Author Topic: (Answered) IO - VDNI help  (Read 1901 times)

Durnaxe

• Recruit
(Answered) IO - VDNI help
« on: 19 March 2017, 00:16:32 »
So I have a couple simple questions regarding VDNI also the Gestalt.

VDNI question: Where the heck is the battle value for this thing? I can't find it anywhere and you cant tell me something that automatically gives a -1 to pilot skill and -1 to gunnery costs nothing when c3 costs part of your soul. So if someone could point out which book and/or page that would be great. And yes, jihad hotspots 3072 (page 129-131) has the rules for it, but not the battle value

Gestalt (Jihad: Final Reckoning, page 148-149) questions: What exactly does the additional BV need for this stupid thing to even be played? Machina domnini (Jihad: Final Reckoning, page 140-141) has no bv, vdni (costs ???), and does the battle armor (Jihad: Final Reckoning, Page 147)  bv also add to it?

Thanks for any help on this.

EDIT: Added the page references (even answered one of my own questions), sorry for forgetting about that rule.
« Last Edit: 23 July 2019, 20:00:02 by Xotl »
"We cannot join. We cannot rest. Our lives, our souls, endure. We have been Returned".

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: VDNI help
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2017, 13:13:22 »
As per the rules of these forums, page references please.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: VDNI help
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2017, 12:18:51 »
VDNI: –1 Gunnery and Piloting Skill modifiers that in turn apply to its BV Skill Multiplier.  So you use the standard chart out of TechManual.

Machina Domini:
BattleMech Interface Cockpit: A BattleMech equipped with a BattleMech Interface Cockpit multiplies its Final BV by 1.30.
BattleMech Neural Interface Unit: The BattleMech Neural Interface Unit alone has a Battle Value of 0.
Gyroless ’Mechs: If a ’Mech with a Machina Domini Interface Cockpit is not equipped with a gyro, treat the unit as if it is equipped with a standard gyro when finding its Defensive Battle Rating.

This is all in Interstellar Operations, where the final form of all these rules were placed.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register