Author Topic: 85th Striker  (Read 57014 times)

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
Re: 85th Striker
« Reply #30 on: 11 March 2011, 16:52:29 »
Too bad they won't let you capture some of those convoy vehicles. What you could do with those coolant trucks and ordnance trucks.  I'd be tempted to take them home with me and call them destroyed.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #31 on: 14 March 2011, 15:23:46 »
Chapter Thirty Five: Where is the cavalry?
Antrim Hills, Kentares IV, Kentares PDZ, Draconis March, Federated Commonwealth.
February 5, 3065

It was just before midnight and Lieutenant Oren Argentine was leading his lance away from the pursuing enemy.  They had not expected to bump into an enemy company, but surprises were a part of war.  Both he and his lancemates were hungry scared and tired. 

He kept switching sensors hoping one of them would show him where they enemy was. 
   It was a chance encounter.  They had come out of a canyon and four hundred meters south was an enemy heavy lance.  They must have been part of a recon in force, because Argentine soon had more contacts.  Not heavies, but lighter and faster battlemechs.  They had forced him to alter course to avoid an engagement. 

The night and cold slowed down the mechs.  He hoped that the minefields that had been laid by other members of the militia would slow down their pursuers.  He led his lance which was under radio silence up onto a north to south saddle.  The valley to either side had a small mine field. 

His sensors picked up as Stinger, Wasp, Phoenix Hawk and Wolvering four hundred meters south.  He realized that they saw him go up the hill and would likely be radioing to their friends his movement.  If they followed him they could avoid the mines.  If they found their way through the mines then the rest of the Third Benjamin Regulars would also. 

Argentine used the Nightsky’s arm to show a forward movement.  The fear at seeing the enemy lance woke him up more than a little bit. 

Argentine could hear the sound of jump jets and feel the shaking of the earth as battlemechs landed from their jumps. 

â€œRabbit three to one, two and four.  I have two contacts sixty meters south of me; a Wasp and a Phoenix Hawk.  A hundred and twenty meters south of me is a Wolverine and a Stinger,” said Sergeant Tukovic the pilot of the Firestarter.

One thought went through Argentines mind and that was; oh shit.  “One copies, keep moving we should be able to lose them.  Three give the forest a burst from your flamers try to burn it.”  “Three copies.”

Tukovic failed to set a fire the woods were too wet and there was too much snow.
   â€œRabbit one to three, move,”  said Argentine as he barely avoided a mine field and hoped his pursuers did not see him slide left at the last moment.  “Roger!”

â€œRabbit one to all units, stay together, do not get separated from the rest of the lance.”
   A Jenner, Spider and a Raptor appeared a hundred and eighty meters to the south.

â€œRabbit one to Waraxe nine, where the hell are you guys?”  There was a pause that was too long for Argentine’s presence.  Damned mercenaries more concerned about them selves than their clients.  He thought. 

â€œWaraxe nine hears you Rabbit one.  We are making best speed to the south east as we speak.  We are about a minute away from your area and are headed south west towards your position.  The terrain is slowing us down we should be able to get to you in about ten to fifteen minutes.”

In ten to fifteen minutes Argentine and his lance could be dead.  “Rabbit one copies,” said Argentine as he fired his large pulse laser at the enemy Phoenix Hawk.

All seven pursuing mechs managed to close in behind Argentine’s lance.  The enemy had been lucky and missed the mines. 

Tukovic’s Firestarter took hits from the Regular’s Stinger and Phoenix Hawk. 

â€œRabbit one to all Rabbits, use your jump jets to full capacity.  I do not care if we are easier to see, but we can move faster.”

More laser fire was exchanged.  Argentine manged to tag the enemy Phoenix Hawk with his large pulse laser.

Second lance jump jetted over the next hill, but the Regulars Spider stuck to them like glue. 
   â€œRabbit one to four, move to the front of the formation, I want your Stinger exposed as little as possible.”  Sergeant Stone the Stinger’s pilot happily responded. 

Argentine’s rear display caught the Spider land in one of the mine fields.  Explosions appeared to destroy one of its legs. 

“Waraxe eight to Rabbit one we have entered the area and are two kilometers north east of you on the hill by the lake that the river drains from.”

“Rabbit one to Waraxe eight we are trying to head your way.  Glad to have you here finally.”  Maybe these mercs were not so unreliable, but just in mechs with a bit of a lack of speed even though he knew the Ninety First Mech Company’s Gamma lance had a top speed of around eighty kilometers per hour.  Just get here and get these damned Dracs off my back, though Argentine.
Second lance advanced up the valley with the Regulars light and medium mechs close on their heels.  Weapons fire was exchanged, but did little damage.  Sergeant Gamble’s Phoenix Hawk was kicked by a Stinger, but he kept the machine up. 

Second lance jump jetted out of the valley and into an open are to the north, but the Regulars kept on them. 

The Regulars Phoenix Hawk landed next to Argentine’s Nightsky and Gamble’s Phoenix Hawk.  Argentine torso twisted and fired his pulse lasers. 

The Wolverine’s large pulse laser turned the right arm of Gamble’s Phoenix Hawk to scrap. “Rabbit two to all units, my mech’s right arm is gone.”  “One copies keep moving,”  said Argentine as he lashed out at the enemy Phoenix Hawk with a punch that missed.  The enemy Phoenix Hawk tried to kick him, but missed and crashed.  Argetine smiled. 

The enemy Stinger landed a kick on one of the legs of Gamble’s Phoenix Hawk.

Second lance jump jetted further to the north.  They went into a valley which took them out of the line of sight of their pursuers.  The Regulars stopped to wait for the downed Phoenix Hawk to regain its feet.  That gave Second lance a few moments. 

Once Second lance exited the north end of the valley their sensors showed no enemy contacts.  Argentine hoped it would stay that way.  Gamma lance was about a kilometer to the north east.  Argentine was also eager to have three heavy mechs and another medium with him.
A Phoenix Hawk and a Stinger appeared on top of one of the hills to the south.  They were just over three hundred meters away.  A few seconds later the Wolverine reappeared with a Wasp. 
“Rabbit one to two through four, they are still tailing us.  Keep moving and we should be able to keep out of weapon’s range.  Waraxe eight, I have you guys at four hundred meters north east of me?”

“Waraxe eight and friends are just behind the hill to your north east.”  “Good to hear eight, can you head south a bit and be something for the Regulars to bump into.” 

Mackenzie was hesitant about going into combat with the new guy Sergeant Hobbs, but he needed to put aside his doubt the do his job. 

â€œWaraxe eight copies, ten through eleven follow me.”

Second lance jump jetted onto the small hill just south west of Mackenzie’s position.  Their jump jets cut through the darkness and lowered the silhouetted battlemechs to the ground. 

â€œRabbit one to Waraxe eight, have visual on you, just give us about thirty seconds to break contact and then meet us at rendezvous point magenta.”  “Waraxe eight, wilco.  Ten, eleven and twelve form a line on me.  Let’s give second lance the time they need.  Then lets get our butts out of here before their heavies and assaults come and steam roll us.”
   â€œTen wilco.”  “Eleven roger.”  “Twelve roger.”

â€œTwelve to ten, nine and eleven I have four magscan contacts three hundred meters to the south west of our position.  They are on the other side of the hill in front of us.”  “Nine copies, we need to buy Second lance a bit of time so let’s hold here,” said Mackenzie as Second lance jump jetted past them.

A Wolverine, Phoenix Hawk, a Wasp and a Stinger jump jetted out from the cover of the hill they must not have detected Mackenzie’s lance.  “Waraxe nine to ten, eleven and twelve, fire at will.”

Mackenzie’s targeting and tracking system refused to give him a targeting solution on the Wolverine, but he fired anyways.  So did the Wolverine which missed with its large pulse laser, both short ranged missile six packs, but hit with its medium pulse laser.  All other shots from both sides missed despite them being at just over a hundred meters away from each other.

Mackenzie slammed the throttle forward and headed straight for the Wovlerine, but it jump jetted with its lancemates behind the hill.  Which was probably the smart move. 

â€œRabbit one to Waraxe eight, we are clear so you may disengage.”  “Waraxe eight copies, ten through twelve lets make best speed to point magenta.”  Mackenzie would not have called it an engagement even though his Ostsol had lost some armor.

Mackenzie turned his Ostsol around and headed north with his lancemates.  He wanted to go to bed, but it would be several hours before that could happen. 

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #32 on: 14 March 2011, 16:00:27 »

Winner is: TEAM #2

85th Striker: 0 BV remaining (from 10816 initially) 10066 BV fled
3rd Benjamin Regulars: 16675 BV remaining (from 17766 initially) 0 BV fled

Survivors are:
Avatar AV1-O (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Tai-i Natasha Cain [2/4]
Kills : 0

Banshee BNC-3E (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Shujin Ryoichi Matoke [4/5]

Shugenja SJA-7D (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Shujin Michael Smith [4/5]

Banshee BNC-3E #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Tai-i Kaede Hagiwara [4/5]

Highlander HGN-732 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Kashira Colin Pahad [4/4]

JagerMech JM6-DD (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Sho-ko Saya Amaya [3/3]

Wolverine WVR-7K (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Kashira Heichachira Imaizumi [4/5]

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1D (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Chi-i Joss Weber [4/5]

Stinger STG-3R (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Sho-ko Tokimune Matsunaga [3/4]

Wasp WSP-1A (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Kahira Al Kanno [4/5]

Jenner JR7-F (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Chi-i Takeo Morita [3/4]

Raptor RTX1-OA (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Shujin Tomoe Sonodo [3/3]

The following units are in retreat:
MechWarrior Sho-ko Torvald Ohka (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Gunnery Skill : Sho-ko Torvald Ohka [3] ( 1 hit(s) )

Nightsky NGS-4S (85th Striker)
Pilot : LT. Oren Argentine [4/4]

Stinger STG-3R (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. Tommy Stone [3/4]

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1D (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. Patrick Gamble [3/3]

Firestarter FS9-S (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. Edward Tukovic [4/4]

Quickdraw QKD-4G (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. Jeremiah Hobbs [4/4]

Crab CRB-27 (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. Seth Leonard [3/4]

Daikyu DAI-01 (85th Striker)
Pilot : MSGT. Carly Dunlop [3/4]

Ostsol OTL-4D (85th Striker)
Pilot : 1LT. Marsh Mackenzie [5/5]

Graveyard contains:
Spider SDR-5V (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Sho-ko Torvald Ohka [3/2] ( 1 hit(s) )

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #33 on: 14 March 2011, 16:01:29 »
Notes:

Both lances escaped successfully.  The Spider was salvaged by the Third Benjamin Regulars. 

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #34 on: 15 March 2011, 19:34:07 »
Situation:

While on patrol the 91st Battlemech Company from 85th Striker Mercenary Battalion has found several enemy supply and support vehicles defended by a single lance of enemy mechs and a company of infantry.  Major Klein decides to take the initiative and attack the support vehicles and destroy them before help can arrive. 

There are a total of nine support vehicles that need to be destroyed. 

Enemy forces are one lance of 3 medium mechs led by a heavy from 1st Company, 2nd Battalion, 3rd Benjamin Regulars and four heavy APCs and their company of infantry.  There are likely two more lances of enemy mechs somewhere nearby.

Mission:
Destroy enemy support vehicles and withdraw with all mechs before enemy reinforcements arrive. 

Execution:

Beta lance conducts a recon run and will then try to lure the defending lance away from the vehicles it needs to protect as Gamma and Alpha lance close into weapons range and engage and destroy the convoy. 

Service and support:
Salvage vehicles and pilot extraction available upon request. 

Command and Signal:
Callsigns are Waraxe one through twelve for the Strikers.  Chain of command is downward by rank.

85th Striker

CPLT-C185 Catapult 2/2
MAD-5D85 Marauder 2/2
VND-3L Vindicator 3/4
VTR-9K Victor 4/5
PXH-3D Phoenix Hawk 3/3
JR7-K Jenner 4/4
NGS-4T Nightsky 4/5
PXH-3K Phoenix Hawk 4/5
OTL-4D Ostsol Green 5/5
DAI-01 Daikyu 3/4
CRB-27 Crab 3/4
QDK-4G Quickdraw 4/4

3BR

Naginata NG-C3A 2/2 deploys before round 15
Charger CGR-C 2/3 deploys before round 15
Victor VTR-9C 3/3 deploys before round 15
Crusader CRD-5K 3/3 deploys before round 15
Maelstrom MTR-5K 4/5
Kintaro KTO-18 2/3
Phoenix Hawk PXH-3K 5/5
Shadow Hawk SHD-2K 3/5
Owens OW-1X 2/3 deploys before round 15
Jenner JR7-F 4/5 deploys before round 15
Hitman HM-1 4/4 deploys before round 15
Locust LCT-1V 5/5 deploys before round 15
Flatbed truck 4/5
Flatbed truck 4/5
Flatbed truck 4/5
Battlemech Recovery Vehicle 4/5
Battlemech Recovery Vehicle 4/5
M.A.S.H. Truck 4/5
M.A.S.H. Truck 4/5
J-27 Ordinance Transport 4/5
Daimyo HQ67-K 4/5
Heavy Tracked APC (LRM) 4/5
Heavy Tracked APC (SRM) 4/5
Heavy Tracked APC (SRM) 4/5
Foot Platoon (SRM) 3/3
Foot Platoon (SRM) 3/4
Foot Platoon (LRM) 2/2
Foot Platoon (MG) 3/2
Coolant Truck 135-K 4/5
Coolant Truck 135-K 4/5

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #35 on: 03 April 2011, 15:17:43 »
Chapter Thirty Six: Hunt and destroy
Antrim Hills, Kentares IV, Kentares PDZ, Draconis March, Federated Commonwealth.
February 7, 3065

Mackenzie was still groggy from the other day’s late night mission.  Today however was a depressingly sunny day.  The Ninety First Mech Company was on its way to attack some support vehicles that were only defended by an enemy medium lance. 

They were at the southern end of the Antrim hills.  Mackenzie’s Gamma lance was just behind Alpha which was going up into a saddle and then going to head to the south east where Beta lance had reported the support vehicles to be sitting around.  Beta lance had advanced into the flat area at the base of the hill. 

Major Klein intended for Beta lance to scout ahead.  Gamma lance was to head to the east while Alpha lance advanced south east.  Alpha lance would begin the attack with Beta as Gamma moved into position.  Once Gamma was in position they would advance south and attack the Regulars northern side. 

The new Lieutenant Adrian Vernon spoke over the radio.  “Waraxe five to all Waraxes.  I have contacts with the enemy vehicles up ahead.  They are on a hill a kilometer to the south west…  Looks like some of their people are enjoying the small ponds on that hill.  Mechs sighted are a Kintaro, Phoenix Hawk and a Shadow Hawk.”

â€œOne copies, advance as a unit Waraxes.”  “Five copies.”  “Nine wilco.”

Beta lance moved behind a berm for cover.  “Waraxe five to six, seven and eight advance and spread out.  Let’s try to get a better look at what the Regulars are up to.”

â€œWaraxe one to nine.”  “Nine copies.”  “Nine take your lance and head to the east at the southern end of the forest and then advance south once you are due north of the enemy’s position.  I will head south east towards them.”  “Nine wilcos, ten, eleven and twelve you heard him move.”

Vernon and Malachi headed south while Davies and Brown headed east. 

Extended ranged laser and PPC fire was exchanged along with some wasted long ranged missile shots.

Gamma lance headed east and Alpha lance headed south.  Mackenzie could see the Heavy APCs moving into positions and deploying their infantry. 

Chief Walther hit the Shadow Hawk with a PPC. 

â€œWaraxe nine to ten, eleven and twelve form up in a wedge on me.”  “Ten wilco.”  “Eleven copies.”  “Twelve roger.”

