Author Topic: The Wars of Reaving  (Read 39833 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
The Wars of Reaving
« on: 03 August 2011, 18:58:06 »
This thread is for all issues and problems with The Wars of Reaving.

Product Link: http://bg.battletech.com/?wpsc-product=the-wars-of-reaving

There is no compiled errata for this product at this time.

Please remember to follow the errata report template when reporting issues.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 01 December 2011, 22:25:35 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
Re: The Wars of Reaving
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2011, 21:12:45 »
PDF Initial Release
Page 46, Declaration of Honor

Third paragraph, second sentence: "...Huey..."  Per the style guide, the name of a Combat Vehicle is not supposed to be italicized.

Solution: Unitalicize the word.

Fifth paragraph: "...Ariel Sukorov):..."

Solution: Change to Ariel Suvorov, consistent with usage throughout the rest of the book.

Page 253, Trial of Grievance

Second sentence: "The victorin the match..."  (Underline mine.)

Solution: Should be "victor in".

Page 248, Table

Sheridan has no percentage listed for any clans.

Solution: It should probably be 100% Star Adder, like it was in 3067 and 3085.
« Last Edit: 15 September 2014, 17:30:50 by Xotl »

Orin

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2011, 23:23:18 »
Page 26

Khan Kell of the Wolfs-In-Exile rather than Khan Ward

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #3 on: 04 August 2011, 02:43:11 »
Page 38, section entitled "The Scorpion and the Star League":

"The Light Horse fought valiantly, but ultimately failed against the superiority of the Goliath Scorpion. The light battalion that remained was taken as isorla and, with great fanfare, Khan Suvorov conducted an honorable bondsref ceremony, accepting these Inner Sphere abtakha into our Clan."

Bondsref is a form of ritual suicide designed to escape becoming a bondsman because the shame is too great. Unless Khan Suvorov or the Horsemen were being killed, using the term in that spot makes no sense. I'm honestly not sure which word was intended there, because AFAIK there's no word of the cutting of the bondcords, which I believe in the context is what was trying to be expressed.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Carbon Elasmobranch

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 04 August 2011, 09:42:04 »
Page 206, Expanded ProtoMech Structure and Armor Table lists the legs of 14 and 15 ton ultra quad protos as having 16 structure boxes, but with a maximum armor allocation of 28 points.  14 structure boxes would seem to fit the progression of structure in quad legs and match the maximum armor allocation.

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2011, 09:52:43 »
p. 160/161, 163, 165, 168/169, 171.
The TO&Es of all clans save the Bloodspirits misses the percentages (%) in the strength column.
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2011, 10:09:08 »
p. 175
Pryde offered a ten year truce between the two Clans and the the worlds of Persistence and Winfield to the Horses.
one of the "the"s could be dropped.  :)

p. 180
In 3080, the Wolves hit Seduits and Harvest;
'Seduits' should be 'Seiduts'.
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

Dread Moores

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2011, 11:12:38 »
pg. 166

The Lion rejoined the bandit DropShip a month later

Issue: Judging by the rest of the paragraph describing a Trojan Horse style operation and the fact that the Lion being referred to is a DropShip (and the next paragraph referring to the capture of the Bandit JumpShip), I believe that the Lion rejoined the bandit JumpShip.

Suggestion: Change DropShip to JumpShip.

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2011, 20:24:53 »
Page 26

Khan Kell of the Wolfs-In-Exile rather than Khan Ward

Not errata.
Eh.

Snake Eyes

• Lieutenant
  • I am here to keep the peace
« Reply #9 on: 05 August 2011, 01:07:33 »
Page 203: Nova CEWS:
The cost in C-Bills seems to be messed up (1,1100,000)......is this 1,100,000 or 11,000,000 ???

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
  • Ah yes, the rabble and their "Medium Mechs"
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2011, 01:42:15 »
<snip>

According to Era Digest: Golden Century, this could be called either a Trial of Adoption or Absorption, depending on what all of the assets were taken. Not to derail this with discussion, but that may be that either one would fit, since it refers to Phelan Kell being adopted, rather than Absorbed.
I don't post to play nice with everyone. I post to posit my ideas. If this offends you, there's an ignore function.
I knew this day would come! The day of the stapler men has arrived!

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #11 on: 05 August 2011, 04:49:59 »
Page 131, paragraph 5:

"It is akin to the philosophical theorizing by the late Twenty-third century sociologist Dr. Julie Miller. One of her key questions was how modern society would react if a man-made essential such basic electricity had suddenly been removed. At the time it was a thought exercise that spawned much debate in the Hegemony’s academic circles and was even documented on a few colony worlds."

In the late 23rd century, there was no Terran Hegemony; the Terran Alliance was not overthrown until 2316. Given the phrasing "at the time", which would seem to indicate that the debate was contemporaneous with Miller herself, the Hegemony reference would appear to be in error.

