Author Topic: Alpha Strike 'Mech of the Week: ALM-** Fireball  (Read 11169 times)

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Alpha Strike 'Mech of the Week: ALM-** Fireball
« on: 30 June 2015, 21:06:51 »
Welcome back to the Alpha Strike 'Mech of the Week, folks.  Last week we did the Vulcan, one of the speedier 'Mechs we've seen so far.  This week, we blow it out of the water.  Everybody not already familiar, please say hello to the Fireball.  We're up to 3021 distinct 'Mech variants and configurations, so let's knock out another five.

Here we go with the second Light 'Mech covered under this new series of articles, the Fireball ALM-7D.  This particular little guy stepped off the production lines in 3053.  Let's give it the typical overview.  Size 1, not a lot of melee power in this one.  A TMM of +4?  Wow, that's pretty up there.  How's the spe- holy CRAP!  The Fireball effortlessly takes the speed crown from that weird unique Dervish with a blistering 22” MV.  That qualifies for a +4 alright!  It's also one of the fastest 'Mechs in the game, period.

That's certainly off to a good start!  Let's take a look at the... oh.  Whether we take a look at the guns next or the armor, we get pretty much the same bad news.  Armor first, I suppose, since that's how most of the other articles went.  Two points of armor and one point of structure.  This thing folks like a wet napkin under the ASMOTW's Thud test.  Not a good sign.  Of course, it's pretty hard to hit the damn thing, but this guy clearly relies more on the dice being kind than any intrinsic property of toughness.  On the other hand, even at a +4 mod, two points of armor and one point of structure is pretty dirt cheap.  If you like to ride the edge of fortune, this is the 'Mech for you.

At least, until we get to the guns.  The Fireball handily takes the cake for the most anemic weapon loadout in the game we've seen.  With a damage block of 1/0*/0 and no OV, you actually do less damage than most infantry platoons.  There are single suits of battle armor that are more dangerous than a Fireball, without exaggeration.  The maximum possible damage for a -7D to do is 2, and that's with a backstab.  Now, that said, backstabbing is arguably easier in the Fireball than 99% of 'Mechs out there, but it's still something very difficult to pull off without your opponent helping or you having much, much more dangerous targets to draw fire.

Next up, Specials!  Wait, what?  Nothing?  Oh, okay then.  Not a particularly big surprise.

So what does all this cost us in terms of PV, and what can we use it for?  Well, I'm happy to say that this question has a happy answer.  The Fireball -7D costs a whopping 12 PV.  That's it.  You can get a Fireball for the same price as a skill increase for a high end assault 'Mech.  You can get four of them for your favorite Recon Lance for less than a baseline Atlas.  A -7D is exactly two points more expensive than the cheapest 'Mech in the entire game.  Talk about a bargain!  At 12 points, even with the abysmal stats, I can get behind this thing.  If it draws fire from something big for even one turn, it has more than paid for itself.  If it does a single point of damage along the way, congrats on your big win.  After the Recon Lance comment (and the utter lack of any offensive or defensive capabilities beyond “gotta go fast”), it should come as no surprise that the Fireball -7D is a Scout.  It is also primarily available to the member states of the Federated Commonwealth, as well as affiliated periphery powers.

Moving on to the next variant, we take a look at the Fireball -8D.  What's changed?  The speed has not.  Good.  That's the thing I like most about the original, so it's good that's still there.

Has the armor changed?  No.  Still a wet napkin waiting to be looked at angrily.  Specials?  Nope, no dice.  So far, it looks like this Fireball and the last Fireball are effectively identical.

Weapons?  Oh, hello!  They're still not great, but what we have now is head and shoulders above the previous -7D.  The -8D is capable of dealing damage to medium range reliably when it hits.  The full damage block reads 2/1/0.  This also means that the Fireball can actually approach meaningful levels of damage during a backstab.  The Vulcan last week tended to have similar damage and much more armor, but I have to say that I like the Fireball more, especially when cost is considered.  The extra speed and the all important TMM make it a royal pain in the ass to take out.  For a little visualization, with a +4 TMM, an average pilot is going to need an 8+ in order to hit the Fireball at point blank range.  10+ at medium, and 12+ at long, before counting any terrain or jumping modifiers for the attacker.  With a 22” move, the Fireball can be in long range one turn, and short range the next.  If you have anything at all to draw attention, the Fireball can exploit it with a contemptuous disregard for your opponent's speed.