â€œWaraxe one to all units, fire at will.”  The Major ended his statement with sending a flight of long ranged missiles down range. 

Mackenzie led Gamma lance towards the hill the Regulars were on.  The hill’s west side had a small cliff that sloped down to the north.  As there was a cliff on the south western edge of the hill the northern edge was the best way to get up the hill. 

A Regulars Maelstrom was two hundred and forty meters ahead in the forest above them along with the Shadow Hawk and Phoenix Hawk and infantry.  Mackenzie’s targeting and tracking system gave him a better firing solution on the Kintaro to the north east and he fired both of the Ostsol’s torso mounted large lasers at it. 

Davies and Brown had gone over a hill to the north and were moving to the east of the Regulars position.  “Waraxe Seven to eight fire on any of those support vehicles if you can.”  “Eight wilco.”

Dunlop’s Daikyu drew the wrath of the Kintaro and the LRM infantry in the forest.  The Daikyu absorbed missile after missile in quick succession, but Dunlop kept her mech up right. 

â€œWaraxe eight to all units, scratch one J-27.”

Vernon and Malachi moved onto the southern ridge.  Davies and Brown continued to the north before starting south.
   â€œWaraxe seven to all Waraxes, looks like they have loaded up their vehicles and have started heading to the south east.”  “Waraxe one copies, go ahead and attack, but do not get too far ahead.” 

â€œWaraxe nine to ten, eleven and twelve, lets head north a bit and then start up the hill.”  “Ten wilco.”  “Twelve wilco.”  “Eleven roger.”

â€œWaraxe one to two through four, continue south after me and fire as you go.”

Gamma lance moved to the north.  Alpha continued south. 

Thirty long ranged missiles from the Major’s Catapult blasted a Heavy APC into scrap.  “Waraxe one to all units, scratch one Heavy APC.”

Mackenzie could see a pair of Heavy APCs moving to the north along with some infantry.  “Waraxe nine to ten, eleven and twelve.  Back up a bit towards the forest to the north they are moving infantry into position to block us.”

The Maelstrom, Kintaro and a platoon of long ranged missile infantry made Mackenzie their primary target.  The Ostsol was first hit by the Maelstrom’s PPC and large laser and then a storm of missiles. 

Mackenzie’s heart skipped a beat and his eyes widened with fear as over thirty missiles headed at him.  The Ostsol shook from the impacts and red warning lights lit the cockpit.  “Gyro damaged.”  Mackenzie fought the control’s, but he failed to keep the mech up.

â€œWaraxe nine to all Waraxes, I am down with a damaged gyro.”  “One copies, Ten through twelve, cover him.”  “On it one.  Waraxe ten to eleven and twelve, get into the forest where we will have some concealment.”

â€œWaraxe five to all Waraxes the enemy vehicles are headed south with the Phoenix Hawk and Shadow Hawk as guards.  Six and I are engaging.”  “One copies, take them down.”

Both Vernon and Malachi headed north up the ridge towards the Phoenix Hawk.  The enemy convoy was in the valley to the east. 

Although it went against his better judgment Mackenzie managed to get the Ostsol back on its feet.  In doing so he risked further damage to his mech, but he did not want to look bad in front of his new lancemate.  In his rear display he could see his lance mates backing away from him to the woods where they would have some concealment.

He soon regretted getting up as the Kintaro and LRM infantry sent more missiles his way.  The Ostsol was knocked back down and Mackenzie was tossed around and the neurohelmet prevented the ejection seat from spilling his brain all over the cockpit.  He saw stars and pretty colors and felt pain in his head and down his spine.

The Ostsol’s fall had smashed one of its two rear mounted medium laser and a heat sink.  The right leg was stripped of armor and its lower leg was damaged.  The left arm was now devoid of armor. 

Mackenzie knew that trying to get up with a damaged gyro was a bad idea, it was a worse idea if one of his mech’s legs was damaged which it was.  He elected to stay down.

â€œWaraxe one to two through four, form a line and keep firing.  Lets try to get the pressure off of nine.”  Alpha lance adjusted its position but only Wong and Walther had shots as trees and terrain blocked the fields of fire.

To the south Malachi realized that attacking a 3K Phoenix Hawk would not be a healthy choice for her little Jenner and she headed south east down the ridge towards the convoy, but stopped in some trees to provide her with cover. 

The Regulars Phoenix Hawk went after her and hit her Jenner with both medium pulse lasers which stripped away all the armor on the Jenner’s stubby arms.  That got her attention because if she lost both the Jenner’s arms she would lose her medium lasers and be left with only her SRM launcher.

She headed due south and ended up in front of the convoy. 

â€œWaraxe five to six head after the convoy and take cover.  Lets try to keep the Shadow Hawk and Phoenix Hawk off our backs and try to take out as many vehicles as we can.”  “Six copies.”

Davies and Brown had circled around the Regulars position and were headed south after the convoy. 

Jack winced as he watched a flight of SRMs smash into the Victor and one of them hit the cockpit. 

Jack sent thirty long ranged missiles down range and blasted a ten ton truck into scrap.  “Waraxe one to all Waraxes, scratch one truck.”

Vernon blasted the Regular’s Phoenix Hawk with his extended ranged larger laser and both medium pulse lasers. 

Vernon next followed Malachi.  It was not a good move as the Regulars Shadow Hawk moved in behind him on the ridge. 
   Vernon fired at a J-27.  Davies and Brown fired at the vehicles in the rear of the column. 

The Shadow Hawk’s PPC ate into the Jenner’s right torso and setoff the short ranged missile ammo stored there.  Next thing Malachi knew was she was flying through the air only to be stopped by the opening of a parachute.

Vernon’s lasers turned a J-27 into slag, but it hardly exploded which Vernon thought was odd, unless it was not carrying ammounition. 

A flight of missiles from the Quickdraw damaged the Kintaro’s leg. 

â€œWaraxe five to all Waraxes, six is down.”

â€œWaraxe one to two, three and four.  Move north into the woods.  Five, seven and eight attack that convoy.”  Alpha lance jump jetted just over a hundred meters and landed in a wooded area. 

Vernon jump jetted the Phoenix Hawk from the ridge he was on into a forest about a hundred and fifty meters to the south.  He twisted the mech’s torso and fired at a J-27 which was reduced to molten metal.  “Waraxe five to all unit scratch one J-27.”

The convoy moved by him with the Regulars Shadow Hawk and Phoenix Hawk close behind. 

â€œWaraxe ten to all units, I have about half armor protecting my mech’s torso and nine rounds each for my ultra fives.”  “Waraxe eleven to all units, the right side of my mech has about half armor for the torso and right arm.  My center torso also has about half armor.”

Vernon was alone, but dashed across an open area to the next forest as he pursued the convoy.  Vernon could feel the Phoenix Hawk was running hotter than it should.  Checking the damage display he realized his engine was damaged from a rear breached torso.  The Regulars Phoenix Hawk was just sixty meters behind him.

As Sergeant Brown moved her Phoenix Hawk into the valley the Regulars Shadow Hawk moved out of the forest to engage her.  It was a bad move as the 2K Shadow Hawk’s PPC and LRM-5 were no good within a hundred and twenty meters.  It shot past her at Davies’ Nightsky.

Klein and Dunlop attacked the Regulars infantry with long ranged weapons fire.  Walther and Fitzpatrick attacked the Maelstrom hitting it with a gauss rifle round and two  PPCs, but the Maelstrom did not fall. 

Davies moved just in behind a coolant truck which responded by hitting him with both flamers.  One stream of napalm coated the Nightsky’s cockpit.  The Shadow Hawk’s PPC slammed into the Nightsky’s center torso.  Davies screamed with fear over the radio before bringing the Nightsky’s hatchet through the coolant vehicle. 

Vernon took a hit from the Daimyo mobile HQ’s large laser and the Regular’s Phoenix Hawk’s extended ranged large laser and medium pulse laser. 

Realizing his predicament Vernon headed west. 

â€œWaraxe eight to all units.  I have new contacts one kilometer to the east of my position.  I have a Crusader and a Charger-C.” 

Jack heard that as he watched the infantry start to board their heavy APCs.  The Maelstrom and Kintaro were breaking contact. 

Brown and Davies chased the convoy out of the valley and were starting around a corner.  The Shadow Hawk had backed up to the south and Davies went right at it as Brown moved a bit to the east and fired her lasers at the Phoenix Hawk in the woods just over a hundred meters east. 

The Regulars Shadow Hawk and Phoenix Hawk headed east.  Davies and Brown kept after them. 

â€œWaraxe one to two through four and ten through eleven.  Take the hill that the Regulars are retreating from.”  “Ten is on it.  Eleven and twelve you heard him, move.”

An extended ranged large laser shot from Brown’s Phoenix Hawk lanced into the Regulars Phoenix Hawk’s center torso destroying the engine and sending bits of it flying all over.

Davies came up behind the Shadow Hawk and fired his lasers into its rear armor.  The Shadow Hawk’s rear armor was breached and its LRM-5 was destroyed with a heat sink.  It lost its balance and fell down.

Davies brought the Nightsky’s hatchet down and crushed armor on the Shadow Hawk’s right torso.

â€œWaraxe seven to all units.  New contacts; a Naginata and a Victor are with the Crusader and Charger.  Distance is six hundred meters to the east on the large hill.”

â€œOne copies, six, seven and eight fall back.”  “Five copies, we are headed your way one.”

The Regulars Shadow Hawk managed to regain its feet and headed east.

Gamma lance fired at a platoon of infantry that had to be left behind as its APC had been destroyed. 

Alpha lance moved up onto the hill and so did Gamma lance.  Alpha lance ended up by the left behind platoon.  “Waraxe one to two through four kill that platoon.”  Laser fire quickly dispatched the platoon as it kept up a steady stream of heavy machine gun fire against Alpha lance. 

Vernon headed north along the ridge.  To the east he could see the smoldering hulks that had once been vehicles.
The Regulars Kintaro limped to the east.  The Maelstrom led the three heavy APCs in the same direction. 

Davies and Brown advanced north up the valley and fired at the Maelstrom. 

The Kintaro took a pounding from mechs from Alpha and Gamma lances.  One of Walther’s PPCs took out its left leg and it went down. 

Alpha lance advanced into the saddle of the hill.  They turned south so that they could see into the valley.  Jack watched the lance of Regulars lights dash west behind the southern end of the ridge. 

Brown and Davies were near the northern end of the valley and watched the Maelstrom head to the east.  They jump jetted onto the base of the hill so they could hit it, but ended up in front of the retreating Heavy APCs. 

Brown and Davies burned armor from the Maelstrom and Brown was lucky to only lose armor to the Maelstrom’s medium pulse laser as it missed with is extended ranged PPC and extended ranged large laser.

Davies kicked an APC, but did not breach its armor.

“Waraxe one to ten move your lance just to the west side of the hill and hold position.”  “Waraxe ten copies, eleven and twelve follow me.”

Vernon fired one of his large lasers at a retreating Heavy APC and destroyed it.  Infantry crawled out to prevent themselves from being burned to death. 

Both Brown and Davies backed up onto the hill as the two remaining heavy APC sped past them.  Brown’s Phoenix Hawk was hit by a dozen short ranged missiles from the infantry before concentrated weapons fire wiped them out.

Vernon moved north west behind the hill Alpha lance was south of.  Brown and Davies chased after the Maelstrom.

One kilometer to the south west of Alpha lance and hiding in a forest were a Jenner, Owens, Locust and a Hitman. 

Jack did not know where the newly arrived mixed lance was heading and from experience he knew that enemy light lances were always going to be sneaky.  The Regulars light lance was hiding in a forest just outside of weapons range to the south west to get attention as the newly arrived lance was likely moving into position. 

“Waraxe one to all Waraxes, form up on my position.  Ten through eleven, you guys stay where you are at.  Five, seven and eight I want you guys to guard our tails.”  “Five copies, seven and eight form up on me.”  “Ten copies, eleven and twelve hold position.”

Brown and Davies ceased their east ward path after the Maelstrom and surviving APCs and headed west towards the hill Alpha lance was on.

The Regulars light lance headed north west. 

Looking south into the valley Jack could see the burning remains of destroyed vehicles.  He smiled with satisfaction for a second.  Glancing to his left he could see the Maelstrom escorting the surviving APCs to the east.  As much as he wanted the Maelstrom for salvage with the arrival of the Regulars lights he wanted his fast medium mechs in a position that could counter them. 

“Waraxe ten to all Waraxes the Regulars light lance is heading north.”  “One copies, keep your lance in position ten.  Six move your lance to cover our tails.  Four get up front, two get on four’s right, three to the left and I will take the far left.  That heavy lance is coming this way and I want to be ready for them.”

“Six will comply.”  “Ten rogers.”  Alpha lance adjusted their position.

“Waraxe two to all Waraxes, the Regulars Crusader is coming around the sidewall of the valley.  Distance is six hundred and seventy meters.”  Walther punctuated his statement by firing both of his extended ranged particle projection cannons down range.  Both shots hit the Crusader’s right arm and stripping it of armor.  Fitzpatrick sent a gauss rifle round down range, but missed. 

The Crusader’s friends the Naginata, Victor and Charger advanced into the valley to support it.  Feeling a bit out matched Jack was beginning to have the it is time to fall back feeling, but not before sending some more missiles down range.

Jack punched up the magnification on one of his displays.  He targeted the Victor and pounded it with eighteen out of thirty missiles.  “Waraxe one to two through four, fire at will.”

After Dunlop missed the Owens with a few long ranged shots from her extended ranged PPC, dual ultra five class autocannons and her LRM-5 rack the Regulars light lance cut to the west to get behind a hill.

Shit, shit, shit, said Jack as he was missed by just over two thirds of the Naginata’s missiles and extended ranged PPC. 
Wong’s Vindicator took a full spread of twenty missiles from the Charger.  Both Victor’s missed each other with their gauss rifles.  Walther smacked a PPC into the Crusader’s center torso. 

Jack had lost a Jenner and possibly the Ostsol and did not want to lose another mech.  He knew the by engaging the heavy lance he was risking Alpha lance.  Avoid pitched battles as Sun Tzu said.

“Waraxe one to two through four lets head to the northwest.  Waraxe ten and five move to the north west also.  Five, be ready to intercept their lights.”  “Five copies.”  “Ten wilco.”

Jack jump jetted the Catapult to the north east and landed near the top of the hill.  His lancemates following suit.  He rotated the missile launchers so that they faced to the rear and he fired at the Naginata and missed.  The Naginata hit the Catapult with a PPC shot and fifteen long range missiles out of forty five. 

The Regulars heavy lance followed.  Jack sent another volley of missiles down range at the Crusader.   He realized he only had a ton of ammo left for his launchers.  Only nine of them hit.  At least the barrage of sixty missiles the Crusader fired in response missed the Catapult completely. 

Beta lance was first off the hill.  Gamma lance followed and Alpha lance was taking sweep. 

Fitzpatrick’s Victor was hit by just over twenty missiles from the Naginata and fell down.  Fitzpatrick got the Victor back up after a few seconds and then headed north west down the hill with the rest of the company.

The Regulars heavy lance started up the ridge on the western side of the valley they were going through. 

“Waraxe five to seven and eight, follow me to the south west.”  Beta lance moved to the south west where they would have angles of fire on the Regulars light lance which was moving out to the east from behind a small hill. 

In the valley just under four hundred meters to the west Vernon could see the Regulars light lance emerging.  Laser fire was exchanged with no hits. 

Alpha lance jump jetted off the hill after Gamma lance. 

As the Regulars light lance dashed behind a hill Beta lance went up the hill.  Vernon realized that the move had taken his lance into the path of the Regulars heavies which Beta lance was out of their weapons range.

