Author Topic: new Warhammer at GenCon 2015  (Read 21954 times)

hauptmann fanjoy

• CamoSpecs
  • Corporal
    • Heavy Gauss - Dave Fanjoy's Mech Gallery
new Warhammer at GenCon 2015
« on: 03 August 2015, 04:51:24 »
At GenCon this year, Phlop and I were honored to get an opportunity to paint prototypes of the new Warhammer.  Here's a quick pic of them together in the display case.  Phlop did the SoL one, and I did the Wolf's Dragoons one.

mcjomar

• Corporal
  • Don't think, Mechwarrior, find out!
Re: new Warhammer at GenCon 2015
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2015, 05:57:47 »
This is absolutely glorious.
How/when will these be produced for public consumption?

And are some of those icons freehand?
Very nice work - I like the highlighting on the WD one - gives it a little of that worn-edge been in battle sort of look.
Courage and Honour!

TheMaster1955

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2015, 07:26:28 »
very cool  O0 O0 O0
Life: Some assembly required!

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2015, 07:48:44 »
I want to see what a certain Blue and gold and red and black Archer will look like now! Great job on the hammers!  O0
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2015, 08:11:15 »
Great work! The minis look gorgeous! O0 O0
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #5 on: 03 August 2015, 08:50:18 »
I've been following CBT on Facebook, and from the sounds of it, many of the unseen will be getting the same treatment. The newest interstellar operations book has the "seen" Battlemaster on its front. I'm saving until these mechs get into full miniature production, then the arms race begins

Absolutely love that new Warhammer!
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 03 August 2015, 10:19:40 »
Catalyst had a banner featuring the Warhammer in their booth. You could also see the re-designed Marauder, Shadowhawk and Griffin in the background. It was hard to see full details in the background 'mechs, but they looked promising.

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #7 on: 03 August 2015, 11:36:25 »
Those are just sooooo lovely!   [applause]
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

Archer77

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 03 August 2015, 11:51:57 »
Rights when I thought I wouldn't be buying any new minis....
Can't wait for an Archer O0

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: 03 August 2015, 13:01:24 »
That is one beautiful rendition of the old gal, can't wait to get a few of these in hand.  [drool]
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #10 on: 03 August 2015, 13:02:42 »
That is one beautiful rendition of the old gal, can't wait to get a few of these in hand.  [drool]

With you on that! I want a full lance
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #11 on: 03 August 2015, 15:20:55 »
let the good times roll!

if these come out in plastic, we will need an individual plastics ordering system.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Nastyogre

• Warrant Officer
  • Sons of the Suns, Defend your homes!
« Reply #12 on: 03 August 2015, 18:39:10 »
With you on that! I want a full lance

Lances? Bah! I want companies of them! You know you do too. Star League tactics! MonoCulture baby!

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #13 on: 03 August 2015, 19:25:39 »
Lances? Bah! I want companies of them! You know you do too. Star League tactics! MonoCulture baby!

LOL you are most correct! A company + of these monsters would be a awesome, especially a special command unit of the re-re-seen Beemer
« Last Edit: 04 August 2015, 08:32:41 by Vash The Stampede »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 04 August 2015, 07:57:50 »
 O0

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #15 on: 04 August 2015, 10:42:16 »
 [drool]
Thanks x sharing.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #16 on: 04 August 2015, 20:52:22 »
A reimagined Battlemaster doesn't seem needed in my opinion. The new BM looks just like the unseen only better.

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #17 on: 05 August 2015, 02:22:51 »
 [applause]
Go to red alert!
Are you sure sir?  It does mean changing the lightbulb.

Spenetrator

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 05 August 2015, 02:51:35 »
Loving these! Wonder what the ETA on release is?

Komodo-1970

• Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: 05 August 2015, 09:23:49 »
let the good times roll!

if these come out in plastic, we will need an individual plastics ordering system.

