Author Topic: IO-In Dead Tree!  (Read 2057 times)

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
IO-In Dead Tree!
« on: 08 May 2016, 07:24:12 »
Huzzah the wait is over!

It was great to get this into my hands. It's been more than 6 years since I started warning my FLGS; "Hey...Just so you know...Interstellar Operations is supposed to be coming out someday. Make sure and order me a copy, okay?"

I had the beta and I didn't realize this; but I was entitled to the finished PDF as well, but I have a much easier time with dead tree books than digital. I found a few small typos and printing errors on my brief perusal, but just to have pretty much all of the construction rules(anything left out?) in finalized form is thrilling.

Now, if only we had some software to bring this stuff to life in less than an afternoon! HINT-HINT!

As usual; the fiction itself is a draw as well!
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Re: IO-In Dead Tree!
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2016, 09:44:21 »
I'm putting off buying this until after my vacation at the end of the month, but it is SO TEMPTING.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: IO-In Dead Tree!
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2016, 11:23:32 »
Its so worth it. It's great resource, i prefer having paper hardcover on hand.  Just feel more handy.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Register