The improvements in firepower bring the -8D up to a total of 14 PV.  It's still dirt cheap, but now it has some teeth, and it can respond even if the stars don't align for that magical short range shot.  It's also still a Scout, which fits into Recon Lances easily enough.  I'm a big fan of this one, but then I'm a huge fan of the fast buggers in the first place, especially the ones that can back it up with some teeth.  The Vulcan doesn't quite measure up mostly due to its size, but this one can hack it.  I wasn't particularly impressed with the -7D, but I think the -8D really works.  You could probably find a Locust that does the same job, but I really like this one.

Once again, this particular Fireball is available to the component states of the Federated Commonwealth and appropriate Periphery allies, starting in 3054.

Next up, the Fireball -9D.  I really like the helpful naming conventions we've got here.  Easy to keep in order.  The -9D showed up the same year as the -8D, 3054.  Makes me wonder whether the naming conventions are purely for convenience or if they show a progression of improvements.  Judging by the stats on this guy, I'd opt for the former.  Everything is identical to the -8D, save exactly one difference.  We still have no specials, the speed is the same, the armor and structure are the same.

The singular difference is the weapons, which have been changed to a 1/1/0 OV0 block.  Exactly one point less short range damage.  Still capable of engaging at medium range, which is really the category that determines to me whether it's worth using or not.  This particular Fireball doesn't get the good backstab damage that the -8D does, so I'd probably instead use it as a midrange harasser that's impossible to hit.  You can do some good flanking maneuvers with it, too, since it's so tiny and hard to hit it's barely worth shooting.

At 13 PV it's one point more than the -7D, making it a much better buy, and one point less than the -8D, which is a better buy than this for a single point.  In terms of Fireballs, it's middle of the road.  In terms of everything else, it's still blazing fast and a pain in the ass to hit, just remember that a single shot is more than likely to take it off the field.  Because spotting doesn't require closing to short range, if you intend to do your spotting from afar, I'd say this is your best bet today.  As a Scout, you can put it into a Recon Lance and give it Forward Observer for those extra accurate indirect attacks.

Just like every other Fireball so far, this one is available to the component nations of the Federated Commonwealth, and finds its way to common Mercenary use by the Republic era.

Moving right along, into the Jihad era, 3076.  So far we've had a lemon, an average pick, and a pretty good one.  I wonder which we'll get this time?  Let's take a look at the – HELLO!  Now this is what I'm talking about!  The armor and structure are the same.  You're never going to get much better on a fast low-end Light, so I'm not even upset at this point.

The first wow moment is the speed.  We already had a damn fast 'Mech, but the -10D makes it even faster.  How does 28” sound?  Sounds damn fine to me.  This is, hands down, the fastest 'Mech we've gone over so far, and is actually very nearly faster than any 'Mech can go.  Nearly.  More on that in a bit.  I think there's exactly one Locust that outpaces this baby, and nothing else even comes close.  A pretty high bar to beat, with a 'Mech that can go from long range to four inches behind an opponent in one move.  Sign me up!

Then we get to the guns.  Once again, I'm impressed.  The block is up to 2/2/0 OV0, making this the most heavily armed Fireball yet.  I like it.  I like it a lot.  You keep the damage at short range that makes a good backstabber, but the medium range damage is increased.  Now you don't have to dance on the razor's edge quite so nimbly in order to get that back shot, and you can keep your distance any time it's not already a good shot while keeping the same damage output.  I like it a lot.  This is a sublime example of a perfect Light Striker.  It quite simply does not get better than this without more damage that's already hard to match on a frame this small.  ENE makes an appearance in the Special box, but on something this small ammo explosions can only happen after you're dead anyway so it's a non-issue.  In fact, the biggest thing it does is cut your damage in half against Reflective Armor (which is what effectively would happen anyway, but hey).

The fragility of it means that the Fireball -10D is also cheap still.  The Vulcan from last week clocked in between 19 and 25 points, but even this shining example of Everything Right With Backstabbing costs 17 PV.  That's a steal, a bargain, whatever you want to call it it's good.  Plus, it's a Striker.  My favorite.  I love Striker lances, and in this case an extra 2” from Speed Demon might not sound like much, but it's the difference between short and medium range on a backstab, it's the difference between being a target at long range after a successful backstab and being out of range altogether.