I think revised plastic is the plan for these. It's a Catalyst product, and Catalyst does not do metal, so inshallah, they will be plastic like the Lance Packs!
Check out our Alpha Strike blog:
http://btsmallwars.blogspot.com/

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #20 on: 05 August 2015, 09:29:22 »
I think revised plastic is the plan for these. It's a Catalyst product, and Catalyst does not do metal, so inshallah, they will be plastic like the Lance Packs!
My wallet will hate me for sure!  ;D

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 05 August 2015, 09:33:27 »
They will be plastic first, then metal.  Loren suggested such at Gencon, and Ray just said for sure in another thread here.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Nastyogre

• Warrant Officer
  • Sons of the Suns, Defend your homes!
« Reply #22 on: 05 August 2015, 13:24:34 »
Hopefully we see all of the original 16. Most of the others are OK. Though I think the Hellhound, Vixen, Goshawk and Peregrine replacements are pretty terrible. Most of the IIC's are acceptable.

Ending the Unseen idea would be really good and allow the game and community to move forward fully. I applaud Catalyst's efforts. (and Topps because there is no way this is done with out the Baseball Card Overlords approving) Can't wait to be able to get them and see what might be next (The bugs, Valkyrie and the classic mediums please!)

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
« Reply #23 on: 06 August 2015, 20:45:52 »
Given my love for the Wolverine II, I'm wondering what the Seenverine will look like...
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #24 on: 07 August 2015, 09:50:11 »
Given my love for the Wolverine II, I'm wondering what the Seenverine will look like...

That will be interesting to see. The Wolvie II looks very close to its unseen counterpart, albeit some differences like it's right arm gun that looks as though it came from an unseen P-hawk. Very cool mini I agree. Maybe the Seenverine will bear a more retro look, maybe taking inspiration from the Prim-Thunderbolt (my guess since both unseen designs shared a similar chassis with the lower body)

M4cr0Dutch

• Sergeant
  • Fate sits high in the bidder's chair.
    • Old School Gaming
« Reply #25 on: 08 August 2015, 07:14:00 »
I have been waiting half my life for these to come out. I had a lance on back order from a company called Military Simulations in the mid 90's, and the order was never delivered (...we all know why). These new sculpts look awesome, the teenager inside me is jumping for joy  ;D
"If you see a Falcon not in a Summoner, Hellbringer or Kit Fox, double your caution."

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #26 on: 10 August 2015, 08:09:34 »
How does it compare to a vintage Ral Partha Warhammer, anyway?

^-^
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

M4cr0Dutch

• Sergeant
  • Fate sits high in the bidder's chair.
    • Old School Gaming
« Reply #27 on: 11 August 2015, 06:39:28 »
How does it compare to a vintage Ral Partha Warhammer, anyway?

^-^

It head caps it, in my opinion. 10 to the head and 12 on the crits   8)
"If you see a Falcon not in a Summoner, Hellbringer or Kit Fox, double your caution."

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #28 on: 12 August 2015, 02:03:26 »
It won't feel the same as using my RP Hammers, but its just so sexy I don't even care. Must have a full lance of the new Warhammer sexyness  [drool]

WarGod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 13 August 2015, 07:14:24 »
it almost warms my cold black heart.  So WHEN DO THE REST OF US GET THEM???????  When will we see new marauders?   I need to know.   I have pheonix warhammers, and such that need to be made into wrecks or something. 
A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested
You're falling through the air in a Grenadier. Style went out the window long before you did.

TimberWolf

• Recruit
« Reply #30 on: 13 August 2015, 08:50:34 »
Man, I can't wait to get my hands on these!  And just when I was about to break down and order some of the Robotech Tactics stuff...  :)

And I agree that ending the Unseen idea is a Really Good Thing. 

