Author Topic: Classic Battletech Fourth Edition  (Read 1160 times)

CuriousFox

• Recruit
Classic Battletech Fourth Edition
« on: 18 May 2017, 16:02:03 »
Hello guys!

I am new to all this and recently came across a factory sealed FASA Battletech Fourth Edition 1604 and I am not really sure what it is worth if anything. It was my dads and he passed away sometime ago and I was looking through some of his old boxes in the attic. Pretty cool find just don't know much about it!

:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for any help!

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Classic Battletech Fourth Edition
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2017, 17:14:24 »
For the most part, no.  The box sets were made in vast numbers.  The ones that are worth the most are the 1st edition (labelled "Battledroids") and the 3rd edition (because it has a bunch of plastic, no-longer produced mechs).  You might get lucky and find a collector who would pay a premium because it's still sealed, but that's a crap-shoot.

Myself, I'd break it open and start playing.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2017, 17:22:39 »
It does have some great art in the books, the punch out cardstock mechs look sharp as well.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2017, 17:38:03 »
It does have some great art in the books, the punch out cardstock mechs look sharp as well.

I'll second that. Always thought the art for the counters in that edition were the best any of those 'Mech have.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2017, 17:43:38 »
BattleTech is not an investor's game. Most items were produced in sufficient quantity not to be ultra-rare, and the collector base is too small to generate the sort of bidding wars other collectables can generate.

That said, you may well get a reasonable price from a completist collector. On the order of a decent family meal, not a new house ;)

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

CuriousFox

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2017, 18:29:38 »
Thanks so much guys!! I appreciate the feedback! Sounds like I'll be busting this bad boy open  :D

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2017, 19:16:56 »
Thanks so much guys!! I appreciate the feedback! Sounds like I'll be busting this bad boy open  :D
...and so the cycle continues as new mechwarrior is born(play back ground music from heavy metal movie right about now)

remember the first fix is free your addiction just begun but above all have fun it is the box set i got my youngling started on and she still sneaks away with a counter of spider from it.
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Register