Author Topic: The New officially unofficial Arrow thread  (Read 31212 times)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: The New officially unofficial Arrow thread
« Reply #240 on: 30 May 2017, 01:15:56 »
There is this handy button on the forums labeled "New topic".  :P

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #241 on: 30 May 2017, 06:06:02 »
Maybe not.  BUt i don't remember us having one about the 100 show..

One can always start a new thread...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #242 on: 13 October 2017, 00:53:58 »
OK.. So the new season started, but if you didn't see, it started at 11pm on Thursday..  (i wonder WHY the shift to such a late time slot??)

So, it seems most everyone made it off the island in one piece, except thea, who is in a coma..  Black siren tried to kill whatzhername, and got shot by lance to save her.  BUT She's now back and has a vengence complex..
Oh, and Ollicity is back on it seems.
And at the end of the ep, Oli's secret ID is revealed for all to see!
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Garrand

• Warrant Officer
  • "Nicht kleckern, klotzen!"
« Reply #243 on: 13 October 2017, 12:25:59 »
Thought it was a pretty solid episode, needing to re-establish the characters & the setting, & doing it fairly well, with good flow in revealing the island outcome via flashbacks that kept you watching. Certainly a better season premiere than Supergirl or Flash this time around...

Damon.
Book Blog: bookslikedust.blogspot.com
Minis Blog: minislikedust.blogspot.com

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #244 on: 13 October 2017, 15:27:18 »
I actually HATED the switching back and forth in this one...

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #245 on: 27 October 2017, 00:27:39 »
Ooohhh..  So that FBI chickky has it out for Oli/Arrow, and now is including his team.  AND She seems to know who they all are..  Or at least suspects..  Though DIGGY, why??  WHY???

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #246 on: 27 October 2017, 18:51:32 »
Am I the only one who sees a resemblance between the FBI agent and Misty Knight?

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #247 on: 27 October 2017, 18:59:12 »
Also, it would probably solve a lot of issues with Oliver's relationship with his son if he introduced his son to Barry ;)

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #248 on: 27 October 2017, 19:26:07 »
Just wait for the crossover event this season.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #249 on: 27 October 2017, 20:21:06 »
Ooohhh..  So that FBI chickky has it out for Oli/Arrow, and now is including his team.  AND She seems to know who they all are..  Or at least suspects..  Though DIGGY, why??  WHY???
He just wants to b normal again and get his hand back to working properly again. As for the show, it's losing me as are the other DC shows.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #250 on: 27 October 2017, 22:05:49 »
I saw the whole "I'll be stupid and go to less than scrupulous sources to fix my problem with a drug that will certainly come back to haunt me and the team later rather than be up front with the team and get the fix sooner that I will eventually anyway" plotline coming as soon as they revealed Diggle was having tremors.

If anyone else failed to see that coming I envy them.

As far as the FBI chick I may have to check the casting on that because she does look familiar but not Misty Knight familiar I'm pretty sure.

I also expect the whole FBI thing to be some evil plot.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #251 on: 27 October 2017, 23:16:13 »
Just wait for the crossover event this season.

Will it be like last season where it has everyone inc LoT and Supergirl??  OR just be a good ole Barry and oli pair up!

I also expect the whole FBI thing to be some evil plot.

She's certainly giving me evil vibes.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #252 on: 27 October 2017, 23:39:07 »
Which is a shame if it is an evil plot.

I would actually like to see someone who demands accountability of the supposed good guys not be some sort of villain.

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #253 on: 28 October 2017, 06:32:52 »
Oh, I wasn't saying it was the same actress (Definitely different).  Just the hairstyle and the attitude is very reminiscent of Misty Knight from the Defenders.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #254 on: 28 October 2017, 12:41:50 »
I still feel like I recognize the actress herself though.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #255 on: 28 October 2017, 13:37:44 »
Will it be like last season where it has everyone inc LoT and Supergirl??  OR just be a good ole Barry and oli pair up!

She's certainly giving me evil vibes.

Crisis on Earth-X will cross over all the shows reportedly:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/dc-entertainment/266761/dc-tv-crossover-2017-cw-superhero-event-is-crisis-on-earth-x

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #256 on: 28 October 2017, 15:02:24 »
So the thanksgiving weekend..  Got it!

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #257 on: 29 October 2017, 22:14:13 »
Whelp. Time for me to do my annual "watch one Legends episode and then forget it exists"
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #258 on: 24 November 2017, 15:12:30 »
 So thinking about Oliver's legal troubles.  Considering he was one of the leaders of the team that saved the planet (not to mention honored by the president...) I would think the president would have pardoned him...