And since I"m slowly painting my way through several different forces (the better to introduce new players with), I definitely plan on ordering several of each of the Warhammer, Marauder, and Archer (at least) so that each of my different armies can join in the fun!   :D

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: 13 August 2015, 09:11:16 »
Is the Seen T-Bolt gonna have the cockpit on the left side? Because I heard the Reseen version had the cockpit swapped to the left side because of how the crits were laid out on the original model (LRM-15 on the right side, 3 Medium Lasers on the left) not matching up with the Unseen art (LRMs were over the left shoulder?  ???).

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #32 on: 13 August 2015, 11:44:15 »
I'm already planning what to do with four full sets of these new "classic" mechs.  Four Warhammers?  Four Riflemen?  Four Marauders!?  Yes, please, may I have another!!!   ;D
Mike

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #33 on: 13 August 2015, 13:32:04 »
It head caps it, in my opinion. 10 to the head and 12 on the crits   8)

Actually, I was hoping to see a comparison shot. Rumor has it that someone brought a vintage partha Warhammer, nicely painted up, and some shots were taken of it next to the Kerensky Warhammer WiP.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #34 on: 13 August 2015, 19:48:07 »
I'm already planning what to do with four full sets of these new "classic" mechs.  Four Warhammers?  Four Riflemen?  Four Marauders!?  Yes, please, may I have another!!!   ;D

I want the Battlemaster! A company of those! One of my favorite IS assaults

RGCavScout

• Master Sergeant
  • We are the Brute Squad!
« Reply #35 on: 13 August 2015, 23:04:17 »
They are dead sexy!  Give us more of all!

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."  Dread Pirate Roberts

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #36 on: 19 August 2015, 04:42:58 »
I see these..and really wonder how they handled Harmony Gold? I mean...the company that hit PGI with
a cease and desist that stopped them from making MW5 because 0fo the Warhammer in the video that
didn't look much different than this version..
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #37 on: 20 August 2015, 15:31:09 »
I see these..and really wonder how they handled Harmony Gold? I mean...the company that hit PGI with
a cease and desist that stopped them from making MW5 because 0fo the Warhammer in the video that

I'd been wondering about this myself.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Charlemagne

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor is Bulletproof
« Reply #38 on: 20 August 2015, 16:00:50 »

Because Topps' lawyers bite harder than Harmony Golds' lawyers?   >:D
Honor is Bulletproof

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #39 on: 20 August 2015, 16:54:55 »
Those are great looking mini's
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #40 on: 20 August 2015, 17:07:26 »
HG just tried to sue Hasbro over a Transformer they said looked too much like a Valkyrie and lost the argument. With talks of a Robotech movie deal, HG may be picking their battles more carefully now that they know not every legal action will be a win.   
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #41 on: 20 August 2015, 17:08:46 »

This "issue" has been brought up several times, each time being told it's not something you need to be concerned about. Whatever process is being used to ensure these designs do not violate HG's copyrights is going to happen behind the scenes and not be something talked about in public.

Also, PGI wasn't hit with a C&D, to our knowledge. IGN was hit with one for hosting the proof-of-concept video for a new MechWarrior game that included artwork that HG felt violated their copyrights. This went unchallenged because it was just a prototype. That PGI decided to do "MechWarrior 5" as an online free-to-play deathmatch game was a result of their own internal decisions.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #42 on: 20 August 2015, 17:56:54 »
HG just tried to sue Hasbro over a Transformer they said looked too much like a Valkyrie and lost the argument. With talks of a Robotech movie deal, HG may be picking their battles more carefully now that they know not every legal action will be a win.
If it's a live action movie, with real people... They will more than likely have to reamp the designs to make them more realistic. (More surface details, ect. Ect.)  Wouldn't it be deliciously ironic if Topps sued HG because there tomahawk looks a bit too much like our warhammer?  }:)

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 20 August 2015, 18:48:29 »
The ultimate irony would be if Topps/CGL licenses out the new artwork for use in Robotech stuff.

