Author Topic: Clan Coyote, A Call to War... Kind of...  (Read 1477 times)

Armond

• Sergeant
Clan Coyote, A Call to War... Kind of...
« on: 19 May 2017, 06:08:47 »
Ok, so this has been a long time coming for me.  I just haven't had the time to sit down and upload, type, explain anything I have been doing for the past month or so.  This also includes my inquiries into the Board here and the Facebook communities for their opinions on some of my decision.

In short, I decided to hit Clan Coyote with some love.  I want to make sure the force I get to work on is one that can easily be expanded, so I will no doubt be going above the points allotted for A Call to War typical threads.  In fact this may just be a long running project in the end.  So here goes with the plan.

I want to start with a Star that serves as one of three in a Command Trinary.  After much consideration, I went with the following:

Savage Coyote @55pts Juggernaut
Timber Wolf @49pts Brawler
Guillotine IIC @42pts Skirmisher
Highlander IIC @61pts Missile Boat
Rifleman IIC @49pts Sniper

I also selected two Society-based mechs that could be augmented on to create a Sept essentially.  They are:

Septicemia-D-Z @42pts Skirmisher
Septicemia-Prime @37pts Sniper

The total for the Star and additional Society mechs is 335 pts.  I know this is not enough, but I have to figure out another mech I want to add to make the total a bit higher.

Now I am going to warn anyone reading this or who has seen my activity on the Facebook communities.  This composition will change, but I needed a starting point...  So without further adieu, I give you where I sit currently, and a vague before picture...  I promise to be a bit more detailed in my next major post, and maybe have some content on some of the methods I utilize to get things done.  Hmmm, this may have to be posted over two posts, at least to get the number of pictures I have uploaded, since 4 seems to be the limit?!  As an aside, how do I put the picture IN the post and not just as an attachment?  Is that an option?

Before Pic
Savage Coyote
Timber Wolf
Rifleman IIC
« Last Edit: 19 May 2017, 06:15:29 by Armond »

Armond

• Sergeant
Re: Clan Coyote, A Call to War... Kind of...
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2017, 06:12:08 »
Second post with the rest of the pictures I have at this moment.

Highlander IIC, Guillotine IIC, and the entire Star at this time.  Again, the composition will change, but at the time of completion these particular mechs were going to be serving in the same Star...  Mistakes were made...

In any case, I should be working on the two Society mechs next; Septicemia Prime and D-Z respectively...  Anyway, C&C always welcome, and of course questions will always be entertained!

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2017, 16:08:39 »
 O0

Armond

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2017, 08:30:38 »
ALCON, attached is the finished Sept as of right now:

Savage Coyote @55pts Juggernaut
Timber Wolf @49pts Brawler
Guillotine IIC @42pts Skirmisher
Highlander IIC @61pts Missile Boat
Rifleman IIC @49pts Sniper
Septicemia-D-Z @42pts Skirmisher
Septicemia-Prime @37pts Sniper

HeavyGun

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Dante's Infernals
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2017, 17:15:24 »
Very Nice, love the colors.  O0
CDT Agent #695, Spokane Valley, Wa.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up and Hold on...oh yeah you better pray cuz your gonna need it!

Sentinel4

• Private
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2017, 22:23:20 »
Agreed.  I like those colors too.  Kind of gives them that steampunkt vibe, which I like.

If I may ask, what colors are you using?
"Woe to the man that tries to remember, for it is his doom to always forget."

Armond

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2017, 05:34:53 »
The color of blue is Game Color's Imperial Blue w/ a single wash of Nuln oil.  Highlighter up with 3-4 successively lighter blues by missing in white in slight larger amounts.  A consistency a bit more than milk is necessary to prevent the bleed.

I have hit somewhat of an issue.  I have an Unseen Marauder IIC I was going to use to fill a role in a Command or Heavy Battle Star.  Issue is that my pin vise's bit broke and now I want to complete the star with a replacement.  Suitable replacement?  Looking for something in the role of Skirmisher, Brawler, or Sniper since those are required somewhat to create a Clan Coyote Command or Heavy Battle Star set in the Jihad era. 

The current members are as follows:
Savage Coyote-Prime / Juggernaut
Timber Wolf-Prime / Brawler
Hellbringer-C / Striker
Guillotine IIC / Skirmisher

My thoughts?  Maybe a Sniper for the Command or a Skirmisher if I go Battle Star...  Below are some choices.  If you have other suggestions, just let me know!

Linebacker-Prime (Skirmisher)
Stone Rhino (Sniper)
Timber Wolf-S (Skirmisher)
Summoner-Prime (Sniper)
Gladiator-B (Skirmisher)

Register