Author Topic: In-Game BattleChat with The Master (and partial transcript!)  (Read 7990 times)

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Last Edit: 10 July 2011, 11:52:47 by Euphonium »
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
Re: In-Game BattleChat with The Master now started
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2011, 11:52:06 »
And here's a qucik'n'rough transcript so far, folks!

+++ ChanServ has given admin to Habeas2
<wObLuVr>: Evil Master!
<Weirdo>: Right on time, it seems!
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Moriturie te salutant high dominus
<Habeas2>: Hello, please stand by
<wObLuVr>: For the glory of all that is good and just, we shall stand by!
+++ Habeas2 has given op to TheMaster
<Weirdo>: Dun dun dun, dun dun-dun, dun dun-dun...
<wObLuVr>: Oh, Master! [swoons]
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: High Dominus!
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: I wonder where the snipers are hiding
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: *throws an arm away* Which Snipers Kanistergeburt?
StarCaptainDanielDevalis picks up the arm and beats PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl to a bloody pulp
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: You mean, whats left of him
<Habeas2>: Hello
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Hi Herb
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: Hi Herb
<Habeas2>: And welcome to this special edition Live BattleChat. As always, I'm your host, BattleTech Line Developer Herbert Beas. Today's in-character guest: the Word of Blake Master.
<TheMaster>: Hey there
<Euphonium>: Good day.
<Habeas2>: Though this is an in-character chat, the standard rules for conduct apply: Keep questions brief, keep them civil, and give others a chance to speak.
<TheMaster>: And, for the benefit of the Frail audience, please keep them in English. High Dominus just confuses the hell out of them.
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: Warum das denn?
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>:
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Now you're just being evil, SCDD
<MasonLight>: So. . . . Terra. tough luck there.
<Weirdo>: With the Jihad coming to a close, is there any chance we'll see a complete fleet roster for the Word of Blake WarShip fleet at its height in an upcoming product, such as Final Reckoning?
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: @Master: *uff* My High Dominus got a little bit rusty since Radstad...
<Habeas2>: That all said, this chat is scheduled to run for a minimum of 1 hour. Since I'm having some slight trouble getting underway, I'll extend the end point to 1:30 PM Eastern/10:30 AM Pacific.
<Habeas2>: And now... Fire away!
<Hersh67>: The Master? Who let Herb's cats in here?
<Euphonium>: What can you tell us about this Devlin Stone guy?
<MechwarriorHermes>: Greetings fellow spheroids. Master, I am one of your loyal servants. Will you give me your location so that we may join you, for the glory of Blake?
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: I challenge The Master to a Trial of Truth about the rumors regarding not named warriors in the armed forces of the WoB
<Hersh67>: On a more serious note, how goes the Liberation of Terra? (Kerensky's liberation that is.)
<TheMaster>: Hersh67 - Wait, huh? Cats? Where?
<Weirdo>: (In case I overshot the opening of questions) With the Jihad coming to a close, is there any chance we'll see a complete fleet roster for the Word of Blake WarShip fleet at its height in an upcoming product, such as Final Reckoning?
<MasonLight>: Quick, somebody triangulate the Master's signal.
<MasonLight>:
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Stone! Stone is what happens when someone gets lax on security in the re-education centers! And the rercord-keepers at that facility are damned lucky they had the good sense to die quickly when he got loose, let me tell you!
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Why, so the Word of Blake coul enlighten you?
<TheMaster>: MechWarriorHermes - If you were one of my true followers, you'd be here already!
<MasonLight>: I've got some undeliverable fire miss. . . I mean mail addressed to him. I wouldn't want to interfere with the sensitive data.
<Habeas2>: MasonLight - Sorry; the signal is being encrypted and fed from several remote locations simultaneously. (As a result, I've noticed a slight lag in the responses...)
<blazingsky>: Apparently in the future, even the Master has a hard time pulling in tabloids
<Habeas2>: Weirdo - Unknown.
<MasonLight>:
<Habeas2>: Hersh67 - Liberation of Terra is coming along fine.
<MechwarriorHermes>: Master, we have captured many clan warships for your forces. Simply name your location and we shall join you there. Quiaff?
<TheMaster>: StarCaptainDanielDevalis - The Word of Blake does not recognize your "Trials" or your trivial customs of warfare, but if it's a fight you want--we will meet you at the world of your choice.
<MasonLight>: @ Master: You haven't seen Arthur Davion around anywhere, have you?
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Master, just point me into the right direction me and my unit will destroy those clanners
<TheMaster>: MechWarriorHermes - Yes, of course! Head to Point AK-62-J/Beta/Magnus. You know the place.
<Euphonium>: Where do you see the Word of Blake being in 10 years time?
<TheMaster>: MasonLight - The last time I saw Arthur Davion was probably the last time YOU saw him: On Robinson, right before someone blew him up, and later blamed it on his sister.
<Weirdo>: Speaking of WarShips, given that the AoW and SL-era House and Periphery navies still have huge holes in them, is there any chance we'll see more early WarShip designs in future XTRO Primitive products, or other historical products like Liberation of Terra?
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Finally! A descent question! I see the righteous followers of Blake's Wisdom, ten years hence, to be ascendant in the new universal order! As peace returns to our Sphere, a new Golden Age will dawn, and the true believers will glory in what they--through the ultimate sacrifice--have helped to bring about.
<Klep>: Master, do you have any words to eulogize your faithful servant Apollyon?
<Steelfang>: Damned !, now I'm in the right place. What I miss?
<Euphonium>: So you have plans in place to defeat Devil In Stone's coalition then? How much of a set-back was losing Terra?
<Weirdo>: Grah. Thanks anyway.
<MasonLight>: @ Habeas2: How is the 3039 unabridged record sheets product coming along? Will it be released this year?
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: Steelfang the truth about everything was revealed. And then we were sworn to never ever talk about it
<TheMaster>: Klep - Apollyon was a paragon of virtue, a true friend, a valued comrade, and a hero for the cause. His service to the Word and to humanity as a whole should be a beacon to all who know that sometimes, one must make sacrifices even greater than death to bring about enlightenment and peace.
<blazingsky2>: I thought that had already been released, it was just pulled back for corrections?
<Steelfang>: Wars of Reaving. Will it be ready for GenCOn, even as a PDF?
<Euphonium>: "Sacrifices even greater than death" - what does that entail?
<Habeas2>: MasonLight - We'll see.
<Habeas2>: Steelfang - I'm not telling.
<blazingsky2>: Before the sun goes dark then?
<MechwarriorHermes>: Master, we love the new Ferro-Lamellor armor your minions developed under the guise of Clan Snow Raven. When might we see some glorious Blake designs fielded that take advantage of this marvelous technology?
<Steelfang>:
<TheMaster>: Euphorium - The plans to destroy Devlin Stone are well underway. The defilers of Terra will face many challenges indeed if they are to hold onto their prize!
<Weirdo>: Is there anything you can give us WarShip fans?
<MasonLight>: @Master -- Funny, I think Stone would say the same thing about you. He's coming to get you, you know.
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Apollyon's sacrifices went beyond the mere death of flesh. For you, the people of the Inner Sphere, he gave his soul, and the souls of his people.
<Euphonium>: So Apollyon's soul was not immortal? Hmmm.....
<Steelfang>: Master, you should have killed Devlin Stone when you captured him ose salong with the rest of Expatriates and Counter-Reformers. Surely he belongs to one of those sects.
<TheMaster>: MechWarriorHermes - Ferro-What?
<blazingsky2>: Master, I have a question. It seems like the end of the Jihad turned into the Word's efforts to play ding dong ditch with the Sphere, and less about letting them receive the Holy Light of Blake
<blazingsky2>: why is that?
<Euphonium>: Do Kerensky's Clans have a place in the new universal order? If so, what is it?
<Habeas2>: Weirdo - Not at this time
<TheMaster>: MasonLight - Let Stone come. We are ready for him.
<MechwarriorHermes>: Master, we want to give you our souls too! But the warships full of souls that we sent to the location you specified have all been destroyed in some violation of the space time continuum! How shall we join you now?
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - No soul is immortal.
<Euphonium>: I guess I'll just have to disagree with you there.
<TheMaster>: Blazingsky - All will be revealed in the fullness of time.
<TheMaster>: MechWarriorHermes - I recommend turning off life support and waiting in deep space for our rescue teams.
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Your right is to disagree, of course.
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: MechWarriorHermes - Worked for me too
<Euphonium>: For those of us not fully conversant with Blake's Word, what guidance can you offer?
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - And as to Kerensky's Clans and their place... That has become decidedly unclear in recent days, I must admit. They will change, to be most certain. But they may not ascend....
<blazingsky2>: Will TRO start a trend of each unit in the TRO having quirks, or was it a one off? I like the concept
<Habeas2>: Blazingsky - Yes
<MasonLight>: So, Thom, do you think Janos would be proud of the way you've wrecked the inner sphere?
<blazingsky2>: Any hope of quirks for older units, or will we have to make do with our own lists?
<blazingsky2>: Beyond the obsolete quirk anyway >.>
<MechwarriorHermes>: Master, I sense your distrust. The rumors that I am a Trueborn Clan warrior working for the Watch are false! Like you, I am dezgra! How may your followers serve you next?
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Seek a path of greatness beyond what the Frail House Lords offer, and fear not the barbarism of the Clans' ideal. Might does NOT always make right, be you a Khan or a Duke. When your BattleMechs march once more into the fires of war--in the name of all that you love and all that you think you believe--KNOW THE REASON YOU FIGHT!
<blazingsky2>: I fight for cookies, really.
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: blazingsky2 who doesn't?
<TheMaster>: MasonLight - It is hard to speculate on what the dead remnants of an obsolete order would say to those who have attained the wisdom of the Blessed Blake and the realization that the currents of history itself can be harnessed.
<blazingsky2>: Since I've gotten my mother's recipe for home made oreos, I've been fighting to keep them a lot
<Habeas2>: Blazingsky - Yes, there's hope.
<MasonLight>: Nah. I think you'd be in for a spanking.
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: Blazingsky2 I challenge you to a trial of possession
<TheMaster>: MechWarriorHermes - To serve me next? Invade Terra. That's always good for a laugh.
<Euphonium>: Thankyou. I gave up the fighting-for-money thing back in the late '50s, and just do the fight-to-defend-my-kin stuff now. On which note, I'm really looking forward to your new golden age of peace.
<Euphonium>: Have you ever met the other Thomas Marik face-to-face?
<MasonLight>: You mean half face to have face, don't you?
<MasonLight>: *half face to half face.
<MasonLight>: Sheesh.
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - The "other Thomas Marik"? You mean [static]? The one I entrusted with the reins of power on Atreus to bring a new era of stability and enlightenment to my former realm?
<Euphonium>: That's the one. Oh, and can you clean up that static a bit, please?
<blazingsky2>: Ah, so the false Thomas' real name is Static? This may explain some things
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Yes, I have met him. Taught him most everything he knows, in fact.
<Habeas2>: Sorry for the statc, folks. Bouncing signals and all that....
<Euphonium>: How do you feel about how he turned out?
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: Master, there was a lot of static in your last transmission, please repeat.
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Not too bad, actually. Heh.
<Euphonium>: I'm afraid I have to depart now - duty calls. Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.
<TheMaster>: StarCaptainDanielDevalis - I said "Not too bad, actually."
<MasonLight>: @Master -- How do you feel about the romance between Isis and Victor Davion? Are you a proud papa?
<Habeas2>: I should note for those joining us late: This is an in-characteer chat with the Word of Blake Master... And it's not being officially logged. We have 40 minutes to go.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
Re: In-Game BattleChat with The Master now started
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2011, 12:30:37 »
Once again, sorted for your convenience.