I say "ultimate irony" largely because it will never happen.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #44 on: 20 August 2015, 19:07:31 »
That PGI decided to do "MechWarrior 5" as an online free-to-play deathmatch game was a result of their own internal decisions.
The official statement from PGI was that MW5 needed to be multi-platform in order to receive necessary backing.  Since Microsoft owns the rights, they appeared to be a bit hesitant to allow it on consoles other than the Xbox.  (One of the first dev blogs over at MWO covered this pretty well.)

The Harmony Gold bogey-man popping up all the time does get amusing, though.  I hear that if you stare into the bathroom mirror in candle light and repeat their name three times, a lawyer will appear and slap you with a C&D.

edit: found the dev blog... http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/13-dev-blog-0-reboot/
« Last Edit: 20 August 2015, 19:25:17 by Cache »

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #45 on: 20 August 2015, 19:32:48 »

The Harmony Gold bogey-man popping up all the time does get amusing, though.  I hear that if you stare into the bathroom mirror in candle light and repeat their name three times, a lawyer will appear and slap you with a C&D.

Actually hear the same thing about Game Workshop, someone makes a fan site and then never heard from again #P

Back on topic:

Can't wait to see the more of the new Wammy,

Charbok

• Sergeant
« Reply #46 on: 22 August 2015, 18:30:00 »
Actually hear the same thing about Game Workshop, someone makes a fan site and then never heard from again #P

Back on topic:

Can't wait to see the more of the new Wammy,

I'm pretty sure after the Chapterhouse fiasco that GeeDubz are keeping their lawpack on a shorter leash.  Also, those new Warhammers are sexy as all get out.  Can't wait to get some.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #47 on: 23 August 2015, 05:32:53 »
The new warhammers are nowhere near the same so HG wouldn't have a leg to stand on anyway.

Khell

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: 27 August 2015, 12:39:41 »
Okay...
The Warhammer looks AMAZING.  How can I get it, where can I get it, WHEN can I get it?

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 27 August 2015, 12:49:40 »
Okay...
The Warhammer looks AMAZING.  How can I get it, where can I get it, WHEN can I get it?

As with all things CGL: When it's done.

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: 27 August 2015, 23:15:30 »
As with all things CGL: When it's done.

Looks done to me!!!!  [drool]

ijewett

• Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 28 August 2015, 00:21:31 »
I have to agree with that sentiment. Send those prototypes to the caster and get them into the store.

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #52 on: 29 August 2015, 17:25:17 »
Send those prototypes to the caster and get them into the store.
Yes Please!

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #53 on: 29 August 2015, 18:52:48 »
I am still impatiently waiting for this to be released.... Please hurry while I still have money to burn!!!

c_gee

• Number of the Be(a)st!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #54 on: 01 September 2015, 11:18:32 »
Your warhammers found their way onto my terrain board at PAX15.

Also, CSO's Wackrabbit was at PAX15 and painted another one up, too.

« Last Edit: 01 September 2015, 11:50:17 by c_gee »
Demo Agent #666
Vancouver, Canada

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #55 on: 01 September 2015, 11:47:51 »
Maaan. We want all want one (or several...) for our own painting pleasure...

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #56 on: 01 September 2015, 17:01:17 »
Why must tptb taunt us so?  :o

Komodo-1970

• Sergeant
« Reply #57 on: 02 September 2015, 05:12:52 »
Cannot wait to see the other masters!  Can the Marauder be far behind?  :)
Check out our Alpha Strike blog:
http://btsmallwars.blogspot.com/

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #58 on: 02 September 2015, 08:39:25 »
The Marauder will be an exciting piece to get! I'm happy it holds a strong resemblance to the actual unseen one, with that sort of alienish/retro-robot vibe to it.

Even the little guys (wasp, stinger, locust etc.) I'm excited about

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #59 on: 02 September 2015, 10:44:18 »
The Marauder will be an exciting piece to get! I'm happy it holds a strong resemblance to the actual unseen one, with that sort of alienish/retro-robot vibe to it.

