Author Topic: Battletech Kickstarter thread part deux  (Read 55357 times)

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
Re: Battletech Kickstarter thread part deux
« Reply #90 on: 14 May 2017, 16:55:34 »
Wish Gog.com was one options when kickstarter got going. 

It...was always an option.  :o
I'm sure you could contact them through the backerkit to get that changed for you.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #91 on: 14 May 2017, 17:29:33 »
It...was always an option.  :o
I'm sure you could contact them through the backerkit to get that changed for you.
I didn't see it when i initially got it.   I will see if i can. I went through humble.  I just didn't want to through steam and such.  Hubble sounds going through steam to access the game.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #92 on: 15 May 2017, 16:32:15 »
Generally Humble will off DRM free/file download too, only where the publisher insists on Steam only will they offer exclusively Steam keys. Hit up HBS, they are pretty good on that stuff and will confirm if that's the case and should be able to change it if its a concern.

Only point to warn on is that Backer Beta is Steam only, I'm assuming probably be quite a number of people seeking to change where they get their game via at the end of May/start of June and they might be slower then.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #93 on: 15 May 2017, 19:41:27 »
I got in at the 35 Dollar level to get the game itself when the Kickstarter came out
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
« Reply #94 on: 15 May 2017, 23:39:34 »
well... i saw some things in the last clip that i didnt like. which made me wonder, whAt you guys think. im absolutly hyped. if i can make it, i will stream it when its available on the first. and no, this is no selfpromotion. if theres a twitch channel called germansumo... that aint me. lets hope, this game doesnt disappoint me like warhammer armada did... :( two weeks waiting more... will be a looooong wait, i tell you!

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #95 on: 15 May 2017, 23:48:26 »
Personally I wonder how many people will "hate" it because it's not a 1:1 recreation of the tabletop like MegaMek? There were a few things in the last vid that has me a bit skeptical, but I'm withholding judgement till I get my mitts on it.

In the end, as long as it feels like BattleTech (in all it's various flavors), I'll consider it a success. One thing I have liked though is that they have been pretty good at explaining why they've made the design choices they have. Physical attacks are a perfect case in point: the sheer number of potential animations they'd have to make was one important reason to go the route they did. Another would be the quite large size difference between different 'Mechs. They could have simply ignored physical combat, but they really wanted to include that aspect. They route they went is a good compromise I think.

Over all, I think it's pretty clear that they've put a lot of thought in the various decisions they've had to make to create the best game that fits with their vision of what BattleTech is. So even if I don't agree with some of the conclusions they've come to, at least I know they thought hard about it. And weren't just making a change for the mere sake of change (looking at you MechWarrior Tactics).

Lord greystroke

• Sergeant
« Reply #96 on: 16 May 2017, 12:29:21 »
Well after looking over all the available vids I suspect we will have a nice video game but so far it is a long way from battletech the my major concerns are the heat side of things and the knockdown component it looks much to easy to abuse

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #97 on: 16 May 2017, 14:01:21 »
Battletech tabletop just does not lend itself well to computer games.  If you make it too close to tabletop not enough people will be interested in it for it to be viable and far too often on these boards I see posters making comments that come across in such a way that makes me feel that they think Battletech table top has way more fans than it actually does.  So compromises have to be made.

So for me it is more important that it look and feel like Batteltech the setting and I think it does from what I've seen.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: 16 May 2017, 16:33:47 »
Well after looking over all the available vids I suspect we will have a nice video game but so far it is a long way from battletech the my major concerns are the heat side of things and the knockdown component it looks much to easy to abuse

The knockdown aspect did look a little too exploitable. I think the concept was fine but maybe some randomness in if the pilot stays on their feet after they're unsteady, instead of falling at the next hit essentially.

I doubt it'll matter too much for singleplayer at least.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #99 on: 19 May 2017, 02:55:13 »
The game now has entries on both GOG and Steam

https://www.gog.com/game/battletech

http://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BattleTech/

Steam page is most notable as it lists the minimum and recommended system specs for those who've expressed concerns:

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Pentium Core i3 3210 3.20GHz or AMD FX 4300 3.8GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 660 GTX or AMD Radeon HD 7850
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9 sound device

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Pentium Core i5 3450 3.10GHz or AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 or AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9 sound device

They haven't been added to on Can You Run It yet, but expect this entry to be populated soon - https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/battletech/14513

Now up on Can You Run It
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #100 on: 26 May 2017, 17:19:59 »
Good News Bad News depending on what you were looking forward to most in the Backer Beta - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/1895012?ref=activity

The Backer Beta WILL be released on June 1st, but it will be single player skirmish only, they've hit issues with multiplayer and chose to remove that for the moment to ensure they could still release the beta on time.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #101 on: 26 May 2017, 17:33:30 »
6 more days
6 more days
6 more days
6 more days.....

Hmm... guess I should hibernate for a week.

Can't
come
fast
enough.

And I thought the MP part of the beta was a separate beta event??

