Author Topic: BattleTech: Alpha Strike Box (Preorder)  (Read 2164 times)

TurboCooler

• Private
BattleTech: Alpha Strike Box (Preorder)
« on: 07 May 2017, 11:40:13 »
Is this still a thing?  Curious because MM and other places have it for pre-order.  Actually, it has been on pre-order for over a year.  Just wondering if this is something that is truly coming or if they have some automated system that has this listing up incorrectly?

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: BattleTech: Alpha Strike Box (Preorder)
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2017, 13:30:41 »
As far as i know, it only ever was a strong idea, not something that was officially announced.
My local gaming store still has Clan Box Set Expansion listed with availability date "2010?" even though that thing was cancelled long ago. I wouldn't put much trust in retailer listings for products not officially announced or listed as published on publishers sites.

Pure speculation, don't read anything into this.
Considering that there is no introductory box set in print at all at the moment (as far as we know), and that the next one might, i emphasize might (because i can't recall what was said exactly), be different format... Well, i speculate, that perhaps the next one is a hybrid (or more like, contains both starter rule sets starter rules). If there is one.
EDIT To be honest, i wrote this speculation bit in hopes that it might end up being true.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2017, 13:33:07 by Empyrus »

firekite

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2017, 14:20:04 »
I would love to see them make this box set. the questions that seem to need answering are:

1) is there enough demand for this.
2) what would this product look like.
3) where does it fit in Catalysts "Game plan" for the future of Battletech.

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2017, 18:49:38 »
Sadly, it's not a thing yet. Unless and until TPTB officially announce that the product has cleared customs and is on US soil, consider any preorders seen anywhere as vaporware.

Register