Chat #1

<Habeas2>: Hello, please stand by
<Weirdo>: Dun dun dun, dun dun-dun, dun dun-dun...
<wObLuVr>: Oh, Master! [swoons]
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: High Dominus!
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: I wonder where the snipers are hiding
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: *throws an arm away* Which Snipers Kanistergeburt?
StarCaptainDanielDevalis picks up the arm and beats PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl to a bloody pulp
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: You mean, whats left of him ;)
<Habeas2>: Hello
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Hi Herb
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: Hi Herb
<Habeas2>: And welcome to this special edition Live BattleChat. As always, I'm your host, BattleTech Line Developer Herbert Beas. Today's in-character guest: the Word of Blake Master.
<TheMaster>: Hey there
<Euphonium>: Good day.
<Habeas2>: Though this is an in-character chat, the standard rules for conduct apply: Keep questions brief, keep them civil, and give others a chance to speak.
<TheMaster>: And, for the benefit of the Frail audience, please keep them in English. High Dominus just confuses the hell out of them.
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: Warum das denn?
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>:   :P
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Now you're just being evil, SCDD ;)
<MasonLight>: So. . . . Terra. tough luck there.
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: @Master: *uff* My High Dominus got a little bit rusty since Radstad...
<Habeas2>: That all said, this chat is scheduled to run for a minimum of 1 hour. Since I'm having some slight trouble getting underway, I'll extend the end point to 1:30 PM Eastern/10:30 AM Pacific.
<Habeas2>: And now... Fire away!

<Hersh67>: The Master? Who let Herb's cats in here?
<TheMaster>: Hersh67 - Wait, huh? Cats? Where?

<Euphonium>: What can you tell us about this Devlin Stone guy?
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Stone! Stone is what happens when someone gets lax on security in the re-education centers! And the rercord-keepers at that facility are damned lucky they had the good sense to die quickly when he got loose, let me tell you!

<MasonLight>: Quick, somebody triangulate the Master's signal.
<MasonLight>: :)
<MasonLight>: I've got some undeliverable fire miss. . . I mean mail addressed to him. I wouldn't want to interfere with the sensitive data.
<Habeas2>: MasonLight - Sorry; the signal is being encrypted and fed from several remote locations simultaneously. (As a result, I've noticed a slight lag in the responses...)

<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Why, so the Word of Blake coul enlighten you?

<MechwarriorHermes>: Greetings fellow spheroids. Master, I am one of your loyal servants. Will you give me your location so that we may join you, for the glory of Blake?
<TheMaster>: MechWarriorHermes - If you were one of my true followers, you'd be here already!

<Weirdo>: With the Jihad coming to a close, is there any chance we'll see a complete fleet roster for the Word of Blake WarShip fleet at its height in an upcoming product, such as Final Reckoning?

<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: I challenge The Master to a Trial of Truth about the rumors regarding not named warriors in the armed forces of the WoB
<TheMaster>: StarCaptainDanielDevalis - The Word of Blake does not recognize your "Trials" or your trivial customs of warfare, but if it's a fight you want--we will meet you at the world of your choice.

<Hersh67>: On a more serious note, how goes the Liberation of Terra? (Kerensky's liberation that is.)
<Habeas2>: Hersh67 - Liberation of Terra is coming along fine.

<blazingsky>: Apparently in the future, even the Master has a hard time pulling in tabloids

<MechwarriorHermes>: Master, we have captured many clan warships for your forces. Simply name your location and we shall join you there. Quiaff?
<TheMaster>: MechWarriorHermes - Yes, of course! Head to Point AK-62-J/Beta/Magnus. You know the place.

<MasonLight>: @ Master: You haven't seen Arthur Davion around anywhere, have you?
<TheMaster>: MasonLight - The last time I saw Arthur Davion was probably the last time YOU saw him: On Robinson, right before someone blew him up, and later blamed it on his sister.

<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Master, just point me into the right direction me and my unit will destroy those clanners

<Euphonium>: Where do you see the Word of Blake being in 10 years time?
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Finally! A descent question! I see the righteous followers of Blake's Wisdom, ten years hence, to be ascendant in the new universal order! As peace returns to our Sphere, a new Golden Age will dawn, and the true believers will glory in what they--through the ultimate sacrifice--have helped to bring about.

<Weirdo>: Speaking of WarShips, given that the AoW and SL-era House and Periphery navies still have huge holes in them, is there any chance we'll see more early WarShip designs in future XTRO Primitive products, or other historical products like Liberation of Terra?
<Weirdo>: Grah. Thanks anyway.
<Weirdo>: Is there anything you can give us WarShip fans?
<Habeas2>: Weirdo - Not at this time

<Klep>: Master, do you have any words to eulogize your faithful servant Apollyon?
<TheMaster>: Klep - Apollyon was a paragon of virtue, a true friend, a valued comrade, and a hero for the cause. His service to the Word and to humanity as a whole should be a beacon to all who know that sometimes, one must make sacrifices even greater than death to bring about enlightenment and peace.
<Euphonium>: "Sacrifices even greater than death" - what does that entail?
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Apollyon's sacrifices went beyond the mere death of flesh. For you, the people of the Inner Sphere, he gave his soul, and the souls of his people.
<Euphonium>: So Apollyon's soul was not immortal? Hmmm.....
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - No soul is immortal.
<Euphonium>: I guess I'll just have to disagree with you there.
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Your right is to disagree, of course.

<Steelfang>: Damned !, now I'm in the right place. What I miss?
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: Steelfang the truth about everything was revealed. And then we were sworn to never ever talk about it

<Euphonium>: So you have plans in place to defeat Devil In Stone's coalition then? How much of a set-back was losing Terra?
<TheMaster>: Euphorium - The plans to destroy Devlin Stone are well underway. The defilers of Terra will face many challenges indeed if they are to hold onto their prize!
<MasonLight>: @Master -- Funny, I think Stone would say the same thing about you. He's coming to get you, you know.
<TheMaster>: MasonLight - Let Stone come. We are ready for him.

<MasonLight>: @ Habeas2: How is the 3039 unabridged record sheets product coming along? Will it be released this year?
<blazingsky2>: I thought that had already been released, it was just pulled back for corrections?
<Habeas2>: MasonLight - We'll see.
<blazingsky2>: Before the sun goes dark then?

<Steelfang>: Wars of Reaving. Will it be ready for GenCOn, even as a PDF?
<Habeas2>: Steelfang - I'm not telling.
<Steelfang>:  >:(

<MechwarriorHermes>: Master, we love the new Ferro-Lamellor armor your minions developed under the guise of Clan Snow Raven. When might we see some glorious Blake designs fielded that take advantage of this marvelous technology?
<TheMaster>: MechWarriorHermes - Ferro-What?

<Steelfang>: Master, you should have killed Devlin Stone when you captured him ose salong with the rest of Expatriates and Counter-Reformers. Surely he belongs to one of those sects.

<blazingsky2>: Master, I have a question. It seems like the end of the Jihad turned into the Word's efforts to play ding dong ditch with the Sphere, and less about letting them receive the Holy Light of Blake
<blazingsky2>: why is that?
<TheMaster>: Blazingsky - All will be revealed in the fullness of time.

<Euphonium>: Do Kerensky's Clans have a place in the new universal order? If so, what is it?
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - And as to Kerensky's Clans and their place... That has become decidedly unclear in recent days, I must admit. They will change, to be most certain. But they may not ascend....