The -10D is available to the Federated Suns and the Lyran Commonwealth upon its debut, and to mercenaries and the Republic in the Republic era.  I didn't have any idea this particular Fireball existed before I started the article, so I'll call that a major win.

And now for the moment you've all been waiting for, and the entire raison d'etre for this article.  The Fireball -XF came into existence in 3077.  It is a unique 'Mech, featured in XTRO: Most Wanted.  As such, it's not particularly available to anyone in large numbers.  Which, in my humble opinion, is a damned shame.

Why is that a damned shame?  Just look at that speed.  Drink in its glorious power.  Stand in awe of that speed.  Forty eight inches.  Four feet of move.  This 'Mech goes from beyond long range to behind you in one run without breaking a sweat.  This is, without question and without hyperbole, the fastest ground unit in the entire game (matched by the Celerity 05-X, which has exactly zero weapons and miraculously less armor).  It is capable of outrunning an artillery shell fired from the same position as it on a reasonably sized table.  Single turn flight time distance for an artillery shell (or missile) is 42” inches.  Think about that for a second.  It is one of exactly three exclusively ground units to hit that mythical +5 TMM.  An average pilot needs a 9+ to hit this thing at point blank.  An average pilot is incapable of hitting the -XF at long range.  Considering that this thing can go from long range to long range on the other side of you in one turn, nothing should ever hit the -XF without being a sight better than a normal pilot, or you screw it up.

The armor is the same as all other Fireballs.  No surprises there.  Two armor and one structure.  In the context of how hard it is to hit, that should be entirely superfluous.  The Specials box once again gets ENE, and in this case it means literally nothing.  Fortunately it doesn't increase the PV cost.

Speaking of which, the Fireball -XF comes in at 19 PV.  That's a steal.  The armor you have won't hold up against anything, but barely anything will be able to hit you.  So, essentially, you're paying for 1/1/0 and 48” of movement.  All that for 19 PV?  Sign me right the hell up.  It's also back to the Scout role.  I'd personally prefer Striker, but it's still definitely workable, and being so fast and hard to hit lends a lot to a lance type where losing members is relatively easy in the grand scheme of things.  A Fireball -XF will survive a lot longer, and therefore keep your lance bonuses active.  Definitely a good thing.

Using a Fireball is pretty simple and self-explanitory.  Shoot and scoot, never ever ever ever stand still, go for backstabs, and try not to get shot.  That's true of all Fireballs, though some are better than others.  I'm a pretty big fan of them, though to be sure I'm a big fan of fast things with teeth.  In this author's not so humble opinion, the Fireball is a much better play in Alpha Strike than in the normal game.

There are two different sculpts of the Fireball, both featured on CamoSpecs.

Since I missed a couple weeks due to conventions and other work stuff, figured I'd catch up a bit on the schedule!  There will still be an article this Friday.  It is scheduled to be the Catapult.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Alpha Strike 'Mech of the Week: ALM-** Fireball
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2015, 21:18:03 »
A good read, Scotty!

I'm not particularly familiar with the Fireball, given my Davionista days are decades behind me. Darn it, I actually have to start playing AS as well as building forces to do so with! I'm interested in how 22"-28" plays on the table - can the Fireball get behind & around on an average table, with a company or so out each? Or is the playing space too constrained for safe flanking?

The XF is just insane, and seems likely to be exploitable with some special abilities.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2015, 21:22:09 »
The smallest table I've ever played Alpha Strike on (that was a full game) is 4' x 4', so you've got 48" to play around with.  Even with a company on the field, you've got enough room to run rings around most things, and you can hop and skip from long to short range almost at will depending on initiative.  I have good effect with 14-18" and that role, so 22" is more of a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

I'd say that, for a company size game, 6' x 4' is probably the size you should be aiming for, and in that context a Fireball will have a field day.  it's vulnerable to fluky hits on 12+ just vaporizing it without a good response, but those are just that - fluky.  If you play the terrain right, or make a dedicated effort to stay out of sight and out of mind for a couple turns you should get some good shots.  I'd even go so far as to 'only' move 14"-16" for a few turns to make your opponent think that's the most you're capable of.  In a pick-up game you might have to provide a card if asked, but bluffing is still a totally viable tactic.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Fallen_Raven

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2015, 21:55:46 »
The Fireball XF, for when HPGs just aren't fast enough!

