Author Topic: Tintavel = WoB hidden world?  (Read 6032 times)

Alan Grant

• Captain
Tintavel = WoB hidden world?
« on: 03 July 2011, 15:17:52 »
Tintavel (present day FWL space) was all but wiped out in the Age of War, that event contributing to the creation of the Ares Conventions. It's surviving settlements hobbled on but failed after a few more years.

It's on the maps through around the 1st Succession War it appeared north of Mansu-ri and south of Milnertonm just below the Oriente worlds. Then it disappears.

Is there any chance this is one of the WoB's "hidden worlds", or are all those accounted for?

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
Re: Tintavel = WoB hidden world?
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2011, 15:50:40 »
It is not. The Free Worlds League hidden world was Jardine.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2011, 20:16:41 »
Jardine was one of the Five, yes.

This doesn't mean there may not be more Hidden Worlds out there...

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2011, 21:02:11 »
If there are, it's never been hinted at. And likewise it would make nearly every world the fell off the maps during the Succession Wars a potential candidate.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

DarthRads

• Captain
  • Trust me...I'm the Doctor...
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2011, 21:49:20 »
If there are, it's never been hinted at. And likewise it would make nearly every world the fell off the maps during the Succession Wars a potential candidate.

Actually, I do recall someone asking a question along these lines absed on a BC Story. The answer was there are other Hidden Worlds, but being a Hidden World does not make you one of the Five. The five a spread evenly, one in each Successor State.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2011, 01:58:01 »
Ah. Well, although I possess all the BC stories, I haven't read most of them yet, so that may well be true.

- Klarg1

Flaresnake

• Master Sergeant
  • The Star League is Eternal
« Reply #6 on: 13 July 2011, 08:26:39 »
aren't the hidden worlds named some where. i think its some dark age material
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."-Carth Onasi

DarthRads

• Captain
  • Trust me...I'm the Doctor...
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2011, 17:32:46 »
I think the TOURING THE STARS articles name THREE of them...

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2011, 17:43:47 »
It wasn't Touring the Stars, but LinkNet and it named all five: Jardine, Gabriel, Taussen, Obeedah, Mayadi. The problem is: "We do not even know if these are their actual names, or if the Cabal pulled another bait-and-switch as they had when Jardine became Herakleione and then “died.”"

Also mentioned:
- a rumor that Stone's people found one of the remaining three during the war and covered it up;
- a suggestion in the data files that the Combine world was dead even before the Jihad, the victim of one of its own products

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #9 on: 13 July 2011, 19:00:45 »
Tintavel didn't have much to recommend it as a Hidden World, though. Could be possible.

I do think I found the Federated Suns Hidden World: Arcadia. It got a nice write-up as a major breadbasket in the old House Davion Sourcebook, but then basically vanished.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #10 on: 13 July 2011, 21:59:53 »
I wonder how many secondary Hidden Worlds the WoB has/had. I can think of at least three: Ross 2458, Luyten 68-28 and Haddings. Have any others been mentioned?

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #11 on: 13 July 2011, 22:21:20 »
I do think I found the Federated Suns Hidden World: Arcadia. It got a nice write-up as a major breadbasket in the old House Davion Sourcebook, but then basically vanished.

Nadin B of rgm made that her fiefdom in her campaign, so it might have gotten the boot just for that.  ;)
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #12 on: 13 July 2011, 23:30:40 »
Nadin B of rgm made that her fiefdom in her campaign, so it might have gotten the boot just for that.  ;)

Ooooo. Yeah, hadn't remembered that.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Harry

• Corporal
« Reply #13 on: 14 July 2011, 14:04:55 »
Also mentioned:

- a suggestion in the data files that the Combine world was dead even before the Jihad, the victim of one of its own products

Recently i read Blake Ascending and there was a letter to Thomas Halas (Dead Ends, p.269) suggesting this exactly.
It was about a Blake world that was drowning in lava completely.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #14 on: 14 July 2011, 14:07:38 »
Recently i read Blake Ascending and there was a letter to Thomas Halas (Dead Ends, p.269) suggesting this exactly.
It was about a Blake world that was drowning in lava completely.

That was Jardine, the FWL hidden world.

Harry

• Corporal
« Reply #15 on: 14 July 2011, 14:29:14 »
That was Jardine, the FWL hidden world.

:-[ okay, maybe it is time to buy the newer jihad sourcebooks.

At least it belongs to the topic.  :)

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #16 on: 14 July 2011, 18:49:42 »
Yeah, back when the excitement of The Five was really peaking, that was my guess as well.  Would make for a really cool setting, what with lots of major cities rotting away.

CDT Special Agent #343

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #17 on: 15 July 2011, 04:27:52 »
Yeah, back when the excitement of The Five was really peaking, that was my guess as well.  Would make for a really cool setting, what with lots of major cities rotting away.

Arcadia die due to heavy fighting there during the 1st Succession War. It was as far as the DCMS came in their drive to New Avalon (one jump away). The fighting there wasn't pretty.

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 15 July 2011, 07:33:09 »
They bad the DCMS didn't get any further... :(

Glory to the Combine Snow Lily Empire!

The Hawk

• Warrant Officer
  • Have talons, will travel.
« Reply #19 on: 16 July 2011, 09:08:09 »
I wonder how many secondary Hidden Worlds the WoB has/had. I can think of at least three: Ross 2458, Luyten 68-28 and Haddings. Have any others been mentioned?

ISP2's writeup on the Hidden has a lot of speculation; for the most part they're planets in the Deep Periphery, some of which may have been used for one thing or another, some of which may not have been.  Mundo Nublar, Alpha Hydri, Trentwash, Trisha, and RWR Outpost #27 all spring immediately to mind.  But, like everything else in ISP2, it should probably be taken with a very large grain of salt.

Register