Davies and Brown snapped off shots with their extended ranged large lasers at the Jenner as it moved to cover, but only Davies hit.

“Waraxe five to six and seven get to the other side of the hill.”  Beta lance ran and jump jetted into position just as the Regulars light lance went past them.

“Waraxe ten to eleven and twelve head south a bit so we can get shots at those lights.”  Gamma lance moved about two hundred meters south. 

Both Victors traded gauss rifle shots, but Regulars Victor nailed Fitzpatrick’s Victor in the center torso. 
Beta lance and the Regulars light lance traded ineffective weapons fire.

Vernon realized that he was being baited into chasing the lights into the waiting guns of the Regulars heavies on the ridge to the east.  “Waraxe five to six and seven, let’s head north.”  Vernon fired his jump jets and landed on the north side of the hill.  Davies and Brown did the same. 

Walther sent a PPC down range that slagged the Crusader’s right arm.  In return he was hit by twenty five missiles from the Naginata and Crusader. 

“Waraxe one to all Waraxes form up on my position.”

The Strikers started to form up.  The Regulars heavies moved off the ridge and into the plain to the west. 
Jack flipped his missile launchers to the rear and fired at the Jenner six hundred meters to the south of his position.  Only a dozen of twelve missiles hit, but it hitting a fast light mech at range was usually no easy feat. 

Wong’s PPC and LRM-5 blasted armor from the Locust.  In return Wong took a spread of fifteen LRMs from the Naginata which missed with its other two launchers and PPC. 

“Waraxe one to two, three and four, lets move into the small forest just to the west.  Waraxe ten, eleven and twelve do so also, but make an east to west of the forest.  Five move to the northern base of the hill that you are on.  Also only fire your ammunition dependent weapons on what you have a good chance of hitting.”  “Ten moving.”  “Five copies.”

Alpha lance jump jetted into the forest.  Gamma lance moved into the opening on their right.  Beta lance moved behind a hill and then started a bit to the east.  Gamma lance moved into the woods just to the west. 

The Regulars lights started heading west.  Their heavy lance headed towards Alpha lance. 

“Waraxe one to all Waraxes, attack whatever you have the best chance of hitting,” said Jack as he fired his second to last volley of LRMs at the Naginata.  Only nine hit which was irritating to Jack, but the Naginata missed him with fourty five LRMs and the Crusader missed him with a volley of thirty medium ranged missiles.

Walther’s PPCs breached the left torso armor of the Regulars Victor and set off its ammunition.  The pilot ejected before the Victor sent itself all over the landscape.  “Waraxe two to all units, scratch one Victor.” 

The Regulars heavy lance backed off a bit.  Their light lance headed south east towards the heavies.

“Waraxe five to six and seven, follow their lights.”  Beta lance headed south. 

“Waraxe ten to eleven and twelve, advance south.”

Jack targeted the Naginata for his last salvo of long ranged missiles and hit with all but six.  Walther fired his PPCs at the Owens and missed.  Wong sent a PPC bolt and flight of five LRMs at the Locust .  Fitzpatrick hit the Naginata’s left torso with his gaussrifle.  Dunlop’s autocannons ate into the Jenner’s center torso.   

The Naginata torso twisted to its left and fired its PPC and three LRM-15s at Dunlop’s Daikyu.  Just under thirty missiles blasted armor from the Daikyu and the mech almost fell over, but Dunlop kept the mech upright. 

Jack checked the status of the mechs of his company on one of his MFDs.  It was time to disengage.  Chief Walther spoke over the radio.  “Two to one.”  “One copies, go ahead.”  “One we have taken a beating, I advise you to get us out.”  “Was just about to give that order Chief.”

“Waraxe one to all Waraxes, form up on my position.  We are pulling back.  Ten, eleven and twelve grab nine’s mech and drag it home.”  “Five wilco.”  “Ten is headed to get nine.” 

The Charger and Naginata sent over sixty missiles at the Quickdraw and a good portion of them hit blasting away its armor and destroying one of its jump jets.  Hobbs failed to keep the mech on its feet and it crashed to the ground.  Walther zapped the Charger with both PPCs and it fell down. 

Both the Charger and Quickdraw regained their feet after a few seconds.

Gamma lance picked up and started dragging Mackenzie’s Ostsol.  Next the whole company withdrew to the west. 

« Last Edit: 06 April 2011, 10:37:57 by Demon55 »

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #36 on: 03 April 2011, 15:18:31 »
85th Striker: 0 BV remaining (from 21862 initially) 17396 BV fled
3rd Benjamin Regulars: 8292 BV remaining (from 27864 initially) 8379 BV fled

Survivors are:
Naginata NG-C3A (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Tai-sa Clifford Allen [2/2] ( 1 hit(s) )

Charger CGR-C (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Sho-ko Mikio O [2/3]

Crusader CRD-5K (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Chi-i Yuji Suzuki [4/4]

MechWarrior SSGT. Patty Malachi (85th Striker)
Gunnery Skill : SSGT. Patty Malachi [4]

MechWarrior Sho-ko Yoshio Yoshida (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Gunnery Skill : Sho-ko Yoshio Yoshida [2] ( 1 hit(s) )

MechWarrior 1LT. Marsh Mackenzie (85th Striker)
Gunnery Skill : 1LT. Marsh Mackenzie [5] ( 2 hit(s) )

Battlemech Recovery Vehicle #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Driver : Unnamed [4/5]

M.A.S.H. Truck (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Flatbed Truck #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

J-27 Ordance Transport (+ Trailer) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Daimyo HQ 67-K (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

M.A.S.H. Truck #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Shujin Marsha Gray [3/5] ( 1 hit(s) )
Kills : 1

Maelstrom MTR-5K (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Chi-i Toshi Takahashi [4/5]

Coolant Truck (135-K) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Foot Platoon (SRM) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Gunnery Skill : Unnamed [3]

Heavy Tracked APC (LRM) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Foot Platoon (LRM) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Gunnery Skill : Unnamed [2]

Heavy Tracked APC (LRM) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

MechWarrior Tai-i Katie Narita (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Gunnery Skill : Tai-i Katie Narita [3] ( 1 hit(s) )

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D (85th Striker)
Pilot : 2LT. Adrian Vernon [3/3]
Kills : 3

Nightsky NGS-4T (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. William Davies [4/5] ( 1 hit(s) )
Kills : 2

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3K (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. Sara Brown [4/5]

Owens OW-1C (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Chi-i Mark Ito [2/3]

Jenner JR7-F (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Sho-kar Corinna McFadden [4/5]

Hitman HM-1 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Shujin Derek Walker [4/4]

Locust LCT-1V (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Shujin Chris Hamlet [5/5]

Pilot : SGT. Seth Leonard [3/4]

Catapult CPLT-C185 (85th Striker)
Pilot : MAJ. Jack Klein [2/2]

Marauder MAD-5D85 (85th Striker)
Pilot : CMSGT. Mark Walther [2/2]

Vindicator VND-3L (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. Tseng Fu Wong [3/4] ( 1 hit(s) )

Victor VTR-9K (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. James Fitzpatrick [4/5] ( 1 hit(s) )

Graveyard contains:
J-27 Ordance Transport (+ Trailer) #4 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Destroyed by Phoenix Hawk PXH-3K (85th Striker)

Heavy Tracked APC (SRM) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Destroyed by Catapult CPLT-C185 (85th Striker)

Battlemech Recovery Vehicle (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Flatbed Truck #3 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

J-27 Ordance Transport (+ Trailer) #3 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Destroyed by Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D (85th Striker)

Flatbed Truck (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

J-27 Ordance Transport (+ Trailer) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Coolant Truck (135-K) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Destroyed by Nightsky NGS-4T (85th Striker)

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3K (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Shujin Hisao Sato [5/5]

Foot Platoon (MG) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Gunnery Skill : Unnamed [3] ( 6 hit(s)  )
Destroyed by Marauder MAD-5D85 (85th Striker)

Kintaro KTO-18 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Sho-ko Yoshio Yoshida [2/3] ( 1 hit(s) )

Pilot : 1LT. Marsh Mackenzie [5/5] ( 2 hit(s) )

Heavy Tracked APC (SRM) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Foot Platoon (SRM) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Gunnery Skill : Unnamed [3] ( 6 hit(s)  )

Victor VTR-9C (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Tai-i Katie Narita [3/3] ( 1 hit(s) )

The following utterly destroyed units are not available for salvage:
Jenner JR7-D (85th Striker)
Pilot : SSGT. Patty Malachi [4/4]
Destroyed by Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Detailed unit status saved to entitystatus.txt

Victor VTR-9C (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Tai-i Katie Narita [3/3] ( 1 hit(s) )

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #37 on: 03 April 2011, 15:25:26 »
I am considering this one a technical victory for the Strikers with 8 of 14 convoy vehicles destroyed.  The Jenner is a loss, but with any luck I will be able to salvage a JR7-F to replace it. 

The downed PXH-3K had its engine destroyed so it will take some work for the Regulars to get it going again.  The Kintaro was pretty much shot to hades and the Victor was destroyed so they are both losses to the Regulars. 
« Last Edit: 06 April 2011, 11:04:46 by Demon55 »

Darren

• Corporal
  • Courage is acting in the face of fear...
« Reply #38 on: 19 April 2011, 17:25:39 »
That was a tough fight.  As the saying goes "we can't afford to many victories like that one!"

Still, not to shabby. 
Courage is acting in the face of fear.  Without fear, there an be no courage.  Face your fear, gentlemen.  Be courageous!  - Capt. Armstrong

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #39 on: 21 April 2011, 15:32:56 »
Keep plugging away at it. You're still gaming - right now - more than I am, lol.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #40 on: 25 April 2011, 13:22:50 »
Armor, spare parts and ammo are going to start getting short for the Strikers soon.  Also I am having to do battles for the militia units to keep track of everything.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #41 on: 13 May 2011, 15:01:33 »
Any chance for a newer update?

Even if you can't have use an item, you could still be able to salvage and maybe rig a part or two out of them. Do you have any infantry or locals willing to be infantry? Sounds like a supply raid is in order. Your mechs create a diversion while they slip in, it takes only one J-27 and trailer to make it happen.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #42 on: 14 May 2011, 15:04:37 »
I have been pretty busy with school work. 

I am doing some battles with the 3BR versus the militia right now to get a better strategic picture because waiting around for the 10th Lyran to come will be lame. 

A raid will be a good idea. 

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #43 on: 23 June 2011, 14:16:16 »
The next mission is to steal supplies from a supply dump.  The Ninety First Mech Company is going with the Sixtieth Infantry Company along with three platoons of locals as riflemen (being carried in flatbeds) and several J-27s. 

As the Strikers and militia both need ammo and armor they are attacking a 3rd Benjamin Regulars supply depot.  The weather is clear.  Temperature is 25 degrees C.  Terrain is generally hill with more open terrain to the south.
Attacking force will head south to the supply depot and engage and destroy any defenders or drive them off.  After the defenders have been destroyed or driven off militia infantry and the Strikers infantry will seize the supplies and load them into the J-27s and flatbed trucks.  Next all attacking units will retreat to the north before the supply depot can be retaken. 

85th Striker and attached militia
CPLT-1C85 2/2
MAD-5D85 2/2
VND-3L 3/4
HBK-5G 4/4
PXH-3D 3/3
NGS-4T 4/5
PXH-3K 4/5
OTL-4D 5/5
DAI-O1 3/4
CRB-27 3/4
QKD-4G 4/4
Maxim Heavy Hover Transport 4/5
Maxim Heavy Hover Transport 5/6
Maxim Heavy Hover Transport 4/3
Foot Platoon (Rifle) 4/5
Foot Platoon (SRM) 3/3
Foot Platoon (LRM) 3/3
J-27 Ordinance Transport + Trailer 4/5
Flatbed Truck 4/5
Flatbed Truck 4/5
Flatbed Truck 4/5
Flatbed Truck 4/5
Foot Platoon (Rifle) 4/5
Foot Platoon (Rifle) 4/5
Foot Platoon (Rifle) 4/5

3rd Benjamin Regulars (expected resistance)

Manticore Heavy Tank 4/5
Manticore Heavy Tank 4/5
Tokugawa Heavy Tank 4/5
Tokugawa Heavy Tank 4/5
Goblin Medium Tank (Kurita) 4/5
Goblin Infantry Support Vehicle 4/5
Goblin Medium Tank (Kurita) 4/5
Foot Platoon (Laser) 4/5
Foot Platoon (Flamer) 4/5
Foot Platoon (MG) 4/5
Foot Platoon (MG) 4/5
Coolant Truck (135-K) 4/5
Coolant Truck (135-K) 4/5
Daimyo HQ 67-K 4/5
Foot Platoon Rifle 4/5

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: 23 June 2011, 20:21:13 »
I like how you put Expected Resistance.
When does expectation ever equal reality. }:)
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #45 on: 23 June 2011, 22:06:43 »
Expectations are seldom reality.  Also the KIV DMM's First Mech Company of their First Mech Battalion is feinting an attack on an Overlord to the east.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #46 on: 18 July 2011, 10:10:56 »
Chapter Forty: Neville’s Cross
Southern edge of the Antrim Hills, Kentares IV, Kentares PDZ, Draconis March, Federated Commonwealth.
February 10, 3065

If there had been one nice thing about the morning it would have been the sunrise, which unfortunately was half an hour earlier that it was expected to be.  So the attack force was no longer advancing under the cover of darkness, but the light did allow them to pick up some speed.
One of the J-27s had slipped a track and that had taken about half an hour to repair.  There had been no news on the planned diversionary attack against the Third Benjamin Regulars Overlord located six kilometers to the east of the supply depot.  Had the attack happened or had it not? 

Once the attack force had moved into a position that was two kilometers north of the supply depot that was their target they had been waiting.  As Mackenzie looked at his external vewiers he could see the other mechs and the ground vehicles.  Leonard’s Crab and Hobbs’ Quickdraw slowly swung their torsos left and right scanning for targets.

â€œPug One to Spatha One, do you copy over?”  Pug One was the commander of the KIV DMM’s First Mech Company of their First Mech Battalion. 

About time, though the grumpy Mackenzie.  Major Klein answered.  “Pug One, Spatha One copies.”  “Pug One to Spatha One, Pugs are doing their job.  Neville’s Cross.  Spatha One, I repeat Neville’s Cross.”  “Spatha One copies Pug One.  Spatha One to all Spathas, Ottos, Drops, Wheels, Looters and Pests.  Neville’s Cross.  Let’s move.”

Spathas were the callsigns of the Ninety First Mech Company.  Ottos were the Sixtieth Infantry Company.  Looters were the J-27s.  Drops were the Maxims of Fourth Lance.  The Pests were the militia infantry.  Wheels were the flatbeds that were carrying the militia infantry.     

Alpha Lance took the lead guarding the front of the convoy which was a row of J-27s next to a row of the flatbed trucks.  The three Maxims were behind the wheeled and tracked vehicles.  Gamma Lance ran sweep and Beta Lance was to the east and heading due south to get a look ahead. 

There was a large hill behind the formation and another large hill to the west.  To the south and the east there were a series of small wooded hills and valleys south of which was the supply depot. 

Sergeant Sara Brown had moved her Phoenix Hawk to the south and was near the base of a large hill to the east of the supply depot.  About six hundred meters south east of her position was the supply depot.  She zoomed in with one of her mech’s cameras.  She saw two Manticores, four Goblin ISVs, two Tokugawas, 2 coolant trucks and three J-27 ammunition haulers.  There were seven small buildings the northern three looked occupied as there were observers scanning with binoculars. 

One looked directly at her and then spoke into a walkie talkie.  That sent a chill down her spine. 

