Author Topic: Your Favorite Unresolved Mystery that is probably destined to stay that way  (Read 37769 times)

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
Considering she manipulated St. Jamais into equipping her cult into two cybernetic warrior houses and then mail ordered him his own six year old kids hand, I am not sure I would call them small time. Certainly they are not the ISF, but I would not sell them short.

Small-time in terms of scope. They are all about the CapCon, not so much the rest of the Inner Sphere.

Maelwys

• Major
I'm going to throw in the Black Dragon Society as an option. We know from them attempting to kill Victor that they're willing to send assassins to kill Davions that are (theoretically) working on their behalf. And the bonus is that if they kill off Morgan, they could possibly ruin Serpent, which would hurt everyone else more than Kurita, since the majority of Kuritan troops were with Bulldog. Serpent only had a single Kuritan Warship and a couple of DEST units. And if Serpent does fail, then the BDS could hope that Kuritan units were sent to finish off the Jaguars in the right proper, traditional Kuritan manner, rather than relying on barbarians.

Who's to say that the Black Dragons didn't hire an assassin themselves?

And lets face it, the idea that its WoB is pretty tenuous. IIRC, part of the explanation that its the WoB is the fact that "Only WoB could infiltrate one of ComStar's WarShips," which is pretty freaking amusing considering at the same time that they're saying that, there are a team of Nekekami who have infiltrated a ComStar WarShip to the exact same degree.

"Only the WoB could do this. And uh. Kurita. With their assassins over there, but only the WoB could do this! Don't mind the other 4 people who have infiltrated the WarShip, only the WoB could do this!"

And that could also explain why Morgan's assassin was killed by the nekekami. The Nekekami didn't recognize the assassin as someone that worked for Loki, he recognized him as a fellow Nekekami, presumably acting against Lord Kurita's orders, and was killed in order to ensure that he wasn't taken alive and interrogated the point where he compromised the other Nekekami team's mission. "Hi, yeah, I know you interrogated that assassin, and he revealed that he's a member of the Nekekami, but uh, just to let you know, I'm also Nekekami, but uh, I was sent by Theodore, and I'm not with the other guy, really..." Such a possibility would also explain why the Nekekami risked discovery and attacked the assassin. If you're a deep cover operative tasked by Kurita to run assassination/sabotage missions against the Jaguars, are you really going to risk discovery by throwing a throwing star? Its not like he has a personal attachment to Ariana Winston, she's just the latest commander. Redburn will do just as well, so I'd think they were unlikely to interfere and risk detection...unless the assassin had a Kuritan connection, and had to die in order to ensure that the Nekekami weren't compromised.

It would also explain why the 4 members of the Nekekami team had the same issues with their background as the assassin, because they used similar resources to create the backgrounds.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Small-time in terms of scope. They are all about the CapCon, not so much the rest of the Inner Sphere.

Well, Morgan was the lord of the Capellan March, so they do have an interest there.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
Well, Morgan was the lord of the Capellan March, so they do have an interest there.
And given how the people of the Capellan March are often referred to as being Capellan ...

Highball

• Master Sergeant
Jihad Hot Spots (3072 or 3074, I believe)

There was a Jihad Hot Spots 3074????
Marshal Russell Trest Oberlan. "War to the sword ..... the sword to the hilt!"

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
"Your Favorite Unresolved Mystery that is probably destined to stay that way"

How that red outfit on the cover of D.R.T. manages to stay intact and present without exploding from overstretching.  Definitely destined to stay a mystery.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Gus

• Master Sergeant
"Your Favorite Unresolved Mystery that is probably destined to stay that way"

How that red outfit on the cover of D.R.T. manages to stay intact and present without exploding from overstretching.  Definitely Hopefully destined to stay a mystery.

Fixed that for you.  O0

Kazashi

• Private
There was a Jihad Hot Spots 3074????

Not quite. Jihad Secrets: Blake Documents covers around 3073-3074, then JHS: 3076 picks up again.

(SMD)MadCow

• Lieutenant
  • 1st Earl of the Bixby Duchy
And given how the people of the Capellan March are often referred to as being Capellan ...

By who?

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

(SMD)MadCow

• Lieutenant
  • 1st Earl of the Bixby Duchy
These days? The CCAF.  ^-^

Aww, my inner Davion has a sad now - you're a jerk when you're drunk Batman.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Aww, my inner Davion has a sad now - you're a jerk when you're drunk Batman.

"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
What was the true identity of Marcos Shake? Was he another body double for Thomas Marik?

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
What was the true identity of Marcos Shake? Was he another body double for Thomas Marik?

No. He just kind of looked like Thomas.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
So there's no chance he could be the Master Shake.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
So there's no chance he could be the Master Shake.

That has been deliberately left uncertain. ;D
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Register