Author Topic: Total Warfare Editions?  (Read 1797 times)

Aegis

• Corporal
Total Warfare Editions?
« on: 17 July 2011, 09:58:22 »
I've been away from Battletech for awhile, but I'm ready to jump back in.

In 2006  I picked up Total Warfare  at GenCon.  It's imprinted as WizKids/FanPro.  I've seen a few posts on these boards that suggest that the Catalyst printing of TW is a better choice. 

So, are there significant differences between the FanPro and Catalyst editions?  I don't need an exhaustive list of differences, just some idea about whether I should upgrade from my FanPro copy.

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
  • Fanah’s Fangs (formerly of the Talitha Division)
Re: Total Warfare Editions?
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2011, 10:00:24 »
The errata, which you can get [here.

For some, buying the latest edition of the tome would be easier, but so far I haven't minded being diligent and making the changes myself.

Aegis

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2011, 11:00:54 »
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know.

I think I'll hang on to my original book with the errata noted for now.  If I find I'm relying on the notes too often then I might upgrade.  This will also free-up some more funds to get other Battletech stuff. :)

HikageMaru

• Captain
  • The Capellans are not evil.
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2011, 13:17:29 »
I've been away from Battletech for awhile, but I'm ready to jump back in.

In 2006  I picked up Total Warfare  at GenCon.  It's imprinted as WizKids/FanPro.  I've seen a few posts on these boards that suggest that the Catalyst printing of TW is a better choice. 

So, are there significant differences between the FanPro and Catalyst editions?  I don't need an exhaustive list of differences, just some idea about whether I should upgrade from my FanPro copy.

Welcome back. I came back after a fifteen-year hiatus.

Aegis

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2011, 14:13:03 »
Thanks HikageMaru.

I started around '85, and it seems like I keep taking a couple years off before getting a steady game together for about a year, then repeating the cycle.

Finding people to game with has always been my biggest obstacle.
My son (8) has started showing an interest in his dad's Battletech collection, plus we finally have a local game shop here, so maybe this time I'll have a longer run.

Register