Suggested correction: change "Hegemony's" to "Alliance's".

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 05 August 2011, 05:38:49 »
Page 136

"The  Adder  information  was  immediately  shared  with Galaxy Commander Unther cooper,"
Should be changed to
"The  Adder  information  was  immediately  shared  with Galaxy Commander Unther Cooper,"
I don't post to play nice with everyone. I post to posit my ideas. If this offends you, there's an ignore function.

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 05 August 2011, 06:04:37 »
Another one, this time on page 138,

The line: "only it overwhelmed the Hawk (Column split here) Eye’s  operational  systems"

Should be: "only it overwhelmed the Hawk (Column split here) Eye’s  operational  systems"

rim_pirate

• Corporal
  • Thomas HOGAAAAAAAAAARTH!!!
« Reply #14 on: 05 August 2011, 08:11:56 »
I found a few typos:

pge 160, Military Commands: replace "Calistan" with "Castillian"

pge 167, top right: replace "Oqriq" with "Opriq"

pge 180 third last line in the second paragraph: replace "Beruben" with "Bruben"

pge 181 "... than allies the inevitably": 'the' seems superfluous

pge 193 "... decision to severe ..." imo should be "... decision to sever..."

pge 201 iATM construction rules, first bullet "... built up any ..." imo should be "... build up any ..."

pge 205 Crash-landing: "..., of if the ..." should be "..., or if the ..."

pge 229 opening vignette: "Edwin Rommel" should probably be "Erwin Rommel"

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 05 August 2011, 08:13:46 »
pg. 52, left text column: "The battle outshined the previous naval engagement..."
Issue: Grammar/spelling
Suggested fix: "The battle outshone the previous naval engagement..."

pg. 56, lower left column: "Nyserta, Oberon IV and Paulus Prime..."
Issue: The capital world of the Oberon Confederation was Oberon VI (not IV), though it is admittedly possible that there are several habitable worlds in the Oberon system. Later references on the next page are for Oberon VI.
Suggested fix: "Nyserta, Oberon VI and Paulus Prime..."

pg. 58, "The Scorpion Wanders" textbox, 3rd paragraph: "When the Clans 'small force of three JumpShips was suddenly accosted by an unidentified Peregrine-class WarShip."
Issues: Hyphen wrongly set one space after 'Clans' and directly ahead of 'small'; also, sentence is broken grammar-wise; a half-sentence seems to be missing.
Suggested fix: "The Clans' small force of three JumpShips was suddenly accosted by an unidentified Peregrine-class WarShip."

pg. 59, "The Momentum of Progress" textbox, 3rd paragraph ending: "the last two centuries,    ?"
Issue: Half sentence seems to be missing
Suggested fix: Add missing half-sentence.

pg. 61, "Bandit Caste: Commodus Van Houten" textbox, 2nd paragraph: "A former Clan Burrock warrior caste out in 3041"
Issue: 'caste out' should be 'cast out'
Suggested fix: Replace 'caste' with 'cast'

pg. 68, "Return of Orbital Bombardment" textbox, 4th paragraph: "The Clans hat not utilized the tactic until Turtle Bay during Operation REVIVAL."
Issue: The 1st Somerset Strikers sourcebook establishes as Canon (sidebox, pg. 20 - report to Kanrei Theodore Kurita) that Nicolai Maltus' orbital bombardment of Remus City on the planet Romulus really took place (and a similar incident is mentioned for Quarrel). I was under the impression that the orbital oblitarition of Remus City happened prior to the Turtle Bay massacre.
However, there is one marked difference: Unlike the Jaguars, who deliberately bombarded the civilians of Turtle Bay, the Jade Falcons evacuated the citizens on Quarrel and presumably did the same on Romulus prior to orbital-bombarding the cities. Perhaps this is why Turtle Bay is widely regarded as the first 'proper' case of orbital bombardment.

pg. 69, right column (The Hellion Strikes), 3rd paragraph: Bone Norman
Issue: Previously spelled as "Bone-Norman"
Suggested Fix: Spell with dash

(...still reading. More if I find them.)
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #16 on: 05 August 2011, 11:41:03 »
pg. 52, left text column: "The battle outshined the previous naval engagement..."
Issue: Grammar/spelling
Suggested fix: "The battle outshone the previous naval engagement..."

outshined is fine.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 05 August 2011, 17:50:48 »
pg 85, left column top: "SaKhan Samantha Clees arrived at the Dark Nebula system..."
Issue: The Dark Nebula is not a (single) system; it is a region of space containing a cloud of ionized gas and several white and red dwarf star systems and at least 17 pulsars. See BTW entry: Dark Nebula.
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #18 on: 06 August 2011, 16:54:26 »
Bookmarks:
Founders Future:
The Wolf bookmark is a sub bookmark of the Snow Raven bookmark. It should stand on its own.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 06 August 2011, 19:02:22 »
pg. 102, Raven's Dirge, end of 1st paragraph: "Quatre Bell"
Issue: Misspelling of Quatre Belle
Suggested Fix: Replace with "Quatre Belle"

