Author Topic: What To Do With A Massive Init Bonus  (Read 838 times)

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
What To Do With A Massive Init Bonus
« on: 22 October 2017, 00:38:10 »
OK the Mobile HQ has 7 tons of comm gear, so it grants a +2 bonus to init; it also has the Battle Computer Quirk, meaning another +2; you could also refit it to have a Cockpit Command Console for another +2 (Maybe). So that's a running total of +2.

Now Satellite Imagers provide a +1 each, but it doesn't stack if multiple Imagers are mounted on the same unit, so put each Imager on a different unit and your fine :P that's a total of +10.

Now if you had is advantage in a game how would you use it? And how good would it be?

grimlock1

• Captain
Re: What To Do With A Massive Init Bonus
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2017, 02:20:30 »
In a pickup game, I wouldn't allow all that on the table at once.

In a campaign, assuming that the player(s) earned all those bonuses, the opfor would be enlarged for a bigger fight.  In the case of the Mobile HQ, it would have to be on the table, in which case, the opfor would also get some kind of hunter/killer, gunning for that command center.
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2017, 02:42:20 »
Alternatively both sides have equal advantages, and the point is to kill the other command units while protecting yours.  Suddenly, more realistic strategy emerges from that need for initiative dominance!
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Easy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2017, 11:07:11 »
cleanup
« Last Edit: 29 May 2019, 19:13:47 by Easy »

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2017, 11:19:47 »
I would bank initiative say you win the first 2 turns ( as with those bonuses you would anyway and at at a critical turn auto declare I have it . Who has it the first 2 turns is not important anyway normally . You can take ruthless advantage of losing initiative if you field a lot of hover tanks to occupy adjacent hexes to force non jumping flankers to go further for end run around ect .

Register