Author Topic: Discussion: Converting Serenity RPG ships to Battletech  (Read 1178 times)

Cryhavok101

• Captain
I'm looking at the ships in the 'Serenity RPG' book and in 'Sixshooters and Spaceships' and I want to convert them to BattleTech ships. I haven't actually played that RPG before though, so I don't have a terribly good idea of where the weapons should be placed.

It seems they have vehicle scale and spaceship scale, and it seems that each one has weapons with strengths based on increasing die sizes from a d0 to a d12 (not sure how a 0-sided die works) for a total of 7 weapons on each scale. Unfortunately even the largest of the space craft scale weapons don't reach the size of the light SCC, much less a naval autocannon.

I was thinking of starting at light SCC and going all the way up to NAC 30 for the starship scale weapons, doing something similar for the energy weapons as well. Then for the vehicle scale weapons starting at LB 2-X AC, then the 5-X, then switching to RAC-2, -5, then going HAG-20, -30, and -40 for the those 7.

I really don't understand how their armor interacts with their weapons, so am unsure if a thing is heavily armored or not. I did read that each point of armor on their ship weighs something like 5% of the ship's total mass, which is much heavier than BattleTech's armor ever is.

Any thoughts, insights, or suggestions on this, I'm interested in discussing it.

BlackLiger

• Recruit
Re: Discussion: Converting Serenity RPG ships to Battletech
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2017, 21:36:50 »
As I replies on reddit, primitive tech options from interstellar ops.  Despite the mastery of artificial gravity, the verse is miles behind the Inner sphere

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Re: Discussion: Converting Serenity RPG ships to Battletech
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2017, 22:15:22 »
Thanks, I'll look into that. One of the other places I started this discussion told me the 'cannons' they are using in serenity are magnetic accelerators, so suggested I use Gauss weapons instead of AC types.