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 08 August 2011, 04:11:23 »
A small formatting error on p. 215, Alternate Configuration A

Location, Critical and Mass is displaced by one column for the TAG.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 08 August 2011, 12:41:04 »
Possible issue page 83, possibly deliberate misinformation.
Snippet marked "SUCCESS!" is written past-tense covering events from 17 December 3071 to 0435 19 December 3071.  According to apparent date convention used in log records, the entry was made prior to those events - 17123071 seeming to be 17 December 3071.  If this is an error, easy fix is adjusting date tag to 19123071 or 20123071.  If not an error, then that's an "interesting" little incident.   ^-^
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 08 August 2011, 23:19:58 »
Looking through the book for the Warships, something is odd with CGS Andromeda.  She was apparently sunk ("gutted") at Huntress July 3072, pp100-101, and does not appear on the list of surviving WarShips on page 160, however does appear and defeat the Mako-class Fuchida on page 128 at Waypoint 531 - in 3073.  Was a different ship supposed to be at Waypoint 531?
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #23 on: 09 August 2011, 07:48:21 »
Looking through the book for the Warships, something is odd with CGS Andromeda.  She was apparently sunk ("gutted") at Huntress July 3072, pp100-101, and does not appear on the list of surviving WarShips on page 160, however does appear and defeat the Mako-class Fuchida on page 128 at Waypoint 531 - in 3073.  Was a different ship supposed to be at Waypoint 531?

Nope, she was repaired to partial functionality and then unleashed at 531. She's one of the unnamed vessels destroyed in the New Kent assault.
Eh.

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: 09 August 2011, 08:55:47 »
p. 113 'Silence of the Falcon'

Nearly half of the Horses’ worlds also went silent, as did several Wolf worlds. The sudden loss of intra-world communications was a complete shock.
Shouldn't this be inter-world communications? The whole paragraph describes the shut-down of the HPG network and affecting the worlds of the respective OZs, not the communication of each specific world.

Merchant Factor Daniel petitioned the Clan leadership to allow the merchants to assist with the Clan’s Trial of Annihilation. The Khans agreed and allowed those Trueborn warriors who wished to join the Clan Watch to pass a Trial of Position.
They allowed trueborn merchants to perform a trial of position. These were washouts, not warriors.

Suggested Solution: [...] and allowed those trueborn washouts/or/trueborn merchants who wished to join [...]
« Last Edit: 09 August 2011, 09:00:03 by Demos »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #25 on: 09 August 2011, 15:06:06 »
Page 201, IATM stat block.

Under the third line.

The player must roll for a targeting lock each turn, even if he achieved a lock in the previous turn. A
separate To-hit Roll is necessary for each individual Streak system being fired.

Should be:

The player must roll for a targeting lock each turn, even if he achieved a lock in the previous turn. A
separate To-hit Roll is necessary for each individual IATM system being fired.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Redjack

• Corporal
  • No relation...
« Reply #26 on: 09 August 2011, 18:03:25 »
Page 25, left column bottom of the page:
Proof that the Diet concept had failed was the exceptionally low turnout for the 3067 Diet; barely 20 representatives arrived from the Inner Sphere, as opposed to the 1,200 in 3061.

Should be:
Proof that the Diet concept had failed was the exceptionally low turnout for the 3067 Diet; barely 20 representatives arrived from the Inner Sphere, as opposed to the 1,200 in 3062.
At the top of the page 24 the Diet is described as taking place "September 3062".

Page 37, first sentence after the "Stalking the Desert" header:
Clan Coyote, still stinging from the censure of their actions against the first Babylon Diet and the audacity of the Goliath Scorpions to hold a second in 3066, looked for ways to accelerate the growth of their touman.

Should probably read"
Clan Coyote, still stinging from the censure of their actions against the first Babylon Diet and the audacity of the Cloud Cobras to hold a second in 3067, looked for ways to accelerate the growth of their touman.
Date change in reference to the prior quoted section on page 25 which described low turnout for the 3067 Diet.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #27 on: 10 August 2011, 06:57:54 »
PDF release, page 170, last paragraph, last sentence:

Even with the careful application of their forces, the Lions barely scrapped together three Clusters...

That should probably be
Even with the careful application of their forces, the Lions barely scraped together three Clusters...
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 10 August 2011, 11:56:35 »
p. 237, 'Options'

A player may a maximum of two Options to their track.

Apparently a verb like 'select'/'add' (?) is missing.

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 12 August 2011, 02:13:52 »
p. 167 / p. 192

At p. 167 Star Captain Freya bring the 'Jaguar' down, at p. 192 it is Star Captain Frey Star Adder.

Solution: Adjust either p. 167 Freya to "Frey" or p. 192 Frey to "Freya".