Even the little guys (wasp, stinger, locust etc.) I'm excited about
Yes, the Marauder has always been a special favorite of mine, but I'm eager for even the light mechs.  I've already got two companies planned out on paper using the original TRO3025 mechs.  Can't wait to get started on them!   8)
Mike

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #60 on: 03 September 2015, 01:38:24 »
Your warhammers found their way onto my terrain board at PAX15.

Also, CSO's Wackrabbit was at PAX15 and painted another one up, too.

And it is a beautiful terrain board to play on as well.  Glad I was there and saw Wackrabbit as he painted the 3rd Whammy.

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #61 on: 03 September 2015, 14:39:47 »
I can't wait till they start selling these things to the general public.  Their awesome looking.

I've been thinking Hammerhands could be modded with Hector arms to resemble this.  Though i think the Hector's arms though resembling the new Hammer's arms maybe too big for the Hammerhands. Except the legs wouldn't work in this case.

Thanks for sharing!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Grotonomus

• Recruit
« Reply #62 on: 15 June 2017, 15:33:13 »
Anyone know the eta on these?

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #63 on: 15 June 2017, 16:08:40 »
There is no eta.
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer
"We are the tribal elders. Weirdo is the mushroom specialist." - Worktroll

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: 17 June 2017, 12:52:48 »
It's been two years so we can infer there's been serious financial difficulty or perhaps some legal hurdles that have been delaying release.  But, all good things come to those who can wait.  And Battletech fans are good at that.

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: 17 June 2017, 13:51:52 »
It's been two years so we can infer there's been serious financial difficulty or perhaps some legal hurdles that have been delaying release.
We can infer nothing. You choose to speculate, that's a shame.

Nanhold

• Recruit
« Reply #66 on: 17 June 2017, 14:13:26 »
Given the persistent radio silence, speculation is inevitable.

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #67 on: 17 June 2017, 15:03:38 »
It's not, and I will always expect better of people.
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer
"We are the tribal elders. Weirdo is the mushroom specialist." - Worktroll

Nanhold

• Recruit
« Reply #68 on: 17 June 2017, 15:54:15 »
It's not, and I will always expect better of people.
A reasonable enough thing to desire, despite the rise of social media and the misinformation merrily spread on those.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #69 on: 17 June 2017, 16:48:10 »
How about starting a new thread regarding new classic minis vs necropost.

Nanhold

• Recruit
« Reply #70 on: 17 June 2017, 18:02:55 »
How about starting a new thread regarding new classic minis vs necropost.
Doesn't seem necessary, since this thread has been reactivated and there do not seem to be strict rules against thread necromancy on this forum.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #71 on: 17 June 2017, 20:48:35 »
Necromancy is not, strictly speaking, against any rules.  Forum rules, anyway, I don't speak for the laws if nature.  I think they have their own modrration staff.

If people want to dabble in the dark arts of communing with dead threads, though, just remember to stay on topic.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #72 on: 18 June 2017, 15:06:36 »
Was there any sign of new Classics at Origins or they say anything being there at GenCon 2017?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
« Reply #73 on: 22 June 2017, 01:47:33 »
Beyond teaser tidbits or the occasional picture, when it comes to the NuClassics I wouldn't recommend holding your breath...

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #74 on: 22 June 2017, 12:56:56 »
Beyond teaser tidbits or the occasional picture, when it comes to the NuClassics I wouldn't recommend holding your breath...

Unless you want a Shadow Hawk (2H or 2K), or an Ostscout.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #75 on: 23 June 2017, 10:27:13 »
Was there any sign of new Classics at Origins or they say anything being there at GenCon 2017?

No sign of them at Origins that I saw. IWM did say they would have a con special of some sort for GenCon, but I think it was a Dark Age product of some variety. I didn't specifically ask any of the CGL folks, but you can bet your bottom dollar that, if nothing shows up, I will be asking about it at the What's up with Catalyst event at Gencon.

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: 26 June 2017, 07:42:48 »

There's no shame in drawing reasonable inferences from the facts we know about a tabletop game... geez lol.

