Author Topic: (Answered) IO - Primitive Jumpship maximum size  (Read 1857 times)

DarthMetool

• Master Sergeant
(Answered) IO - Primitive Jumpship maximum size
« on: 10 January 2018, 01:16:51 »
On page 128 of Interstellar Operations there is a chart with the maximum sizes for primitive jumpships built up to 2460 in the Inner Sphere and 2500 in the Periphery.  If I wanted to design a primitive jumpship to be set in, say, the Dark Age, am I still limited to those weight limits on the chart?
« Last Edit: 23 July 2019, 19:55:38 by Xotl »
"John Hancock.  Wait, you want MY signature?"
The TRB Military Catalog
GENERATION 45: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
Re: Primitive Jumpship maximum size
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2018, 13:36:51 »
The short version is, "Yes, you're still limited to those tonnage restrictions under current rules." The rules might get expanded at a current date, but for now those restrictions still apply.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Register