Author Topic: (Research) Naval Repair Facilities  (Read 2086 times)

pheonixstorm

• Major
(Research) Naval Repair Facilities
« on: 20 April 2014, 02:47:50 »
This is a two part question but both cover the same subject and pages.

TacOps pg 334,335

Q 1.
Does the repair bay allow for two dropships or just one to jump with the unit (per repair bay)?

The constructions rules as well as the games rules imply imply one or the other

Each repair facility mounted
on a unit reduces its maximum number of DropShip docking collars by the facility’s tonnage capacity, divided by 50,000 (rounded up to the nearest whole). For
example, a WarShip that mounts a repair facility with a maximum capacity of 280,000 tons would sacrifice 6 potential docking collars to do so (280,000 tons capacity
÷ 50,000 = 5.6, rounded up to 6). These docking collars are effectively integrated into the repair frame, reflecting access gantries that service crews use during
repair operations.
and
JumpShips or WarShips with repair facilities may jump while the facilities contain non-jump capable vessels, however, as these
systems incorporate K-F drive booms.

The construction rules imply that it acts as a collar for each possible collar lost while the game rules imply that whatever it can fit Standard Naval Repair Facilities may accommodate up to 1 JumpShip, Space Station or WarShip; 2 DropShips... that doesn't have a K-F Drive will work.

I ask this because I am designing a small salvage ship based on the merchant hull. Repair capacity is only 25k tons so it still has room for one docking collar and a repair bay that can handle most dropships. A tug would be using the outer docking point.

Q 2,
This leads me to another question. Can said facilities transport a Jumpship or Warship that has had a destroyed K-F drive removed? I would think yes, but best to make sure.

A much much larger jumpship hull would work for this (Star Lord or Monolith perhaps).
« Last Edit: 31 May 2015, 10:39:53 by Xotl »

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: Naval Repair Facilities
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2014, 02:18:50 »
Forgotten Bump

In the design I mentioned I have an additional question related to the first.

Per SO construction rules, the merchant jumpship is only allowed 2 docking collars. Adding a repair bay drops that to one. Given you can fit 2 dropships in the repair bay, could you have 2 dropships in the repair bay with a 3rd on a normal docking collar or does the repair bay only allow for 1 docked dropship (the replaced collar).

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Naval Repair Facilities
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2015, 10:39:34 »
This question is in long-term hiatus while we work out the manyfold implications.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: (Research) Naval Repair Facilities
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2015, 11:04:32 »
Thats fine, at least I know someone is grumbling over this being asked and causing you guys more work  #P

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2016, 07:52:33 »
Any updates to this one?

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2016, 08:56:58 »
See the other thread.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2017, 23:17:33 »
Checking on how the grumbling is proceeding.