Author Topic: New Unseen Minis from Combat Manuals  (Read 2873 times)

Suups

• Recruit
New Unseen Minis from Combat Manuals
« on: 20 October 2017, 01:08:25 »
Question, for anyone who can answer it:

Is there any official/confirmed information on the current state of the remaining Unseen redesigns from the combat manuals?  Specifically the Marauder and Warhammer.  Are they indefinitely postponed thanks to the latest Harmony Gold shenanigans, or is there some info I'm missing out on?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: New Unseen Minis from Combat Manuals
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2017, 01:27:40 »
There is no official statement regarding these. It's probably - purely a personal opinion - unwise for anyone in CGL to say anything while legal action is pending. But I am definitely not a lawyer.

* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Geont

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2017, 01:30:55 »
If I were in CGL position then I wouldn't release any info about minis mentioned in current HG law suit as this could be seen negatively during trial and if it went badly for CGL then fans respond would be very bitter. Now we can hope that it will go smoothly for CGL and we get these minis after law suit ends. These would be great as reinforcement lance packs.
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

Suups

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2017, 23:34:04 »
That's a real shame but pretty much what I expected.

Thanks!

Juodas Varnas

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2017, 00:51:28 »
I'm more interested in where's Scorpion and Goliath (and the rest of the Ost mechs)!

Since they shouldn't be affected by the lawsuit (since Scorpion and Goliath are from Dougram) but are suspiciously absent from those new boxes we've been shown.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2017, 01:10:21 »
Again, I have absolutely no privileged info. But it's possible they're hanging onto all developments other than those that got out beforehand, and just aren't going to touch the whole thing until they know exactly what they can do.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2017, 03:45:32 »
I'm more interested in where's Scorpion and Goliath (and the rest of the Ost mechs)!

Since they shouldn't be affected by the lawsuit (since Scorpion and Goliath are from Dougram) but are suspiciously absent from those new boxes we've been shown.

My two cents? Likely harder to do quads as a single piece mini as I suspect the new box minis will be.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 22 October 2017, 11:24:26 »
WT thats fine for anything RT related, but what of the rest?? The OSTs aren't unseen (just ugly) and the Goliath/Scorpion are from another series entirely.

Though would be nice to know whats the story for the Wasp, P Hawk, Valk as they are not involved in the current mess... But I understand the situation.

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 22 October 2017, 20:10:41 »
Have you seen the "Classic" Ostscout?
It looks a hell of a lot better than the Unseen.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 22 October 2017, 20:13:40 »
Art looks a little better than the mini. I think it was the legs that looked a little beefy compared to the art, but I did buy two(?) with plans for 4 more.

The Shadow Hawk (metal) I still plan on buying at least a companies worth total (2 so far). Would love to get another company or two of the wasp though...

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #10 on: 22 October 2017, 21:13:36 »
Sharing the SHAD love. Just made my first one, got a couple more waiting. Simply can't stand the Reseen SHAD, so looking forward to modding one to the RAC configuration O0

Phobos101

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 23 October 2017, 05:34:50 »
Have you seen the "Classic" Ostscout?
It looks a hell of a lot better than the Unseen.

I love the art of the new ostscout, the mini ha some serious proportional issues though.

Suups

• Recruit
« Reply #12 on: 23 October 2017, 11:50:01 »
I've liked all of the new designs shown in the combat manuals, despite some minor issues (like the wolverine's chin turret).  The Ostscout is a particular favourite, because it just looks GOOD, especially when the original is pug fugly.

WT thats fine for anything RT related, but what of the rest?? The OSTs aren't unseen (just ugly) and the Goliath/Scorpion are from another series entirely.

Though would be nice to know whats the story for the Wasp, P Hawk, Valk as they are not involved in the current mess... But I understand the situation.

Wait, are the Wasp Phoenix Hawk and Valkyrie seriously not part of the lawsuit?  All three are unaltered copies of different Macross Valkyries.  They didn't even change the name of the Valkyrie lol.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 23 October 2017, 12:26:12 »
I love the art of the new ostscout, the mini ha some serious proportional issues though.

I like the new Ostscout art as well. Such a huge improvement over the original art, IMO.

Because the Ostroc and Ostsol are an integral part of the 3025 scene, I would love to see new art for them as well. I thought the Project Phoenix versions were quite good, too. But if we could see new art in the vein of the new Ostscout, yes please!

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #14 on: 23 October 2017, 12:52:12 »
Wait, are the Wasp Phoenix Hawk and Valkyrie seriously not part of the lawsuit?  All three are unaltered copies of different Macross Valkyries.  They didn't even change the name of the Valkyrie lol.

In fairness, the Valkyrie was very heavily changed, IMO, to where it bears only superficial similarities to the original Macross mecha. The other two also have substantial changes (though it'll be up to a court to decide if we fans lucked out and the changes are substantial enough to pass the "seven changes" test)

And the name Valkyrie is pretty common, and well-nigh untrademarkable. Kawamori has been very open in saying he named the VF-1 in honor of the the XB-70 Valkyrie experimental supersonic bomber from the '60s.
« Last Edit: 23 October 2017, 12:55:04 by Pat Payne »

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #15 on: 23 October 2017, 12:56:00 »
none of those had been released to the public yet when the lawsuit was filed, so only the archer and warhammer (IIRC) were available for HG to include. however the results of the lawsuit would apply to all the macross-unseen derived classics, even if not explicitly mentioned.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #16 on: 23 October 2017, 13:12:53 »
No the Wasp and P Hawk are in the source materials listed in the docket.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #17 on: 23 October 2017, 15:58:35 »
last i'd looked it hadn't been. guess HG updated since.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 23 October 2017, 16:40:03 »
 The question was answered so this thread is being locked. There are previous threads about this topic of tot wish to discuss it.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Register