She spoke over the radio. “Spatha Seven to all units, I have contacts at six hundred to seven hundred meters south of my position.  I see two Manticores, four Goblin ISVs, two Tokugawas, 2 coolant trucks and three J-27 Ordance Transport Tractors.  Also it looks like there are some infantry in the area, but they must be behind cover.”

â€œSpatha One copies, good work seven, keep an eye on them and do not get too close.”  “Wilco.” 

In the rear of the convoy Mackenzie could see Alpha Lance change its formation twice as it headed south from a wedge to a diamond and then to a file as the valley narrowed.  The mechs could have gone up on the sides of the hill, but that would have made them more visible.  Beta Lance had already been spotted, but the rest of the force remained hidden behind the hills.  With any hope Beta Lance would just be considered scouts. 

â€œSpatha Six to all units, I am six hundred and sixty meters south of the position of Drops and Looters.  Just east of my position is a wooded hill that Ottos can deploy on to protect our rear.”  “Otto One copies, I am checking the map.” 

â€œOtto One to Spatha One.”  “Spatha One copies, go ahead.”  “Spatha One, the location specified by Spatha Six looks good, request permission to have Drops take us there?”  “Spatha One to Ottos and Drops, permission is granted.”

Mackenzie watched the Maxim Heavy Hover Transports cut to the east through a drainage and disappear from sight.

The attack force continued to the south until Major Klein pointed the boxy missiled launchers that were his Catapult’s arms skyward.  It was the signal for hold.  The Maxims skidded past him and one of them slalomed left and right, but at least it did not run into anything or manage to get itself stuck in one of the wooded areas.

â€œSpatha Six to Seven and Eight rendezvous at Six’s position.”

Checking his map display Mackenzie realized that he was just over a kilometer north of the enemy’s position. 

Major Klein pointed the missile launchers forward and moved south with Alpha Lance.  The convoy vehicles followed and Gamma Lance protected the rear.  The three mechs of Beta Lance moved east to link up with Sergeant Brown.

As Gamma Lance moved south Mackenzie could see past the mechs up ahead at could see some of the tanks defending the supply depot.  The element of surprise had been lost and their weapons were not in range of the enemy yet.  At least they were also outside of the enemy’s weapon’s ranges thought Mackenzie.

It was a thought that turned out to be true only for his lance as Major Klein sent thirty missiles streaming towards the enemy.  Wong fired his PPC and small long ranged missile rack.

Beta Lance fired also.  Vernon smilled as his extended ranged large laser vaporized an infantry soldier who was foolishly not behind enough cover.

â€œSpatha One to Two through Four head east into the woods on the hill.”  Alpha lance moved towards the nearby position which was just infront of the Maxims which were unloading their infantry.

â€œSpatha One to Eight, take your lance and the convoy and go around the hill to the south west of your position.”  “Eight copies.  Wheels and Looters you heard One, head west.  Spathas Nine through Eleven take up defensive positions around them.”

Through his left side camera Mackenzie could see Alpha Lance and the Regulars tanks exchange shots. 

â€œSpatha Four to all units, I took a PPC hit, my armor is holding.”  “Spatha Five to all units, I took a LBX scatter shot, but my armor is not breached.”  “One copies, keep your lance moving Five and try to stay out of their weapons range.”  “Five wilco.”   

Alpha Lance moved into the woods on the hill and the dismounted infantry moved up behind them.

Jack sent thirty missiles down range at a Goblin, but they went too far and smashed into a small single story building which collapsed.  A few infantry soldiers managed to run out of the building before it collapsed and boarded a Goblin. 

One of the Manticores sent a PPC bolt into the Catapult’s right leg stripping away half of the armor. 

Both Manticores and a Tokugawa moved a hundred meters north towards a wooded area.  The other Tokugawa and a Goblin moved north to attack Beta Lance.

“Spatha One to Two through four, move east to the next hill.  Ottos, move into defensive positions.”  “Otto One copies.”  Alpha Lance moved east down the hill.  The Striker infantry moved into the woods and took up positions. 

Alpha Lance exchanged fires with the heavy tanks with Beta Lance. 

â€œSpatha Five to Six and Seven, head south two hundred meters.”  Beta Lance headed south which put a small wooded area between them and the eastern Tokugawa and Goblin ans also kept them out of the weapon ranges of vehicles in the supply depot. 

The Tokugawa and Goblin anticipated the move and backed up just under a hundred meters which kept Beta Lance out of their back field.

The Tokugawa and two Manticores that engaged Alpha lance headed north. 

Mackenzie noticed that Hobbs and Leonard were too far ahead.  “Spatha Eight to Ten and Eleven get back to my position.”  “Ten wilco.”  “Eleven roger.”

Alpha and Beta Lance exchanged more shots with the tanks, but neither side was able to bring down a warmachine. 

Alpha Lance moved onto the wooded hill to the east of the hill occupied by Captain Owen and his infantry company.  A small valley only thirty meters wide separated the two hills.  “Spatha One to Two through Three, fire at will.  Four stay behind cover.” 

The two Manticores and Tokugawa wisely chose not to chase after the mechs.

Beta Lance headed further to the south on the western foot of a large hill. 

More weapons fire was exchanged.  Missiles flew past each other as autocannons thundered and lasers flashed, but nothing went down. 

To the southeast by the base of the large hill Lieutenant Vernon’s radar alerted him to the presence of a quartet of hostiles.  Glancing up he saw two long ranged missiles carriers, a Demolisher and a Zhukov.  His heart skipped a beat and he felt a teenager whose parents caught him looking at the forbidden magazines. 

â€œSPATHA FIVE TO SIX AND SEVEN HEAD NORTH EAST, NOW!  All units, I have new contacts.  Contacts are one hundred and fifty meters south east of my current position, two LRM carriers, a Demolisher and a Zhukov!”

Beta Lance headed northeast which moved them out of the line of fire of the LRM carriers, Demolisher and Zhukov. 

Jack noticed the new contacts.  The new heavy and assault tank lance was just over six hundred meters south of his position. 

â€œSpatha One copies, get out of there and keep your speed up.”  Seven hundred meters to the southeast of Alpha Lance Jack could see two Myrmidons and two Vedettes heading northwest before they moved back in behind a hill.  They were heading for Gamma Lance and the convoy. 

â€œSpatha One to Eight, you have two Myrmidons and two Vedettes headed your way.”  “Spatha Eight copies.”  Mackenzie felt anxious as now he not only had to protect his lance, but also the convoy.  He hoped he was not about to screw up. 

â€œSpatha Eight to Nine, Ten and Eleven, get ready to defend the convoy.  Eight, Nine and Ten, hold your positions.  Looters and Wheels, hold for the moment, but be ready to head north at my command.”  “Wheel One copies.”  “Looter One copies.”

More weapons fire was exchanged.  This time the Catapult took a PPC hit to its right leg from a Manticore.  The machine almost fell over, but Jack kept it on its feet.  “Warning hip damaged said the computer.”  On the damage display the hip flashed red.  He noticed that the top speed had been reduced to just over thirty kilometers per hour.  “Spatha One to all units, my mech has taken hip damage

Fitzpatrick’s Hunchback took hits from an LRM barrage from one of the LRM carriers.  “Spatha Four to One, I have lost most of the armor on my mech’s left arm and left torso.”  “Spatha One copies, move behind cover and stay there.”  “WILCO!”

â€œSpatha One to Two through four, head north to the edge of this hill.”  Alpha Lance did so with the exception of Fitzpatrick who had to go around.  As they backed up Alpha Lance fired at the LRM carriers.

â€œSpatha Five to Six and Seven jump jet to the north onto the far side of the hill,” said Vernon as he realized that the heavy tank lance had shifted to the north and he was barely missed by a LB-20X shot.  Beta Lance jump jetted north, but were still not far enough away for Vernon’s comfort.  At least they were at the very edge of the Demolishers maximum range and it held its fire as did the Zhukov.  Each LRM carrier fired fillig the air with sixty missiles each.  However the gods of marksmanship were not in favor of them and they all missed. 

Mackenzie watched two Myrmidons and two Vedettes cross the opening of the valley to the south.  They are here to attack the convoy or to draw my lance away from the convoy.  I need to stay with the convoy.  “Spatha Eight to Nine and Ten, move a bit to the west to keep those tanks off the convoy.”  “Eight copies.”  “Nine wilco.”

Jack sent thirty missiles at an LRM carrier, but only nine hit.  Walther’s dual extended ranged PPCs burned through the armor of another LRM carrier and destroyed it.  “Spatha Two scratch one LRM carrier.” 

Jack decided to risk a jump and jump jetted the Catapult into a wooded valley just north of his position.     

â€œSpatha Three to all units, my right torso armor is almost breached and my right leg is at less than fifty percent armor.”  “Spatha One copies.” 

Jack brought up the damage display for the machines under his command.  His Catapult was hurting, Fitzpatrick’s Hunchback had severe armor damage on two locations and so did Wong’s Vindicator. 

â€œSpatha Five to Six and Seven, jump jet again over the stream.”  Beta Lance did so which put more distance between them and the LRM carrier, Demolisher and Zhukov.

Jack knew that he and his unit could be in a lot of trouble very quickly.  They had walked into a sloppy ambush and were now moving out of the enemy’s weapon’s range.  A little voice in his head told him not to attack again.  “Spatha One to Five keep heading to my lance.  Eight move with Looters and Wheels to the north.” 

Gamma Lance and the vehicles moved north out of the valley.

â€œFive is already on it.”  “Eight wilco.”  “Looter One copies.”  “Wheel One copies.”

Both Manticores and Tokugawas advanced north again. 

Beta Lance combined extended ranged large laser fire on the remaining LRM carrier and took it down.  “Spatha Seven to all units, the second LRM carrier is down.”

â€œDrop One to Two and Three head west around the hill and then go south into the valley.”  Jack realized that if the Maxims engaged they would be facing three heavy tanks.    It was a risk, but he did not like the idea of leaving Captain Owen and his men and women against three heavy tanks. 

Both Jack and Fitzpatrick were behind cover.  The hill that the infantry and Maxims were on prevented the tanks from being able to shoot at some of them. 

Alpha Lance, Fourth Lance and the Sixtieth Infantry Company exchanged weapons fire.  Nothing went down except for Private Lancaster who was vaporized by a medium laser shot from one of the Manticores.

â€œSpatha Three to all units, my right torso is breached.  I am dumping my LRM ammo.”  “Spatha One to Two through Four, get on the hill just to the west and support Drops and Pests.”  They did so, Fitzpatrick moved into the forest just south of the hill so he could bring his autocannon twenty into play.

â€œSpatha Five to Six and Seven head south west so we can support our comrades.”
   The Manticores and Tokugawa moved slightly east and faced west.  “Otto One to Drops One through Three, get…  OFF THE HILL!”  “Drop One copies.”  The trio of Maxims dashed down the western side of the saddle. 

Swinging the torso of the Catapult to the south Jack locked his missiles onto the southern most Manticore and fired. 

Both the Striker SRM and LRM platoons attacked the Tokugawa with their missiles.  Alpha Lance attacked the tanks, but nothing on either side went down.

â€œOtto One to all units, I have eight down.”  “Otto Two to all units, I have five down.” 

Checking his display Jack noticed that Beta Lance was in a position where it could be moved in behind the attacking Regulars tanks.  “Spatha One to Five, move your lance to the south west and attack those tanks from behind.”  “Five is one it.  Six and Seven follow me.”

â€œOtto One to Two and Three head north out of the woods to the pick up point.  Drops pick us up and get ready to carry wounded.”  “Otto Two copies.”  “Otto Three is on it.”  “Drop One is moving to specified area.”

The Maxims moved in to pick up the infantry.  Once the infantry finished boarding they headed west into a valley for cover. 

After moving the convoy to the north between the large hill to the west and the smaller saddled hill to the east Mackenzie looked south and could see two Myrmidon and two Vedettes on a hill five hundred meters south.

â€œSpatha Eight to Nine through Eleven, target the Myrmidons and Vedettes, five hundred meters south west of us, if they are in range of any of your weapons.” 

More weapons fire was exchanged and Fitzpatrick’s Hunchback took a pounding. 

Beta Lance jump jetted onto the hill top which was ninety meters east of the Regulars tanks that had started backing up to the south.  They were going slower than expected which suggested that they had taken engine damage.

The pair of Myrmidons and paired Vedettes went north down the hill and stopped right before a wooded area on a slight rise.  They were pursuing Gamma Lance and the convoy. 

More weapons fire was traded.  Fitzpatrick unfortunately got to be the battlemech equivalent of a piñata again.  One of Walther’s PPCs burned through a Tokugawa’s armor and destroyed it. 

Checking his tactical display Jack could see Beta Lance within a hundred meters of the retreating Regulars tanks.  He could have Beta Lance pursue and have Gamma Lance move up to support them while Alpha Lance and the infantry defended the convoy. 

The other option was to retreat.  The choice was risk versus caution.  While Alpha Lance had taken a beating Gamma and Beta Lances were still in good shape. 

â€œSpatha One to Five and Eight.  Attack those tanks and try to take out the convoy.  Spathas One through Four will defend Looters and Wheels.”  “Spatha Five copies, Six and Seven head south east into those trees for cover.”  “Spatha Eight  to One, there is a lance of Regulars medium tanks five hundred meters west of my position.  We are going to hold until you are in position to engage them.”  “Spatha One copies.” 

Gamma Lance exchanged fires with the Myrmidons and Vedettes that were in the wooded rise.  A PPC shot from one of the Myrmidons blasted a Flatbed truck into scrap, but a good portion of the infantry it was carrying were able to get out in time. 

Beta Lance attacked the retreating Manticore and Tokugawas. 

A Vedette and both Myrmidons moved off the hill.  The remaining Vedette stayed in place. 
   â€œSpatha Five to Six and Seven head south and then east around that small pond.”  Beta Lance moved south and around the pond.   

â€œLooter One to Two through Four, head north.”  The J-27s headed north.  “Wheel One to Two through Four, Four pick up the downed platoon and then we are retreating to the north.”
   Jack would have belayed the order, but he was trying to keep his Catapult from falling over.  The other reason he did not was that they moved themselves out of the line of fire. 

Vernon knew that his lance was exposed to fires from the heavy tanks, but he had a chance to get at the convoy.  As he fired at a Coolant Truck he wondered where the Zhukov and Demolisher had went off to.  He hit with both extended ranged large lasers, but the vehicle kept going. 

Combined weapons fire from Gamma Lance destroyed one of the two Vedettes.  “Spatha Ten to all units, scratch one Vedette.”

Vernon’s Phoenix Hawk was hit by a Tokugawas autocannon.  Brown burned away a J-27.  “Spatha Six to all units, scratch one Juliette dash two-seven.”

Vernon sprinted to the south with his lancemates close behind.  They moved directly at the convoy even though they risked the wrath of the Goblin ISVs and the fact that the Zhukov and Demolisher were hiding.

â€œSpatha One to Eight through Eleven, head south.”  “Spatha Eight copies, Nine, Ten and Eleven, you heard him.  Follow me,” said Mackenzie as he headed down a valley to the south and as he did so he narrowly avoided colliding with one of the Maxims of Fourth Lance.

Vernon had the large hill to the east of Beta Lance and the paved spot with low buildings were the Manticore and Tokugawas were making their way south to the west.  He wanted to attack the convoy, but realized doing so would place his lance in unacceptable risk.  “Spatha Five to Six and Seven, let’s head north and around the Manticore.  Next we will attack the Tokugawas from behind and do the same thing to the convoy.”  “Six wilco.”  “Seven copies.”

Beta Lance moved in behind the Manticore which rotated its torso at Davies’s Nightsky and sent half a dozen SRMs at it.  Vernon targeted a coolant truck three hundred and sixty meters to the south and fired both extended ranged large lasers, but only hit with one. 

