Author Topic: UK Players Roll Call  (Read 44952 times)

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
Re: UK Players Roll Call
« Reply #60 on: 23 August 2013, 09:45:19 »
I haven't played outside of MegaMek in a long time (and in MegaMek, only against the Bot)... but I do still read the books! Do I still qualify as a player? I'm in south Wales - my local games club is Firestorm Games in Cardiff.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #61 on: 23 August 2013, 10:02:49 »
If you have the will to play then you're always a player  O0

Mikhail

• Recruit
« Reply #62 on: 15 September 2013, 04:27:54 »
G'day, I'm an aussie recently relocated to the UK (Harpenden, Herts).

I played a bit of tabletop and thousands of games via Megamek (the original 3025, CHW, TT, etc).
Looking to get back into the game, so I figure this is a good thread to start looking. ;)

Slavish adherence to tradition suggests one has nothing better to do.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #63 on: 15 September 2013, 06:09:21 »
I just realised I hadn't ever added myself to this list!

I'm Dan and based in London (live in South West London) but life is busy (as Paint It Pink can sadly confirm)

I'm also pleasingly useless at playing so generally make for an easy victory when playing

I'm also happy to play MegaMech with people but would probably need a bit of time to confirm I've got the same version etc but have played a bit with some of the other Team Davion regulars
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Firedrake

• Corporal
    • Battletech at tekeli-li
« Reply #64 on: 15 September 2013, 06:13:13 »
I'm running a mailing list for several of us in and around London where we've been sorting out games -- not as often as we'd like at the moment, but still 3-4 a year. It's fairly low-traffic at the moment. Anyone who can get into London reasonably easily is welcome to join it here: http://firedrake.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/battletech-london

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: 15 September 2013, 06:38:00 »
I'm running a mailing list for several of us in and around London where we've been sorting out games -- not as often as we'd like at the moment, but still 3-4 a year. It's fairly low-traffic at the moment. Anyone who can get into London reasonably easily is welcome to join it here: http://firedrake.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/battletech-london

I think I get it but wasn't sure how open you'd be to random other people popping up on the threads but I do read - I will keep an eye on it

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #66 on: 19 September 2013, 04:59:57 »
Hey gang.

I've just posted up a gathering for UK players for an event in Coventry (strictly speaking it's Nuneaton, but it doesn't sound as good.....The Battle of Nuneaton, more like a task at a weight watchers weekend).

Anyhoose,

Please feel free to come along and support a good friend who is hosting the event, Mr Scott Young.

Goundry

• Recruit
« Reply #67 on: 26 November 2013, 10:37:17 »
You can add me to the list warrington / Manchester area.

Although, Ive not played in a while so if any one wants a game and is willing to put up with me having forgoten half the rules let me know.

plus I'm trying to get my "local" gaming club in macclesfeild intrested so i may be able to add a few more names to the list later

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #68 on: 26 November 2013, 10:44:13 »
Welcome to the mad house Goundry   O0

Goundry

• Recruit
« Reply #69 on: 28 November 2013, 09:01:02 »
thanks but its probably better as welcome to another mad house!

Peter Reynolds

• Recruit
« Reply #70 on: 02 December 2013, 17:30:47 »
Peter in Chester.

It has been a few years since I've been on this list. Been playing BT since 87/88.  Have virtually all the games and books up to 2005 and a few of the later ones. Got the 2007 Introductory box and Total warfare,Tech manual & Strategic ops. Just got Alpha Strike. I have a big collection of mechs & vehicles - a fair few are painted. Always willing to bring models to play with. I too am a bit rusty but was a fair player back in the day.
 O0

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #71 on: 06 December 2013, 07:24:48 »
Hi Gang,

Would there be much interest if I went ahead and grabbed us some space at the upcoming UK Games Expo 2014?

Taking place in Birmingham.  30th May - 1st June.

A few of us are going but I would be happy to schedule some organised play or demo/participation games if people were interested.

Fairly central point and easy to get to with some of the Irish contingent also flying in.

Let me know and I will kick off a proper event/challenge entry on the forum.

Firedrake

• Corporal
« Reply #72 on: 06 December 2013, 07:50:33 »
I will be working for another company but would certainly like to meet people.

