Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases  (Read 175396 times)

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
New and Upcoming Releases
« on: 13 October 2014, 05:31:42 »
  The old thread related to these products is over-long, and rather unfortunately named.  Those wishing to take up discussion of newly-released and forthcoming products, please, do it here!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Re: New and Upcoming Releases
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2014, 05:43:53 »
A rehab thread.  Brilliant!  :D

ilClan is not late, it was moved up the schedule. That, and fans just want to party.   [rockon]

This is where we were at. 

A good point was raised before lockdown: sometimes we fans get to talking, and we create false expectations of product releases through our excitement. 

We don't do that, do we?!?  ;D

« Last Edit: 13 October 2014, 05:46:39 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2014, 06:22:14 »
I'm looking forward to the XTRO: Primitives IV and Operational Turning Points: Windowmaker Absorbtioni.  Now there a cover for of them, things maybe happening sooner than six weeks.   :D 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2014, 07:43:26 »
Oh shiny new thread!!!!

Got your rocks ready Weirdo???

ILCLAN!!!!! ;D

On a serious note...  has anyone noticed that the time it takes for BT fans to want new product correlates exactly to the time it takes BT fans to read the last new product?  They have rehab programs for most things that elicit that type of following.

To the patient go the spoils

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2014, 07:45:30 »
  The old thread related to these products is over-long, and rather unfortunately named.

It was not "unfortunately named"...it was appropriately named! We all keep looking for our next hit of BT...so grow a funny bone man.

As far as the next batch of our BT Crack...great to see a cover for the Widowmaker Absorbtion! Looks great!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 13 October 2014, 07:58:30 »
It was not "unfortunately named"...it was appropriately named! We all keep looking for our next hit of BT...so grow a funny bone man.

Yeah, something more appropriate as "The next Nuke!" or something ...

"There is a Nuke for every mood."

Or "Brace for Impact!"

"Brace eases tension and stress."

This is how I imagine a good topic title ...

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2014, 09:49:29 »
*see new cover for Widowmaker Absorption*

Ah yeah....bring it on! 

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #7 on: 13 October 2014, 10:06:59 »
I for one am surprised we haven't seen any XTROs in a while.

Primitives IV was first mentioned well over two years ago, and even ISP3 and Final Reckoning mentioned mechs that are going to be in it.

I for one will be buying it as soon as it hits BC...

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #8 on: 13 October 2014, 10:10:36 »
I for one am surprised we haven't seen any XTROs in a while.

Primitives IV was first mentioned well over two years ago, and even ISP3 and Final Reckoning mentioned mechs that are going to be in it.

I for one will be buying it as soon as it hits BC...

I'm right with you. XTROs are a great little fix for me and I'm particularly interested in this one.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #9 on: 13 October 2014, 11:33:01 »
I liked the old thread name, but that don't matter, just want the new stuff.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #10 on: 13 October 2014, 11:36:40 »
Small little bit of new stuff on Battlecorp today involving the Northwind Highlanders.

shield2099

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 13 October 2014, 13:06:17 »
I seem to remember reading at some point that a new printing of Total Warfare was coming out with all the errata (up to that point) incorporated in the book. My old TW has seen better days and I was thinking about replacing it at some point. Did this re-print update come out or is it still in the pipeline?

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #12 on: 13 October 2014, 13:17:41 »
The fourth printing of Total Warfare hit stores some six months ago I think.  It's definitely available in shops, though some stores might have old stock on their shelves still, so you'll want to look for the 2013 date and fourth printing note on page 7 to ensure you have the latest one.
« Last Edit: 13 October 2014, 15:48:02 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #13 on: 13 October 2014, 15:59:53 »
You know what would be nice to get this fall....

A state of the BattleTech Union, with lots of little hint and references to what we could see in 2015 and maybe beyond  :)
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 13 October 2014, 16:07:34 »
I suspect the big freak-out will come when Ilclan drops and everyone tries to work out what's next.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 13 October 2014, 16:11:14 »
I suspect the big freak-out will come when Ilclan drops and everyone tries to work out what's next.

It could also go the other way, where ilClan finally settles a number of the matters that are currently up in the air, and finally ends the suspense.  It could be akin to the way things were in 3067, Yeah, we could see the clouds of the jihad on the horizon, but we weren't currently embroiled in anything big.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #16 on: 13 October 2014, 16:24:18 »
You know what would be nice to get this fall....