Davies extended ranged large laser burned into the cab of a J-27 which brought the vehicle to a stop.  His medium pulse lasers burned armor from the Manticore.  Brown also targeted the Manticore with her lasers and damaged it even further.  She also took shots from a Tokugawa’s autocannon.

“Spatha One to Drop One, head to the south with Spathas Eight through Eleven.”  “Drop One copies, Two and Three turn around and try not to run over the mech’s ankles.”

Vernon and Brown headed west, but Brown’s Phoenix Hawk lost its footing and fell, but she quickly recovered.  Davies chased after the Manticore.

“Spatha Eight to all units, Demolisher and Zhukov are three hundred and sixty meters to the sout east of me coming down the road that goes up the big hill to the east of me.” 

Beta Lance exchanged laser fire with the Regulars and Davies burned away more of the Manticore’s armor he next swung the Nightsky’s hatchet down obliterating the armor protecting the turret and smashing the SRM6.

Jack moved the Catapult into a small wooded area, but tripped over a downed log.  The Catapult went down and sustained damage to its right arm and left torso. 

Gamma Lance and Fourth Lance went south down the valley and out into an open area.  Mackenzie let Hobbs and Leonard get ahead of him.  Dunlop brought up sweep.
The convoy was going through a road cut between a large and low wooded hill and a slightly taller smaller hill. 

Beta Lance headed south taking fire all the way.  Boths sides inflicted damage, but nothing fatal. 
To the east Vernon could see that the Zhukov and Demolisher…  Getting a better look at the turret he realized it was a Demolisher II.  Both had made it down into the valley and were headed for the convoy. 

Beta Lance headed south and up onto a low hill.  Gamma Lance and Fourth Lance also advanced. 

â€œSpatha Five to Six and Seven, target what ever you have the best chance of hitting.”

â€œSpatha Eight to Nine through Eleven attack your easiest target.”  More weapons fire was exchanged.  No mech or tank was ready to fall.   

Fourth Lance strayed too far to the south east and ended up within three hundred meters of the Demolisher and Zhukov.  Both of the Demolisher’s autocannons fired and a Maxim was destroyed.  “Drop Two to all units, Drop One is down.” 

â€œDrop Two to Three, head north now!”  Both surviving Maxims headed north and away from the heavy tanks. 

One of Mackenzie’s large lasers burned into the rear of a Tokugawa, destroying it.  “Spatha Eight to all units, scratch one Tokugawa.”
Beta Lance jump jetted to another hill to the south.  The Regulars convoy also moved south and
Gamma Lance closed in. 

“Spatha Eight to Nine through eleven, attack the Demolisher.” 

Both sides traded missed shots. 

The Zhukov and Demolisher moved to defend the tail of the convoy from Gamma Lance.  “Spatha Eight to Nine through Eleven, head south west onto the closest hill.”  Gamma Lance moved onto the hill to put some distance between them and the Demolisher and Zhukov.
Beta Lance headed further to the south into a wooded area on the southern edge of the hill and fired at the convoy, but failed to cause any significant damage.

The Regulars convoy continued its retreat to the south along with a pair of Goblins and the Daimyo HQ vehicle.

Dunlop destroyed the stragling Coolant truck with autocannon and PPC fire.  “Spatha Nine to all units, scratch one Coolant truck.”  Beta Lance tried to bring down the remaining Coolant truck, but failed and it fled with its comrades. 

“Spatha One to Five and Eight, form up around the downed enemy J-27s.”  “Wheels and Looters form up on their position.  Retrieve what you can.  Next see what is in those small buildings.  Secure the area and then get anything that is salvageable ready for the recovery vehicles.  Do not pursue remaining enemy forces.”  “Looter One copies.”  “Wheel One copies.” 

The two Myrmidons and Vedette fired parting shots at Beta Lance. 

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #47 on: 18 July 2011, 10:16:33 »
Salvage: 

KIV DMM:  LRM Carrier, LRM Carrier, Tokugawa Heavy Tank, Zhukov Heavy Tank, Demolisher II, J-27 Ordinance Transport.

85th Striker:  Vedette, Manticore, Maxim Heavy Hover Transport, J-27 Ordinance Transport, Coolant Truck (135-K).

22 tons of ammunition:  4 tons LRM-20, 3 tons LB-10X, 3 tons MG, 5 tons SRM-6, 3 tons AC5, 2 tons LB-20X, 2 tons UAC-20.

30 Tons of standard armor.  Split between the 85th and KIV DMM at fifteen tons each. 

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #48 on: 18 July 2011, 14:08:35 »
Fair bit of salvage...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #49 on: 12 August 2011, 11:02:15 »
Next mission is that the 51st Light Armor must rendezvous with a mounted infantry company and escort it out of the area before elements of the 3rd Benjamin Regulars can destroy it.

Planetary Conditions
5Ëš Celsius
Dusk
Moderate Rain
Light Gale

3rd BR

MTR-5K Maelstrom 3/3
GRF-3M Griffin 4/4
DRG-1N Dragon 3/5
SJA-7D Shugenja 3/3   
DRG-C Grand Dragon 2/3
KTO-C Kintaro 3/4
ASN-21 Assassin 3/3
CDA-2A Cicada 3/2
HM-1 Hitman 3/5
LCT-3M Locust 4/3
Heavy Hover APC (LRM) 4/5
Heavy Hover APC (MG) 4/5
Heavy Hover APC (LRM) 4/5
Heavy Hover APC (MG) 4/5
Foot Platoon (Laser) 4/5
Foot Platoon (Laser) 4/5
Foot Platoon (LRM) 4/5
Foot Platoon (LRM) 4/5

85th Striker

Foot Platoon (Rifle) 4/5
Foot Platoon (Laser) 4/5
Foot Platoon (Laser) 4/5
Foot Platoon (SRM) 4/5
Condor Heavy Hover Tank 4/5 deploy before round 15
Drillson Heavy Hover Tank 3/3 deploy before round 15
Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (3050) 3/3 deploy before round 15
Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (3050) 4/5 deploy before round 15   
Striker Light Tank (3058) 4/5 deploy before round 15
Striker Light Tank (3058) 3/4 deploy before round 15
Striker Light Tank (3058) 5/6 deploy before round 15
Striker Light Tank (3058) 4/4 deploy before round 15
Myrmidon Medium Tank 2/3 deploy before round 15
Rommel Tank 4/5 deploy before round 15
« Last Edit: 27 August 2011, 13:49:33 by Demon55 »

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #50 on: 27 August 2011, 13:49:02 »
Chapter Forty Two: Mud, rain and fire
Southern Antrim Hills, Kentares IV, Kentares PDZ, Draconis March, Federated Commonwealth.
February 11, 3065

The tanks of the Fifty First Light Armored Company and the men and women that manned them made their way to the south east.  They made their way towards the militia infantry company and its transports that they were supposed to protect. 

The rain patted the Condor Heavy Hover Tank as it moved at a fraction of its top speed.  The rain had picked up in the last fifteen minutes and the ground was muddy in the areas where it was not held in place with vegetation.  The Striker Light Tanks, Myrmidon and Rommel were slowed down and had to be careful to not get stuck. 

Halley had to resist the urge to tell her driver Corporal Roux to advance at flank speed which was just over a hundred and twenty kilometers per hour, but she had to be patient so that her company could advance as a unit. 

She was headed towards the rendezvous point.  However the opposition was not known.  From what she had been told expected resistance was a lance of heavy APCs and their infantry contingent and two lances of medium to heavy mechs. 

From the radio reports the Goblin ISVs that were carrying the infantry had been attacked by a medium and light mech scout lance which had then broken contact with them.  Also the Golbins has moved into a patch of forest with a north to south ridge in its western side. 

Checking a map on one of her displays, Halley noticed the Goblins nearly a kilometer due south of her position.  “Axe Six to all Axes, I have contact with four Heavy Hover APCs three hundred and sixty meters south of my position.”  “Axe One copies,” replies Halley while wondering what to do.  The las thing she wanted to do was have her lighter tanks charge right into a hevy mech, but she was out to keep a friendly infantry company from being shredded. 

“Orange One to Axe One, Oranges are on the north to south ridge and heading north.  I have contact with a Shugenja, Grand Dragon and Kintaro three hundred meters north east of my position.  Also I am seeing a company of Regulars infantry to my north west.”

“Axe One copies, I have contact with an Assassin, Hitman, Cicada and Locust between three hundred and three hundred and sixty meters south of my position.  It looks like they have set an ambush for you.  I am sending units to attack their rear.” 

Halley moved her hovertank lance over a pond.  A Hitman and Assassin moved onto a low hill a hundred and fifty meters south of the hovertank lance.  “Axe One to Axes Two through Four we are going after that scout lance.  Five through Eight head south and try not to get stuck in the mud.  All Axes fire at will with energy weapons.  Save your ammunition based weapons for the shots that you have the best chance of hitting.” 

Halley did not like having to give that order, but the Eighty Fifth was running low on ammunition. 
Both sides traded misses. 

Halley noticed one of her Striker Light Tanks get stuck.  Crap, she thought.  First Lance moved off the pond and over the muddy earth.  The Hitman, Assassin, Locust and Cicada moved into the woods on a small hill.  It was a bad move as they were now enveloped by First, Second and Third Lance.  It was not a move Halley had intended. 

The Condor rumbled as Sergeant McKinney discharged the autocannon.  Missiles, lasers and autocannon fire crossed each other.  The Hitman exploded and the Assassin took a beating. 
“Axe Three to all units, scratch one Hitman.”  Halley smiled.  It was always good to hear of a victory, even a small one.  “Good job!” 

“Axe Five to all units, my tank is immobile.”  “Axe Eight to all units, my engine is damaged.  Top speed reduced to thirty KPH.” 

Halley fought back feelings of helplessness and fear for her people.  She forced herself not to give in to those feelings and keep a level head.  She saw through the rain the Locust, Assassin and Cicada head to the south for another hill just a few tens of meters away.  “Axe One to Two through Four, keep on them.”  First Lance headed south after them.  The other tanks of the Fifty First inched their way south. 

The Goblins had moved to the northern end of the ridge and deployed their infantry.  The Shugenja, Kintaro and Grand Dragon closed on them.

“Orange One to all Oranges, get into a Diamond formation and deploy your infantry.  Next target the Shugenja first.  After it is destroyed or backs off target the Kintaro and then the Grand Dragon.  Grays One through Four deploy into a defensive formation once your Goblin moves into position.” 

Missiles streamed from the tanks of the Fifty First after the fleeing mechs.  Both Pegasii stripped armor from the Assassin and Cicada.  More missiles from the Striker Light Tanks damaged the Cicada’s engine and gyro.  The Cicada went down in the mud.

The Cicada struggled to get up, but it slipped in the mud and it tore its left leg off as it fell.  The pilot realized his predicament and ejected. 

The Regulars Heavy Hover APCs moved to the south east after the Assassin and Locust. 
“Axe One to Two through Four, head south east after those mechs.”  First lance did so and had the added benefit of staying out of the Assassin’s firing arc. 

The Goblins and their infantry attacked the Regulars mechs with as much ferocity as they could muster, but none of them backed off or went down.

Both the Rommel and Myrmidon targeted the Heavy Hover APC that had managed to get itself stuck in a wooded area.

Halley snapped orders at her crew as the hover tanks flew after the mechs. 

Second and Third Lance concentrated fire on the stuck Heavy Hover APC, destroying it.  “Axe Five to all units, scratch one Heavy APC.” 

Halley’s radar showed three new contacts three hundred and fifty meters to the east.  Three mechs were there a Maelstrom, Dragon and Griffin.  “Axe One to Two through Four, head to the west.  We have two heavies and a medium on our east flank.” 

First lance cut off its pursuit of the Locust and Assassin and headed west. 

The Goblins and their supporting infantry brought the Shugenja down with hits to the cockpit.  “Orange One to all Oranges the Shugenja is down, target the Kintaro.  Take that bastard down.  Grays stay on the Shugenja.”  “Orange Three to One, I do not have a shot at the Kintaro.  I am going to target the Shugenja again.”  “Four is doing the same the woods are blocking my LOS.” 
Halley checked her display.  The Kintaro, Shugenja and Grand Dragon were about three hundred meters to the south west of her lance’s position.  Just over two hundred meters west was the hill occupied by the Regulars infantry. 

There were three fresh Regulars mechs advancing westward towards her and her unit.  One of her tanks was mirred down and five more had a significant speed handicap.  Those three mechs could cause a lot of damage to her forces if they got within weapons range.

Also she had to get that infantry company out of harms way.  Unfortunately that meant having to go past the enemy infantry company on the hill to the west.  “Axe One to Five through ten, attack the infantry company that is on the hill south of you.”  “Five copies.”  “Nine copies.”

“Axe One to Orange One, pick up your infantry and head to the hill to the northeast of your position.  I am moving my lance into position to attack the Regulars lance north of you from behind.”  “Orange One copies, Grays fire one more volley and then mount up.”  “Gray Two wilco.”  “Gray One acknowledges.”  “Gray Four copies.”  “Gray Three wilco.”

The hover tanks of First Lance went up the hill and around the side of a group of trees before cutting south and coming up behind the Regulars lance.

“Roux, target the Shugenja,” Halley said to her gunner.”  Both Pegasii and the Drillson were directly behind the Grand Dragon and Halley’s Condor was slightly behind.

Both the Pegasii and the Drillson pummeled the Grand Dragon with missile and laser fire and it went down.  The Regulars infantry sent laser-fire and missiles in impotent response. 
One of the Goblins took a pounding from the Kintaro.  The Goblin caught fire and smoldered.  “Orange Three to all units, Orange Two is down.” 

Realizing that its two friends were down, the Kintaro fell back to the safety of the Regulars infantry. 

“Axe One to Two through Four, let’s move north a bit and try to get near Five’s location.  Orange One follow me.”  “Orange One copies.”  Halley’s driver Private Leon spun the Condor around and raced north.  The other tanks of First Lance followed. 

The militia infantry piled into their Goblins with the exception of the laser platoon that had their Goblin destroyed.  They followed on foot.  As a group they headed north east.  As they did so they fired at the downed Shugenja.  The downed mech’s engine was destroyed taking it out of the fight. 

“Axe One to Two target the Regulars infantry if you can.  Three and Four use your pulse laser only.  I want you two to save your missiles for the mechs.”  The Drillson was in the valley and did not have a shot.  Corporal Roux fired the autocannon and paired medium lasers at some infantry. 
The infantry and Kintaro returned fire.  Staff Sergeant Davis’s Pegasus took a couple missiles which damaged the engine.  The Striker’s Rommel and Myrmidon also fired at the infantry. 
“Axe Three to all units.  My engine is damaged, top speed reduced to sixty KPH.”  Damnit, though Halley as a PPC bolt and laser shot exploded mud infront of the Condor.  “One acknowledges.  Stay with me as best you can.”

The Grand Dragon regained its feet and walked over to a Goblin that was about to start up the hill.  The Grand Dragon lashed out with a kick that should have easily connected, but failed to. 
“Axe Eight to all unit, I am stuck.” 

The Dragon, Maelstrom and Griffin had advanced within weapons range and had joined the fight.  The Assassin and Locust appeared in the woods three hundred and sixty meters east of Halley’s position. 

The Striker Light tanks fired missiles at the Regulars infantry. 

The Regular’s Maelstrom, Dragon and Griffin lashed out at the gimped Pegasus.  The Griffin’s extended ranged PPC zipped through the rain and destroyed Sergeant Davis’s Pegasus.  Its icon winked out on Halley’s display. 

