Author Topic: Bienvenidos al Imperio del Escorpión  (Read 203123 times)

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Re: Bienvenidos al Imperio del Escorpión
« Reply #1260 on: 30 August 2014, 10:12:16 »
At least they survived.

St.George

• Lieutenant
  • there's nowhere to run
« Reply #1261 on: 30 August 2014, 18:07:04 »
And no need to train pilots for machine's they cant make.Though I'm sure the tech's there to do so,if that's what they wanted to.
"Smoke em' if ya got em' boys,,,We're goin' in"

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #1262 on: 30 August 2014, 18:14:12 »
I do not have War of Reaving handy, other than the Hellions, who else did the Scorpions pick up on the way out?

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #1263 on: 30 August 2014, 23:23:20 »
IIRC, they also picked up a few Fire Mandrills......

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #1264 on: 30 August 2014, 23:45:38 »
Yeah. From Kindraa Mattila-Carrol and maybe Faraday-Tanaga

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #1265 on: 31 August 2014, 00:34:14 »

Craig
And the Hell's Horse warrior or two, as well, IIRC
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #1266 on: 31 August 2014, 02:22:35 »
Thanks. All my stuff was in the attic and we just had the roof COMPLETELY replaced. So I had to move everything to other locations. Now I have to try to dig through everything to find it.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #1267 on: 31 August 2014, 02:49:06 »

Craig

Yeah. From Kindraa Mattila-Carrol and maybe Faraday-Tanaga

And the Hell's Horse warrior or two, as well, IIRC

That is assuming they survived the Annihilation of the Steel Vipers and were able to make it to Roche and then off again before the final Cobra attack.  The Star Adders and the Stone Lions did inflict some casualties on the Scorpions before giving the Cloud Cobras a chance to crack Roche.  When the Cloud Cobras attacked Roche, they did still find about half the remaining Scorpion touman on-planet.  It is unclear how many, if any, of those forces were able to make it off-planet and meet up with the rest of the Scorpions.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #1268 on: 31 August 2014, 03:03:11 »
If there is a mention there is a possibility and the Scorpions need all the help we can get! :-)

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #1269 on: 31 August 2014, 03:14:12 »
Another thing that I have wondered, would the Scorpions even bother with the breeding program? If there forces were as beaten as Archangel says, it makes no sense to try to restart the sibkos with the shattered remnants of the clan.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #1270 on: 31 August 2014, 04:57:34 »
Even the other exiled clans place priority over their sibko programs, the Scorpions should be doing the same. It's too ingrained in each Clanner's mindset. The only difference is they would have no reluctance in conscripting the lower castes and natives to bulk up the Touman.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #1271 on: 31 August 2014, 04:58:30 »
Another thing that I have wondered, would the Scorpions even bother with the breeding program? If there forces were as beaten as Archangel says, it makes no sense to try to restart the sibkos with the shattered remnants of the clan.

The Nova Cats did.  Given the looming threat of the remaining Homeworld Clans and the strained relations between the Scorpions and the Umayyads and, to a lesser extent, the Castilians, they need a steady supply of reliable warriors that they can ensure are properly indoctrinated raised.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #1272 on: 31 August 2014, 11:15:37 »
I just played MM to see if a problem I was having with protomechs not having any ammo was a problem I was always going to have or just a glitch. Seems to have been a two-game glitch.

AND I LOVE the Triton. The Orc is pretty good too. Taking on two princess bots with a Talon and a PhoenixHawk K, I dropped both and did not lose a proto. Sounds like a good use of Imperio resources to me.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #1273 on: 31 August 2014, 11:17:51 »
Do we have any info on Imperio paint schemes?

Also, WoR has the situation less than stellar in the Imperio but by no means dire. How effective was this Coyote Watch program if they could throw the union into disarray? While not even half strength, the military arm was still fairly strong by that point.
« Last Edit: 31 August 2014, 17:20:29 by Drewbacca »

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #1274 on: 01 September 2014, 06:27:05 »
It's only just 5 years into Imperial history. Rome wasn't built in a day. It'll take them at least a few decades to solidify a fully-functioning society.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #1275 on: 01 September 2014, 06:57:16 »
What info do we get after WoR? Is there a fair amount in ISP3, or in another product?

