Author Topic: SpiderMan franchise movie (2018) character reveal  (Read 1222 times)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
SpiderMan franchise movie (2018) character reveal
« on: 20 May 2017, 06:55:25 »
Well it seems that for the next MCU Spiderman film in 2018 we're getting Venom back as a baddie.

Now before we all do this

As we remember Spiderman 3, which lets be honest, we have gooooooooood reason to do so.  Do not dispair. 

And sauce - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/venom-movie-2018-tom-hardy-star-ruben-fleischer-direct-1004115?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=Direct

This is good news. Eddie Brock is not a young angsty teen, he's a big bloke and Tom Hardy isn't what you'd call small.

I hope he brings the right kind of look and attitude to the role despite him having to obviously be CGI'ed up to pull off a proper venom look.  IE big, hentai levels of tentacles, TEETH.

« Last Edit: 21 May 2017, 02:09:06 by marauder648 »
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
Re: Spider Man (2018) villan reveal
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2017, 13:34:40 »
So long as I can understand him better than his Bane moments in Batman, sure I'll go for it.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2017, 13:44:26 »
I thought this was supposed to be supposed to be a stand alone Venom film? IE, without Spidey...(could be wrong about that though).

As for choosing Tom Hardy. I'm reserving judgement. He is an awesome actor, so it'll just depend on how the writing and directing take it.

EDIT: Also, it's my understanding that Spidey himself is the only part of the Spider-Man comics that Sony is allowing Disney to use in the MCU films. So Venom and any other movies Sony does won't actually have anything to do with the MCU. (Just like Fox and the X-Men.)
« Last Edit: 20 May 2017, 13:47:51 by YingJanshi »

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2017, 17:25:26 »
Correct, this is not in the MCU. It's a stand-alone Venom flick from Sony.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2017, 18:17:12 »
Please update the thread title to fix the incorrect information.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.