<MechwarriorHermes>: Master, we want to give you our souls too! But the warships full of souls that we sent to the location you specified have all been destroyed in some violation of the space time continuum! How shall we join you now?
<TheMaster>: MechWarriorHermes - I recommend turning off life support and waiting in deep space for our rescue teams.
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: MechWarriorHermes - Worked for me too
<MechwarriorHermes>: Master, I sense your distrust. The rumors that I am a Trueborn Clan warrior working for the Watch are false! Like you, I am dezgra! How may your followers serve you next?
<TheMaster>: MechWarriorHermes - To serve me next? Invade Terra. That's always good for a laugh.

<Euphonium>: For those of us not fully conversant with Blake's Word, what guidance can you offer?
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Seek a path of greatness beyond what the Frail House Lords offer, and fear not the barbarism of the Clans' ideal. Might does NOT always make right, be you a Khan or a Duke. When your BattleMechs march once more into the fires of war--in the name of all that you love and all that you think you believe--KNOW THE REASON YOU FIGHT!
<Euphonium>: Thankyou. I gave up the fighting-for-money thing back in the late '50s, and just do the fight-to-defend-my-kin stuff now. On which note, I'm really looking forward to your new golden age of peace.

<blazingsky2>: Will TRO: Prototypes start a trend of each unit in the TRO having quirks, or was it a one off? I like the concept
<Habeas2>: Blazingsky - Yes
<blazingsky2>: Any hope of quirks for older units, or will we have to make do with our own lists?
<blazingsky2>: Beyond the obsolete quirk anyway >.>
<Habeas2>: Blazingsky - Yes, there's hope.

<MasonLight>: So, Thom, do you think Janos would be proud of the way you've wrecked the inner sphere?
<TheMaster>: MasonLight - It is hard to speculate on what the dead remnants of an obsolete order would say to those who have attained the wisdom of the Blessed Blake and the realization that the currents of history itself can be harnessed.
<MasonLight>: Nah. I think you'd be in for a spanking.

<blazingsky2>: I fight for cookies, really.
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: blazingsky2 who doesn't?
<blazingsky2>: Since I've gotten my mother's recipe for home made oreos, I've been fighting to keep them a lot :D
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: Blazingsky2 I challenge you to a trial of possession

<Euphonium>: Have you ever met the other Thomas Marik face-to-face?
<MasonLight>: You mean half face to have face, don't you?
<MasonLight>: *half face to half face.
<MasonLight>: Sheesh.
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - The "other Thomas Marik"? You mean [static]? The one I entrusted with the reins of power on Atreus to bring a new era of stability and enlightenment to my former realm?
<Euphonium>: That's the one. Oh, and can you clean up that static a bit, please?
<blazingsky2>: Ah, so the false Thomas' real name is Static? This may explain some things
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Yes, I have met him. Taught him most everything he knows, in fact.
<Habeas2>: Sorry for the statc, folks. Bouncing signals and all that....
<Euphonium>: How do you feel about how he turned out?
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: Master, there was a lot of static in your last transmission, please repeat.
<TheMaster>: Euphonium - Not too bad, actually. Heh.
<Euphonium>: I'm afraid I have to depart now - duty calls. Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.
<TheMaster>: StarCaptainDanielDevalis - I said "Not too bad, actually."

<MasonLight>: @Master -- How do you feel about the romance between Isis and Victor Davion? Are you a proud papa?
<TheMaster>: MasonLight - *sigh* That poor girl could have done so much better, but what's a father to do when raising children via remote?

<Habeas2>: I should note for those joining us late: This is an in-characteer chat with the Word of Blake Master... And it's not being officially logged. We have 40 minutes to go.

<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Master - Can you tell if there are any of my bethren are still alive?
<TheMaster>: Adept Kingsl - Most definitely.
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Master - Excellent I will rejoin them as soon as possible, I even might be needing some new blessings of Blake

<MasonLight>: @ Adept Kingsl -- yeah, I made my morning toast in one today. .. .
<TheMaster>: Oh, joy! A toaster joke. Never heard one of THOSE before *rolls eyes*
<MasonLight>: Should have thought of that before you started turning people into deficient cyborgs then. :)
<blazingsky2>: So the Talkie Toaster is the ultimate expression of Blake's will?
<TheMaster>: Blazingsky2 - Hah. Hah.

<blazingsky2>: I can't remember if this has been asked before, but will we get an Era Report that doesn't present certain characters as looking sometimes decades older than their actual age? Amusing as it is, it's hard to get a decent picture of personalities when they have such poor publicists.
<Habeas2>: Blazingsky2 - Nope. We prefer letting the artists do whatever the heck they want with the images of various personalities.
<blazingsky2>: Ah good. So someone stuffed Sun-Tzu into a time machine for each of his pictures? It all makes sense

<Cavalier>: So, what exactly were the Transfers supposed to be? Or was that all just made up on the fly as plans changed?
<TheMaster>: Cavalier - An EXCELLENT question! The currents of history and the wisdom of the Blessed Blake revealed to me that there would be three transfers of power at the heart of the Inner Sphere before the Word would ascend and a new age of peace would begin after the catalyst of a great war. I merely misguessed at first WHICH power transfers were, in fact, the Three
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Master - And now the conspiracy theorists will rotate again *eg*
<TheMaster>: Adept Kingsl - MOST definitely. };)

<Habeas2>: (I see people keep missing that exclamation point...)
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: Your recent link in the forums lacked the ! when you click on it
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: you need to put it into bb-code for it to work
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: obviously they can't read and miss where you tell them that they need it
<Habeas2>: I know. I can't seem to get that exclamation point to be recognized. That's why I always add the "MUST INCLUDE THE EXCLAMATION POINT!" note
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: I send you a PM with the correct BB code for it to work a while ago
<Cavalier>: It does work if you dress the URL inside another word.
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: If you want, I can resend it to you, so you can simply copy it
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: Battlechat
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: that would work
<Cavalier>: I would speculate the board software just doesn't recognize to include the ! in the URL unless specifically told to.
<Habeas2>: The code doesn't seem to always work where I'd like it to, SCDD. For example, on the BattleCorps forums, it seems the codes just don't work at all.
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: In some boards you have to put the actual URL into ", it would have to look like that: Battlechat

<Habeas2>: 30 minutes folks, then I think the Master may need to plug something in to recharge...

<blazingsky2>: Was the Fist and the Falcon starterbook well received? I enjoyed it, but I seem to have been the only one in my group who did. Though their complaint may have been that it was yet another "Lyran" book
<Habeas2>: BlazingSky2 - Not as well as hoped, no.

<MasonLight>: So, what is the nature of the connection between Clan Wolverine and the Word of Blake? Was Uncle Chandy's information correct?
<TheMaster>: MasonLight - Oh, heck no! I can't even imagine where Chandrasekhar Kurita even came UP with that garbage!
<MasonLight>: *facepalm*

<Cavalier>: So, who's your least favorite person now? Victor Steiner-Davion, Devlin Stone, Titus Cameron-Jones, Cameron St. Jamais?
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Cavalier - wrong universe even though a touch of the Mechanicum would be nice
<Cavalier>: Or maybe you need to sacrifice to the machine-spirit.
<TheMaster>: Cavalier - Are those my only choices?

<Cavalier>: Well, I suppose there's Acolyte Simonson, who always brings the wrong coffee... But by all means, other options are quite welcome.
<TheMaster>: Cavalier - In that case, I pick.... [static], that insufferable bastard...
<Fletchi18>: So you can create legions of half man half robot people but you can't make a decent antenna?
<TheMaster>: Fletchi18 - If you're good at something, never give it up for free!

<MechwarriorHermes>: Master, my Manei Domini implants sometimes malfunction. Is there a way for the doctors to shut them down remotely?
<MasonLight>: If they stay active for more than 4 hours, get them to a licensed repair technician immediately.
<TheMaster>: MechWarriorHermes - Oh, most certainly! >:)
<TheMaster>: MasonLight - That's a good one! Certainly a joke a man of my age can relate to!

<Lance>: TheMaster - has the Avalon-class warship been to your liking? And do you wish for more?
<TheMaster>: Lance - Oh, that's *sick*! I like it!

<Habeas2>: 20 minutes.

<firesky>: blazingsky again. I hate my roommate. Why is he raiding in wow at 1 pm?
<TheMaster>: Firesky - There's a raid going on? Where?
StarCaptainDanielDevalis waves his hand. "This isn't the raid you are looking for"
<TheMaster>: StarCaptainDanielDevalis - Seriously? You think THAT'S gonna work here?
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: worth a try ;)
<TheMaster>: Uh-huh
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Master & SCDD - Not for a Clanner anyway...

<TheMaster>: Have they gone to sleep?

<Hersh67>: If I've learned one thing about the Master today, it's that he has a sense of humor. It'd be a shame to waste that, but, given all the other planets he's wasted, well... You got to do what you got to do.
Habeas2 shrugs

<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Master - You head anything about Eligos or a guy named Lucifer?
<TheMaster>: Adept Kingsl - Lucifer will not be a problem. As for Eligos, he is in transit at present.
<PoltergeistAdeptTauJack_Kingsl>: Master - Ah, excellent. BTW: What was for dinner the day Zeta got destroyed on Mars?
<TheMaster>: Adept Kingsl - Veal.

<Hersh67>: Herb, I saw in Age of War a mech listed as the "Hector" built by the FWL. The MUL doesn't show it nor does Sarna.net. Any idea where I can find this gem?
<Habeas2>: Hersh67 - XTR Primitives, Volume 3
<Hersh67>: Um, that's not out yet, right?
<Habeas2>: Hersh67 - Then I suppose you're waiting?
<Hersh67>: I suppose so. Yo wouldn't happen to know what it's tonage is, would you?
<Habeas2>: Hersh67 - Nope
<Habeas2>: Oh, correction, Primitives Volume 4!
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: There is a Record Sheet and everything else needed for the Hector in ED AoW...
<Hersh67>: ED AoW?
<Hersh67>: Oops. Era Digest.
<Klep>: Era Digest: Age of War
<Hersh67>: ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! It was there all along!!!
<TheMaster>: Habeas2 - Hahaha! You would have made him wait for months to find that out, huh?
<Habeas2>: TheMaster - Well, yeah....
<StarCaptainDanielDevalis>: Herb likes screwing with the minds of the fans :D
<Hersh67>: Yep. And I made it easy for him this time.
<Habeas2>: Hersh67 - Yes. Yes you did.