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #1276 on: 01 September 2014, 07:14:23 »
ISP 3 is the only source on the Imperio after WoR. The Coreward Deep Periphery is still a "Here Be Dragons" area until ilClan comes out.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #1277 on: 01 September 2014, 11:01:24 »
ISP 3 is the only source on the Imperio after WoR. The Coreward Deep Periphery is still a "Here Be Dragons" area until ilClan comes out.

Well the WoR Supplemental does provide some additional material on the Imperio mostly on the Homeworld Clans' interactions with them (Coyote raid on Navarre and Coyote Watch operation to increase the unrest in the Imperio).

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #1278 on: 01 September 2014, 13:59:10 »
How did the Coyotes survive? Seriously, the Blood Spirits get hammered "just because," the Diamond Foxes are chased out because they are tainted, same with the Horses. The Coyotes work hand in hand with the Society and are still a clan? Makes no sense.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #1279 on: 01 September 2014, 14:26:17 »
Any who... so if I could afford one book, which would be best to get the info on the Imperio, ISP3 or WoR Supp?

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #1280 on: 01 September 2014, 15:50:45 »
How did the Coyotes survive? Seriously, the Blood Spirits get hammered "just because," the Diamond Foxes are chased out because they are tainted, same with the Horses. The Coyotes work hand in hand with the Society and are still a clan? Makes no sense.

They survived because some actively fought against those who sided with the Society, there was precedence with the Stone Lions, political considerations by ilKhan Andrews, the fact that it would be years before they would be able to recover enough strength to serious threaten the rest of the Clans and the belief that they were likely to die off anyways.

As far as the Spirits go, the in-universe reason is part because the Star Adders wanted them destroyed and part because the Blood Spirits gave them the justification needed to push a vote through what remained of the Grand Council (dezgra actions in arming their civilians to fight the Coyotes and Stone Lions on Honor).

Any who... so if I could afford one book, which would be best to get the info on the Imperio, ISP3 or WoR Supp?

ISP3 has the most comprehensive information on the Imperio, WoR supplemental is just supplemental information.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #1281 on: 01 September 2014, 16:03:10 »
Thanks. I think I will be picking up ISP3.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1282 on: 03 September 2014, 07:56:10 »
You will not be displeased.  It's worth it for all the new maps of the deep periphery.  But all of the Imperio material is awesome too.  Best Periphery book since the much-loved original, I can honestly say.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #1283 on: 03 September 2014, 09:38:33 »
And they even provided the Imperio with new CLANTECH MECHS  ;D

snewsom2997

• Captain
« Reply #1284 on: 03 September 2014, 11:43:35 »
And they even provided the Imperio with new CLANTECH MECHS  ;D

Some Clan ER Medium Lasers and Proto ACs does not a clan mech make. The new Emperio mechs are little more than armed industrial mechs.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #1285 on: 03 September 2014, 19:20:39 »
Some Clan ER Medium Lasers and Proto ACs does not a clan mech make. The new Emperio mechs are little more than armed industrial mechs.

We never said they were Clan BATTLEmechs.  Just Clan Mechs!   >:D
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1286 on: 03 September 2014, 22:59:07 »
You will not be displeased.  It's worth it for all the new maps of the deep periphery.  But all of the Imperio material is awesome too.  Best Periphery book since the much-loved original, I can honestly say.

I have to agree. I only got this book for the Imperio section, but ended up reading it cover-to-cover because it was so good.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #1287 on: 04 September 2014, 00:19:16 »
It's worth it for the pure "could be canon" crazy of it
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #1288 on: 04 September 2014, 01:15:09 »
The Warden Clans source book says the Clan Goliath Scorpion Dress Uniform was cut like a Star League security officer's uniform. Does anyone have a pic of the SL security officer?

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #1289 on: 04 September 2014, 02:41:32 »
There is a picture of a marine security guard in the old Star League sourcebook (p127).  Couldn't tell you whether all the SLDF branches utilized the same cut but they probably didn't.