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #259 on: 24 November 2017, 16:05:35 »
So thinking about Oliver's legal troubles.  Considering he was one of the leaders of the team that saved the planet (not to mention honored by the president...) I would think the president would have pardoned him...

Who knows.  Maybe that whole saving the planet was in an alternate-alternate universe!

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #260 on: 29 November 2017, 04:23:09 »
Whelp. Time for me to do my annual "watch one Legends episode and then forget it exists"

You're doing yourself a disservice. After an admittedly very rough start, subsequent seasons of Legends have seen it become probably the consistently best of the Arrowverse shows. Yes, it can still be a little cheesy at times, but they embrace the whole comicbook-ness of it all and just have fun. Like how Flash was during its first season and how they're trying to get back to in the current one. And like how Arrow pretty much never was.

As for this year's crossover... It was ****** awesome. Let me count the ways...

• How it incorporated the casts of each show much better than last year's crossover.
  • That it truly was a four-hour story rather than separate episodes united by a common thread.
  • The wedding fight scene with everyone in civilian clothing.
  • Alex and Sara hooking up and Alex being freaked out by it while Sara just smirks and takes it all in stride.
  • Every line out of Mick's mouth.
  • The revamped look for Red Tornado.
  • Tommy Merlyn!
  • Killer Frost's ice slides.
  • A costume for Zari (though she still needs a codename that isn't "Isis").
  • The Ray. (When is his animated series coming out, anyway?)
  • Martin Stein's death being so emotional.
  • The hero lineup just before the final battle.
  • The final battle.

I don't see how they can top it next year.
« Last Edit: 29 November 2017, 04:38:57 by roosterboy »

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #261 on: 29 November 2017, 05:42:56 »
They can top it by not doing it. Any attempt to match/exceed this year's crossover is doomed to fail. Plain and simple.
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #262 on: 29 November 2017, 08:31:19 »
The only problem is I watched the final episode at work.  Glad no one was around to see me tear up about Stein...

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #263 on: 29 November 2017, 08:37:01 »
I quit watching all of the arrowverse shows last year. Is it possible to understand what is going on by just watching these four episodes?

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #264 on: 29 November 2017, 09:04:05 »
Yes, as none of these four episodes involves any of the main villains from the four current season plotlines. MInor stuff is included like the Flash's wedding and supergirl's and her sister's individual breakups.
« Last Edit: 29 November 2017, 15:43:13 by Sharpnel »

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #265 on: 29 November 2017, 15:02:37 »
You're doing yourself a disservice. After an admittedly very rough start, subsequent seasons of Legends have seen it become probably the consistently best of the Arrowverse shows. Yes, it can still be a little cheesy at times, but they embrace the whole comicbook-ness of it all and just have fun. Like how Flash was during its first season and how they're trying to get back to in the current one. And like how Arrow pretty much never was.

I do love the campiness of Legends..  BUT still (so far) prefer Arrow to flash or supergirl.

How it incorporated the casts of each show much better than last year's crossover.

IN a way yes, but it took a while to get a # of the others into it.. Most of the legends didn't appear till the last ep
Most of team arrow showed up only in his ep then got captured.  (AND WHY THE HELL didn't ms screamer use that ON false Oli, rather than them all going in for hand to hand with someone they KNOW ROUTINELY KICKS ALL their asses??)

That it truly was a four-hour story rather than separate episodes united by a common thread.

It most definitely was.. 

The wedding fight scene with everyone in civilian clothing.

Though WHERE did Oli keep his bow and quiver hidden when he was in that suit?
It almost looked like he flicked his wrist and out popped his bow, to grow into full size..?  WHEN DID he have the power to do that?
Same with some of the others and their weapons..

Alex and Sara hooking up and Alex being freaked out by it while Sara just smirks and takes it all in stride.

It was partially funny, but with the also rubbing our 'faces in it' with Snart and his guy pal, i felt BOTH were rather hammed up..

Every line out of Mick's mouth.

Nazis.. I HATE NAZIS!

The revamped look for Red Tornado.

Agreed.  THOUGH i wonder..  IF the alternate earth X had been changed since 1945 so vastly, WITH the nazis winning, WHY THEN did everyone else seem to not change (other than their allegiance)?
Why would Oli and co even have been born?  Same with "Guardian/winn".  Hell, with the time line so changed, NONE of those heroes should have been alive..