A state of the BattleTech Union, with lots of little hint and references to what we could see in 2015 and maybe beyond  :)

Not going to happen.
Eh.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #17 on: 13 October 2014, 17:17:42 »
I'd settle with just announcement of something had come out, saying "Their in!"  I'll be happy.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #18 on: 13 October 2014, 17:36:01 »
You mean aside from the Alpha Strike Companion and Battlecorps Anthology 5, which hit shops like 3 weeks ago, and RS VA: Exoskeletons and IndustrialMechs, and Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials from last week?
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #19 on: 13 October 2014, 17:53:12 »
You mean aside from the Alpha Strike Companion and Battlecorps Anthology 5, which hit shops like 3 weeks ago, and RS VA: Exoskeletons and IndustrialMechs, and Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials from last week?

We found out second hand from other people. Drive Thru RPG got it before the Battleshop posted them. It wasn't posted on the forum's New BattleTech For Sale! till slight late.  I'm not complaining, but it was not good for people be told second hand new arrivals are in.

I finally got my Battlecorps Anthology 5 few weeks ago through my FLG I'm trying support.  Its tough out there.  I want CGL to succeed, it can't if were not finding out about things.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #20 on: 13 October 2014, 18:41:05 »
Street dates for the Alpha Strike Companion and BattleCorps Anthology were circulated on the 26th of August, almost a full month before their physical release.

And PDFs have frequently shown up on DTRPG before their official announcement here - presumably it's because of whatever software used on their site to control releases opposed to a manual update of the thread here.  It's a figurative storm in a teacup to complain about such things.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #21 on: 13 October 2014, 18:56:26 »
I'm looking forward to the XTRO: Primitives IV and Operational Turning Points: Windowmaker Absorbtioni.  Now there a cover for of them, things maybe happening sooner than six weeks.   :D

Both of them
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #22 on: 13 October 2014, 19:15:51 »
We found out second hand from other people. Drive Thru RPG got it before the Battleshop posted them. It wasn't posted on the forum's New BattleTech For Sale! till slight late.  I'm not complaining, but it was not good for people be told second hand new arrivals are in.

At this point I just bookmark straight to the forums and only check the main page for news when I'm trying to keep busy rather than be productive.   Just checked it a few minutes ago.  Good to know Catalyst is going to be at gencon this year.   O0
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Rabid Foxes

• Private
« Reply #23 on: 13 October 2014, 19:33:16 »
Not going to happen.

Any insight into why not? seems like a fairly reasonable request. B-tech has been a story driven game for a long time, and the known story is about to end...

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #24 on: 13 October 2014, 19:57:25 »
Any insight into why not? seems like a fairly reasonable request. B-tech has been a story driven game for a long time, and the known story is about to end...

I think it's our fault.  By "our", I mean the fandom in general.  Way to often catalyst has said one thing and the fans have heard another.

might = definitely
working on = it's releasing next week
We're looking into = we're going to
obvious joke or sarcasm = the word of god.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

sillybrit

• Major
« Reply #25 on: 13 October 2014, 19:58:33 »
and the known story is about to end...

Says who?

Legatus

• Corporal
« Reply #26 on: 13 October 2014, 20:00:57 »
Not going to happen.
All joking and kidding aside, is there a plan to move the universe's timeline forward?  I have read/seen so many conflicting thoughts and opinions, and all the new products seem to be historical in nature that I am honestly uncertain. I am by no means tying to start a flame war or get a specific schedule release date for anything - I just want to know if the focus of the game has changed from an advancing metaplot to more historical (which I have been thoroughly enjoying, BTW).  Thank you for your time and consideration.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #27 on: 13 October 2014, 20:03:25 »
I think it's our fault.  By "our", I mean the fandom in general.  Way to often catalyst has said one thing and the fans have heard another.

might = definitely
working on = it's releasing next week
We're looking into = we're going to
obvious joke or sarcasm = the word of god.

Exactly why I just hope for and wonder about a few select products about the Clans and the Periphery.  Passes the time in a generally more focused way while waiting for everything else and the timeline to move forward.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #28 on: 13 October 2014, 20:34:14 »
All joking and kidding aside, is there a plan to move the universe's timeline forward?  I have read/seen so many conflicting thoughts and opinions, and all the new products seem to be historical in nature that I am honestly uncertain.

No one has ever said anywhere that the game is no longer moving forward.  As has been stated many times, ilClan will advance the timeline when it's released (and it has not been cancelled or anything).

Cheers.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #29 on: 13 October 2014, 20:45:09 »
Ilclan is comming and that's what we all want. Or at least most of us.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass