Author Topic: Unmapped, lost or misnamed systems and planets (last updated 10 November 2016)  (Read 52800 times)

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
Nice info, you really should drop that into the BT wiki.
They have a project running were this kind of info would come very handy:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/BattleTechWiki:Project_Planets

assaultdoor

• Sergeant
I know this thread is years old, but all this information needs to stay together.

There's an unnamed but apparently habitable world mentioned in "House Rules" (Strategic Operations p. 164) that I don't see on this list. The story gives its location as "coordinates 421.6, –399.2." All we see is a river delta and some native trees that look more like ferns, and the story gives the impression that the whole place is very green.

The x coordinate is similar to Badlands, but they y coordinate is off by about 50 LY.

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
 :thumbsup:

I imagine with the launch of a good number of new products, novels and a pair of video games that there might be one or two extra worlds to add to this.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2020, 20:34:55 by Dmon »

Frabby

• Major
I haven't quite kept up with the torrent of new products over the past few years so this list may not be totally up-to-date regarding recently published maps and info.

That said, I've just realized that the canonical world of Fjaldr as described in the House Arano book matches Tibolt to a t - I'd argue they might be the same world, even though there is no positive proof.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Maybe run that one by the writers?  8)

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Maybe run that one by the writers?  8)

They're never around when you need them.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Well, at least not the ones who know the answers to the questions being asked...  ^-^

CVB

• Captain
Malarn, FS backwater border world, mentioned in Periphery II (FASA 1692) pp. 18 and 86 as the headquarters world of the Citizens for Davion Purity.

Seems to be a misspelling of Mararn.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2021, 18:17:07 by CVB »
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
I know this thread is years old, but all this information needs to stay together.

It's a neverending quest. ;)
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Since someone else dug this thread up, it's worth noting that Ander's Moon is now canonically confirmed to be in the Elidere system.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!