<Habeas2>: 7 minutes....

<Klep>: so what is a day in the life of The Master like?
<TheMaster>: Klep - Oh, mostly, I spend my morning taking in the news feeds from around the Inner Sphere, play a few online games, plot strategies, give orders to my troops, and direct an interstellar war effort while simultaneously whispering secrets and lies into the ears of various captains of industry, mass media outlets, and government rulers....
<TheMaster>: Klep - ...and of course, I do all of this at once, usually between meals and rechargings--all for the betterment of mankind, by harnessing the currents of history.

<Cavalier>: Did we ever find out what happened to William Blane? Retirement to a golf-condo in Florida, or an unmarked grave?
<TheMaster>: Cavalier - Spaced over Tharkad.

<MechwarriorHermes>: Master, the Manei Domini in my unit like to wear makeup and dresses. Do you like to do that too? I especially like purple fingernail polish for my concealed talons.
<TheMaster>: MechWarriorHermes - I'm not listening!

<Hersh67>: Well Master, I'm looking forward to the day you die.

<Habeas2>: Anyway, it's about time to bid the Master adieu for this morning/afternoon's chat!
<TheMaster>: It is?
<Habeas2>: Yes. Recharging, remember?
<TheMaster>: Bah. So inconvenient!
<Habeas2>: Remember, the second chat of the day is scheduled for 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific, in this same channel
<Hersh67>: Wonder if we can get the Nekekami to short out the transformer.
<MechwarriorHermes>: On the malfunctioning implants: my integral Viagra dispenser always goes into overdrive when I walk into the kitchen, where the toaster is located. The techs say this is factory loaded and cannot be fixed. Was this your idea?
<Fletchi18>: Thank you for the chat Mr. TheMaster.
<TheMaster>: MechWarriorHermes - If you WERE one of mine, I would Apollyon's Key your ass so fast, I swear....
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Frabby

• Major
Re: In-Game BattleChat with The Master (and partial transcript!)
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2011, 12:43:24 »
<Cavalier>: Did we ever find out what happened to William Blane? Retirement to a golf-condo in Florida, or an unmarked grave?
<TheMaster>: Cavalier - Spaced over Tharkad.
...so just how reliable and canon is an "IC chat" on continuity matters? Because if I can make it to the second one I may have a couple of questions.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #4 on: 10 July 2011, 12:45:36 »
Well, everything is mixed with a bit of propaganda from The Master ;)

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Dread Moores

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 10 July 2011, 12:46:07 »
So...do folks not understand what in-character means? Why exactly show up for an in-character chat to ask product questions?

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #6 on: 10 July 2011, 12:47:29 »
Herb answered them, so it seems they are okay.
Would be strange, if they would have been overwhelming in numbers, but most was still in character, mixed with a bit of fooling around ;)

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #7 on: 10 July 2011, 12:55:38 »
...so just how reliable and canon is an "IC chat" on continuity matters? Because if I can make it to the second one I may have a couple of questions.

I don't know about this one specifically, but previous in-character chats have been explicitly stated to be non-canon. That doesn't necessarily mean some of the things said within them aren't true from a canon perspective, but they cannot be relied upon to be so.

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
  • Ah yes, the rabble and their "Medium Mechs"
« Reply #8 on: 10 July 2011, 12:56:47 »
Herb answered them, so it seems they are okay.
Would be strange, if they would have been overwhelming in numbers, but most was still in character, mixed with a bit of fooling around ;)

You cut my "Why I fight" response. Oh you just moved it around. And the product questions from me were on stuff my group uses. That and what I didn't like out of the Fist and the Falcon, though my roomie raiding the Firelands in wow killed my connection, so I never got to posit my followup.
I don't post to play nice with everyone. I post to posit my ideas. If this offends you, there's an ignore function.
I knew this day would come! The day of the stapler men has arrived!

John_Hawk

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 11 July 2011, 07:49:14 »
Did anyone get a capture of the 2nd chat?  Did the Master reveal his hair care secrets?  Inquiring minds want to know!

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #10 on: 11 July 2011, 08:50:05 »
The second one was to late for me, due to the delay, so I have no log this time.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 11 July 2011, 09:06:19 »
Same here. I had even prepared a couple of questions, but alas, the chat was scheduled to start 2 AM local time for me and after some 90 minutes I had to go to bed. Mondays are full of work.
 :(
If/when I can make it to another chat I'll see if I can post the questions there...
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #12 on: 11 July 2011, 13:25:46 »
Hello,

Unfortunately, due to some errands I was running on behalf of my father (who is presently hospitalized), I was quite late in getting to the chat. I apologize for the inconvenience, and the resulting loss in logging.

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas
  BattleTech
  Catalyst Game Labs

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #13 on: 11 July 2011, 13:41:27 »
Hello,

Unfortunately, due to some errands I was running on behalf of my father (who is presently hospitalized), I was quite late in getting to the chat. I apologize for the inconvenience, and the resulting loss in logging.

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas
  BattleTech
  Catalyst Game Labs

That's quite alright and the reasons are more than understandable.
Sometimes you have to set priorities and in this case, your priorities were totally correct.

John_Hawk

• Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 11 July 2011, 13:48:04 »
Herb,

It was good to talk to you at noon (I was Mason Light).  It would have been neat to see more witty Master banter from the evening chat, but I'm with DarkISI.  Priorities have to be set, and in my world, family also comes first.

Best wishes to your Dad!

--John

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 11 July 2011, 15:34:34 »
Priorities have to be set, and in my world, family also comes first.
+1

Hersh67

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 11 July 2011, 16:23:27 »
One thing I still want to know, *WHO* played The Master???  Yes, it's still bugging me.

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #17 on: 11 July 2011, 16:48:07 »
I'm pretty sure it was Herb. He didn't show up till Herb did, and when Herb left, the master stopped responding.
Maker of big things.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #18 on: 11 July 2011, 17:45:21 »
Hello,

At the end of the chat, TheMaster was mentioning that he'd received a warning about losing connection, and left before I did. I got booted off the server a few minutes later, though I had no idea that was supposed to affect me at the time.

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas
  BattleTech
  Catalyst Game Labs

Colonel Shadow

• Recruit
« Reply #19 on: 11 July 2011, 18:47:12 »
that was a fun chat, wish I remembered it on time.  I was Colonel Specter in it.  ;D I wish there was a transcript for the second one, oh well

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
« Reply #20 on: 11 July 2011, 19:55:08 »
Got a partial transcript for the second chat.  Got all mixed up at the end sorry.  Perhaps someone can help sort it.

