Author Topic: B1 Bomber  (Read 2035 times)

sp111kg

• Corporal
  • Clan Wolf
B1 Bomber
« on: 11 October 2017, 12:28:33 »
Hello all. Was wondering if I can get some help in making a B1 Bomber for Alpha Strike. I looked around and was unable to find anything close to what I want.

I have 2 models for the B1 so it would be neat if they can be used.

Was thinking of making it 50 Points to purchase
Bomb5, speed average say 8 inches on the table. Still new to this so wondering if there are any things that can be added so It can have flares or similar items.

Or, if your reading this and saying, wow, there is already a unit like this in MUL, please share.

Thanks and I apologize if a B1 like plane exists already.
sp111kg

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: B1 Bomber
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2017, 13:11:24 »
Well, the reason atmospheric strategic bombers don't exist in the BTU is because there's so little point in them when you have strategic space assets instead.  What's an aircraft that can carry a bunch of bombs going to do for you that a warship overhead can't?

Even in those eras where Ortillery is either unavailable or inappropriate, you can do what an atmospheric strategic bomber could do by simply using any old existing small craft or dropship.   Check out Alpha Strike Companion page 63 (the Internal Bomb Bay quirk).

Think of that scene from Avatar :D

If you truly must do an atmospheric craft, I'd just build a support vehicle as large and fast as you can while still giving it tons of internal cargo space.  And give it that IBB quirk :D
« Last Edit: 11 October 2017, 13:13:30 by Tai Dai Cultist »

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 11 October 2017, 17:24:54 »

The Roubvogel is your closest analog, but alas has no record sheet or MUL entry at this time. Check the Sarna page.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

sp111kg

• Corporal
  • Clan Wolf
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2017, 09:05:09 »
Well, the reason atmospheric strategic bombers don't exist in the BTU is because there's so little point in them when you have strategic space assets instead.  What's an aircraft that can carry a bunch of bombs going to do for you that a warship overhead can't?

Even in those eras where Ortillery is either unavailable or inappropriate, you can do what an atmospheric strategic bomber could do by simply using any old existing small craft or dropship.   Check out Alpha Strike Companion page 63 (the Internal Bomb Bay quirk).

Think of that scene from Avatar :D

If you truly must do an atmospheric craft, I'd just build a support vehicle as large and fast as you can while still giving it tons of internal cargo space.  And give it that IBB quirk :D

True true. Ill see if it can be used as a strategic asset if there is some sort of abstract bombing phase in a campaign.

The Roubvogel is your closest analog, but alas has no record sheet or MUL entry at this time. Check the Sarna page.

I seen that one. I do like the plane itself, wish I had a model of it (might try my hand at 3d making one) It crossed my mind as a suitable B1 bomber base to build off of.
sp111kg