Author Topic: Knight Haunters mercs company,  (Read 2486 times)

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
Knight Haunters mercs company,
« on: 23 July 2017, 01:02:42 »
 The Knight Haunters is a well-equipped but cash-poor mercenary company made up of Inner Sphere born former Wolfs Dragoon mechwarriors. After the revelation of the Dragoons origins made public in 3051, many of the IS born "adoptees" who had not been let in on the secret felt uncomfortable and even betrayed by Jamie Wolf. Numerous members resigned over the next few years as the Clan cultural influences, finally allowed to show, began to effect the units more and more. The Dragoons command understood that the truth would be hard for everyone to deal with and let most of the pilots go without any legal issues, voiding contracts or accepting buy-outs from those mechwarrior who could afford it.
 In 3054, Geraint Knight, a lance commander in Gamma Regiment, finally had to leave. The years fighting the Clans and his first hand expirience with Smoke Jaguar atrocities, had built up a deep hatred for all thungs "Clan" inside him, helped along by the death of his younger brother, a FedCom mechwarrior, at the hands of Clan Jade Falcon. Knight and his best friend, Edison Hicks, tendered their resignations on the same day; Knight paying out a hefty sum to break his contract and to pay for the final repairs to his mech, a Shogun gifted to him by him regimental Colonel after the destruction of his family Archer.
 Knight and Hicks spent the next 4 months on Outreach recruiting and tracking down other former Dragoons. The idea was to build a unit from soldiers who already had the shared experience and training of Dragoon service. Possibly make the unit feel like the family they had all given up.
 4 months later the Knight Haunters accepted their first contract. Raiding along the Jade Falcon occupation border for Tharkad. Made up of 12 former Dragoon mechwarrior and a handful of former Dragoon tech's, the unit also includes 10 Dragoon issued mechs legally owned by their pilots; the other two, older-tech, mechs were purchased by the Haunters using the generous advance negotiated in the contract. The 9 month mission to perform deep raids into Clan held territory was an extremely risky contract for a fledgling unit, but the Dragoons pedigry went a long way to earning them some significant financial concessions.
 Now they are poised to begin their attacks against the hated Clans, all of the unit's mechs are in perfect working condition, but the unit's cash reserve is almost nil. Salvage and objective bonuses will be supremely important if the Haunters hope to stay battle-viable and more importantly, employable, in the future.

The Knight Haunters, CO: Captain Geriant Knight

Command Lance
Shotgun 2H, Knight
Guillotine 4L, Conners
Trebuchet 5N, McBride
Wolfhound 1, Tanaka

Attack Lance
Grasshopper 5M, Hicks
Victor 9K, Ramirez
Quickdraw 5M, Blaine
Panther 9R, Barkely

Support Lance
Stalker 5M, Weller
Dragon 1N, Hansen
Blackjack 2, Crimes
Dervish 7D, LaBelle
« Last Edit: 23 July 2017, 02:00:31 by Major Headcase »

snakespinner

• Captain
Re: Knight Haunters mercs company,
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2017, 03:04:39 »
An interesting unit.
Just wondering with the heavy nature of the unit wouldn't it be good to put the faster light/medium mechs into a recon lance.
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
Re: Knight Haunters mercs company,
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2017, 03:20:20 »
An interesting unit.
Just wondering with the heavy nature of the unit wouldn't it be good to put the faster light/medium mechs into a recon lance.
Had considered it, but vs Clans I don't think a recon lance would survive well. Also, other than the Wolfhound, none of these mechs are really very fast, so having the Lights as Lance spotters and backstabbers seems  a better idea to me. The Command Lance and the Support Lance are there to cover the flanks of the heavy Strike Lance, all jump capable quality skirmishers. Not to get too nerdy, but I see my lights, and light Mediums, like Halfling Rogue knife fighters: Shoot n scoot back-shots while the big bruisers hold their attention.