+++ ChanServ has given op to Habeas2
+++ ChanServ has given admin to Habeas2
<Habeas2>: Woops!
<xtrahmxwohld>: oversleep?
<Habeas2>: Running errands
<megatrons2nd>: you missed me
<megatrons2nd>: I still made it
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: Allo, Herb. Allo, Blakist scum.
<Habeas2>: Just
 to let everyone know: To make up for my oversight, tonight's chat will
run for two hours! I apologize for this inconvenience.
<TheMaster>: Hey, what's up. Can you belive I got a busy signal on the super-HPG here?
<Cavalier>: Announcing that on the CBT board? Might draw in some of the people who left earlier.
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: @Herb: Hex Pack: Cities and Roads is great. Can't wait for the next one.
<xtrahmxwohld>: what is the next Hex Pack? Has that been decided?
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: @TheMaster: Serves you right.
<Habeas2>: There. Announcement posted in all of the usual spots...
<Habeas2>: Ok, NOW in the usual spots
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: @xtrahmxwohld: I thought it was Hills and Trees or something like that...
<Habeas2>: So,
 let's just presume I already gave all of the usual usual spliel about
being nice, being courteous, reminding you that I can kick/ban you from
the channel, and all of that business
<Habeas2>: This is a special live in-characetr chat featuring the Word of Blake Master and myself.
<Habeas2>: Ask your questions; neither of us are afraid.
<TheMaster>: Speak for yourself. The weight of history itself bears down upon me.
<Cavalier>: Biggest regret about the Jihad? For both of you.
<megatrons2nd>: What goodies does the WoB have for my precious LAM's?
<Habeas2>: Once
 again, I apologize for the dela, but I was running errands for my
father, who is currently in the hospital, and I lost track of time.
<megatrons2nd>: family first Herb
<xtrahmxwohld>: how's your Dad doing?
<Habeas2>: Xtrahmxwohld - The next planned Hex Pack is Mountains and Canyons
<Sarcasmo>: What has TheMaster been up during the Jihad?
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: I was close...
<Orin>: Congrats on TRO: Prototypes. Do you start planning the next TRO straight away, or do you get a few months off?
<TheMaster>: Cavalier
 - I regret nothing about the Jihad--save maybe for the fact that I
failed to properly determine which Transfers were supposed to bring
about the new age until much later.
<Orin>: (off from TROs, not from work
<Habeas2>: Cavalier - I mainly regret not being allowed to kill Victor Steiner-Davion in the opening volleys.
<TheMaster>: Megatrons2nd
 - Sadly, what LAM technologies we were returning to production were
destroyed by Stone and his coalition when they seized Terra--and by the
Regulans when they demonstrated less than optimal restraint during their
 Gibson counterattack.
<Habeas2>: Xtramxwohld
 - My father is presently bedridden, and facing the prospect of surgery
in the very near future to restore blood flow in his legs.
<Orin>: TheMaster: Do you know Stone's original identity?
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - What have I been up to? Who do you think has been directing the whole thing?
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - Wait; that's too presumptuous of me. Of course, I haven't directed the WHOLE thing; I had plenty of help.
<megatrons2nd>: Dang I was hoping to defect and become a LAM pilot for the order.
<MajorTom>: Master:
 its understood that your army was initially aimed at the Clanners
before Steiner, Davion, and Laio ruined it for all of us. Any other
plans up your sleeve to rid the Sphere of them?
<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster: I thought that was left to your minions while you followed "other" pursuits..
<Charlie_Tango>: To TheMaster: In your words, what were the different Transfers (First Transfer, Second Transfer, etc.)?
<Habeas2>: Orin - I've already outlined and identified the designs going into the next TRO. I will need to start making the designs soon.
<TheMaster>: Orin - Stone's original identity is irrelevant to me.
<megatrons2nd>: Herb is there any plans for fan submissions aside those from Battlecorp
<TheMaster>: Megatrons2nd - Well, if Cameron hadn't gone and squandered the finished products in his lazy defense of Terra, you might have.
<Orin>: Herb: Do you use any special tools when doing designs, or straight up pen and paper development?
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: TheMaster:
 Is it true that the failure of the second Star League was actually a
WoB manipulation in order to give you all an excuse to run rampant over
the armies in the Inner Sphere?
<TheMaster>: MajorTom
 - At this time, the role I was destined to play in the dawning of the
next age of enlightenment is passing; it will be for others to deal with
 the lingering threat of the Clans, before they bring darkness to all.
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo
 - Once the righteous war began, the time for my other projects fell to
others instead. Would that I could have cloned myself to ensure all went
 as it should, but alas, I am but one of many pawns to history.
<Orin>: TheMaster: Where do you see the Inner Sphere in 100 years time?
<TheMaster>: Charlie_Tango
 - An excellent question, but I have learned not to broadcast my
thoughts until the proper time. This is not yet that time. My sincere
apologies.
<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster: did you forsee someone like stone uniting the Sphere against you?
<Habeas2>: Megatrons2nd - Fan submissions? Directly into sourcebooks? No, not at this time
<Orin>: What year is this chat occurring?
<Habeas2>: Orin - Most of it is straight pen and papaer, leaving BV computations to others
<Terminax>: The Master: Did Alfirk or any other of the deep periphery play roles in the Jihad?
<Orin>: (the IC part)
<TheMaster>: Azakael - Not even remotely.
<megatrons2nd>: I thought some battlecorp submissions got used from a contest, was I mistaken?
<Charlie_Tango>: To
 Herb:   Right now, TRO3067 is the big gap in the availability of TROs
and Records Sheets,  and also in the MUL.  Do TPTB have plans to resolve
 this gap in the near term or is that a much more future project.?
<TheMaster>: Orin
 - I would hope that the Inner Sphere 100 years hence will be enjoying
the hard-won fruits of all of its suffering, a new Age of Enlightenment,
 greater than even the original Star League brought to us. I can only
hope our efforts were enough to stem the darkness that was to come
otherwise.
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - Yes. Yes, I most certainly did.
<Habeas2>: Orin - If I had to fix a year, judging by the Master's discussion, I'd say... 3080-ish.
<megatrons2nd>: is stone really a WoB plant?
<Habeas2>: Megatrons2nd - Erm, which submissions? WHich contest?
<Habeas2>: Charlie_Tango - Yes.
<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster: So Stone is a WoB plant used to direct the Sphere and was your true goal (and success!) of The Master!
<Habeas2>: Megatrons2nd - No.
<TheMaster>: Megatrons2nd - I think he was asking me there, Beas!
<Habeas2>: Master - Ooops. Sorry.
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - Read my text: Stone is NOT one of mine!
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: Yeah, stone prefers waffles for breakfast, not toast.
<Orin>: TheMaster: Of course you're so cunning that you'd have to say that Stone wasn't one of yours even if he was
<megatrons2nd>: just prior to 3085 and some of the designs turned in were remarkably similar to the old is the new new section
<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster is wise
<TheMaster>: (Seriously! Next, they'll be saying we're harboring sentient aliens in the North American desert or something!)
<MajorTom>: The truth is out there!
<megatrons2nd>: No we were transfered to Indiana
<TheMaster>: Orin - Now you're not making any sense at all...
<Sarcasmo>: Space Chickens?
<TheMaster>: Habeas2 - Are they always like this?
<Habeas2>: TheMaster - Yyyyeah. Sometimes.
<Charlie_Tango>: TheMaster:
 When recruiting those who became your Manei Domeni, your Had,  what did
 you promise them to get them to give up their humanity and become more
machine than man, twisted and evil?
<Habeas2>: Did I catch up on everyone's questions here?
<JoeChummer>: Hello, all
<Sarcasmo>: Habeas2 What plans do you have for "modifying" the dark age setting
 - "Evil" is such a subjective term. I recall there were times when the
Capellans were "evil", when the Periphery was "evil", when eating red
meat on Fridays was "evil"... Keep your delusions of "good" and "evil".
The Domini were promised nothing more or less than what they received...
<Habeas2>: Habeas2 - Aside from using the standard BattleTech rules in said setting? Nothing more than is absolutely necessary.
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: Capellans are still evil...
<TheMaster>: Habeas2 - I was still talking here!
<Habeas2>: TheMaster - Okay, okay! Keep your circuits cool!
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: ... but their c-bills are good.
<megatrons2nd>: How dothe  triped super heavy Mechs walk?  Balance looks precarious at best so any real speed looks almost impossible
 - To answer your question, the Domini were given the means best suited
to them to keep back the darkness that history was guiding mankind
toward, the means to guide mankind to a new Age of Enlightenment.
<Sarcasmo>: how prevalent is the former Clan Wolverine in the WoB?
<Habeas2>: Megatrrons2nd - We've yet to publish those game rules, but one thing is very likely: "speed" is not the Colossals' strong suit.
<JoeChummer>: Herb: Was Nicholas Kerensky prescient?
<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster was your plan at first for your Domini really to free the Inner Sphere from the evil of the clans?
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - Not one bit. Kurita LIED to you!
<Habeas2>: JoeChummer - Prescient?
<Sarcasmo>: Then how do you explain Wolverine WarShips in your TO&E?
<JoeChummer>: I
 was looking through TW, and the section on pg 35 from Nicky K's
"papers" mentions OmniMechs and Elementals, neither of which had been
invented before his death.
<TheMaster>: ColonelSpector - Yes
<megatrons2nd>: Do the WoB ever use Protomechs?  The Implants used be the Domini could theoretically be used to pilot a Protomech or similar
<Sarcasmo>: JoeChummer-if your read the whole bit in TechManual Phelan discusses the Clans editing his work
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - Prove that we HAVE Wolverine WarShips in our fleet!
<JoeChummer>: So
 the whole "Each MechWarrior shall form a Point. In the absence of an
OmniMech..." bit is just Nicholas being deconstructed by bad Clan
editors?
<ColonelSpecter>: Then
 why not tell the Inner Sphere that would be your gift to them if they
didn't disband the Star League instead of trying to kill them all?
<Habeas2>: JoeChummer - Let me look that up.
<Habeas2>: JoeChummer - Or, um, what Sarcasmo said there
<TheMaster>: Megatrons2nd - We looked into it...
<Sarcasmo>: So if there is no WoB-Wolverine connection, who populates the hidden worlds?
<Cavalier>: So,
 anything to say to critics in the former FWL who allege cybernetics
destroy humanity, and point to yourself and your ancestor Gerald as
proof?
<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter
 - Consider for a moment, the following "factions" that were part of the
 Second Star league: Clan Wolf in Exile, Clan Nova Cat, Wolf's Dragoons.
 Notice something there?
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo
 - Who are you going to put your faith in? A Kuritan scion known for
hedonism in a realm of austerity and brutal social controls, or the
guardians of communications, who revealed many secrets to you even the
secularized ComStar conveniently left off the books?
  At times during the Jihad, it seemed as if the Word of Blake forecaes
and the Manei Domeni forces were uncoordimnated,  or even working at
cross purposes.  This even erupted into open warfare at times near the
end.  Was  this just mere internal dissention or a power struggle over
the leadership between St Jamais and Apollyon?
<JoeChummer>: TheMaster: Is it true that if you recruit enough members into the Word of Blake that you will receive a free toaster?
<TheMaster>: Cavalier - In the ancient words of a popular folk singer in the early 21st century: "Haters gonna hate".
<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster, I'm asking, if Uncle Chandy lied, who is on the Hidden Worlds? or are you saying that there are NO hidden worlds?
<ColonelSpecter>: Yes,
 but look at who else was there that voted to disband, House Steiner who
 lost lots of valuable worlds to the evil that are the clans, and if I
remember correctly one vote would have made the difference
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: The Master: How does the WoB justify shattering the Ares conventions and murdering civilians?
<Orin>: TheMaster: What do you do during your down time? Write soulful poetry? Do you have a cat? Is there a special person in your life?
 - Short answer: A certain someone misunderstood the very simple orders
I'd sent him and started acting as though he knew better than a true
student of history, who spent DECADES analyzing human progress and how
best to achieve Enlightenment.
<TheMaster>: JoeChummer - That one's not even clever enough to dignify with an angry retort.
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - Why, whatever hidden worlds might you be referring to?

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
« Reply #21 on: 11 July 2011, 19:56:04 »
And the rest...

