Author Topic: Am I doing Battlefield Intellignce correctly  (Read 1539 times)

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Am I doing Battlefield Intellignce correctly
« on: 05 June 2017, 22:05:43 »
Howdy,

I'm using a first run copy of Alpha Strike with it's most current errata.  I'm trying to put together a WoB force with four mechs and two squads of BA.  Each mech has MHQ2.  So if I am reading the rules right in the errata I should have a initiative bonus of +3 with a plus +1 marker on each mech.  Is that right?  Thanks

I'm looking at page 30 of 42 in the errata.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: Am I doing Battlefield Intellignce correctly
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2017, 22:11:10 »
No, unfortunately.  Each initiative bonus can only be gained once.  You get +1 for having at least 1 MHQ Special present for each four units in your force.  You get +1 for having at least 1 MHQ Special with a value... I want to say 3 or higher?  And you get +1 for having at least 1 RCN Special for each four units in your force.  Each initiative token must be placed individually on a unit that fulfills the criteria for having it.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2017, 08:46:55 »
got it...thanks

So considering that the units I'm using only have MHQ2 and not RCN I'd have to have 8 units to get +2 ini bonus. 

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2017, 08:59:07 »
You can only use each category once.
You get a +1 init if at least one unit for every four has MHQ1+.  You can't get a +2 from that, it's a single +1 that you either qualify for or don't.
To get a +2, you've have to get the +1 for 1/4 of units with MHQ1+, and then fulfill a different category for the second +1.  Have a single unit with MHQ4+ or have 1/4 units with RCN.  If you fulfill all three categories, you get a +3. But you have to fulfill all three (1/4 MHQ1+, unit with MHQ4+, 1/4 RCN).  You can't double up on the same category.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2017, 10:23:55 »
thanks for the help
« Last Edit: 06 June 2017, 10:30:21 by Dropkick »

Register