Author Topic: Homeworlds and Manei Domeni  (Read 2967 times)

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Homeworlds and Manei Domeni
« on: 05 April 2017, 12:35:41 »
Did any of the homeworld clans learn from the Invading Clans about the Blakeist plan to exterminate the clans and glass the homeworlds?

Did the threat of the Manei Domeni get lost in the ummm excitement of the wars of reaving?

BTW the Maneni are still out there somewhere right? The last Jihad book implies that at least some escaped...

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Homeworlds and Manei Domeni
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2017, 13:45:28 »
I doubt the HW Clans really learned about the Blakist plans. And if they did, between the WoR and the Jihad, obviously nothing happened so whatever may have been planned by either side never mattered for either side.
Considering the spotty communications between the Sphere and HW Clans, they might not even have heard of the Jihad and what went there, it doesn't help the Jihad was confusing for Spheroids... I can't actually recall if they knew what was going on in the Inner Sphere while the Wars of Reaving happened.
I don't think the Manei Domini/WoB plans of the destruction of all Clans were widely known even in the Inner Sphere. Chandrasekar Kurita did piece things together but i'm not sure how widely this was spread in the end.

As for Manei Domini being somewhere, several (partial?) divisions vanished. What happened to them is unknown.
It is possible they, or more specifically, their descendants are behind the Blackout during the Dark Age but this is pure speculation at the moment.

I would assume the Manei Domini are written out of the story for now, like the Homeworld Clans. Their fate is left open so either players can bring back them for their own stories, or Catalyst can return them should they want to bring them back.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2017, 10:56:39 »
Where would they go? Hidden HIDDEN worlds?

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2017, 23:33:35 »
As far as I am aware there are still two Hidden Worlds unaccounted for in-universe.

As far as the Homeworld Clans discovering the Blakist plot, it is possible that they did.  It depends upon how much information the Society gained from their Blakist captives/computers and how much of that information was discovered by the HW Clans' Watch as they went through captured Society data in order to eliminate every last vestige of the Society.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2017, 01:28:01 »
While the concept may linger, it's worth remembering that the clocks were ticking for the MD characters from the Jihad era - being MD gives a drastically reduced life expectancy. The WoB remnant had lost the infrastructure to make new MD or maintain/improve the existing ones. By 3090 it's reasonable to assume the cyborgs are not functional anymore.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2017, 02:15:59 »
Only the various forms of DNI really interfered with life expectancy.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2017, 15:01:31 »
While the concept may linger, it's worth remembering that the clocks were ticking for the MD characters from the Jihad era - being MD gives a drastically reduced life expectancy. The WoB remnant had lost the infrastructure to make new MD or maintain/improve the existing ones. By 3090 it's reasonable to assume the cyborgs are not functional anymore.

As far as I am aware, nothing has ever been stated that the remaining Hidden Worlds didn't have the ability to create new MD or maintain the old ones.  As Maelwys says only certain implants reduce the user's life expectancy so many "cyborgs" could have still been around as long as they did have DNI implants and those that did could have them removed thereby removing the negative effect they had on the individual's life expectancy.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2017, 15:28:22 »
For all we know, Jardine was the (only) cybertechnology center they had. It was the Manei Domini "homeworld", for lack of a better word. And it's toast.
We also have Ben Rome's blog about how he and Herb envisioned the future of the WoB and especially the MD. Not canon of course.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 15 June 2017, 17:31:35 »
On the other hand, we have J:FR telling us that "The emergence of the newly minted Fifty-third and Fifty-fourth Divisions so late in the war leads us to the suspicion that the Word of Blake has more bases capable of training and refitting Shadow Divisions and Manei Domini troops." They suggest Circinus and Gibson as possibilities, but who knows if there are more.

Jardine was lost around 3070, there's no way they didn't have other places capable of installing implants over the course of the Jihad.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #9 on: 15 June 2017, 18:11:01 »
The Word had at least one facility in the Cirinus Federation capable of mass producing MDs. Who's to say that they didn't have more? Jardine was merely where the first ones were made, not he sole source. There's nothing to say that there couldn't be more MD facilities on Obideah or Taussen. Or, for that matter, Terra, Gibson, Highspire, Atreus or any one of a dozen other worlds.

Really, the only place we can say didn't have one is Mayadi
« Last Edit: 16 June 2017, 02:13:47 by Deadborder »
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 16 June 2017, 01:26:02 »
Really, the only place we can say didn't have one is Mayadi

Uhm...well actually one can't even say that.  Wouldn't it be the last place one would look?  And the facility doesn't necessarily have to be on Mayadi itself.  It could be on an orbiting moon, space station or vessel.

Regardless as long as they have the technical/medical data, building a MD facility is relatively easy especially compared to the IS Clans building eugenics facilities after being forced from the homeworlds.  After all a MD facility is basically a high-tech surgical facility aka a hospital.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #11 on: 16 June 2017, 02:12:49 »
Uhm...well actually one can't even say that.  Wouldn't it be the last place one would look?  And the facility doesn't necessarily have to be on Mayadi itself.  It could be on an orbiting moon, space station or vessel.

This is also true
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 16 June 2017, 09:35:49 »
Kerensky forbid they ever join up w society remanants

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #13 on: 18 June 2017, 19:43:10 »
They have in my AUverse.

Clan Superheavy Tripods with MD Protomechs!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register