Author Topic: Winning Legacies  (Read 1366 times)

Auberan

• Corporal
Winning Legacies
« on: 22 November 2017, 10:28:03 »
So while going over some stuff with Smoke Jaguar, Mongoose, and the Cloud Cobras, I'm hitting a wall on understanding something.

After the absorption of the Mongooses by Smoke Jaguar, according to Field Manual, Warden Clans, "Over the next three years, Cobra warriors fought a series of Trials for the genetic legacies of some of the best warriors of Clan Mongoose. These Trials brought to our genepool more than seventy legacies belonging to eleven Bloodname Houses. Over the protests of Clan Smoke Jaguar, we put those legacies to use, and our Touman soon tripled in size." (p. 22)

So my confusion is this; Did the Cloud Cobras just use these legacies and breed them into their own houses, or did they gain the actual Bloodnames as well, and now have an expanded Bloodname House count?

Edit: I suppose I should also expand this as, how does this work in general?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
Re: Winning Legacies
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2017, 14:06:11 »
The Cobras gained complete control of some bloodnames, and used the rest as material to breed into their own lines, or use as non-exclusive names. So a bit of both. Remember, the Jaguars took possession of the Mongoose legacies with the intent of letting them rot and/or gather dust on shelves. The Cobras saw that as a waste.

Your best sources to read for a more complete explanation of how this works are Era Digest Golden Century, Guide to the Clans, and The Clans-Warriors of Kerensky.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Re: Winning Legacies
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2017, 16:08:28 »
There's a lot of details about bloodnames/bloodhouses that aren't specified. We know from the Field Manuals, Wars of Reaving, and other sources which names are exclusively held by which Clans. But we don't know which Clans share which of the rest of the bloodnames. We know there's a max of 25 heritages per bloodname, but we don't know who's at max, who's down low, etc.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Register