Author Topic: Post WoR Culture changes and or A Very Special Episode Of Clan Spaniel  (Read 3870 times)

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
One of my favorite Clan Culture items is the cartoon show that was produced in the Clan Homeworlds Called the Adventures of Clan Spaniel. Which you can read about here:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Clan_Spaniel

I was wondering if after the WoR did the focus of this type of programming shift dramatically? I seem to recall but could be wrong that the Adders post the WoR exerted a good deal of control over the culture of the clans and I would expect that the sources for indoctrination would be one. I would think that the homeworlds would be even more xenophobic and their tendency to lash out against anything “ unclan” would be even greater.

So would you think even a kids cartoon would shift towards warning against “ taint” and the “ fallen clans”

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Also do you think the history of Operation Revival and the Wars of Reaving are treated with anything approaching candor in the homeworlds?

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
They did save Strana Mechty once. You can relive the experience if the link still works.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Alas it did not...

But the question still stands: How do you think the Homeworlds education system handled the failure of Revival and the debacle of the Wars of Reaving

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
Oceania was at war with Eurasia: therefore Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia.

Of course Clan Spaniel changes all the time.

And the reasons for the failure of Revival and the cause of the WoR are identified and well known. They fought wars over it.

I think yoi nees to think about what truth is a little bit. Most cultures barely touch it amd we live in a world of lies for children. The more I look at history the more I find that everything I know is wrong.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Yeah, Clan Spaniel probably got 'infected' at some point by the monkeys and they had to learn the hard lesson that sometimes when your Clanmates go bad there's no bringing them back.

The Homeworld Clans likely had a special episode where their version of Clan Spaniel split as part of the Clan went bonkers and lost Kerensky's vision, learning the hard lesson that sometimes when your Clanmates go bad there's no bringing them back.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Just as I imagine that the IS Clans had a similar Very Special Episode of Clan Spaniel where they had to split off the part of the Clan that fell victim to the evil machinations of the Science Monkeys.  What would be interesting is to compare the two episodes and see which of the animals got the axe (perhaps literally).
The Clans: the Star League the Inner Sphere deserves, not the one it needs.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
I wonder if there was a Third episode?

Where the Wayward Puppies had to fight their Clanmates to defend the IS from they Evil Monkeys that Kerensky's Vision foretold of.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Do we have any info if memorials or holidays to commerate the reaving occurred in the homeworlds or in the IS?

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
Why on Terra would they even do that? The IS Clans would NEVER commemorate The War of Reaving, let alone even mention it in common topics.
« Last Edit: 02 September 2017, 18:23:39 by pensiveswetness »

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
So do the IS clans no longer acknowledge the existence of the HW clans?

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
That's a good question. It's been a very long time since I read any Dark Age Novels but... in the way those novels depicted how the IS clans have largely shunned many of Nicky K's laws & mandates, It could be speculated that the common folk don't even know about the HM clans, outside of vague dialog, let alone discuss matters (then again, because ClickyTech predates the WoR, as well as the Jihad, the Novels do have that vague lack of information going for them.)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Do we have any info if memorials or holidays to commerate the reaving occurred in the homeworlds or in the IS?

I'd say Clan Hell's Horses Stone Lion would have Remberance / Founding Day, where they show how they faught and lost but was abjuated from their IS clan parent towards their new freedoms.

But for the IS Clans as a whole, War of Reaving has pretty much been an unknown item. Escorpion Imperio / ex-clan Goliath Scorpion pretty much knows what happened, but is so far removed from the rest of IS and currently closed all trade with them, they haven't even tried calling anyone to tell about it, even if they would listen!

The rest have no idea what happened, just that all HPG traffic is down, and a courier would take at least three years to get back! ( Did the math, two Hunter jumpships strung out and using three Odyssey, all LF,  could carry out such a mission, but this includes at least almost a full Galaxy... Which most clans can't possibly spare. Let alone a few Clusters... Now MAYBE, if a warship big enough... )

TT

*Said three years means a year there and back, plus possible contactual conflict and then getting the info. The Hunters are split even, one scouts and reports while the other acts as the " ears " for the convoy. When all cleared, they jump... Repeat every week, LF helps jump back to previously explored location, transported units defend of course!

Also that BattleCorps Scenario: Clan Spaniel saves Strana Mechty was awesome!
« Last Edit: 03 September 2017, 07:42:43 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
That's a good question. It's been a very long time since I read any Dark Age Novels but... in the way those novels depicted how the IS clans have largely shunned many of Nicky K's laws & mandates, It could be speculated that the common folk don't even know about the HM clans, outside of vague dialog, let alone discuss matters (then again, because ClickyTech predates the WoR, as well as the Jihad, the Novels do have that vague lack of information going for them.)

The Wars of Reaving were definitely planned out back during Clickytech.  Several of the novels hinted at some cataclysmic event that wiped out multiple homeworld Clans.  The novel about the Clan Jade Falcon Rending (Civil War) says 5 HW Clans were annihilated during the time, and that the IS Clans forbid speaking about it out of shame.

The Sea Foxes are aware of it all, and have shared that with the other IS Clans.  That is in the Wars of Reaving sourcebook itself I think.

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
The Wars of Reaving were definitely planned out back during Clickytech.  Several of the novels hinted at some cataclysmic event that wiped out multiple homeworld Clans.  The novel about the Clan Jade Falcon Rending (Civil War) says 5 HW Clans were annihilated during the time, and that the IS Clans forbid speaking about it out of shame.

The Sea Foxes are aware of it all, and have shared that with the other IS Clans.  That is in the Wars of Reaving sourcebook itself I think.

Right so my question is do the invaders have official stances on those they left behind? Are new sibkos taught that the HW betrayed the way etc?

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
Right so my question is do the invaders have official stances on those they left behind? Are new sibkos taught that the HW betrayed the way etc?

The Inner Sphere Clans seem to refuse to speak of it, ashamed of what happened.  They probably try to obscure and not talk about it as much as possible, because it shows just how f'ed up the Clan system is when taken to the logical extreme.

Given the general Clan disdain for learning history, I would assume most Warriors don't care either way.

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Yeah, Clan Spaniel probably got 'infected' at some point by the monkeys and they had to learn the hard lesson that sometimes when your Clanmates go bad there's no bringing them back.

The Homeworld Clans likely had a special episode where their version of Clan Spaniel split as part of the Clan went bonkers and lost Kerensky's vision, learning the hard lesson that sometimes when your Clanmates go bad there's no bringing them back.

A bit of thread necromancy here. But I imagine that the program took a dive once the Diamond Sharks left anyways. Pretty sure we made it. With the Ghost Bears and the Diamond Sharks/Sea Foxes out of the area creativity has probably taken a dive.

That being said, I'm sure it lives on in the Inner Sphere. The Clans still need quality edutainment. Where there is a market, there is a Sea Fox.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Register