Master Sergeant Yamashita spoke over the radio.  “Axe Six to One.”  “One copies.”  “One, Second Lance is bogging down.  I request permission to withdraw as our wheeled tanks will not be able to escape from the Regulars ‘mechs if we do not withdraw now.” 

Halley’s first reponse was to call the old tanker a coward, but she knew better than to doubt the old man’s wisdom.  Second Lance’s Strikers would be in a world of hurt if one of the heavy mechs managed to close on them. 

“Axe One to Six, take Seven and do your best to escape.  I expect to find you back at base when I return.”  “Six copies, Seven follow me.”

The Maelstrom, Dragon and Griffin were just under four hundred meters to the south east and moving into what Halley wanted to be the escape route for the Goblins.  Her options seemed to be turn south and get shot at by the Regulars infantry, turn east and get shot at by their mechs or head north and escape. 

“Axe One through Four, head north and then east up the hill and then around the northern side of the woods.”  The route took First Lance out of the line of fire of the advancing Regulars mechs, but opened the Goblins to attack. 

“Axe Eight to all units, we have managed to free ourselves.  I am withdrawing.” 

The remaining Striker Light Tank, Myrmidon and Rommel exchanged fires with the infantry, Kintaro and Grand Dragon. 

The Heavy Hover APCs tried to sneak past the Goblins, but one was destroyed.

The Maelstrom, Dragon and Griffin advanced north towards the Strikers Myrmidon and Rommel. 

The three Goblins were now cut off.  “Orange One to all units, I am stuck.”  “Orange Three to all units, same here.”

“Axe One to Oranges, advance north east into those woods at the top of the hill you are on.  Axes Five, Nine and Ten, hold your positions, there are three Regulars mechs heading your way.”  “Five to One are you crazy!  My tank is currently a mobility kill.”  “Five, I just need you to hang in there and not die.  Two through Four follow me to the south west around the woods.”  Halley was again planning to attack the backsides of advancing mechs. 

The Condor slalomed for a few moments as it sped south, but Private Leon managed to not loose control.  The three hover tanks zoomed around the forest at over a hundred and twenty kilometers an hour their fans spraying mud in their wake.  They ended up on the right flank of the advancing lance. 

“Axe One to Two through Four, fire!” 

The Kintaro noticed the infantry that was slogging through the mud trying to get to the safety of the woods on the top of the hill.  It fired both SRM-6s, its medium laser, its LRM-5 and its large laser.  The platoon’s luck held as only two soldiers were slain by the medium laser.  The missiles missed high.

The Maelstrom, Dragon and Griffin traded shots with the hover tanks, but nothing went down. 
The Grand Dragon had advanced north to put pressure on the Rommel and Myrmidon and the Maelstrom and Griffin moved up behind it.  The Dragon turned to provide them rear security. 

“Axe One to Two and Four, get in behind them.  Attack and then retreat.”  Leon slid the codor into a ravine and followed it nearly into the side of the Dragon.  The Assassin and Locust moved into Halley’s six o’clock, but Sergeant Timothy Smith noticed it and moved his Pegasus in behind them. 

The Dragon’s medium laser disabled the engine of Halley’s Condor.  Leon screamed; “The engine is out!” 

The Pegasus hammered the Assassin with a third of a dozen SRMs.  The Myrmidon’s PPC destroyed the remaining armor on the Grand Dragon’s right torso damaging the engine.  One of the Condor’s medium lasers melted armor from the Dragon the other weapons missed. 

“Orange One to Two and Four, head north.”  “Gray Two to Orange One, we cannot keep up with you.”  “Lieutenant, you and your men are on your own.”  “Gray One to Two, head back into the woods south of you and try to get out.”  “Captain Russel, that is suicide.”  “Lieutenant Haas, deal with it.” 

Captain Russel’s statement was accentuated by the Kintaro slamming missiles into Gray Two’s position.

The Maelstrom headed north.  The Dragon walked right up to the Condor.  “Fire everything we have at the Dragon,” said Halley.  She opened the top hatch and started out, but still had her restraining harness on.  She tried to get it off.

“Axe Two to Four head north with me.”  Both the Pegasus and Drillson moved north. 
The Myrmidon’s commander Master Sergeant Lauder spoke.  “Nine to Ten, lets head west.”  Both the Rommel and Myrmidon pulled north west out of the woods.  The Maelstrom was closing. 
The Dragon and Condor traded hits, but the Dragon was not going down soon and getting very close.  One of the Goblins took a pounding from both the Regulars infantry and the Kintaro. 
The Dragon’s left foot slammed into the Condor’s front.  Halley and her crew screamed.  There was not much they could do, but fire their weapons again and hope they would get the Dragon to back off, which was something Halley doubted very much would happen.

The Kintaro moved next to the Condor as well.  The Goblins were trying to get over the hill despite being slowed down by the mud.  One Goblin moved down the hill and was just twenty meters away from the Condor.  Another Goblin was stuck at the top of the hill.  The last Goblin was at the top right of the hill.  “Orange One to Three and Four, attack the Kintaro and Dragon.” 

The Maelstrom and Griffin advanced north along the ridge. 

“Axe Two to Four, we are going to turn around and go up the north east end of the ridge the Maelstrom is on and try to attack its backside.”  “Copy Two.”

The Drillson and Pegasus turned around and headed up the hill.  The Maelstrom attacked Sergeant Pena’s Rommel and the Griffin attack Master Sergeant Lauder’s Myrmidon.  The Goblins attacked the Kintaro and Dragon. 

The Kintaro swung its torso to the right and fired at the Goblin nearest the Condor. 
“Axe Nine to Ten, attack the Maelstrom.” 

The Dragon fired all its forward weapons at the Condor.  “Orange One to all units, Axe One is down.” 

The Kintaro took a pounding, most of its remaining armor was blasted off.  The Myrmidon, Drillson, Pegasus, Striker Light Tank and Rommel attacked the Maelstrom, but it refused to die.
The Maelstrom paused for a moment before galloping down the hill after the Rommel and Myrmidon. 

“Axe Two to Four, we are going after the Maelstrom.  Nine and Ten hold your positions.”  “Nine wilco.”  “Four roger.”  “Ten roger.”

The Maelstrom closed on the Myrmidon and Rommel and the Pegasus and Drillson stayed on its six o’clock. 

The first and fourth Goblins moved east down the hill and the Dragon and Kintaro gave chase.  The Kintaro’s leg had been damaged and it fell over. 
The stuck Goblin was hammered by missile and laser fire from the Regulars infantry and Grand Dragon.

The Maestrom took more of a pounding, but the Rommel’s autocannon twenty missed. 
The Assassin and Locust attacked the stranded militia infantry to the south. 

“Axe Two to all Axes, attack the Maelstrom.  Keep on that bastard.”  The tanks moved after the Maelstrom which had realized its error and headed south up the ridge. 

One of the Goblins attacked the Dragon which had moved north to block the Goblin’s path.  Another Goblin attacked the Kintaro.  The stuck Goblin traded shots with the Grand Dragon.
The stuck Goblin was destroyed, its crew and the infantry it carried evacuated the burning tank. 

Despite concentrated fire from the Striker’s tanks the Maestrom refused to go down.

“Axe Two to all axes, retreat.  I repeat retreat.  Let’s pick up Axe Five and then get out of here.”
The Maelstrom refused to let the tanks go and chased after them.  The Rommel’s autocannon twenty thundered.  The rounds struck the left arm of the machine and stripped the armor.  The Maelstrom kept its feet. 

One of the Goblins damaged the gyro of the Dragon which made it crash to the ground. 
The Maelstrom kicked the Rommel shattering armor, but failing to cripple it.  Next the Maelstrom went north after the stuck Striker.  The Maelstrom burned armor off the stuck tank, but it did not die. 

“Axe Four to all Axes, I am out of missiles.”  “Axe Nine to all Axes, same here.” 

The Dragon failed to get up, but on its second attempt it succeeded.  The Dragon cut off a Goblin’s path trapping it between the Dragon and Kintaro which combined their fires and destroyed the tank’s tracks.  The infantry then dismounted and formed a perimeter around the crippled tank.  “Orange One to all units, my tracks are gone.  My weapons systems are out of ammunition or destroyed.  I am abandoning the vehicle.  Gray One is forming a perimeter around my position.” 
“Orange Four to One, I am targeting the Kintaro.”  The Kintaro took missile, laser and machine gun fire from the Goblin which sent the Kintaro crashing down. 

Despite concentrated fires from Rommel, Pegasus, Myrmidon, Drillson and Striker the Maelstrom did not fall.

“Axe Two to Four, Nine and Ten.  Stay on the Maelstrom.  Five, hang in there.”  The Drillson, Pegasus and Myrmidon rushed after the Maelstrom, but Master Sergeant Smith knew it was too late when the Maestrom opened fire the Striker exploded.

Both stranded milita infantry platoons were being slowly eroded away by weapons fire. 
The Maelstrom headed south, but the Drillson and Pegasus stayed on its tail. 

After twisting its torso the Maelstrom fired everything at the Pegasus which turned the Pegasus into a smoking memory.  “Axe One to all units, four is down.”

The surviving tanks from the Eighty Fifth blasted armor from the Maelstrom which lost its balance and fell.  The fall smashed its engine taking it out of the fight.  “Axe Two to all units, scratch one Maelstrom.”

The Kintaro faced the Goblin on the hill.  The Kintaro’s laser burned armor from the front of the Goblin, but the Goblin’s large pulse laser and machine gun destroyed the Kintaro’s center torso.

Checking his displays Master Sergeant Smith knew that to fight on was to lose more people.  He wanted to keep fighting, but it was now time for pragmatism.  “Axe Two to all surving Axes, retreat.  I repeat, retreat.”  “Gray One, to Axes.  Get out of here before they kill us all.” 
The surviving tanks of the Fifty First Light Armor fled and in doing so left what was left of the militia infantry company at the mercy of the Third Benjamin Regulars.
The two heavy hover APCs picked up a platoon of infantry each and headed towards the surviving Goblin and its infantry. 

The surviving Goblin and its infantry managed to get off a few more shots at the Grand Dragon which destroyed its engine.  The Grand Dragon’s friends quickly avenged it.  The infantry were quickly wiped out. 

The stuck and crippled Goblin remained on the side of the hill.  Its brave crew firing its large pulse laser at whatever it had the best chance of hitting.  Also a single rifle platoon that was stuck in the open hopelessly battled the Dragon.

The Locust, Assassin and heavy hover APC moved in behind the stranded rifle platoon which died moments after.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #51 on: 27 August 2011, 13:50:04 »
Victory!
-------------------

Winner is: TEAM #2

85th Striker: 0 BV remaining (from 12824 initially) 5667 BV fled
3rd Benjamin Regulars: 4151 BV remaining (from 17494 initially) 0 BV fled

Survivors are:
Griffin GRF-3M (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Shujin Bill Zha [4/4]

Dragon DRG-1N (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Shujin Sloan Virasana [3/5] ( 2 hit(s) )

Assassin ASN-21 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Chi-i Shaka Koga [3/3] ( 1 hit(s) )

Locust LCT-3M (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Unnamed [4/4]

Heavy Hover APC (LRM) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Heavy Hover APC (MG) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Foot Platoon (Laser) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Gunnery Skill : Unnamed [4]

Foot Platoon (Laser) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Foot Platoon (LRM) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Foot Platoon (LRM) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

MechWarrior Shujin Peter Takahashi (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Gunnery Skill : Shujin Peter Takahashi [3]

MechWarrior Kashira Kuan an-Jing (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Gunnery Skill : Kashira Kuan an-Jing [3]

Striker Light Tank (3058) #3 (85th Striker)
Driver : SGT. Jaroslav Erdman [4/4]

Striker Light Tank (3058) #2 (85th Striker)
Driver : MSGT. Randy Yamashita [3/4]

Striker Light Tank (3058) #4 (85th Striker)
Driver : SSGT. Harry Smart [5/6]

Myrmidon Medium Tank (85th Striker)
Driver : MSGT. Pete Lauder [2/3]

Rommel Tank (85th Striker)
Driver : SGT. Anna Cruz [4/5]

Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (85th Striker)
Driver : MSGT. James Smith [3/3]

Graveyard contains:
Cicada CDA-2A (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Kashira Kuan an-Jing [3/2]

Goblin Infantry Support Vehicle #2 (85th Striker)
Destroyed by Kintaro KTO-C (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Shugenja SJA-7D (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Chi-i Bradley Barstrom [3/3] ( 4 hit(s)  )
Destroyed by Goblin Infantry Support Vehicle #3 (85th Striker)

Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (3050) (85th Striker)
Driver : SSGT. Eden Davis [3/3]
Destroyed by Griffin GRF-3M (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Condor Heavy Hover Tank (85th Striker)
Driver : CPT. Halley Grettisone [4/5]
Destroyed by Dragon DRG-1N (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Goblin Infantry Support Vehicle #3 (85th Striker)
Destroyed by Foot Platoon (LRM) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Striker Light Tank (3058) (85th Striker)
Driver : 2LT. Gregory Patton [4/5]
Destroyed by Maelstrom MTR-5K (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Goblin Infantry Support Vehicle (85th Striker)

Maelstrom MTR-5K (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Sho-sa Watako Chouda [3/3] ( 1 hit(s) )
Destroyed by pilot error.

Kintaro KTO-C (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Shujun Amanda Watanabe [3/4] ( 1 hit(s) )
Destroyed by Goblin Infantry Support Vehicle #4 (85th Striker)

Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (3050) #2 (85th Striker)
Driver : SGT. Timothy Smith [4/5]
Destroyed by Maelstrom MTR-5K (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Foot Platoon (Laser) (85th Striker)
Gunnery Skill : Unnamed [4] ( 6 hit(s)  )
Destroyed by Assassin ASN-21 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Grand Dragon DRG-C (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Sho-ko Merry Mushashi [4/5] ( 2 hit(s) )

Foot Platoon (Laser) #2 (85th Striker)

Foot Platoon (SRM) (85th Striker)
Destroyed by Heavy Hover APC (MG) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Foot Platoon (Rifle) (85th Striker)
Destroyed by Heavy Hover APC (MG) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Goblin Infantry Support Vehicle #4 (85th Striker)

The following utterly destroyed units are not available for salvage:
Hitman HM-1 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Shujin Peter Takahashi [3/5]
Destroyed by Pegasus Scout Hover Tank (3050) (85th Striker)

Heavy Hover APC (LRM) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Destroyed by Striker Light Tank (3058) (85th Striker)

Heavy Hover APC (MG) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #52 on: 02 December 2011, 20:22:17 »
The time of day is early afternoon.  Temperature is 5 degrees Celsius with slight wind and high atmospheric pressure. 

Second Lance from the First Mech First Mech Battalion has sighted and been shadowing a mixed company of Main Battle tanks and Battlemechs escorting a convoy of vehicles and a company of mounted infantry.  The convoy and its escorts have generally been heading to the east where the Regulars appear to be setting up a staging area for deeper strikes into the Antrim Hills. 

The 91st Mech Company of the 85th Striker mercenary battalion has been tasked with the interception of the convoy and its escorts.  While it is requested that the vehicles be taken their destruction is allowed if the escorts put up too strong of a defense. 