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #102 on: 26 May 2017, 18:18:00 »
The brakes for the Hype Train are not functioning, it won't stop!  I'm too excited!  :D

danumphrey

• Recruit
« Reply #103 on: 31 May 2017, 09:31:27 »
Might as well call in sick tomorrow.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #104 on: 31 May 2017, 10:50:34 »
wonder when the beta keys will get sent out...

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #105 on: 31 May 2017, 17:32:43 »
Happy beta eve!

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #106 on: 31 May 2017, 19:50:05 »
3 hours till midnight... where is my backer update.....

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #107 on: 01 June 2017, 00:11:43 »
NOT YET! stupid time difference its 3pm june 1st already for Blake's sake...

But keys will on Backerkit page when they do drop.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #108 on: 01 June 2017, 00:17:05 »
It is currently 10:15 PM, pacific time (the same time zone as HBS). I predict the keys will drop around 10 am tomorrow morning, so in other words, about 12 hours from now.

danumphrey

• Recruit
« Reply #109 on: 01 June 2017, 06:16:05 »
It is currently 10:15 PM, pacific time (the same time zone as HBS). I predict the keys will drop around 10 am tomorrow morning, so in other words, about 12 hours from now.

Some of us get up before 5am CT and don't like waiting!

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #110 on: 01 June 2017, 06:54:57 »
8am EST, nothing yet...

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #111 on: 01 June 2017, 08:20:21 »
 That's 5am PST.  They may not be sent til 10am to 12pm PST.

8am EST, nothing yet...

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #112 on: 01 June 2017, 08:23:12 »
Hmm... almost 6:30 out there... anyone have Jordans number I think he needs a wake up call or 10. I am too old and grumpy to keep waiting like this...... maybe I should take a nap. That might help O0

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #113 on: 01 June 2017, 09:26:05 »
Um, guys, they said the Backer Beta was 1 June 2018...

Hey! Who's throwing stuff?! Alright, alright, I was kidding...

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
« Reply #114 on: 01 June 2017, 09:29:11 »
but the mysterious mister Xs name of HBS is not Molyneux? :D :D :D *waitingwatingwaiting*

danumphrey

• Recruit
« Reply #115 on: 01 June 2017, 12:06:58 »
At least it's not like the wait for DiabloII... my sister was supposed to get that for me for my birthday one year.  She faithfully did give me a card saying it, and got it for me on release day, however many years later it was.

Totally worth it.

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #116 on: 01 June 2017, 12:18:14 »
I just got an update e-mail, as follows:

Backer Beta Incoming!
Posted by Harebrained Schemes LLC (Creator)

With swirling heads, sweaty palms, and soaring hearts, we are pleased to announce that the BATTLETECH Kickstarter Backer Beta is ready, and keys will start arriving later today!

Distributing 25,000 Steam keys into BackerKit accounts will take hours, so please be patient! WHEN YOUR BETA KEY LANDS IN YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU WILL GET A NOTIFICATION EMAIL DIRECTLY FROM BACKERKIT.

As noted in our last update (which included a Beta FAQ), today’s release contains single-player Skirmish mode ONLY. We will automatically update the Beta with PvP multiplayer as soon as it's ready and let you know with another Kickstarter update.
So How Do I Get Started?!

Instructions for getting your Steam Key from your BackerKit account, downloading the game, and how to play the game are located in your Backer Beta PDF Manual (which you can start studying up on while you’re waiting for your notification email from BackerKit to arrive!) Since this isn’t the finished game, our Backer Beta does not include an in-game tutorial. You’ll likely have way more fun and be able to give us better feedback if you understand how things work, so it’s highly recommended that you review the PDF Manual before your first game.

BTW, you can also view the manual in-game at any time by clicking the “Help” button on the Main Menu.
What We Need From You

We hope you enjoy this first taste of our BATTLETECH game and we want to learn from your experiences playing it. So what do we need? MEASURABLE DATA! After EACH battle, you’ll get the opportunity to give us your feedback in a short 1-page survey on a variety of topics - controls, audio, AI, maps, tactics, and more - so be sure to take as many surveys as possible.

And plan to fill out the same survey more than once! We fully expect your answers to change over time (that’s an important part of the feedback process) so don’t skip a survey because you’ve seen the questions before. This is the best, most helpful way to positively impact the project and help us make the game better for everyone. (Yes, it’s even more helpful than reporting bugs.)

The other way to get us your feedback is to join the BATTLETECH Forum. The Backer Beta Discussion sub-forum is the place where you can expand on your experiences playing the game and share your constructive criticism with others. While the dev team won’t respond to feedback or engage in debates, we’ll definitely be reading and learning from your conversations.

Have fun! Melt armor! Kick myomer!
--Klimecky
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #117 on: 01 June 2017, 12:41:38 »
25,000 is a few...o.0

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #118 on: 01 June 2017, 13:05:19 »

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #119 on: 01 June 2017, 13:16:59 »
As just a note...it appears you do need Steam to do the Beta, even if you got the finished game for a different platform...