<TheMaster>: Azakael - Why, whatever Ares Conventions are you referring to?
<TheMaster>: Orin - I have no downtime!
<Habeas2>: Amen, brother! Preach it!
<Sarcasmo>: Well played master, well played
 Were any of the technologies or weapons (biological or otherwise) used
by the Word of Blake developed by scientists (or the descendants
thereof) kidnapped by Comstar during the various incarnations of
Operation Holy Shroud duirng the Succession Wars era?
<Orin>: TheMaster:
 Would things have worked out better if Primus Waterley hadn't made such
 a mess by appointing Focht as Precentor Martial - with ComStar
remaining united. Or was ComStar's secular nature inimical to your
goals?
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: You know, the ones that banned the use of WMD and orbital bombardment.
<Orin>: TheMaster: What was your overall aim in pursuing the Jihad. At what point did it become clear that aim could not be achieved?
<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster: Boxers, briefs or aluminum foil?
<TheMaster>: Charlie_Tango - ....Maybe
<TheMaster>: Orin - Secular ComStar was merely the chaff we shed when preparing for the Third Transfer.
<TheMaster>: Azakael - You mean the ones that were suspended and never re-enacted when the First Star league formed?
<TheMaster>: Orin - What makes you think our ends were not acheived?
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: The modern day equivalent of the ancient Terran idea of the Geneva conventions?
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - That's a very private and inappropriate question! Habeas2, do they ask YOU stuff like this?
<TheMaster>: Azakael
 - No such international law was ever re-enacted since the formation of
the original Star League and the start of the Reunification War. Don't
you read history?
<Habeas2>: Habeas2 - Um... Not to my recollection. Guess you're special.
<Habeas2>: Ahahah! I said that to myself!
<Sarcasmo>: Sorry
<Orin>: TheMaster: You've reached your 90th Birthday. Any thoughts of retirement?
<TheMaster>: No wonder your universe is going to Hades in a knapsack.
<TheMaster>: Orin - Oh, every day, my child. Every. Day.
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: I expect to see him retired the same way he had the Wolf retired...
<Charlie_Tango>: TheMaster: Did you find the relationship between St. Jamais and the madwoman Kali Liao as disgusting as the rest of us did?
<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster: whats the deal between Cameron and Apollyon?
<Terminax>: The Master: So who really founded the Umayyad Caliphate?
<Orin>: TheMaster:
 At what point did you start influencing policy - were you active prior
to the split with ComStar, did you help initiate the split with ComStar?
<TheMaster>: Charlie_Tango - Moreso!
<Hersh67>: Wow.  There are some things even the Master wouldn't stoop to.  Good to know.
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - It's a terrible thing when children fight. At least Apollyon understood his duty and when to accept his fate, though!
<JoeChummer>: What exactly IS the Third Transfer, anyway?
<Sarcasmo>: Was Apollyon on Gibson during its...cleansing?
<TheMaster>: Terminax - You know, we never cared to find out once we were sure they weren't Clans.
<TheMaster>: Orin - Longer than you may wish to imagine...
<WolfLancer4>: howdy folks
<Hersh67>: Master, I've got some C-bills on the idea that the Caliphate were part of the not-named.
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: TheMaster:
 I'm afraid that my history is a little fuzzy on the lack of reinstament
 of the Ares conventions. Could you point me to when they were
suspended? (OOC: I.E. What book was that found in?)
<Klep>: TheMaster: have you always had your vision, or was it something that came to you after joining the Order?
<TheMaster>: JoeChummer - The Third Transfer is upon us, any time now, when a new soverign is recognized as the ruler of Blessed Terra.
<Orin>: TheMaster: At what point did your puppet in the FWL cut his strings?
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - yes.
<TheMaster>: WolfLancer4 - Hi there.
<TheMaster>: Hersh67 - All things considered, I'm not really interested in taking you up on your bet.
 Were the plans by the pre-schism members of Word of Blake within
Comstar to destroy the Clans underway before they invaded/revealed
themselves to the Inner Sphere?
<Hersh67>: So, Devlin Stone is the third transfer?  That's disappointing.
<JoeChummer>: Wasn't Word of Blake the most recent sovereign ruler of Blessed Terra?
<Habeas2>: Azakael
 - The recently published Historical: Reunification War is the latest
source to confirm the Ares Conventions were never brought back. Numerous
 other sources have pointed this out as well.
<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster: how did you get away from Gibson?
<ColonelSpecter>: what were the first two transfers?
<TheMaster>: Klep - My eyes were opened by the Order, in more ways than one.
<TheMaster>: Orin - What makes you so certain he ever did?
<Terminax>: Well if you don't know what the Umayyads are, then what showed that they weren't Clans...
<TheMaster>: Charlie_Tango - At the time, no. Many within the Order felt the Clans could be manipulated instead.
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - I left long before the Regulans showed up.
 A number of smaller mercenary bands did not report back to their hiring
 halls after their assignments (possibly) working for the Word of Blake
during the pre-Jihad years.  Did these forces form the core of the
"enlightened" as Manei Domenii, or even the Word of Blake Militias, and
does that help explain the rapid expansion of Word of Blake forces?
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: Habeas2: Ahh... if I recall, Reunification War is not in dead-tree format yet?
<TheMaster>: Charlie_Tango - Few of those who joined our cause from the mercenary ranks ascended to the status of Domini. They simply lacked the resolve and the strength of character required of my elite.<Orin>: TheMaster: How long have the Domini existed - are they recent, or have they always been with the Inner Sphere?<Hersh67>: Besides, you see one toaster, you've seen them all...<Habeas2>: Azakael - Well, you could look in about any House Handbook, I think. As well as the FM: Mercs, Revised, if you have it...<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: How often do you have to change your oil? and what kind do you use?<Klep>: TheMaster: what amount of cybernetic enhancement is required for you to no longer consider someone a frail?<TheMaster>: Orin - The Domini have existed since shortly before the event you call the Schism.<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - Did you have a relevant question to ask?<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: Habeas2: Funny, I just had that out the other night too...*** AndChat| is now known as xtrahmxwohld<Terminax>: The Master: Did Waterly know of the Domini?<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: I'm gonna go with no, I lead with my best, and now I'm using the rest<TheMaster>: Klep - Becoming Domini is more than mere cyberware. Indeed, at least three Domini I am aware of now operate with little to no significant technological augments to speak of. It takes true will and strength of conviction to become Domini, a will so great you will sacrifice your very flesh, your very blood, and your very soul to do what must be done<Orin>: TheMaster: It has been hypothesized that it might be possible to disrupt all HPGs in an area using a blackout technology and that this technology was developed by the Word. If so, why did you not choose to use this during the Jihad. If you are unaware of this technology, would you have used it?<TheMaster>: Orin - There are few greater dangers to mankind than trifling with the essence of hyperspace. Even if such fanciful technologies were developed, the cost to civilization as a whole would be immeasurable.<Orin>: TheMaster: Did you cause the Second Star League to dissolve itself? <ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: what ever happened to the other special vehicles that were made for the Domini? we only saw the one<TheMaster>: Orin - I already answered that one.<TheMaster>: ColonelSpector - The others were never completed.<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: Orin: He claims they didn't.<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster: How many of your units are hiding in the periphery?<Hersh67>: Orin, he said that went against his plan.<Orin>: thanks, I just scrolled back up<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: How much of my soul do I have to sell to get a Striga Dominus?<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - I'll let YOU figure that one!<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: or maybe one of those Lams I've heard rumors about?<Orin>: TheMaster: Is the Inner Sphere constrained by a fate, or is its destiny essentially random? Was the course you charted for it guided by revelation - if so what was the genesis of that revelation? <TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - All of it.<Sarcasmo>: TheMasternce a politician, always a politician...<Sarcasmo>: *Once a ...<Hersh67>: Master, did you approve the idea of using CBR in the Jihad or was that the result of 'creative interpretation' on the part of subordinants?<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: whats the wait time on one of those?<TheMaster>: Orin - "Fate" as you call it can be harnessed once you know what you're up against, but changing the momentum of history in radical new ways requires radical new approaches.<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster: Sounds very ...communinist ...<TheMaster>: Hersh67 - CB Radio is an option anyone can try, though we prefer more secure communications frequencies and equipment...<Orin>: TheMaster: Were you inspired to change the momentum of history? What did you foresee that necessitated such a change?<Hersh67>: CBR - Chemical, Biological, Radiological.<Sarcasmo>: Breaker, breaker...<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - About as long as it takes us to find you, modify you, re-orient you, and find a ride for you.<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: eh, not fast enough, I'll just go find one to steal<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - Did you prefer the totalitarianism of archaic neo-feudal societies with artificially-imposed mono-culturalism, who believe the best way to salve their leaders' bruised egos was to invade several unsuspecting worlds?<TheMaster>: Hersh67 - The use of weapons of mass destruction in all forms used during the recent conflict were the consequence of inevitable escalations in the total war paradigm your leaders were unleashing. Understand, young one, that the House leaders vowed to show the Clans what a "real war" looked like...<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster: I have always preferred the proletariat throwing off the shackles of the bourgeois and entering into an idyllic paradise where the proletariat own the means of production.<TheMaster>: Hersh67 - ...and in so doing barely restrained themselves when they struck at the Clan homeworld of Huntress. You do not know just how close things could have come to the darkness I have struggled to spare you all from.<Hersh67>: You certainly spared me from being able to go home...<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - So, you are an optimist!<TheMaster>: How quaint!<Hersh67>: Of course, Kather Steiner-Davion also had a hand in that as well.<TheMaster>: Hersh67 - And your home was...?<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster: You should really talk to my fiancee about that "optimism" bit<Habeas2>: I'm getting meself a beer. Carry on, people!<Hersh67>: Nuts. Don't have my characters history with me in the truck. <TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - Even I know better than to get involveed in domestic affairs.<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: Can I ask you for a favor? can you go waste a few of the clan green pigeon worlds before your horrible death?<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster: what would the average persons life be like in a WoB run universe?<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: Hersh67: Tell me about it. I barely made it off the rock I called home for the longest time, with a fraction of the assets I had before the WoB decided to go monkey-poo all over it.<Cavalier>: The Master: What did you think of Operation Scorpion at the time?<Hersh67>: Carefull, Colonel Specter. Some of those green pigeon worlds 'were' back home...<Orin>: TheMaster: Given that the dissolution of the Second Star League was a surprise to you, would you have benefited in more time to plan the "Jihad"? Also, what do you call it internally?<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - Sorry; no requests<Hersh67>: I want to say my character was from Tharkad, but off hand, I don't really remember.<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - In a Word of Blake-run universe? Hard to imagine. We never really established a goal of social or governmental domination. The Word's goals, as ever, have been to serve all of humankind.<Charlie_Tango>: Habeas or TheMaster: From the Dark Age material, most of the "northern third" of the the Inner Sphere, i.e. the former Clan Occupation Zones are essentially a vast wasteland, yet we have not seen this level of destruction in the Jihad information released thus far. Are the events that cause this still forthcoming? <TheMaster>: Cavalier - Biggest thought I had on Scorpion at the time was: THAT will never work! Second biggest thought: Glad I didn't tell Mori anything serious!<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: do you think that right now is a good time to invest in real estate on Terra?<TheMaster>: Orin - Absolutely we would have benefited from more time. Our forces were not yet ready for the counter-crusade. One more Star League term, with the Free Worlds or the Concordat at the helm, could have made all the difference.<TheMaster>: Charlie_Tango - I have no idea what you're talking about.<Hersh67>: Right now, I'd say you don't want to be in Minneapolis. One heck of a storm going through.<Cavalier>: The Master: Your position must have given you access to many secrets. Did you ever look up the ROM file on the assassination of Hollings York for fun, or look at the video footage of Toyoma's last "interview" with Jerome Blake?<Orin>: TheMaster: Would your crusade been unleashed on the Inner Sphere, the Clans or both if you'd had more time?<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - You may want to wait a few seasons to figure out where all the fallout lands first.<TheMaster>: Orin - Would have, could have? Our initial plan was for a focused strike on the source of the darkness we swore to protect mankind from. The House Lords had not earned our ire prior to their great betrayal.<JoeChummer>: TheMaster: Do you know what ROM actually means? According to this 21st century sci-fi novel, it means "Royal Ontario Museum,<JoeChummer>: ... which I've guessing isn't the right acronym
<Orin>: TheMaster: Prior to the "great betrayal" did you foresee the Second Star League enduring, or did you always foresee it collapsing, just not expecting it to do so so quickly?<TheMaster>: JoeChummer - Rho Omicron Mu.<TheMaster>: Orin - The Second League was a sham, but it has the potential to be much more enduring, and much greater than it was. For that it needed a proper catalyst. It needed to finish the job it started.<Habeas2>: Back.<JoeChummer>: That's all Greek to me (no pun intended). Is that meant to signify a triumvirate collaboration of pre-existing ComStar departments?<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: what was gonna be the Third Transfer had the Second Star League survived?<Sarcasmo>: Favorite battle/conquest of the Jihad?<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: Fall of Terra. Oh, that was for the Master.<TheMaster>: JoeChummer - That was the archaic nomenclature of the division of ComStar operations that security and intelligence would one day entail. It got shortened to ROM soon afterward and the name simply stuck.<Orin>: TheMaster: Would you have been happier staying with ComStar instead of returning to the FWL back in 3031?<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - Now that i understand the signs right, had the hypothetical war gone as hypothetically planned, the Third Transfer, hypothetically, would have been when a new Star Lord sat upon the throne on Terra herself.<Cavalier>: Master: What do you think your father Janos would say to you about the Jihad and the way your life has gone?<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - Hesperus II. Nothing like ending centuries of Steiner arrogance by taking the one world they always felt they would hold!<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: Which Immortal Warrior Holovid was your favorite? (we all know everyone watches it, even if you won't admit it))<TheMaster>: Orin - Absolutely, but my return to the League brought about my rebirth, so I cannot wish away something so momentous as that.<Sarcasmo>: Oh yea, Hep2 was a good one. Two bad you couldn't hold it. <TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - Well, kind of ashamed to admit it, but the Christmas Special. You know, the one the directors would all rather we just forgot?<Orin>: TheMaster: Why not choose to attack the Clans anyway even if the Second Star League failed?<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: That was a good one, but I always liked the Halloween Special, even if the zombie mechs were a touch to much<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster: What is your favorite 'mech?<TheMaster>: Orin - Because without the cohesion of the Houses, we could never have been successful. The selfishness of the ruling nobility all but doomed the Inner Sphere. WEe gave them several opportunities to put it right.<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - BattleMechs are merely tools to an end. Ultimately, one 'Mech is just as good as any other as long as it does its job.<Orin>: TheMaster: Now that we are becoming increasingly aware that some catastrophe has devastated the "home clans", are you tempted to send a force in to finish them off to ensure they never rise again?<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: what's your favorite band?<Sarcasmo>: Habeas2: What is the biggest nuke used in the BattleTech setting?<Habeas2>: Sarcasmo - We estimate 50 megatons...<TheMaster>: ColonelSpector - Afroman<Sarcasmo>: Thats it?! The russkies did that in1961! I was hoping for something REALLY big!!!<Habeas2>: Oh! 5 minutes left guys<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: hmm I always thought it would be some kind of death metal<SLDF_Gunslinger>: Late as always...<Hersh67>: Herb, who did you get to be 'The Master'??<Habeas2>: Sarcasmo - The "russkies" also learned that they were wasting explosive force that way; it was determined that maximum destruction was instead attainable only through MIRV delivery, putting about 7 nukes at a target, rather than just one.<Orin>: Herb: How far out have you planned sourcebooks - Ben mentioned something on his blog about plans that seem to extend many years out<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: One last question before you go, which clan would you kill if you had the power to kill anyone of them?