85th Striker 91st Mech Company and KIV DMM 1st Mech Battalion 1st Company 2nd Lance

CPLT-C185 Catapult 65t MAJ. Jack Klein (Elite 2/2)
MAD-5D85 Marauder 75t CMSGT. Mark Walther (Elite 2/2)
VND-3L Vindicator 45t SSGT. Tseng Fu Wong (Veteran 3/4)
VTR-9K Victor 80t SGT. James Fitzpatrick (Regular 4/5)
PXH-3D 45t 2LT. Adrian Vernon (Veteran 3/3)
NGS-4T Nightsky 50t SGT. William Davies (Regular 4/5)
PXH-3K 45t SGT. Sara Brown (Regular 4/5)
OTL-4D Ostsol 60t  1LT. Marsh Mackenzie (Green 5/5) (91st Mech Comp XO)
DAI-01 Daikyu 70t MSGT. Carly Dunlop (Veteran 3/4)
CRB-27 Crab 50t SGT. Seth Leonard (Veteran 3/4)
QDK-4G 60t SGT. Jeremiah Hobbs (Regular 4/4)
NGS-4S Nighsty LT. Oren Argentine 4/4
PXH-1D Phoenix Hawk SGT. Patrick Gamble 3/3
FS9-S Firestarter SGT. Edward Tukovic 4/4
STG-3R Stinger SGT. Tommy Stone 3/4

3rd Benjamin Regulars 1st Battalion 1st Company
HTM-27V Hatamoto-Kaze 2/2
DRG-1N Dragon 4/4
DRG-1N Dragon 4/3
MAD-3D Marauder 4/4
VLK-QA Valkyrie 3/3
QKD-4G Quickdraw 3/4
WSP-1S Wasp 4/3
LCT-1V Locust 4/4
Manticore Heavy Tank 4/5
Manticore Heavy Tank 4/5
Manticore Heavy Tank 4/5
Manticore Heavy Tank 4/5
Heavy tracked APC (SRM) 4/5
Heavy tracked APC (MG) 4/5
Heavy tracked APC (LRM) 4/5
Heavy tracked APC (LRM) 4/5
Foot Platoon (Flamer) 4/5
Foot Platoon (MG) 4/5
Foot Platoon (SRM) 4/5
Foot Platoon (SRM) 4/5
J-27 Ordinance Tractor 4/5   
Coolant Truck 135-K 4/5
Coolant Truck 135-K 4/5

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: 02 December 2011, 23:34:37 »
Good to see the 85th back at work.
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #54 on: 03 December 2011, 15:09:09 »
The Ninety First had been called to potentially ambush a Regulars supply convoy that had been spotted by the scout lance from the militia’s First Mech Battalion First Company.  Second lance had been shadowing eight mechs, four Manticore Main Battle tanks and several ammunition carriers, 2 coolant trucks and some Heavy APCs for nearly an hour.

Jack had objected as the odds were too even, but he was quickly over ruled by General Clark, the Duke and Colonel Gonzales.  Jack had then briefed his mech company and the mechwarriors were not happy about having to face an opponent on near even terms. 

The Ninety First Mech Company had marched south through the valleys designated by the militia scout lance.  Jack had decided to use a pair of hills that were next to each other to setup a linear ambush of the convoy which would hope fully continue on its course due south of those two hills.  Also there was a hill just south of the western hill being used for the ambush.  That hill created a natural choke point as the paths further to the south would be very difficult for vehicles to traverse. 

It took them nearly an hour to get into position. 

The milita scout lance had split into two groups of two mechs each.  One group an older Phoenix Hawk and a Firestarter was to the east of the Regulars convoy while the second a Nightsky and a Stinger were to the west of the convoy and south of the Ninety First. 

The Regulars had been firing pot shots at the mechs that were shadowing them, but they did little more than persuade the militia to keep its distance. 

Alpha, Beta and Gamma lances had moved into their ambush positions and had been waiting for the convoy to move into position when the Regulars Wasp jump jetted onto the hill that Beta and Gamma lances were hiding on.  The Wasp had a clear view of both Davies’ Nightsky and Brown’s Phoenix Hawk which were just over four hundred meters north of it. 

Both Brown and Davies fired without orders.  An extended ranged large laser from each mech hit the Wasp’s center torso melting away its armor and turning the reactor into a mini nova.  The pilot ejected before his machine became a twenty ton fusion frag grenade. 

“Battle Axe Six to all units, scratch one Wasp.”  For a woman who just blew the company’s ambush Brown sounded way too happy with herself, though Mackenzie. 

“Battle Axe One to Five, Six and Seven we are having a chat when we get back to the staging area.”  Mackenzie knew Jack sounded calm, but he could tell that his battalion commander was mad and keeping his temper in check.

“Battle Axe One to all Battle Axes, you are clear to come out from hiding and engage the enemy.  Five and Eight do not advance your lances past the southern edge of the hill that you are on.  Snooper One, do you copy?”

“Five Wilco.”  “Eight roger.”  “Snooper One to Battle Axe One, go ahead.”  “Snooper One, keep shadowing the convoy and try not to get shot to hell.”  “Will do.”

“Eight to Nine through Eleven, get your mechs up and head south around the hill top.”  The mechs of Gamma Lance got up from their prone positions.  Dunlop’s Daikyu slipped at first and crashed to the ground.  She managed to get the mech up on the second attempt.  Mackenzie had the same issue and smashed away near all of his Ostsol’s rear torso armor before managing to get the mech up.  The other result of the fall was a god awful headache and a sore back from the impact. 
Beta Lance jump jetted out of the drainage channel they were in and into a small forest on the top of the hill.  Alpha Lance started its way to the east of they hill they were on which was just west of the hill that Beta and Gamma Lances were on. 

“Snooper One to Battle Axes, looks like the enemy convoy is going to go south and over the rougher terrain here.”  “Battle Axe One copies.” 

As Mackenzie moved out from behind cover his Ostsol took a spread of missiles from the Regulars Quickdraw.

“Battle Axe Five to Six and Seven, target the nearest coolant truck.”  Beta lance headed south for another group of trees and Mackenzie led Gamma lance from out from behind the hill top.  Alpha lance headed east, but they were going to have to traverse some rough terrain to get into firing range.

Mackenzie could see the Regular’s mechs, tanks and vehicles four hundred meters to the south east in the valley.  The mechs and tanks were concentrated at the northern end of the convoy.  Seeing a Hatamoto, a Quickdraw, Marauder, two Dragons and four Manticores, Mackenzie knew that attacking would be a bad idea.  But unfortunately for now he would have to exchange fires with them. 

“Battle Axe Eight to Five through Seven and Nine through Eleven, do not get too close to the enemy formation.” 

Mackenzie cringed as to his left he saw Leonard’s Crab sustained a few LRM hits from the enemy Quickdraw to the head of his Crab and Dunlop’s Daikyu took hits from the Hatamoto and a Manticore.

“Battle Axe Eight to Ten, you okay ten.”  “Just a big head ache.”  “Then deal with it Ten and keep fighting.”  “Roger.” 

Mackenzie noticed the convoy and its escorts heading south just east of the base of the hill to the south of his lance.  “Eight to Nine through Eleven, advance one hundred and twenty meters south to the end of the hill and attack your best target.”  Doing so would allow his lance to be in a better firing position and hopefully since two of the Manticores had headed south there would be fewer enemy units shooting at his lance and instead they would try to go after the militia scout lance.
Three of the Manticores headed south to stay with the convoy while the last Manticore along with the Marauder, Hatamoto and Quickdraw took up the rear guard.  Once Gamma Lance had moved into position Mackenzie twisted the Ostsol to the south and fired both his large lasers at the Hatamoto.

South of the Regulars convoy the militia Nightsky and Stinger headed to the south east along a hill and were shot at by the Valkyrie, Locust, two Dragons and three of the Manticores. 
“Snooper One to Battle Axes we are headed to the south east trying to get away from the Regulars.”  “Battle Axe One copies, good luck.”

PPCs, missiles, laser beams and autocannon shells passed each other in flight.  Mackenzie jumped in his seat as the two PPC bolts from the Regular’s Marauder flew past the Ostsol. 
The milita Phoenix Hawk and Firestarter that were to the east started to close in on the northern end of the convoy.

“Snooper Three to Battle Axes, Four and myself are headed towards the convoy.”  “Battle Axe Eight copies.”

“Battle Axe Five to Six and Seven head to the southern end of the hill.”  Beta Lance moved to the southern edge of the hill.

“Battle Axe Eight to One.”  “One copies.”  “Eight requests permission to take Nine through Eleven down the hill and close up on the tail end of the convoy.”  After a few moments wait that was too long for Mackenzie Jack responded.  “Negative Eight, I want both you and Five to keep your lances on the hill until I get mine into position.” 

Despite the order not to Mackenzie moved onto the trail slope that led down the hill.  He was not technically leaving the hill so it was not insubordination.  “Battle Axe Eight to Nine through Eleven, form up on me.”  His lancemates did so.

The Regulars convoy headed further south, but the Hatamoto and Marauder hung back a bit to discourage the pursuit of the convoy.

Beta Lance concentrated their fires on the Coolant trucks.  “Battle Axe Five to all units, scratch one coolant truck.”

Mackenzie could see Alpha Lance five hundred meters due west of his position heading south down a large hill and they were going to go up the next hill to their south.  South of him, Mackenzie could see the enemy convoy getting further away. 

“Battle Axe One to Eight.”  “Eight copies.”  “Eight both you and Five are cleared to take your lances off the hill and pursue the convoy, but do not get too close.  It will take longer than I like for me and Two through Four to catch up to the enemy convoy.” 

“Five copies, Six and Seven, follow me.”  Said Vernon as he jump jetted the Phoenix Hawk to the south with Brown and Davies close behind him.  They stopped a hundred meters west of the militia Phoenix Hawk and Firestarter.  The Hatamoto and Marauder were only a few dozens of meters away to the south western side of the small forest.  The enemy convoy had gone further south.
Mackenzie realized Vernon’s folly.  “Eight to Five get back to the north with Six and Seven, I cannot support your lance until I get mine off the hill,” said Mackenzie as he led Gamma lance down the slope.

“Five copies, Six and Seven, hit what you can and fall back to Eight.” 

The militia Firestarter lost the armor on its left torso from a PPC hit from the Hatamoto and the militia Phoenix Hawk lost a good portion of its right torso armor from a PPC hit from a Manticore.
“Five to Six and Seven, close with and attack the Regular’s Marauder.”  Mackenzie fought back the urge to belay the order until he checked his display and realized the woods would provide Gamma Lance some shelter from the Manticores. 

The problem was taking three mediums against two heavies which were the Quickdraw and Marauder and an assault the Hatamoto.  The Hatamoto was the kaze variant which had two PPCs and two LRM5s which were much less effective in close.

“Snooper Three to Battle Axe Five, myself and Snooper Four are with you.”

The four medium and single light mech went after the Marauder and Hatamoto.  They exchanged shots and the Marauder sustained enough damage to fall over.  As the Marauder fell over the militia Phoenix Hawk kicked it. 

Mackenzie deep down regretted not belaying the order.  Alpha Lance was trying to get up a hill to the west, Gamma Lance had managed to get off a steep old road that led down the side of the hill and Beta Lance was over three hundred meters to the south and headed back towards Mackenzie’s position.  The company had to stay together and operate as a unit. 

“Snooper Four to Three, we showed that Drac.”  “Yes we did, not head north with our friends.” 
The damaged Marauder got up, moved a few steps and lost its balance and fell down. 

Gamma Lance made it down the slope and he wished his lance was all jump jet equipped, but it was not with only Hobb’s Quickdraw having them.  “Eight to Ten, get up front.  Eleven, I want you at Ten’s five o’clock.  Nine, take up the rear and I will be to Ten’s seven o’clock.”  His lance mates adjusted the formation as they headed to the south east. 

Just over a hundred meters to the south of Gamma Lance’s position was Beta Lance in the woods.  Nearly three hundred meters to the south east of Gamma Lance were the militia Phoenix Hawk and Fireststarter.  The milita Nightsky and Stinger were twelve hundred meters to the south east of Gamma Lance and six hundred meters to the east of the Regulars.  That put Gamma Lance about six hundred and fifty meters north of the main body of Regulars.  Alpha Lance was lagging about seven hundred meters to the west on a hill. 

“Snooper One to Battle Axes, the convoy has changed its course, they are heading back to the east.”

“Battle Axe One copies.”

Slowly and with care the Regulars Marauder regained its feet.  It was an impressive feat when one saw the damage to the machine. 

“Snooper One to all units, both Two and I are headed north so we do not have the convoy between us and the rest of you.”

“Battle Axe One copies.”

Beta Lance jump jetted to the south and landed in the forest just over a hundred meters north of the Marauder which was just over three hundred meters away from its friends.

The Phoenix Hawk and Firestarter headed south. 

Brown targeted the Marauder and her extended ranged large laser burned through the remants of the Marauder’s right leg.  The Marauder collapsed. 

The Hatamoto sent a PPC bolt into the left torso of Vernon’s Phoenix Hawk.  The Hatamoto also sent ten LRMs down at Vernon’s machine, but the AMS took out most of the missiles. 
The milita Phoenix Hawk took a PPC hit on one of its leg from one of the Manticores. 
“War Axe One to Two through Four lets head to the east.” 

Gamma Lance headed south between the trees and the hill.  Beta Lance adjusted their positions in the forest for better cover. 

Checking his tactical display Mackenzie realized that pressing an attack on the convoy was not a good idea until Alpha Lance would be able to move into position and support the rest of the company.  The both the militia mechs and Beta Lance needed to back off a bit until Alpha Lance could arrive. 

“War Axe Eight to Five through Seven, pull back a bit so we do not get sucked in too close to the convoy.  We need to wait for One through Four. Nine through Eleven, head south, but do not advance past the trees.” 

Beta Lance pulled north a bit and Gamma Lance moved south between the trees to the east and the hill to the west.  The Firestarter and Phoenix Hawk also backed up to the north.  To the east the Nightsky and Stinger headed north east around a knob. 

Mackenzie’s order worked as only the downed Marauder took a shot at one of the militia mechs, but missed.

“War Axe Eight to Nine through Eleven head to the south east towards the woods just north of the downed Marauder.  Five through Seven head to the east and try to get on that low ridge.” Beta Lance jump jetted to the east, but kept in the forest to minimize their exposure to enemy weapons fire.  Gamma Lance moved south into the woods just north of the downed Marauder.  Alpha Lance was nearing the eastern side of the hill that they were on. 

To the south east the militia Stinger and Nightsky went almost all the way around the knob when two of the Regulars Heavy APCs moved in front of the mouth of the small valley.  Both mechs fired on the nearest one, but only one of the Stealth’s medium pulse lasers hit. 

Mackenzie could see Leonard in his Crab exchange weapons fire with the Marauder.  Leonard kicked the downed machine.  The Crab’s splayed foot smashed into the Marauder’s left torso near the cockpit.  Who ever the Marauder’s pilot was he or she did not want to end up as a blood stain inside of a smashed cockpit and ejected.

The Regulars convoy and its escorts kept slipping to the east.  Alpha Lance is taking too damned long, though Mackenzie.  “War Axe Eight to Nine through Eleven, follow me south east around the woods.”  Gamma Lance moved around the woods and came out two hundred and fourty meters west of the Hatamoto and two Manticores. 

“War Axe Five to six and Seven, continue to the east.”  Mackenzie could see the two Phoenix Hawks and Nightsky jump jet over the trees. 

“Snooper One to all units, enemy Heavy APCs are advancing north east towards a wooded hill just east of my position.  Snooper Two we are going to go into the forest on the south side of that hill and attack.  Snoopers Three and four head towards my location.”  “Snooper Two copies.”  “War Axe One copies.” 

“War Axe Five to Six and Seven target the Quickdraw to the south.”  “Wilco.”  “Roger.”
Mackenzie could see that Hatamoto had taken a beating, but it refused to die. He brought the Ostsol’s torso in line with the Hatamoto and fired both of his large lasers. 

On the small wooded hill to the south east one Heavy APC was destroyed, but both the Nightsky and Stinger took a pounding in return and the Stinger’s center torso armor was breached and its gyro was hit, but the pilot kept the machine on its feet.

