Author Topic: SO what happen to the Blackwind Lancers again?  (Read 1949 times)

shadow_walker

• Master Sergeant
  • CBT Player (Ret.)
SO what happen to the Blackwind Lancers again?
« on: 30 September 2014, 20:00:36 »
I know that Free Capella is defunct post jihad, but what was the final fate of the standard-Bearers. Was they dissolved as a unit and abolished into the CCAF or vanished all together.
Junction City, Kansas (noun) a parasitic town that leeches off the sore underbelly of a local military base.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Re: SO what happen to the Blackwind Lancers again?
« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2014, 20:06:00 »
They were destroyed in detail on Sian fighting the robes. From memory, colonel Doles throws himself of Sun-Tzu's mech to save him.
With their leader dead and Free Capella dissolved, I think the handful of survivors were absorbed into the CCAF.

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2014, 23:00:52 »
I know that Free Capella is defunct post jihad, but what was the final fate of the standard-Bearers. Was they dissolved as a unit and abolished into the CCAF or vanished all together.

Hope this summary will help you a bit:

12. October 3068
Warner Doles, CO of Blackwind Lancers declares their siding with Capellan Confederation.

October 3068
Blackwind Lancers arrive to Ares just in time to turn the tide of battle to Capellan side. The saved 4th MAC.

January 3069
Present on Ares.

September 3069
Nuclear assault on Talon.

19. - 20. September 3070
Battle of Sian
The sudden appearance of the Blackwind Lancers turned the tide of the campaign, its CO ultimately sacrificing himself and the unit to protect the Chancellor from falling to Blakist guns as his Yu Huang blocked much of the weapons fire directed at the ruler of the Confederation.

1. November 3070
Blackwind Lancers transferred from Free Capella army to CCAF. Sadly the ambassador hasn't knew that Blackwind Lancers were wiped out more than a month ago.

Molossian Dog IIC

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the sword ... die by dysentery.
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2014, 04:44:26 »
Was old Sun Tzu pulling off the trick of having a proxy to pilot "his" Mech again? Any info?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2014, 04:54:55 »
The chaotic behavior of the Lancers during the Jihad makes me wonder if Kali managed to suborn them somehow. Maybe Warner Doles got a workover in room 101 from either her or her boyfriend.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 01 October 2014, 08:12:21 »
Was old Sun Tzu pulling off the trick of having a proxy to pilot "his" Mech again? Any info?

Yep, he was. One of the Jihad book reveals that a death commando was at the con when Doles threw himself in front of it

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 01 October 2014, 21:33:34 »
The chaotic behavior of the Lancers during the Jihad makes me wonder if Kali managed to suborn them somehow. Maybe Warner Doles got a workover in room 101 from either her or her boyfriend.

While I would have liked to have seen Doles taken out by the Federated Suns for destroying Kallon Industries Talon Plant...he did have a reason(albeit incorrect) for defecting back towards the CCAF since he thought that a FS warship had killed Candice Liao. Him sacrificing himself for Sun-Tzu on the other hand sounds too fanatical in my book compared to what I read about him in the novels. I could see him going against the FS but more as a "to protect the Capellan people" thing rather than a "for the EMPEROR!" kinda thing.
Made by HikageMaru

Molossian Dog IIC

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the sword ... die by dysentery.
« Reply #7 on: 02 October 2014, 06:16:26 »
Never unerestimate the zealotry of recent converts.