Author Topic: Mechwarrior (reboot)  (Read 46384 times)

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
Re: Mechwarrior (reboot)
« Reply #210 on: 30 December 2011, 18:38:17 »
Yes, but I doubt they'll have time to model up every one of them before August.  There are only eight more months before then, after all. :)

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #211 on: 31 December 2011, 02:49:08 »
You can be sure they are modeling several mechs at the same time, question is what will the game open up with?  I do believe a poll was opened up on Facebook asking about light mechs, the Flea, Hornet, Mercury or Thorn.  Mercury was leading last I checked, but they didn't mention which varient of the Flea.  Hornet had the least votes.

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #212 on: 31 December 2011, 03:05:11 »
What I'm wondering is why Piranha is only introducing one new 'Mech each month.  If that's the case, we're likely to only get 12 'Mechs at launch.  However, there -was- that one wall board in one of Bryan Ekman's picture tweets, covered in concept art...who knows how many designs there ended up being after all?
« Last Edit: 31 December 2011, 13:55:17 by Youngblood »

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #213 on: 31 December 2011, 11:45:52 »
You can be sure they are modeling several mechs at the same time, question is what will the game open up with?  I do believe a poll was opened up on Facebook asking about light mechs, the Flea, Hornet, Mercury or Thorn.  Mercury was leading last I checked, but they didn't mention which varient of the Flea.  Hornet had the least votes.

I would take Mercury or Thorn. I don't like armless Hornet, and Flea is too fragile and generally weak.

Yes, but I doubt they'll have time to model up every one of them before August.  There are only eight more months before then, after all. :)

If anything, I think they will come with Enforcer. It used to be a workhorse of 3025 era.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #214 on: 31 December 2011, 14:25:03 »
Yay, I think their going be doing the 'Mechs from the Intro box with way things are being released.  Its too bad, i'd like see very revisioned 'Mechs from unseen side.  Too risky i guess.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #215 on: 31 December 2011, 16:11:15 »
Pointing out right now that all these sneak peeks are not necessarily indicative of all the 'Mechs that will be available.

In other words, just because they only preview 12 'Mechs does not mean there will be only 12 'Mechs.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #216 on: 31 December 2011, 17:29:57 »
  I like the looks. The nose has the look of the Osprey. I don't mind the thicker legs, i think it makes it look tough, which is what they are doing to all of the mechs.

It also looks a lot like the Catapult in Centurion13's fanon TRO.I got a sneek peek at it and it is darn sexy.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Sid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #217 on: 31 December 2011, 18:07:06 »
What I'm wondering is why Piranha is only introducing one new 'Mech each month.  If that's the case, we're likely to only get 12 'Mechs at launch.  However, there -was- that one wall board in one of Bryan Ekman's picture tweets, covered in concept art...who knows how many designs there ended up being after all?

They haven't introduced the Clans yet either.

The game, however, is set in real time with one day passing in the universe for every day that passes in reality.

A few hours from now, the date in MWO will be January 1st 3049. 

Within a year of MWO's release, the Clans will be in the game. (Likely the first major expansion/patch update)

Just like the Clans aren't being shown off yet for previews, I'm sure other I.S 'mechs will not be previewed.
Formerly known as 'Phad'

Mechwarriorfreak

• Lieutenant
  • You messed with the wrong fast food CEO.....
« Reply #218 on: 31 December 2011, 21:17:36 »
I'll bet they're gonna make the Timber Wolf look amazing! I can't wait till they release the artwork for that! I hope it looks the most like the ones in this picture, cuz I think they look the coolest!

http://www.operatorchan.org/n/arch/src/n123858_Mad%20Cat.jpg

They better also show the artwork of the Warhammer, and they better have the Marauder and Archer in this game too! I'm really pumped!
"Is it better to be feared, or respected? And I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark, Iron Man

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #219 on: 01 January 2012, 07:48:45 »
  I like the looks. The nose has the look of the Osprey. I don't mind the thicker legs, i think it makes it look tough, which is what they are doing to all of the mechs.

It also looks a lot like the Catapult in Centurion13's fanon TRO.I got a sneek peek at it and it is darn sexy.

I know you are waiting for CTF-1X Cataphract similar to one we can see on cover of RS: 3050, don't you?  ;)

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #220 on: 01 January 2012, 12:07:34 »
I know you are waiting for CTF-1X Cataphract similar to one we can see on cover of RS: 3050, don't you?  ;)

Is there any doubt ?  O0

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #221 on: 01 January 2012, 12:44:05 »
Is there any doubt ?  O0

You could buy MechWarrior: Tactical Command and then you can take Caesar - that's virtually the same ...  ;)

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #222 on: 01 January 2012, 13:01:34 »
You could buy MechWarrior: Tactical Command and then you can take Caesar - that's virtually the same ...  ;)

Wow, thats beautiful  :'( it needs different colors tho  ;D

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #223 on: 16 April 2012, 06:12:39 »
Quote from: ISN News Flash
Thur. Apr 12, 3049: Citizens For Safety petition Archon to mandate the replacement of the centuries’ old nuclear reactor below Tharkad City.
I guess if worked this well for hundreds of years, decade or two should not be a problem  :D
Shoot first, laugh later.

Sid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #224 on: 16 April 2012, 08:25:45 »
I guess if worked this well for hundreds of years, decade or two should not be a problem  :D

Ha, that's cheeky of them  ;D
Formerly known as 'Phad'