Not deterred the Nightsky swung its hatched down on a Heavy APC and the Stinger kicked it as well. 

Gamma Lance traded shots with the Manticores and Hatamoto. Nothing went down. 
In his rear display Mackenzie could see Alpha Lance jump jetting down off of the hill to the west.  About damned time he thought.  Looking ahead was the Hatamoto, the Quickdraw and two Manticores three hundred meters east. 

“War Axe Eight to Nine through Eleven, close with and destroy those two mechs and two tanks.” 
Further to the east the Heavy APCs started up the hill and unloaded their infantry and the militia Stinger and Nightsky fell back to north of the hill.  The convoy vehicles continued to the east. 
“War Axe Five to Six and Seven, advance up that saddle and target any convoy vehicle that you can hit, if you cannot target a convoy vehicle, target one of their escorts.”  Beta Lance headed to the east and up and through the saddle.  South of them was the small hill that the Regulars infantry were deploying on and south of that was the convoy going east. 

The militia Firestarter and Phoenix Hawk moved through the valley at the north side of the small hill.  They took shots at the enemy infantry that boiled out of the Heavy APCs.  The Stinger as it limped north torso twisted to the right and fired its medium laser and one of its machine guns at the infantry.  Some of the grunts screamed as they were hit and slain.

“War Axe One to Two through Three, target your best target.  Four, hold fire until we close.”  “Four will comply, but not willingly.” 

Mackenzie moved his Ostsol into the woods and fired one of his large lasers and both of his forward medium lasers at one of the Manticores.  He heard the woosh of missiles.  Lasers sizzled away armor, PPC bolts whipped past each other.  Both Gamma Lance and the mixed lance of the Hatamoto, two Manticores and the Quickdraw pounded each other, but nothing was ready to fall.  Alpha Lance added welcome and overdue firepower. 

The Ostsol shook as it took weapons hits.  The damage display flashed red for the left arm which had been stripped of armor.  The shoulder joint was damaged. 

“War Axe Five to Six and Seven, keep after the convoy.”  “War Axe One to Eight, we are moving up keep pressing that lance in front of you.”  “Copy One.”

One of the Manticores, Hatamoto and Quickdraw backed up.  The Regulars convoy headed to the north east. 

Mackenzie took a look at the immobile Manticore and could see that it had its treads shot to hell.  “War Axe Eight to Nine through Eleven, one of the Manticores is down.  Take it out.”

“War Axe Ten to all units, my center torso armor is almost breached as well as the armor on my mech’s left leg.”  “Eight copies, get behind cover.” 

The militia Nightsky had moved into a position that blocked the Regular’s convoy’s path to the north.  Both of the Dragons, Valkyrie, Locust and two Manticores moved to try to break through them.

Gamma Lance moved into the woods just north of them and Alpha Lance continued to the east. 

The Regulars infantry platoon on the north side of the hill were armed with flamers and they fired at the Firestarte which lived up to its namesake at the same time.  The Firestarter took a pounding from combined weapons fire, but the platoon infront of it was roasted alive. 

Hobb’s Quickdraw was severely abused by one of the Manticores.  The Quickdraw’s left arm was destroyed.  “War Axe Eleven to all units, my left arm is gone.”  “War Axe Nine to all units, my left arm is no longer armored.”

“War Axe Eight copies, fall back to the rally point.”  “Nine wilco.”  “Eleven roger.”

“War Axe One to Eight, your lance is beat pretty good.  I want your lance to back off a bit.  Stay in the fighy, but try to minimize your exposure to enemy fire.  Snooper One, what is happening with that convoy over there?”

One of the Heavy APCs was smashed by Davies who put the Nightsky’s hatched through its middle.  “War Axe Six to all units, scratch one HAPC.” 

The Regulars Valkyrie ended up in a fist fight with the militia Nightsky and Phoenix Hawk.  The Phoenix Hawk was on the hill just above the Valkyrie and kicked at the smaller ‘mechs head, but missed. 

“Snooper Three to all units, my left torso and right leg have been stripped of armor.  My lower right leg is damaged, I am retreating to the rally point.”  “Snooper One copies, get out of here.  War Axe One, the convoy is getting away.  All my mechs have at least moderate damage.  Your three mechs over here helping my lance are in similar shape and with the enemy infantry on this hill we are in a rather precarious position.  I am going to back off to the north.”  “War Axe One copies.  War Axe Five, Six and Seven stay with the Snoopers.” 

The militia Firestarter had some problems standing up, but when it did the next platoon of Regulars infantry that made it to the top of the hill was attacked, but it was their lucky day at the Firestarter missed. 

Dunlop’s Daikyu took more damage from the stuck Manticore.  The Daikyu lost its left arm.  Combined weapons fires from both Alpha and Gamma Lance destroyed the stuck Manticore.  “War Axe Four, to all units scratch one Manticore.”  Another Manticore was destroyed by Chief Walther.  His extended ranged PPCs breached its damaged armor and put it down. 

To the east Vernon fired both of his extended ranged large lasers at a J-27 which melted its cab.  The vehicle stopped moving and smoldered. 

Looking past the roasting tanks Mackenzie watched the Hatamoto and Quickdraw back up to the east while pumping weapons fire into the woods where Gamma Lance was.  He wanted to pursue, but with both the Quickdraw and Daikyu missing their left arms and both the Crab and his Ostsol, battered he knew he would be a fool to do so. 

“War Axe Five to Six and Seven, move into the trees on this hill and try to hit the convoy vehicles if you can.”  Beta Lance moved into the woods on the top of the hill they were on even though they were ordered to head to the rally point. 

Vernon smiled as both of his large lasers slagged a J-27.  “War Axe Five to all units, scratch one J-27.”  Brown reported in next.  “War Axe Six to all units, scratch one more J-27” 

“War Axe One to Five, what part of head to the rally point do you not understand?  All War Axes and Snoopers One through Four, rendezvous at the rally point.”  “Snooper One will comply.”  “War Axe Five, myself and Six and Seven are headed towards the rally point.”  “War Axe Eight is leading Nine through Eleven to the rally point.”  “War Axes One through Four are also headed towards the rally point.” 

Beta Lance jump jetted north west off the hill into a small valley which gave them cover from the Regulars.  Vernon checked his HTAL.  His left torso, center torso and right leg were almost devoid of armor. 

“Snooper One to all units, looks like they are retreating and left and infantry platoon behind.”  “War Axe One copies, head to the rally point.”  “Snooper One toTwo and Three, get with me and let’s take out those damned Dracs.”  “Three copies.”  The militia Phoenix Hawk, Firestarter and Nightsky peeled off from Beta Lance and cut back south towards the isolated infantry unit.

The three militia mechs moved into weapons range and opened up.  So did the brave infantry platoon. 
   Alpha, Beta and Gamma Lances headed north to the rendezvous point with the militia Stinger. 

The militia Phoenix Hawk and Nightsky held positions in the woods on a hill just north of the stranded infantry platoon’s position.  They provided supporting fire to the Firestarter as it closed.  The infantry platoon knew death was coming and they sent SRM volley after SRM volley at the Firestarter, which despite the severity of its damage kept coming.

Gamma Lance smashed its way through the forest to their north and emerged in a clearing near the base of the large hill that they had gone down earlier.  Beta Lance was to the east ahead of Gamma Lance with the militia Stinger.  Alpha Lance was moving to take up the sweep position. 

“War Axe One to Snooper’s One, Two and Three form up with us.”  “Negative War Axe One, those Dracs have to die for what their ancestors did.”  “Lieutenant Argentine, show some ****** honor and hold your lance’s fire.  I am going to broad cast on and open frequency and ask them to surrender.”  “Absolutely not.  They are Snakes and they never surrender and if they did I would not accept it.  Two and Three lets get up on that hill and take them out.”

“War Axe One to Snoopers Two and Three do not obey that order.”  The response was the Phoenix Hawk, Nightsky and Firestarter went after the Regulars infantry. 

The Regulars grunts sent SRM after SRM at the charging mechs.  Mackenzie could hear weapons fire to the south east. 

“Good job boys those bastards are dead.” 

Mackenzie was in shock from the brutal conduct of the militia lance.  He knew how much the people of Kentares hated the Draconis Combine, but to butcher an already beaten unit of men and women with out asking for them to surrender seemed shameful. 

Jack was very tempted to order his warriors to attack and destroy the three militia mechs that had disobeyed orders and attacked the Regulars Infantry platoon.  His sense of pragmatism won out.  Doing so would be considered not only a breach of conduct, but treason and then he would have two armies to contend with. 

“War Axe One to all units, meet at the rendezvous.  Pickers do you copy.”  “Picker One Actual go ahead War Axe One.”  “I need you to send in the salvage vehicles I have enemy mechs and equipment that needs to be drug back to the staging area.”  “Picker One Actual copies, we will be there in approximately forty minutes.” 

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #55 on: 03 December 2011, 15:10:11 »
Results
Victory!
-------------------

Winner is: TEAM #1

85th Striker: 22331 BV remaining (from 25240 initially) 0 BV fled
3rd Benjamin Regulars: 0 BV remaining (from 17800 initially) 11042 BV fled

Survivors are:

Pilot : SGT. Tseng Fu Wong [3/4]

Pilot : SGT.James Fitzpatrick [4/5]

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3
Victory!
-------------------

Winner is: TEAM #1

85th Striker: 22331 BV remaining (from 25240 initially) 0 BV fled
3rd Benjamin Regulars: 0 BV remaining (from 17800 initially) 11042 BV fled

Survivors are:

Pilot : SGT. Tseng Fu Wong [3/4]

Pilot : SGT.James Fitzpatrick [4/5]

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3D (85th Striker)
Pilot : 2LT. Adrian Vernon [3/3]

Nightsky NGS-4T (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. William Davies [4/5]

Phoenix Hawk PXH-3K (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. Sara Brown [4/5]

Pilot : 1LT. Marsh Mackenzie [5/5]

Pilot : SGT. Seth Leonard [3/4] ( 1 hit(s) )

Nightsky NGS-4S (85th Striker)
Pilot : LT. Oren Argentine [4/4] ( 2 hit(s) )

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1D (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. Patrick Gamble [3/3]

Firestarter FS9-S (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. Edward Tukovic [4/4]

Stinger STG-3R (85th Striker)
Pilot : SGT. Tommy Stone [3/4]

MechWarrior Kashira Mike Ohashi (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Gunnery Skill : Kashira Mike Ohashi [4] ( 3 hit(s) )

J-27 Ordance Transport (+ Trailer) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Locust LCT-1V (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Unnamed [4/4]

Valkyrie VLK-QA (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Unnamed [3/3]

Foot Platoon (SRM) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Heavy Tracked APC (LRM) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Manticore Heavy Tank #4 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Dragon DRG-1N (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Chi-i Kira Hiroya [4/4]

Manticore Heavy Tank #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Foot Platoon (MG) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Heavy Tracked APC (LRM) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Dragon DRG-1N #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Sho-ko Ohira Sakuro [4/3]

Quickdraw QKD-4G (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Unnamed [3/4]

Coolant Truck (135-K) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Hatamoto-Kaze HTM-27V (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Tai-i Louis Humbolt [2/2]

Graveyard contains:
Wasp WSP-1S (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Unnamed [4/3]

Coolant Truck (135-K) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Marauder MAD-3D (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Pilot : Kashira Mike Ohashi [4/4] ( 3 hit(s) )

Heavy Tracked APC (MG) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Destroyed by Nightsky NGS-4S (85th Striker)

Foot Platoon (Flamer) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Destroyed by Firestarter FS9-S (85th Striker)

Heavy Tracked APC (SRM) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Manticore Heavy Tank (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Destroyed by Victor VTR-9K (85th Striker)

Manticore Heavy Tank #3 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

J-27 Ordance Transport (+ Trailer) #4 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

J-27 Ordance Transport (+ Trailer) #2 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

J-27 Ordance Transport (+ Trailer) #3 (3rd Benjamin Regulars)

Foot Platoon (SRM) (3rd Benjamin Regulars)
Destroyed by Phoenix Hawk PXH-1D (85th Striker)

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #56 on: 09 December 2011, 13:38:45 »
Salvage:
85th Striker:
MAD-3D, Heavy Tracked APC (SRM), 4 tons LRM ammo, 2 tons AMS ammo, 2 tons SRM ammo, 1 ton MG ammo.

KIV DMM:
Manticore Heavy Tank, Manticore Heavy Tank, Heavy Tracked APC (MG), Coolant Truck (135-K),4 tons AC5 ammo, 3 tons SRM ammo, 2 tons MG ammo.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #57 on: 25 February 2012, 19:03:31 »
85th Striker vs 3BR dropship and its defenders

The 85th Striker is tasked with engaging a dropship and its defenders a few kilometers south of the Antrim Hills.  The 85th Striker is to cause as much damage to the dropship and its defenders as possible.  If possible the dropship is to be taken or destroyed.

The 85th Striker is to retreat if enemy reinforcements move into the area. 

Time of day: Morning
Temp: 6 degrees Celsius
Wind: Light

85th and KIV DMM
CPLT-C185 Catapult 65t MAJ. Jack Klein (Elite 2/2)
MAD-5D85 Marauder 75t CMSGT. Mark Walther (Elite 2/2)
VND-3L Vindicator 45t SSGT. Tseng Fu Wong (Veteran 3/4)
VTR-9K Victor 80t SGT. James Fitzpatrick (Regular 4/5)
PXH-3D 45t 2LT. Adrian Vernon (Veteran 3/3)
NGS-4T Nightsky 50t SGT. William Davies (Regular 4/5)
PXH-3K 45t SGT. Sara Brown (Regular 4/5)
Maxim Heavy Hover Transport 50t (Regular 4/5)
(2LT. David Fritz, CPL Jeff Thompson, CPL Nathan Green, PVT. Zedorik Hajder)
Maxim Heavy Hover Transport 50t (Green 5/6)
(SSGT. Jakob Lehnich, CPL. Conan Le Bris, PVT. Jason Ortega, PVT. Jacob Pak)
Maxim (3039) 50t (Regular 4/4)
(SGT. Signe Melsome, CPL. Gary Bell, PVT. Bazid Subhaga, PVT. Kaseeb Kamal)
1st Platoon (RFL) (Regular 4/5)
CPT. Greg Owen, MSGT. Darren Rutgers
3rd Platoon (LRM) (Veteran 3/3)
2LT. Jose Simon, SSGT. Kamei Korenori
4th Platoon (SRM) ( Veteran 3/3)
2LT. Charlie Pimental, SSGT. Frederick Grubber
Cavalry Attack Helicopter (TAG) 4/5
Cavalry Attack Helicopter (TAG) 4/5
Chaparral Missile Artillery Tank 4/5
Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun 4/5
Hunter Light Support Tank 4/5
Patton Tank 4/5

Expected resistance.

3rd Benjamin Regulars
Fortress Class Dropship 4/5
GRF-3M 4/4
DRG-1N 3/5
KTO-C 3/4
ASN-21 3/3
LCT-3M 4/3
Foot Platoon (Rifle) 4/5
Foot Platoon (Rifle) 4/5
Foot Platoon (MG) 4/5
Pegasus Hover Tank (3058) 4/5
Pegasus Hover Tank (3058) 4/5
Vedette Medium Tank 4/5
Striker Light Tank (3058) 4/5
Striker Light Tank (3058) 4/5
Coolant Truck (Tracked) 4/5
« Last Edit: 26 February 2012, 14:21:30 by Demon55 »

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #58 on: 25 February 2012, 19:06:13 »
Good Luck and have fun. Can't wait to see the results.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: 26 February 2012, 00:37:29 »
A fortress would be good to take home and show the family. ::)
Should be a fun battle.
Growing up is optional.