Tommy Merlyn!

Good to see him, even if only for a brief minute..  AND why the hell did it take them so long after capturing them to REMOVE HIS BLOODY HOOD??

Killer Frost's ice slides.

While cool visually, she's never exhibited that level of control.

A costume for Zari (though she still needs a codename that isn't "Isis").

How's about Windy!!

The Ray. (When is his animated series coming out, anyway?)

IF he's supposed to be from OUR earth, when and where did he come from and HOW did he switch to being on earth X??

Martin Stein's death being so emotional.

That it was..  I wonder how the Lot will handle it going forward..

The hero lineup just before the final battle.

It was nice, but WHY the hell did those nazis who were what, 80 yards or so clearly away, AND ALL WITH GUNS, just not stand back and start SHOOTING! rather than all of them getting almost nose to nose before doing anything?  Did they go to the 'dumb ass evil mook school of fighting?"

Though you forgot one thing..  The end scene where Barry swooped in to pick up Diggle to have him marry both Barry/iris and Oli/felicity..

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #266 on: 29 November 2017, 17:55:56 »

Don't get me wrong. I love me some good comic book cheese. The problem is that Legends still has all the banal crap that caused me to drop the show in the first place. They now just have it with a slightly different cast.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #267 on: 29 November 2017, 21:04:27 »
Though WHERE did Oli keep his bow and quiver hidden when he was in that suit?
It almost looked like he flicked his wrist and out popped his bow, to grow into full size..?  WHEN DID he have the power to do that?

Oliver has long had a little compact bow that he can flick out into a full-sized one. While this wasn’t the exact same bow, you gotta figure that Oliver being Oliver, he wouldn't even attend a wedding without having some kind of weapon at hand. And he only shot two arrows during the whole battle, so I’m okay with assuming he had a couple of collapsible arrows or something hidden in his tux. It’s not like he had a whole quiver.

Same with some of the others and their weapons..

Mick was the only other one with a weapon and you gotta figure he takes that flame gun with him everywhere. Everyone else without inherent powers (i.e., Sara and Alex) improvised weapons from stuff in the church or took weapons from downed Nazis.

Agreed.  THOUGH i wonder..  IF the alternate earth X had been changed since 1945 so vastly, WITH the nazis winning, WHY THEN did everyone else seem to not change (other than their allegiance)?
Why would Oli and co even have been born?  Same with “Guardian/winn”.  Hell, with the time line so changed, NONE of those heroes should have been alive..

I mean, that's just the way these alternate universe stories go. As another example, there is absolutely no reason why any of the Mirror Universe characters should exist in various Star Trek series except that they are versions of the regular cast. Same here. Just go with it.

While cool visually, she’s never exhibited that level of control.

Sure she has.

IF he’s supposed to be from OUR earth, when and where did he come from and HOW did he switch to being on earth X??

That will apparently be answered in the Freedom Fighters: The Ray animated short series coming out next month. Russell Tovey will provide the voice just as he portrayed Ray in the live action show.

It was nice, but WHY the hell did those nazis who were what, 80 yards or so clearly away, AND ALL WITH GUNS, just not stand back and start SHOOTING! rather than all of them getting almost nose to nose before doing anything?  Did they go to the ‘dumb ass evil mook school of fighting?”

No, they went to the "that's how faceless bad guy hordes work in genre fiction" school of fighting.

Another kickass moment I forgot to mention was Wally’s sole action scene, blocking all of a Nazi trooper’s bullets and then throwing one back into the dude’s gun muzzle. I haven’t always been Wally’s biggest fan but that was pretty cool, I must admit.

William J. Pennington

• Lieutenant
« Reply #268 on: 29 November 2017, 21:12:00 »

I don't see how they can top it next year.

I want them to try. Even if they fall a little short..anything close to it would be worth watching.  It was a simply amazing. Laughter,  many out loud "woohoo" moments..a little dust got in my eyes at the end, maybe it was allergies.
« Last Edit: 03 December 2017, 18:33:48 by William J. Pennington »

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #269 on: 30 November 2017, 00:15:00 »
Sure she has.

Was that in the 'evil verse, reality' where Zoom started out in??

Another kickass moment I forgot to mention was Wally’s sole action scene, blocking all of a Nazi trooper’s bullets and then throwing one back into the dude’s gun muzzle. I haven’t always been Wally’s biggest fan but that was pretty cool, I must admit.

It was, but i was also shocked they never thought to get Jessie back for it..

Register