Author Topic: Scorched Earth - BattleTech WWE, 2017 - Download now!  (Read 11150 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Scorched Earth - BattleTech WWE, 2017 - Download now!
« on: 07 November 2017, 01:29:40 »

2 Years in the making.
3 BattleTech gamesystems.
44 events.
232 players.

The 2017 World-Wide Event, "Scorched Earth" - the battle for New Oslo, Clan Wolf vs. Free Raslehague Republic, July 3050.

Players across the world used Total Warfare, Alpha Strike, and A Time of War rules to play out the challenge. Now you and your friends can play it too!

Download the scenarios free from the links above, and also get original BattleTech fiction by Craig A. Reed Jr. and William Gautier.

Download the A Time of War scenario pack!
Download the Total Warfare and Alpha Strike scenario pack!

Then join the discussion!

On behalf of the BattleTech team, and with particular congratulations to the creative forces, Alex Kaempen and William Pennington,

Share and enjoy!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Scorched Earth - BattleTech WWE, 2017 - Download now!
« Reply #1 on: 07 November 2017, 07:19:44 »
Wow, this is cool.  Is this something you came up with?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Heavyguard

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 07 November 2017, 08:08:38 »
Its the official world wide event results that was announced at GenCon this year. There is more coming in 2018 too!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: 07 November 2017, 10:19:32 »
That's cool, i wish had demo guy near me.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #4 on: 07 November 2017, 12:01:04 »
Tagged for later did the Inner Sphere change result?
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 07 November 2017, 12:05:24 »
did the Inner Sphere change result?
I'm not sure what you're asking. Could you clarify? Then I can hopefully provide an answer.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #6 on: 07 November 2017, 12:05:38 »
Tagged and interested.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 07 November 2017, 13:35:32 »
I'm not sure what you're asking. Could you clarify? Then I can hopefully provide an answer.

I assumed there was victory conditions that would allow the IS to “win” I just wondered overall did the Inner Sphere “change” history by beating the historic result
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #8 on: 07 November 2017, 13:51:45 »
The ATOW campaign is just dated "late July."  I assume it's intended to be set between the events of "Lilihammer" (July 22) and "Ringsaker Valley," (July 25) but is it intended to be on July 23rd or 24th?
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #9 on: 07 November 2017, 14:08:25 »
I assumed there was victory conditions that would allow the IS to “win” I just wondered overall did the Inner Sphere “change” history by beating the historic result
having played the Alpha Strike version, a "win' for the IS side was just doing enough damage to the clan force before they wiped you out that it could be called a "valiant last stand" instead of a massacre.

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 07 November 2017, 14:17:25 »
but is it intended to be on July 23rd or 24th?
Your pick. That degree of variability was left in to allow GMs some degree of flexibility in running the campaign.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 07 November 2017, 14:18:22 »
I played in the Chicagoland TW event. That was fun.
That was the first time I really saw effective use of Nagas in play. Granted the FRR forces won the day due to time. The Clanners might of secured it in a couple of more turns though.

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 07 November 2017, 14:19:10 »
I just wondered overall did the Inner Sphere “change” history by beating the historic result
The scenario was structured so that even the most blowout victory by the IS would not "change" nor be interpreted as "changing" the canonical history of the universe.
-Saul Tigh

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 07 November 2017, 14:40:20 »
The scenario was structured so that even the most blowout victory by the IS would not "change" nor be interpreted as "changing" the canonical history of the universe.

Gotcha

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #14 on: 07 November 2017, 14:48:35 »
Your pick. That degree of variability was left in to allow GMs some degree of flexibility in running the campaign.

Thanks.  I'll put it on the 23rd in the Master Chronological Fiction List, because it would have more impact on the repair schedule for the Ringsaker Valley battle if it blows up earlier than later (especially given the plug-n-play nature of OmniMech repairs).
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 07 November 2017, 16:30:14 »
Just to be clear, unless TPTB say otherwise, this event was not canonical. This was a Demo Team organized and run event. All the writing and layout stuff was done purely voluntarily. If they wish to canonize it, that is solely up to TPTB.
-Saul Tigh

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #16 on: 07 November 2017, 17:42:18 »
Just to be clear, unless TPTB say otherwise, this event was not canonical. This was a Demo Team organized and run event. All the writing and layout stuff was done purely voluntarily. If they wish to canonize it, that is solely up to TPTB.

S'okay.  The Master Chronological Fiction List isn't canonical either - happily listing BattleTechnology, cartoon, and comic book content alongside BattleCorps and novel entries.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 07 November 2017, 18:04:03 »

I guessed that which was why I thought it could be turned around not an issue it can’t be though

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #18 on: 08 November 2017, 09:14:52 »
:(

William J. Pennington

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 08 November 2017, 13:05:21 »
I'm tickled to see it in this format.

Son of Kerenski

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Everything is AWESOME.
« Reply #20 on: 10 November 2017, 02:19:48 »
Great to finally see the results! Many thanks to all involved in this WWE in its entireity....

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #21 on: 10 November 2017, 08:33:11 »
My players and I in Louisville did our part!  The Republic forces held Clan Wolf to a draw after six hours....though they had nearly 50% casualties to only one Clan mech in forced withdrawal.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 12 December 2017, 23:00:01 »
Huh.

That unit at the end looks mighty familiar.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 13 December 2017, 03:48:30 »
I'm surprised.
Considering that the event was endorsed by CGL, I reckon it meets all criteria for a canonical publication and would therefore be canonical by default unless explicitly declared non-canonical by CGL.

...except if it wasn't meant to be canon from the get-go. But to the best of my knowledge the worldwide events never were under such a caveat which - is why I thought this one, too, would default to canon.

Can someone from the Demo Team elaborate on wether CGL endorsed the project, and/or made any specific rulings on its canon status?
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 13 December 2017, 18:14:57 »
Can someone from the Demo Team elaborate on wether CGL endorsed the project, and/or made any specific rulings on its canon status?
Catalyst did not endorse this project nor were they ever asked to do so. They had no hand in creating, promoting, or distributing it. This was done, 100%, by the Demo Team with no expectations, whatsoever, that this would be canon. All the work you see put into it was done by volunteers, either demo team members or red/yellow/green beemers who volunteered to work on this outside of any official capacity with Catalyst.
-Saul Tigh

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #25 on: 14 December 2017, 03:32:27 »
Thanks for the clarification. That'll teach me to jump to conclusions!
Oh, and: Awesome product!
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #26 on: 12 October 2021, 11:25:59 »
I'm trying to re-download this and the dropbox links are dead. Is there somewhere else I can get these PDFs?

Thanks!
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #27 on: 18 October 2021, 22:34:40 »
I am having the same problem as mbear, any help would be appreciated.

Register