Author Topic: (Answered) Infantry Weapon Tables (v 3.0) Derivation  (Read 1784 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
(Answered) Infantry Weapon Tables (v 3.0) Derivation
« on: 13 November 2016, 13:39:21 »
I'm looking over the errata Infantry Tables v 3.0, and have been unable to determine what class of AToW ordnance was used for the various grenade launchers using non-inferno ammunition when plugging the data into the AToW Companion conversion formula (page 170 of that book).  The conversion formula works fine for the inferno numbers, and various other weapons, but I don't see the table numbers for grenade launchers among any of the calculations using Anti-Personnel, High Explosive, or Anti-Vehicular ammunition.  I suspect the other ordnance based weapons may have a similar problem (though that might be based on Reload Factor).  Any light you can shed on this would be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: 14 November 2016, 12:02:24 by Welshman »

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Infantry Weapon Tables (v 3.0) Derivation
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2016, 12:02:11 »
Unless a formula is specifically shared in the books, we do not make a habit of sharing them. Some are strict formula and some are a mixture of formula and game balance override so it is rarely ever cut and dried.

Best,
Joel BC
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: (Answered) Infantry Weapon Tables (v 3.0) Derivation
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2016, 18:31:35 »
Ah, so the tables aren't strictly based on the AToW Companion page 170 formula.  Thanks!  That just adds to the mystery of the two presented conversion formulas I asked about in Ask the Developers (from AToW and the above one from the Companion).

Register