Author Topic: Which house for these SL era mechs?  (Read 1406 times)

Pooman

• Master Sergeant
Which house for these SL era mechs?
« on: 04 January 2018, 03:29:00 »
Came into possession of a bunch of SL era mechs for Christmas. Most I'm going to do in Combine colours since Com Star gifted them a ton of them in the 3030s but I'm not sure about two: a Wyvern and a Black Knight. Do either of these mechs scream one house or another? I'm thinking Davion for the Wyvern as it was manufactured on Errai which was in Davion hands for most of the Succession Wars even though the main factory was destroyed early.

I should qualify that by saying the houses that I am currently working on only: Steiner, Davion, Marik and Kurita. Sorry Liao...

Any suggestions appreciated  :)
PM me if you live in Perth Western Australia and are after a game. Please!

Geont

• Master Sergeant
Re: Which house for these SL era mechs?
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2018, 03:44:11 »
Well, Black Knight should go to DC as few of them were also gifted by ComStar. Wyvern could be probably found in every House but only few of them too.
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2018, 19:01:02 »
I'd give the Black Knight to the Free Worlds, actually.  They were built by Kong Interstellar on Connaught near Irian, and while KIC lost the ability to manufacture them, they still do repairs and refits.  My favored Knight is the League-specific BL-7-KNT-L, which swaps the PPC for another large laser.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 04 January 2018, 20:05:36 »
Came into possession of a bunch of SL era mechs for Christmas. Most I'm going to do in Combine colours since Com Star gifted them a ton of them in the 3030s but I'm not sure about two: a Wyvern and a Black Knight. Do either of these mechs scream one house or another? I'm thinking Davion for the Wyvern as it was manufactured on Errai which was in Davion hands for most of the Succession Wars even though the main factory was destroyed early.

I should qualify that by saying the houses that I am currently working on only: Steiner, Davion, Marik and Kurita. Sorry Liao...

Any suggestions appreciated  :)

I think you've already got the right of it.  I'd keep going with the Combine.  Both of those models were given to the DCMS by ComStar as part of Operation Rosebud.  Later, they both also happened to receive "Clanbuster" upgrades by ComStar for the Battle of Tukayyid.

anastrace

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 04 January 2018, 20:21:46 »
I'd give the Black Knight to the Free Worlds, actually.  They were built by Kong Interstellar on Connaught near Irian, and while KIC lost the ability to manufacture them, they still do repairs and refits.  My favored Knight is the League-specific BL-7-KNT-L, which swaps the PPC for another large laser.

Yes, I know you have a star league era butt kicker but WE NEED those particle cannons for Awesomes. I'm sure you understand.

I think (and it's been a long time since I've looked) that in 3025 revised they mentioned the Wyvern surviving the succession wars more or less intact. Standard plate replacing ferro, and other downgrades but otherwise intact. I'm guessing because it's role was specialized, it saw a bit less action than other designs. I poked about looking for a good '25 era RAT, and while the one I found wasn't canon (a fan assembled it) The 6N seems to be on all 5 houses list. So, I'd recommend finding a unit you think has a boss paint scheme or insignia and go for it. :)
Missiles, how do they work? (Seriously, guided bottle rockets?)

Pooman

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 04 January 2018, 20:32:37 »
I think I will go with the FWL on the Black Knight as it makes sense and my Guards are lacking some heavy stuff. The Wyvern will go into my Davion Guards.

Got another one for you though. Going through the salvage yards yesterday, and I managed to scavenge the parts for another Crab. I actually thought I'd lost all the parts especially the little radar and medium laser. Now, I already have a DC Crab and don't feel that it's worth a duplicate. So, Crab for Marik, Steiner or Davion?

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 05 January 2018, 07:24:13 »
The facility on Northwind is still able to repair Crabs. So either Davion or also as a 3039 gift for Kurita.

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #7 on: 05 January 2018, 08:22:36 »
Northwind was owned by the CapCon until the 4th SW, so if you don't go Liao with it, then either the Davions or Marik are decent options via battlefield salvage.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Pooman

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 05 January 2018, 08:35:55 »
Davion for the win. Thanks internet!

Register