht

• Recruit
Greetings all. I just wanted to give you all an update. The first game will be starting on January 25th. Go to www.hammernanvilgames.com to join. As of today we still have 3 spots left. Hope to see you there!!!

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
I've taken a look through the site and for the life of me I have no idea how to sign up.  I saw two linked forums and not a lot of helpful links.

What is the procedure for joining?