Author Topic: Looking for players, AU game on Galtor III "Return of the Aura Wings" (Mercs)  (Read 3555 times)

Escudero

• Corporal
  • Think forward.
I am starting a reboot of a unit I ran for years before.  We have five players at the moment, and need more.  We are set in the universe defined by http://battletech-mercenaries.com

You can suit up in any roll you like in any faction you like, or perhaps introduce your own faction to the situation below.  Just reach out to me.

Brief Backstory:
The subject mercenary command was originally founded as the Aura Wings in 3074 by Gina Flannigan, a pilot from the Outworlds Alliance.  Founded as a unit specializing in Aerospace, their only equipment at founding was a Leopard CV and a mixed squadron of fighters.  The command worked mostly for the Capelland Confederation and Draconis Combine during their 18-year history to date, and briefly for the Lyran Alliance.

Current Situation:
The current arc for this unit begins in 3089 when a large portion (roughly 60%) of the command was deployed to the Land's End system on this contract opposing Clan Snow Raven:
http://battletech-mercenaries.com/contracts/contract.php?DC-DC-08-02

The mission was an unqualified disaster.  Commander Näslund was killed in action along with a portion of our warriors.  The Hiryu, which had been our original Vengeance-class DropShip and flagship was all but destroyed during the climax of the fighting, most of the crew and equipment on board lost with the disabled ship.  The system was not take by the Snow Raven's and is still held by the 7th Pesht Regulars, and the survivors of the Akki Tsubasa deployed there limped home to Galtor III, arriving in March of 3090 after three and a half months of weary travel.

In the wake of the Commander's death there is no clear successor for command of the unit, or governance of the mercenary unit's fiefdom.  Several factions have emerged, vying for control of the unit and Galtor III.  Some from within splinters in the mercenaries themselves, and some from factions native to Galtor III in addition to some from off-world  They include but are not limited to:

Countess Petra Michalek, Wife of the late Commander Näslund.  She claims the right to command the unit and thus rule over Galtor III's governance and is still backed legally by the Combine, being the spouse of the former Count.  She is known as a skilled aerospace pilot and is respected by the majority of the aero-jocks, but has not seen combat in several years.  Most of the other branches have few enlisted loyal to her, and she is neither liked nor disliked by the local populace.

Gavin McCormick, leader of a resistance group that has emerged in the wake of the Akki's perceived weakness, they are Davion sympathizers led by the man named.  There is some support among the population for their effort as well.  They are poorly equipped and have little or no among their ranks from the mercenaries rosters, but there is a decent amount of support from the population of the formerly FedSuns controlled Galtor system.

Local Populace, some of whom resent being ruled over by mercenaries.  Attitudes in the Combine have changed, softened towards mercenaries since Theodore Kurita began his reforms, but there is still the lingering of an ingrained hatred of soldiers of fortune that has manifested itself during the Akki's tattered state that wishes to return to direct rule by Irurzun Prefecture officials.  The potential for an uprising is real.

Captain Saori Arai
, a MechWarrior in the Demon's Claws Battalion also trained in aerospace operation.  The most prominent character among the MechWarriors after Major Lisa Irokama was killed in action on Land's End, she earned the respect of nearly all the other MechWarriors and that of members of the other branches when she rallied the broken Akki and helped the Demon's Claws escape a Snow Raven trap on the surface.  Land's End was her first campaign with the Akki, so she is still an unknown among the populace of Galtor III.

Foreign opportunists, more on that (suggestions from Btech / BTM fluff welcome)

-----
That's what I have so far for that.
Other characters/groups that had influence and it would be interesting to see what they think now:
Major Morgan Chan (armor commander),
Hails from the Lyran Alliance.  A long-time Veteran of what was originally the Aura Wings.
Lt. Commander Yang Zhi
Trained in Warrior House Dai-Da-Chi in the CapCon. Highest rank among the remaining active Aerospace pilots, an elite along with his command squad of elite pilots.  Also one of the original members of the Aura Wings.
Major Arikas Fulvos (Major, armor commander),
A long-standing member of the Wings.  One of the most prominent figures of the armor branch of the command.
Commander Gina Flannigan (ret.) (original founder of the unit and presently retired, residing on Galtor III).
Flannigan is not expected to make a bid for power here, but given the situation anything could surprise us.
Galtor Planetary Defense Force, A combined arms regiment (green/reliable), essentially a locally raised militia equipped with mostly last generation hardware or older.  Was trained by Akki Tsubasa personnel during their formation in 3078, and so still has some close ties to the unit among surviving members.  Their position remains unclear, though they are technically still under the command of the Countess.

Do the above characters make a claim, throw in with one of the existing factions?  Or maybe just avoid the whole situation and resign/go awol and off to pursue something else with their lives in the mercenary trade or otherwise.

Luckily the Davions are included among those preoccuped by aggression from the FWL and ULTRA, but if the situation goes on for long they may take note of the vulnerability of the border system and seek to take advantage of the situation.

What about you?  Where do you stand?
« Last Edit: 31 October 2015, 18:00:31 by Escudero »
Aura Wings Mercenary Group

bblaney

• Lieutenant
PM sent.
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
I have a chara on that website, she's currently inactive. Would like to play again, ask Blackpanzer about Zoe Avery, the pugilistic Tankgirl!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

blackpanzer

• Sergeant
I have a chara on that website, she's currently inactive. Would like to play again, ask Blackpanzer about Zoe Avery, the pugilistic Tankgirl!

TT

That forums is under new management... drop by again and take a look to see if you like what you see TT. Who knows,  you might somehow sign for amother unit.... ^-^

c_gee

• Number of the Be(a)st!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
Demo Agent #666
Vancouver, Canada

Register