While none of these have ever impressed me in conventional play, AS gives enough advantage to lance types to justify a few cheap scouts. When those cheap scouts can be fast enough to threaten back stabs on an entire company, it gets hard to justify not taking them in battalion scale games.
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2015, 22:47:22 »

While none of these have ever impressed me in conventional play, AS gives enough advantage to lance types to justify a few cheap scouts. When those cheap scouts can be fast enough to threaten back stabs on an entire company, it gets hard to justify not taking them in battalion scale games.
....Which raises the importance of having scouts of your own to threaten the same on an enemy force, as well as scout hunters to protect your flanks and dissuade your opponent from fruitlessly spending his entire scout force in a suicidal charge.

Gee, it's almost sounding like Alpha Strike plays like the in-universe battles a lot better than Battletech, isn't it? Thrust and parry, fast units flank while slow units gradually get to grips with each other, maneuver being just as important as firepower or armor...

Whereas in basic Battletech play, the only two things that really matter are armor and firepower; if you tilt away from maneuver you lose very little and gain a lot at the scale Battletech is able to be played at; conversely if you tilt towards maneuver you lose a lot.

Lights are chump cannon fodder in Battletech. In Alpha Strike, they're such a huge part that my friend has gotten tired of me spanking his top-heavy collection and is buying Recon and Pursuit Lances as soon as he can.

Hey, Scotty, I was thinking about doing one of these on the Shadow Hawk and the Fire Moth; any objections?

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2015, 23:03:39 »
None at all from me.  I've got a schedule I'm (mostly) trying to stick to, and a few constraints to fit on that one, but you're under none such.  Feel free to post them whenever you've got the time or desire to do so.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #6 on: 30 June 2015, 23:20:36 »
You know that comment I made earlier in the Vulcan thread about hunting infantry, and field arty in particular? I'd say the -XF cranks that up to eleven(or forty-eight). Start your turn outside the arty's one-turn range, then finish that turn behind them, and silencing the gun with a backstab. That's...insane.
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer
"We are the tribal elders. Weirdo is the mushroom specialist." - Worktroll

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 30 June 2015, 23:27:36 »
At that point I'd say that what the infantry really need are a charge.  48 inches is a hell of a charge distance. ^-^

Plus, the way charges work under Alpha Strike rules, you only take damage if the target is size 3 or higher!
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Avitue

• Sergeant
  • Avitue's Avenging Angels
« Reply #8 on: 01 July 2015, 04:05:50 »

You clearly used them wrong.

Use a pilot with leveled piloting skill in one and CHAAAAAAAARGE people's rear ends with one.  ;D

Speaking of which, the damage the -XF can do when doing that...  :D

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #9 on: 01 July 2015, 04:36:09 »
Ugg. Why is it when you get a really fast machine someone has to insist on smashing it against something?
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Karasu

• Mecharcheologist by appointment
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 01 July 2015, 04:38:48 »
As a note on speed, I think the Fire Moth G config also goes faster than most Fireballs, due to the MASC & supercharger combo.

But then, Clantech, yeah?

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 01 July 2015, 08:02:03 »
Ugg. Why is it when you get a really fast machine someone has to insist on smashing it against something?

Probably has something to do with the six damage charge, which is on par with the firepower of high end Clan Heavies.  Plus, unless the r target is size three or larger, you take no damage in a charge.  Basically the XF is a guided anti-light Mech missile.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Weirdo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
« Reply #12 on: 01 July 2015, 08:22:24 »

I blame television. They make one model of tv designed to be thrown at people, and now kinetic strikes are the only way kids can relate to the outside world anymore.

Probably has something to do with the six damage charge, which is on par with the firepower of high end Clan Heavies.  Plus, unless the r target is size three or larger, you take no damage in a charge.  Basically the XF is a guided anti-light Mech missile.

Dun care. Won't do it. I've still got my...what's that word? Not principles, sure as hell ain't dignity...
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 01 July 2015, 08:50:33 »
You mean to tell me that Weirdo is not swayed by the mental image of an infantry platoon scattering like bowling pins when a Fireball crashes into them at 436 kph?  Truly the world is a dark place.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Weirdo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
« Reply #14 on: 01 July 2015, 09:02:08 »
Okay, maybe I'll charge infantry, but only because I saw Jurassic World last night.

