Author Topic: did anyone play battletech MUSE/MUX?  (Read 4503 times)

ScrewySqrl

• Sergeant
did anyone play battletech MUSE/MUX?
« on: 05 December 2011, 15:05:19 »
Just wondering if anyone remember the Battletech MU*s like Battletech 3056, Bryant, 3065, the Sim site, Varxsys, and related sites from 1993-2003 or so?

Frabby

• Major
Re: did anyone play battletech MUSE/MUX?
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2011, 15:09:38 »
Around 1995 I played one BT MUSE as Liao MechWarrior Frabartolo, but can't recall which MUSE it was. I think it was the BattleTech 3056 MUSE, but I may be wrong.

I eventually dropped out because my university uplink was too slow for the realtime combat simluator, leaving my 'Mech a sitting duck in the training exercises, and thus preventing me from ever partaking in any serious battles.

My notable exploits during the time on the MUSE included losing 3 Griffins in a row in ill-fated attempts to prove the design's superiority on the battlefield, later faring surprisingly well piloting a Crusader (a design I don't like) and eventually getting assigned a Cataphract, but never the Archer I always asked for. Despite merely mediocre combat performance (or perhaps because this was still better than than the average Liao MechWarrior) I was promoted to Subcommander, drafted into Warrior House Imarra against my wishes and given command of a Lance that had never seen combat action by the time I had to quit the game.
Ah, good times.  :)
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 05 December 2011, 15:28:59 »
3056, 3034 Bryant?, and the sim site.  4th tau ceti on 3056.  Davion on 3034.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #3 on: 05 December 2011, 16:51:52 »
Yup. Used the same name then that I do here on the forums.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

ScrewySqrl

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 05 December 2011, 17:14:33 »
those who did might recognize some names in the unit I just posed in Non Cannon Units

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2011, 14:31:56 »
I played mostly on 3056, I had an instructor character, and I tried to get Explorer Corps started towards the end of 3056's life, those were good times.

Snimm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 12 December 2011, 19:34:11 »
Played them some, but was never veteran enough to compete very well.  Enjoyed the faction servers with structured command, but players didn't have a lot of patience,either. :P
Need help getting started with Against the Bot in MekHQ?  Click here to get yourself up and running!

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=41494.msg957784#msg957784

Bonewalker

« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2012, 21:13:55 »
Used to play them. It was fun, but then I discovered Battletech Firestorm and the Muse/Mux ideas went by the wayside. :D

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: 14 March 2012, 09:28:04 »
Played plenty of them.

Mainly as:

Lance_Hawkins

But also did stints as Theme_Manager on 3056, and Hans_Jungmann on some places.