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #77 on: 26 June 2017, 09:36:33 »
There's no shame in drawing reasonable inferences from the facts we know about a tabletop game... geez lol.
The only fact is that they are not being released at this time. There are no reasonable inferences to be made from that other than they are not being released at this time.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #78 on: 26 June 2017, 12:25:32 »
It's more likely that CGL still wants new plastic minis for the new starter/intro box but got held up along with everything else during the recent reorganization in management.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #79 on: 26 June 2017, 21:08:01 »
Is entire CGL organization getting reorganized?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #80 on: 26 June 2017, 21:16:49 »
Is entire CGL organization getting reorganized?

Just the BattleTech line.
Ie. The important parts of CGL :).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #81 on: 24 July 2017, 10:29:55 »
And... My (and others') reasonable inference that legal hurdles were preventing the release of these minis was proven correct. You can apologize at any time, Cache.  ;) 

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #82 on: 24 July 2017, 12:31:24 »
Yeah, that's nothing really something to cheer about.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #83 on: 24 July 2017, 13:10:37 »
i'd rather have concrete bad news than 1000 voices speculating about potentially bad news

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #84 on: 24 July 2017, 13:48:20 »
And... My (and others') reasonable inference that legal hurdles were preventing the release of these minis was proven correct. You can apologize at any time, Cache.  ;)

Can we leave the "nyah, nyah, told ya so" till later? Given what's going on, it seems in extreme poor taste right now.

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: 24 July 2017, 16:04:53 »
How cute. Show up with doom-saying speculation and no evidence, kid, and more than a few of us are going to challenge you on it. Especially those who understand the damage that it does not only to the game, but to the community. And we won't apologize for it.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #86 on: 24 July 2017, 16:19:29 »
Any delay due to Harmony Gold is limited to this year, as they didn't send their first angry letter until mid or late December. The new Warhammer still took too long to come to market.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #87 on: 24 July 2017, 18:44:47 »
How cute. Show up with doom-saying speculation and no evidence, kid, and more than a few of us are going to challenge you on it. Especially those who understand the damage that it does not only to the game, but to the community. And we won't apologize for it.

Classy response.   

I'm a former intelligence officer and an attorney with experience in civil and patent litigation. I made a reasonable inference based on the facts publicly known to everyone,  and you tell me I'm wrong.  Your suggests that we cant even make a reasonable inference. I'm trying to change your perspective here, friend.  We're adults. I admit when I'm wrong all the time. We should encourage each other, not shut others down.

And yeah, I'm not happy about these developments. No Battletech fan is. But at least try not to discourage others from voicing their opinions. Especially since some of them may have a different perspective.

Take care.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #88 on: 25 July 2017, 02:24:03 »
I acknowledge your worst case scenario came true but I would hope your colorful experience would teach a little tact. The  ;) was poorly timed at best considering the Wammy's just got censored once again. 

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #89 on: 28 July 2017, 18:37:58 »
I acknowledge your worst case scenario came true but I would hope your colorful experience would teach a little tact. The  ;) was poorly timed at best considering the Wammy's just got censored once again.

Do we have something official on that?

A.E. Housman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #90 on: 28 July 2017, 18:47:11 »
Do we have something official on that?

No but the disappearance of the wasp and Valkyrie plus the total absence of macross designs in TRO:SW... and also the total stall on combat manuals indicate that while not pulled from public consumption (the art is still on the MUL), it seems any new progress on the classics has been halted while this lawsuit business is resolved

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #91 on: 28 July 2017, 18:54:10 »
The new WHM was listed as example of infringement in HG's revised lawsuit. It would be foolish to release its miniature now.

abou

• Captain
« Reply #92 on: 28 July 2017, 18:59:40 »
The new WHM was listed as example of infringement in HG's revised lawsuit. It would be foolish to release its miniature now.
You have to admit, it would make a great looking "bird", if you get my drift.

Register