<Sarcasmo>: Yea, but I mean the cool factor of a coupe hundred megaton bomb dropped somewhere<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: Hersh67: Thomas Marik from what I'm told.<Orin>: TheMaster: If you could sum up the goal of the Jihad in a simple sentence, would it be something like "To Unite The Inner Sphere Against A Common Enemy" or something vastly different?<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - Nah. Death metal has no appeal to me. Can't understand the words. Sounds like they're just going to rip a vocal chord in the singing. All that rapid-fire beat with no real tempo... That's not art.<Hersh67>: No, I mean who is it on the other end of the computer?<Habeas2>: Sarcasmo - When we wanted that kind of destruction in one shot, we just dropped big rocks at about 20% c<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: well Techno would have been a close second, it's all machine made, kinda like you<TheMaster>: Orin - That's horrendously over-simplified, but if you can only digest it that way, have at it.<Sarcasmo>: that's no fun...<Habeas2>: Hersh67 - WHo do YOU think it is?<Orin>: I don't think its Jason because there hasn't been much swearing<Hersh67>: Not sure. I've seen that kinda of writing style, just can't place it.<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - I'm not "all machine made". Come now; you're being almost racist here.<JoeChummer>: Hersh67: I just assumed it was Herb in a second browser window...<Sarcasmo>: Orin: that's funny right there...<TheMaster>: Habeas2 - Jason who?<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: I'm ok with that as long as I don't cross the line<Habeas2>: TheMaster - Judging by the "swearing" remark, I'm going with Schmetzer. BattleCorps guy.<TheMaster>: Habeas2 - Oh.<TheMaster>: Habeas2 - Wait. Didn't you fire him?<Sarcasmo>: oh snap...<Habeas2>: TheMaster - No. That was someone else.<Hersh67>: So who is the Master today?<Global>: moo.slashnet.org will be rebooting at 8:40pm PDT (approximately 6 minutes from now). If you are connected to moo, you will be disconnected at that time. The downtime is expected to be very brief. Sorry for the inconvenience.<Orin>: Who ever he is, he deserves a clap <SLDF_Gunslinger>: Are we going to see any Star League Era TRO Supplementals or will we only be getting 'new' units in Historical: Operation Liberation and XTRO: Gunslingers?<Habeas2>: Hersh67 - Y'know, I think I'll let the mystery linger....<Hersh67>: Yep. Nice job of being the Shadowy Figure behind the Meyhem.<TheMaster>: Hmmm. I just got a warning that I'm getting kicked off in 6 minutes here, so it's just as well.<ColonelSpecter>: I'm gonna guess Joel BC, just a wild guess<Sarcasmo>: Thanks Mr.Beas and The Master!<ScottSR>: Oh great master, are those crazy clanners about to receive an additional briefing on their ridiculous "upgrades" in XTRO":Clans anytime soon? Our MML's and Snub-PPC's will surely destroy them!<Habeas2>: SLDF_Gunslinger - Maybe.<TheMaster>: ScottSR - Um, that sounds like a Habeas2 question<SLDF_Gunslinger>: Fair enough.<ColonelSpecter>: So TheMaster, which clan is your most hated?<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - Which ones are still alive?<ColonelSpecter>: I have no idea these days, I don't keep up with them<Habeas2>: ScottSR - The Clan XTR is actually bound to come out soon, so I guess they'll get updated when it goes live.<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - Well, those ones, then.<ColonelSpecter>: good answer, I like the way you think<Hersh67>: Master, we won't know until the Wars of Reaving come out...<TheMaster>: Hersh67 - Sounds like a personal problem, then<Hersh67>: Careful. I'll have to have my cats contact your cats. Something can be worked out...<ScottSR>: Are there plans to make a separate record sheet product for historical: reunification war? Would it, like RS: Klondike, contain additional units?<ColonelSpecter>: I'll have to join up when ever you come back into power after Delvin kicks your ass<TheMaster>: Hersh67 - I don't have any cats.<Hersh67>: Herb does.<TheMaster>: I thought you were talking to me?<Habeas2>: ScottSR - Yes<Hersh67>: You don't have any cats, I don't have any toasters.

ravensword

• Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: 11 July 2011, 21:32:39 »
I cleaned up the big blocks of text.  See below.

