Author Topic: I finally get to be that guy.  (Read 3088 times)

greasyspoon

• Corporal
I finally get to be that guy.
« on: 23 October 2017, 17:19:03 »
Any time I go to a new time I always google to see if there is a game store in town.  Never know what you will find.  Went buy this shop small lots of comics and cards very tiny rack of warmer 40K.  Started to leave notice a Battletech mini in a package in the display case.  Asked how much and he 4$, told him I would take it.  Then remembered he had a box of stuff in the back.  Brought it up and he had a total of 5 mini.  Asked how much and he said 4$ each, since his has had them years.  I was quite excited.  I am not familiar with them but for four bucks I am not going to pass them up.  Hover tanks look cool so I will give them shot in my next game.

NO-Dachi NDA-1k
Hercules
Bandit Hovercraft
Anvil Anv-3m
Dart Drt-3S

But for once I get to be that guy who finds a deal.     :D

IMG_0488 by Jon  NO-Dachi NDA-1k
IMG_0492 by Jon  Hercules
IMG_0491 by Jon Bandit Hovercraft
IMG_0490 by Jon  Anvil Anv-3m
IMG_0489 by Jon  Dart Drt-3S

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
Re: I finally get to be that guy.
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2017, 17:40:07 »
Yep, you are that guy all right. All are great finds!

Well done.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2017, 18:01:31 »
Most excellent! You've either got great reinforcements - they're useful designs, and good-looking minis - or the core of a nice merc unit!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2017, 18:58:46 »
Nice score dude.  Now go buy a lottery ticket  ;)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: 23 October 2017, 19:03:01 »
Wow, that's great find. 

The Hercules, Anvil Anv-3m, and the Dart Drt-3S were extremely hard to find when i was looking for them 5 years ago.  Especially the Anvil.  Great find indeed!  I hope you get great paint job for them!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 23 October 2017, 21:44:27 »
All favorite units of mine. Great deal !!

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #6 on: 30 October 2017, 08:54:38 »
Good stuff! Get crackin' on working on them! (I've been trying to get my hands on those Bandits for ages!). The No-Dachi though is the pick of the litter there, it's a good mini (if a bit rigid-posed), with some really good detail areas and plenty of areas to doodle things like kanji symbols if you wish. (Not a bad idea to pick up a flag from a Shiro from IWM to attach to its back if you want a really unique-looking addition to it!)
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 30 October 2017, 10:19:03 »
All No-dachis should be Deadpool!

greasyspoon

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: 30 October 2017, 11:00:28 »
I have them all assembled now.  The NO-Dachi does look cool.  I like the Dead pool idea.  By my favorite is the Hercules.  I like the solid bulky  look.  I just could not figure out were the little lasers went.  Looks good with out them though.  I will get them painted up soon.  I look forward to trying the bandits, have not never used non mechs in battle so that will be a first.

Mattlov

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Fnord.
« Reply #9 on: 30 October 2017, 15:26:11 »
If I remember the Herc, those lasers are the rear mounted ones.  But I could be wrong, it's probably been almost 20 years since I assembled mine!  :D
"The rules technically allow all sorts of bad ideas." -Moonsword

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 30 October 2017, 15:42:15 »
Rear mounted, yes.

If I remember the Herc, those lasers are the rear mounted ones.  But I could be wrong, it's probably been almost 20 years since I assembled mine!  :D

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
« Reply #11 on: 31 October 2017, 09:51:39 »
Be careful with those rear mounted lasers, they are tiny and tend to get lost during assembly. One of mine jumped of the tweezers and has never been seen again. Had to replace it with a homemade something.

greasyspoon

• Corporal
« Reply #12 on: 31 October 2017, 11:47:58 »
yeah I think I put mine in backwards.  I could not find a back picture of one.  after the super glue dried I look and though it does not look right.  If I mess it up to bad I will just use brass rod to fix it.

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 09 November 2017, 05:36:37 »
Be careful with those rear mounted lasers, they are tiny and tend to get lost during assembly. One of mine jumped of the tweezers and has never been seen again. Had to replace it with a homemade something.

On the plus side, the holes are nice and regular, so if you lose the laser nozzles you can just leave them empty and they still look like lasers. :-)

Wow, that's great find. 

The Hercules, Anvil Anv-3m, and the Dart Drt-3S were extremely hard to find when i was looking for them 5 years ago.  Especially the Anvil.  Great find indeed!  I hope you get great paint job for them!

I've got two Anvils and four Darts. 8)

I'm not a fan of the Anvil, but I love the Dart, particularly the two ML version with extra armour.