That, and the Hornet art from '50u.
My wife writes books

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 01 July 2015, 11:09:55 »
There's the Weirdo I know and fear. ^-^

Back on topic, I really can't overstate how important and useful even two extra inches of moves can be.  Speed Demon is hands down my most used SPA for precisely that reason.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Weirdo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
« Reply #16 on: 01 July 2015, 11:16:12 »
For recon lances, I find Maneuvering Ace to be invaluable. Something that fast, able to move through woods/light woods for free? Sign me up!
My wife writes books

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 01 July 2015, 12:08:00 »
I'm not a huge fan of woods in general.  Since they work both ways, they're effectively a way for Lights to make themselves even more relatively hard to hit than before, while cutting down the number of shots that hit on either side and making the game stretch far longer than it needs to.  Most of my tables are bare of woods, and instead prefer water, buildings, and hills to provide incentive to maneuver and take cover.  At least partial cover can be circumvented with a flanking maneuver.  Woods are a constant, inescapable +2 to hit for everyone and it makes life miserable.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: 01 July 2015, 12:55:44 »
What, you can't burn them down or blow them up?
Damn, that's sad. Can I atleast glue some on my mech? Or is that how Stealth Armour works?
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 01 July 2015, 13:02:56 »
48"!?
This brain has performed an illegal operation and must be shut down

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #20 on: 01 July 2015, 13:57:11 »
Fireball XF: Because Race Mech
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #21 on: 01 July 2015, 19:14:27 »
Fireball XF: Because Race Mech

Fireball XF:  The only thing Thrush pilots will consent to drive on the ground.

nerd

• Captain
  • Nunc Partus-Ready Now
    • Traveller Adventures
« Reply #22 on: 01 July 2015, 20:17:44 »
Fireball XF.

When you feel the need. The need for speed.
M. T. Thompson
Don of the Starslayer Mafia
Member of the AFFS High Command

Nikas_Zekeval

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 02 July 2015, 07:17:41 »
48"!?
This brain has performed an illegal operation and must be shut down

Does AS have ramming rules?  Because I'm imagining a full speed ram under TW rules. }:)

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 02 July 2015, 07:23:06 »
Distance traveled times size divided by eight.  The XF can pull off a 6 point charge.

For perspective, that's enough to one-shot all but one of the Vulcans reviewed last week.

And it's a physical attack, not subject to variable damageIf you're using that rule.
« Last Edit: 02 July 2015, 07:26:56 by Scotty »
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Karasu

• Mecharcheologist by appointment
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 03 July 2015, 05:15:54 »
I'm trying to make an automatic PV calculator (I know there may be one already, but I like the challenge) and I can't get the Fireball X(L)F(ive) to add up correctly.  Can someone point out my error?

Attack = 1x1 + 1x2 + 0x1 + 0x0.5 + 1x0.5 + No specials = 3.5

Defence = 48/2x0.25 + No specials + (2x2 + 1x1) x (1 + 5/10) = 13.5

Final PV = (3.5 + 13.5) x1 + No specials = 17

The card on the MUL says 19, which is notably more!

Rage

• Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: 03 July 2015, 18:26:06 »
I'm trying to make an automatic PV calculator (I know there may be one already, but I like the challenge) and I can't get the Fireball X(L)F(ive) to add up correctly.  Can someone point out my error?

Attack = 1x1 + 1x2 + 0x1 + 0x0.5 + 1x0.5 + No specials = 3.5

Defence = 48/2x0.25 + No specials + (2x2 + 1x1) x (1 + 5/10) = 13.5

Final PV = (3.5 + 13.5) x1 + No specials = 17

The card on the MUL says 19, which is notably more!

You've got the armor wrong. The Fireball's got 64 points, not 48.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 03 July 2015, 18:43:50 »
That's the speed in inches, not the armor. ;D
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Rage

• Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: 03 July 2015, 18:50:57 »
That's the speed in inches, not the armor. ;D

Whoops

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 04 July 2015, 05:48:05 »
So which is better at charging, this one, or the Porcupine?
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.