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #73 on: 06 December 2013, 08:36:54 »
Good point.  Are there any others attending in general?  Be really good to meet up and put some names to faces though I warn you in advance mine ain't pretty  ;D

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #74 on: 06 December 2013, 16:19:18 »
Hi Gang,

Would there be much interest if I went ahead and grabbed us some space at the upcoming UK Games Expo 2014?

A few of us are going but I would be happy to schedule some organised play or demo/participation games if people were interested.

Fairly central point and easy to get to with some of the Irish contingent also flying in.

I've no idea what I'll be doing around then and whether I'd be able to make it... Realistically I probably won't make it

Goundry

• Recruit
« Reply #75 on: 07 December 2013, 06:05:40 »
I hadn't been planning it as I didn't know about the expo, but if some ones planning some games id be up for it

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #76 on: 13 December 2013, 09:33:45 »
Hi Gang,

Might be able to make that, I'll consult with diaries and the other half...

Go to red alert!
Are you sure sir?  It does mean changing the lightbulb.

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #77 on: 20 December 2013, 10:00:54 »
Brum isn't to far for me, I'll try to get there, at least to say hi,

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #78 on: 08 January 2014, 13:02:00 »
Just so we are clear, I presume this is it?

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/

I'd be aiming for the Saturday I think
Go to red alert!
Are you sure sir?  It does mean changing the lightbulb.

Gabriels_Sword

• Sergeant
« Reply #79 on: 17 February 2014, 12:08:57 »
Me Dundee scotland and there is a huge group around Glasgow
The monsters haven't turned blue and I still have to eat more dots :)

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #80 on: 07 May 2014, 06:50:09 »
I've noticed a few more UK players on the boards recently, so please don't be shy, add yourself to the list  O0

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #81 on: 15 May 2014, 12:56:57 »
Right,

All being well there are a few of us attending Expo just to visit and lay out the ground work for running something there next year with a formal programme of support events leading up to it.

Expo seems to be offering a good venue and good organisational capabilities so I'm looking forward to planning something with them.

Firedrake

• Corporal
« Reply #82 on: 16 May 2014, 06:53:36 »
Shichiro, I hope to run into you on Saturday at Expo (I'll mostly be working for SJ Games).

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #83 on: 16 May 2014, 06:55:14 »
Shichiro, I hope to run into you on Saturday at Expo (I'll mostly be working for SJ Games).

Great.

I will drop by and say hello.  Catching up with Red Lancer who is working on the Mantic stand.

furgie

• Recruit
« Reply #84 on: 31 May 2014, 05:11:03 »
Hi, I'm Mark and I'm based in Wiltshire.

Battleclad

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #85 on: 31 May 2014, 21:20:10 »
Right,

All being well there are a few of us attending Expo just to visit and lay out the ground work for running something there next year with a formal programme of support events leading up to it.

Expo seems to be offering a good venue and good organisational capabilities so I'm looking forward to planning something with them.

Never considered that con for BT, but if we do wind up doing something for next year I'd love to help out or stop by. Never actually tried the tabletop unless you count megamek but I'd love to get involved in that, I'd suggest we consider trying to drum up a virtual "league" or gaming group as well. There are plenty of us and it'd at least get us interacting more, plus we could demo the same at the con to hopefully garner a larger niche of ourselves and more of a public presence in the community.

As an aside it'd be nice to try for an annual meetup just to game or hang out as a group, possibly as a new year's event or something similar.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2014, 21:24:32 by Battleclad »

Dragondaze

• Recruit
« Reply #86 on: 15 July 2014, 08:48:21 »
We are hosting the Welsh National Championship at the Dragondaze Games Con in Newport Wales on the 20th September

www.dragondaze.com

https://www.facebook.com/DragondazeCon?ref_type=bookmark

jamesbeil

• Corporal
« Reply #87 on: 27 July 2014, 04:15:58 »
James, Northamptonshire - my local club is Phoenix Gaming, but I seem to be the only BT gamer left in the county!

Ben_C

• Recruit
« Reply #88 on: 27 July 2014, 07:33:18 »
Ben, Kent.

Finally bought the intro box after having an eye on BT for, well, years but not actually doing anything about it!

Battleclad

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #89 on: 27 July 2014, 11:46:26 »
James, Northamptonshire - my local club is Phoenix Gaming, but I seem to be the only BT gamer left in the county!

You aren't I'm also in Northants, didn't realise there were any local groups going still.

Register