Author Topic: Nine Star Stories  (Read 6303 times)

RexCalices

• Recruit
Nine Star Stories
« on: 02 September 2017, 21:28:31 »
Greetings everyone!

I had some questions regarding the Fronc Reaches but seeing as I couldn't find a thread... here is one. Everyone interested in being a Colonial Marshal and getting a badge for your mech is welcome.

On to the questions - considering running something in the Dark Age and I noted that there isn't a random table for the Fronc Reaches in the Field Manual 3145. Does anyone have any recommendation on mechs that would be found in the Fronc Reaches at that time? Should I just use FM 3085 as a basis? The only mention I get is that by that time period the Fronc Reach can make Wasps, Stingers, Locusts, Clints, Toros, Riflemen and Hunchbacks on its own.

I would use the regular Periphery table but I note that back in 3085 the Fronc Reach table was heavily influenced by having the Taurians, Cappies and Canopans all trading with them. Was that trade still a continuing thing later on?

snakespinner

• Captain
Re: Nine Star Stories
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2017, 01:26:37 »
There is a Master unit list for battletech, you can probably find mechs under the periphery general list.
You can look on Sarna for production of Detroit.
I believe the produced Marshalls, Ostroc, Eyleuka, Duan Gung, Anubis, Stingers and Wasps.
Just look up MUL Battletech on google for the site.
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2017, 03:31:21 »
Fronc Reaches would use the FM3145 Generic Periphery table.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

RexCalices

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2017, 08:35:48 »
There is a Master unit list for battletech, you can probably find mechs under the periphery general list.
You can look on Sarna for production of Detroit.
I believe the produced Marshalls, Ostroc, Eyleuka, Duan Gung, Anubis, Stingers and Wasps.
Just look up MUL Battletech on google for the site.

Thanks for the response - the MUL will certainly be useful.

I also did note, on looking further, that the Canopians apparently gave a small tithe from the Detroit plant to the Fronc Reaches - unknown how long that lasted.

I am aware that the Fronc Reaches would later on use the general Periphery table - I'm just looking for any mechs that would be especially relevant to the Fronc Reaches compared to other states.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2017, 10:19:04 »
Acording to FM:3145, they are producing introtech Clints, Hunchbacks, Riflemans, Locusts, Wasps, Stingers, retrotech Toros and the armed industrimech Raider. Also Vedettes and Hertzers.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

RexCalices

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2017, 07:42:48 »
Acording to FM:3145, they are producing introtech Clints, Hunchbacks, Riflemans, Locusts, Wasps, Stingers, retrotech Toros and the armed industrimech Raider. Also Vedettes and Hertzers.

Yep - I did some looking and I can sort of guess for myself that based on 3085 and what they had most commonly, a good shortlist for most common Fronc Reaches mechs would be something as follows.

Anubis
Stinger
Wasp
Locust
Commando
Toro
--
Marshal
Hunchback
Clint
Vindicator
Griffin
Raider
--
Ostroc
Rifleman
Thunderbolt
Warhammer
Archer
Cataphract
--
Stalkers
Longbows
Awesome
Victor

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2017, 21:18:42 »
apparently someone is a FSS fan 'Nine Star Stories'?

RexCalices

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 14 September 2017, 08:03:16 »
apparently someone is a FSS fan 'Nine Star Stories'?

It seemed like an appropriate name. :)

In any event - does anyone know if there were any stories or such written featuring the Fronc Reaches? Or where is the best place to go to look for information on them?

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 22 October 2017, 19:36:42 »
The Anubis is mentioned as being a favorite of the Colonial Marshals! Cant explain why I like that little mech so much, but I do the 5Y fun to run.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 23 October 2017, 00:30:07 »
It seemed like an appropriate name. :)

In any event - does anyone know if there were any stories or such written featuring the Fronc Reaches? Or where is the best place to go to look for information on them?
I think there was one story/serial about Colonial Marshals, but I'm not sure.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #10 on: 12 October 2018, 15:09:58 »
Threadomancy!!!

Regarding the Fronc Reaches, any novels featuring them? The final reference was not answered, and I am unsure if anything on them has been published in the last 2 years. :)

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #11 on: 12 October 2018, 23:49:14 »
Still nothing!
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Doom

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 21 December 2018, 21:45:09 »
The Marshal Way was a serial on BattleCorps. It was about Colonial Marshals. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/The_Marshal_Way

The new Spotlight On: Holt's Hilltoppers notes that they moved to the Reaches before the Jihad and stayed there.

There is also the Turning Points: Fronc Reaches and Touring the Stars: Herotitus is coming soon.