Author Topic: Introduction to Battleforce  (Read 3500 times)

Cm60854

• Recruit
Introduction to Battleforce
« on: 05 August 2016, 06:14:31 »
Some friends and I are looking to start playing battleforce, but we're finding the rules in strategic operations a little daunting and the quick start a bit deficient for what we want.  Is there a good tutorial or an intermediate guide, either official or fan written, to help ease us into it?

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
Re: Introduction to Battleforce
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2016, 07:31:08 »
Hi there!  The downloads section has a link to a Quick Start Guide.  You should check that out as it is a bit more condensed and easier to swallow for a first go.

I know when I tried BattleForce for the first time I made a few shortcuts to get us to the game faster.  For instance we chose to do without the command rules.

I know that Solaris Skunk Werks can print BattleForce record sheets which will help you get your game running faster.

Good luck!  Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

More inspiration on my blog!
http://www.scrapyardarmory.com/?s=battleforce

Cm60854

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2016, 05:44:03 »
Thanks, as I said in my first post, we did try the quick start, but we found the jump from there to the full rules a little daunting.  Your blog helped us a lot though, we're a long way from the interstellar campaign we're aiming for, but you've definitely helped us get started. 

Kimble

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2017, 16:01:08 »
I have a question about Battleforce.

Let's say I have a lance of light mechs: four elements in the unit (if I have the terminology correct). Does each element target and attack an specific element in another unit or does the whole unit/lance attack another whole unit/lance?

I last played the original Battleforce back in the 80's (yea, I'm that old) and the game pieces there represented whole lances that moved and attacked as one.

Thanks,
Kimble

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2017, 20:17:13 »
p225, "each element may normally make one attack...attack declaration must include the attacking Element, its target..valid targets are other Elements.."  Ie.  Each Element makes it's own attack and it targets an attack at a specific element ('mech, tank), not a unit (lance).
There's nothing about a unit (lance) having to attack the same target, and it even says an element capable of multiple attacks may attack different targets, so the unit (lance) overall can't be limited to one target.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register