<Orin>: TheMaster: Prior to the "great betrayal" did you foresee the Second Star League enduring, or did you always foresee it collapsing, just not expecting it to do so so quickly?
<TheMaster>: JoeChummer - Rho Omicron Mu.
<TheMaster>: Orin - The Second League was a sham, but it has the potential to be much more enduring, and much greater than it was. For that it needed a proper catalyst. It needed to finish the job it started.
<Habeas2>: Back.
<JoeChummer>: That's all Greek to me (no pun intended). Is that meant to signify a triumvirate collaboration of pre-existing ComStar departments?
<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: what was gonna be the Third Transfer had the Second Star League survived?
<Sarcasmo>: Favorite battle/conquest of the Jihad?
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: Fall of Terra. Oh, that was for the Master.
<TheMaster>: JoeChummer - That was the archaic nomenclature of the division of ComStar operations that security and intelligence would one day entail. It got shortened to ROM soon afterward and the name simply stuck.
<Orin>: TheMaster: Would you have been happier staying with ComStar instead of returning to the FWL back in 3031?
<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - Now that i understand the signs right, had the hypothetical war gone as hypothetically planned, the Third Transfer, hypothetically, would have been when a new Star Lord sat upon the throne on Terra herself.
<Cavalier>: Master: What do you think your father Janos would say to you about the Jihad and the way your life has gone?
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - Hesperus II. Nothing like ending centuries of Steiner arrogance by taking the one world they always felt they would hold!
<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: Which Immortal Warrior Holovid was your favorite? (we all know everyone watches it, even if you won't admit it))
<TheMaster>: Orin - Absolutely, but my return to the League brought about my rebirth, so I cannot wish away something so momentous as that.
<Sarcasmo>: Oh yea, Hep2 was a good one. Two bad you couldn't hold it.
<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - Well, kind of ashamed to admit it, but the Christmas Special. You know, the one the directors would all rather we just forgot?
<Orin>: TheMaster: Why not choose to attack the Clans anyway even if the Second Star League failed?
<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: That was a good one, but I always liked the Halloween Special, even if the zombie mechs were a touch to much
<Sarcasmo>: TheMaster: What is your favorite 'mech?
<TheMaster>: Orin - Because without the cohesion of the Houses, we could never have been successful. The selfishness of the ruling nobility all but doomed the Inner Sphere. WEe gave them several opportunities to put it right.
<TheMaster>: Sarcasmo - BattleMechs are merely tools to an end. Ultimately, one 'Mech is just as good as any other as long as it does its job.
<Orin>: TheMaster: Now that we are becoming increasingly aware that some catastrophe has devastated the "home clans", are you tempted to send a force in to finish them off to ensure they never rise again?
<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: what's your favorite band?
<Sarcasmo>: Habeas2: What is the biggest nuke used in the BattleTech setting?
<Habeas2>: Sarcasmo - We estimate 50 megatons...
<TheMaster>: ColonelSpector - Afroman
<Sarcasmo>: Thats it?! The russkies did that in1961! I was hoping for something REALLY big!!!
<Habeas2>: Oh! 5 minutes left guys
<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: hmm I always thought it would be some kind of death metal
<SLDF_Gunslinger>: Late as always...
<Hersh67>: Herb, who did you get to be 'The Master'??
<Habeas2>: Sarcasmo - The "russkies" also learned that they were wasting explosive force that way; it was determined that maximum destruction was instead attainable only through MIRV delivery, putting about 7 nukes at a target, rather than just one.
<Orin>: Herb: How far out have you planned sourcebooks - Ben mentioned something on his blog about plans that seem to extend many years out
<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: One last question before you go, which clan would you kill if you had the power to kill anyone of them?
<Sarcasmo>: Yea, but I mean the cool factor of a coupe hundred megaton bomb dropped somewhere
<Azakael_XO_1stInfinityCorps>: Hersh67: Thomas Marik from what I'm told.
<Orin>: TheMaster: If you could sum up the goal of the Jihad in a simple sentence, would it be something like "To Unite The Inner Sphere Against A Common Enemy" or something vastly different?
<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - Nah. Death metal has no appeal to me. Can't understand the words. Sounds like they're just going to rip a vocal chord in the singing. All that rapid-fire beat with no real tempo... That's not art.
<Hersh67>: No, I mean who is it on the other end of the computer?
<Habeas2>: Sarcasmo - When we wanted that kind of destruction in one shot, we just dropped big rocks at about 20% c
<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: well Techno would have been a close second, it's all machine made, kinda like you
<TheMaster>: Orin - That's horrendously over-simplified, but if you can only digest it that way, have at it.
<Sarcasmo>: that's no fun...
<Habeas2>: Hersh67 - WHo do YOU think it is?
<Orin>: I don't think its Jason because there hasn't been much swearing
<Hersh67>: Not sure. I've seen that kinda of writing style, just can't place it.
<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - I'm not "all machine made". Come now; you're being almost racist here.
<JoeChummer>: Hersh67: I just assumed it was Herb in a second browser window...
<Sarcasmo>: Orin: that's funny right there...
<TheMaster>: Habeas2 - Jason who?
<ColonelSpecter>: TheMaster: I'm ok with that as long as I don't cross the line
<Habeas2>: TheMaster - Judging by the "swearing" remark, I'm going with Schmetzer. BattleCorps guy.
<TheMaster>: Habeas2 - Oh.
<TheMaster>: Habeas2 - Wait. Didn't you fire him?
<Sarcasmo>: oh snap...
<Habeas2>: TheMaster - No. That was someone else.
<Hersh67>: So who is the Master today?
<Global>: moo.slashnet.org will be rebooting at 8:40pm PDT (approximately 6 minutes from now). If you are connected to moo, you will be disconnected at that time. The downtime is expected to be very brief. Sorry for the inconvenience.
<Orin>: Who ever he is, he deserves a clap
<SLDF_Gunslinger>: Are we going to see any Star League Era TRO Supplementals or will we only be getting 'new' units in Historical: Operation Liberation and XTRO: Gunslingers?
<Habeas2>: Hersh67 - Y'know, I think I'll let the mystery linger....
<Hersh67>: Yep. Nice job of being the Shadowy Figure behind the Meyhem.
<TheMaster>: Hmmm. I just got a warning that I'm getting kicked off in 6 minutes here, so it's just as well.
<ColonelSpecter>: I'm gonna guess Joel BC, just a wild guess
<Sarcasmo>: Thanks Mr.Beas and The Master!
<ScottSR>: Oh great master, are those crazy clanners about to receive an additional briefing on their ridiculous "upgrades" in XTRO":Clans anytime soon? Our MML's and Snub-PPC's will surely destroy them!
<Habeas2>: SLDF_Gunslinger - Maybe.
<TheMaster>: ScottSR - Um, that sounds like a Habeas2 question
<SLDF_Gunslinger>: Fair enough.
<ColonelSpecter>: So TheMaster, which clan is your most hated?
<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - Which ones are still alive?
<ColonelSpecter>: I have no idea these days, I don't keep up with them
<Habeas2>: ScottSR - The Clan XTR is actually bound to come out soon, so I guess they'll get updated when it goes live.
<TheMaster>: ColonelSpecter - Well, those ones, then.
<ColonelSpecter>: good answer, I like the way you think
<Hersh67>: Master, we won't know until the Wars of Reaving come out...
<TheMaster>: Hersh67 - Sounds like a personal problem, then
<Hersh67>: Careful. I'll have to have my cats contact your cats. Something can be worked out...
<ScottSR>: Are there plans to make a separate record sheet product for historical: reunification war? Would it, like RS: Klondike, contain additional units?
<ColonelSpecter>: I'll have to join up when ever you come back into power after Delvin kicks your ass
<TheMaster>: Hersh67 - I don't have any cats.
<Hersh67>: Herb does.
<TheMaster>: I thought you were talking to me?
<Habeas2>: ScottSR - Yes
<Hersh67>: You don't have any cats, I don't have any toasters.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #23 on: 12 July 2011, 01:55:37 »
One thing I still want to know, *WHO* played The Master???  Yes, it's still bugging me.

It was Thomas Marik, via Super HPG on Circinus.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
« Reply #24 on: 12 July 2011, 21:01:50 »
<TheMaster>: Klep - Oh, mostly, I spend my morning taking in the news feeds from around the Inner Sphere, play a few online games, plot strategies, give orders to my troops, and direct an interstellar war effort while simultaneously whispering secrets and lies into the ears of various captains of industry, mass media outlets, and government rulers....
<TheMaster>: Klep - ...and of course, I do all of this at once, usually between meals and rechargings--all for the betterment of mankind, by harnessing the currents of history.

TheMaster is a dystopian mashup of Hari Seldon and the three children from Ender's Game?
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #25 on: 12 July 2011, 21:38:11 »
<TheMaster>: Cavalier - In the ancient words of a popular folk singer in the early 21st century: "Haters gonna hate".

I'm keeping this one. ;D
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer
"We are the tribal elders. Weirdo is the mushroom specialist." - Worktroll

PeripheryPirate

• Warrant Officer
  • Your friendly neighborhood Periphery pirate!
« Reply #26 on: 13 July 2011, 04:27:18 »
Online games! In BattleTech! They really do have all kinds of secret technology!

Register