Author Topic: full IS maps?  (Read 3545 times)

VoltAmpere

• Master Sergeant
    • Sarna Unified Cartography Kit
full IS maps?
« on: 26 August 2011, 16:50:04 »
Hi, are we going to be able to see more full maps in future publications? would be great to see eras like the end of the star league, start and end of each succession war, and the IS post-Jihad (before the Dark Age)
I noticed there are some systems (such as Hegel, Marx, Sweet Water, who show up only on the 2750 maps) have not yet been discovered at the end of the Reunification War and are subsequently lost by the time of the First Succession War.
Would be great if we could see more data on those, since the Handbooks already show most of them, albeit a cropped version of a full map.
I hope there's enough consumer interest in these so they'd make the light of day.

oh and followup question:
Mollako (CC) shows up in 2750 map of the Taurian Concordat but under a different name: ____huadian. Can I ask for the complete name of this System? Thanks!

another question:
Gangtok (TC) appears on two places in the 2830/2864 Davion Map in the Taurian Concordat, one South-West of Taurus (between Coromodir and Artru) and again East of Taurus (south of  Dicallus). Is this second Gangtok legit or is it a mapping error? The closest planet this second one could be would be Tirabad which appeared in in the 2750 TC map but the two don't seem to align correctly. Appreciate clarification. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 30 August 2011, 19:08:52 by VoltAmpere »

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
Re: full IS maps?
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2011, 03:02:23 »
There will be more full maps in future publications, yes.

I try to get them squeezed in anywhere I feel it's appropriate.

Mollako is a mistake, it should be gone from the map. The proper name of the world is Huanghuadian and it was abandoned/depopulated during the 1st Succession War.
The Gangtok near Dicallus is in error, it should be deleted. It is not Tirabad, no.

With regards,
Øystein

VoltAmpere

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2011, 04:28:55 »
Ok thanks! so Dicallus is not Tirabad, check.

Regarding Mollako, I noticed it shared the same location as Huanghuadian in 2750 and Tincalunas in 3130. Can I assume these three are the same system, twice renamed?

Huanghuadian in 2750 [courtesy of HB:Major Periphery States TC 2750 map]
Mollako from 2786 to 2822) [courtesy of HB:CC 2786/2822 map]
abandoned after 1st Succession War [does not appear in HB:CC and Full IS maps beginning 2830 until 3079]
rediscovered after 3079 and named Tincalunas [as it appears in 3130 map of MW:DA]

Whew, I'm nearly halfway through the 2,982 (or 3,030) Systems we've recorded and I'm sure we're gonna see more as I go through each era map one by one and when HB:HK comes out! I can only imagine what the official database actually looks like, mine already looks like a big mess of abbreviations!

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2011, 05:03:45 »
No.

Huanghuadian from founding to removal (1st Succession War casualty). Then repopulated by House Liao in the post-Jihad era sometime and renamed Tincalunas.

The Mollako name is an error.

VoltAmpere

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2011, 05:19:17 »
Copy, so "Mollako" does not exist as a canonical entry. I'll adjust the entry accordingly! You're the man, Øystein!  [notworthy]

VoltAmpere

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 05 September 2011, 09:15:41 »
Hello again! I superimposed the 3130 map and the Davion 2822 map and I see Quimper and Chirac [on the FS Crucis March near the Periphery] very close to one another but do not overlap completely. Are they different worlds or can we consider Chirac the "rediscovered" Quimper? thanks!