Author Topic: Just bought a "fallen angel marauder" I don't actually see a record sheet for it  (Read 2852 times)

Sazzlefrats

• Corporal
Anyhow, looks like I'm going to disassemble it and re-pin it. I just thought to check to see if it had its own record sheet or if it was just a marauder of some sort.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Sounds like a custom kitbash.

Ah. Google is my friend, I see what I suspect you bought.

That looks like a badly cast illegal reproduction of an old Fan-made mini, the Dark Angel. Suspect you got it from someone in Washington State, where a very well-known repro caster lives? A real Dark Angel looks like this:

(painted by our own Savage Coyote, CSO artist)

The genuine Dark Angel was made by folks on the Lords of the Battlefield forum, and a limited number produced. I have one. Crisp, clean details. If what you bought is the thing above, unfortunately you've been ripped off - it's apparent that there are lots of casting issues, even after a heavy coat of white paint.

Pro tips - don't buy from Washington State. Don't buy minis which show up slathered in a heavy coat of paint, which is designed to obscure problems caused by cheap & nasty recasting.

Lots of advice can be obtained from the members here. Sorry for your bad luck.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
The Dark Angel mech is basically a Penetrator, stat wise if I remember correctly.

Sazzlefrats

• Corporal
Didn't get it from Washington state (so maybe I dodged a bullet?! And if I didn't its not a concern). Its a great looking model, mine looks the same, I think once I strip mine (too much glue and greenstuff on the joints) and re-assemble it'll be fine. Back to the real question... what record sheet should I be using.. Marauder or Penetrator or something else?

Since I liked that google image so much I think I'll paint mine up the same way or similiar. Might be two weeks before I do it though.

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
I don't know if it's still out there, but I have a PDF labelled as TROLOTBv1.1 that has the stats for the Black Angel.

Just Googled it, it's still online.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
Yep, Black Angel.

That looks like a badly cast illegal reproduction of an old Fan-made mini, the Dark Angel. Suspect you got it from someone in Washington State, where a very well-known repro caster lives?
This particular repro seller is out of Arizona. Has been around for a few years.

On a positive note, last month BV Traders announced that they were producing a limited run of the Black Angel 2. It's the original BA sculpt modified by Joel Hardwick. Find them on that facebooks machine for pics. It's certainly a better quality casting than that turd repro from AZ.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
Yep, Black Angel.
This particular repro seller is out of Arizona. Has been around for a few years.

On a positive note, last month BV Traders announced that they were producing a limited run of the Black Angel 2.

Where!  [drool] [drool] Want another two!
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

scatcat

• Lieutenant Colonel
On a positive note, last month BV Traders announced that they were producing a limited run of the Black Angel 2. It's the original BA sculpt modified by Joel Hardwick. Find them on that facebooks machine for pics. It's certainly a better quality casting than that turd repro from AZ.

Seriously? I can't find any information.

got link?

Cache

• Captain
Where!  [drool] [drool] Want another two!
Seriously? I can't find any information.

got link?

It's not for sale yet. http://www.bvtraders.com/ has the link to their facebook page for pics and updates.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
Facebook.
 #P

Oh well, looks like time to call in a favour :)

Cache

• Captain
Facebook.
 #P
When the details are ironed out and it's ready to go, there'll be an announcement at LOTB. I promise you won't miss out. ;)

Register