Author Topic: Some questions about the Brotherhood/Fiefdom of Randis  (Read 1168 times)

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
Some questions about the Brotherhood/Fiefdom of Randis
« on: 28 April 2017, 19:00:03 »
First of all, thanks in advance for the answers, i hope this is the right place for these questions. Now to the questions:

First: Randis IV population. In older sources (1st ed The Periphery) set in the late Succession Wars, it sets the population in a estimated 3000-5000 number. The 2nd ed The Periphery mention "small towns". Field Manual: The Periphery, set in 3064, put the population in 8000, and now talks about "cities" with spaceports each one. Now the surprise came with Master and Minions: The StarCorps Dossier, set in 3077, as in page 238 of the book we have a nice summary of Randis IV in the new format, in which the planet have 12.154.000 inhabitants! As far i know that is the last source to set a population number for the planet. The question is, from where all that people appeared? The last sources mention some migration (caused by the FCCW and the Jihad), but moving that number of people in short time would be impossible given the number of DS, JS, and the distance from the IS to Randis IV. Or could it be that Comstar did a horrible job counting heads?

Second: Who build Hope Mech Works? My first tough would be The Brotherhood, but a mention in Objectives: Periphery pg. 29 mention no locals involved in the design, funding or construction of the Hawkwolf. The factory appearance was sudden in 3075 (according to Objectives: Periphery) producing 2 primitive designs, and later making a whole new mixed-tech mech. Was HMW a fully local development, or some external organization provided funding, know-how or a mix of both? Could this be connected to the mysterious source of funding of the Brotherhood mentioned in JC: IP 2, pag. 45, paragraph 2?

Third: Is there a Brotherhood of Randis "Third Battalion"? In FM:U the BoR have 2 overstrength battalions as in Field Report: Periphery (3079), but Jihad: Final Reckoning pag. 116 (set in 3081) mention a voting to create a third battalion, and Starcorps dossier in pag. 245, in the Lukas Beckett bio mention the recruit of ex-clan pilots to create a possible third battalion, but again the FM:3085 and FM:3145 the Brotherhood only have 2 OS battalions. Can be this attributed to rumors and assumptions, or is there a BoR secret third battalion?

Fourth: This is simpler. Both FM: 3145 and the entry of the TRO: 3150 Hawkwolf mention Operation: TRIDENT, a year long raiding campgain made by the BoR, Filvet and the CP in 3129 against the Tortuga Dominion, finalizing with an assault against Port Royale (explained in the Hawkwolf text). Is there any plan to show more of this event in future products?
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Register