Author Topic: Disable Retirement in Meqhq against the bot campaign  (Read 1546 times)

Drifter

• Corporal
Disable Retirement in Meqhq against the bot campaign
« on: 18 June 2017, 00:19:53 »
Anyway to disable retirement feature?  really starting to suck losing MW and techs at rates that cannot be replaced

BlueThing

• Sergeant
Re: Disable Retirement in Meqhq against the bot campaign
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2017, 01:18:50 »
Yes, there are settings related to retirement, I think they are on the AtB page, but I'm not at my computer to double check.

You can either add a global bonus to retaining potential retirees or you can disable it entirely. I often just disable it.

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 18 June 2017, 14:18:17 »
Yes, there are settings related to retirement, I think they are on the AtB page, but I'm not at my computer to double check.

You can either add a global bonus to retaining potential retirees or you can disable it entirely. I often just disable it.

I believe this is correct.  plus if you look when the retirement dialog pops up (end of year or end of contract) you can add or subtract from the TN(That is the target number or higher for them to stay on; so lower is better for them to stay) for each individual or from the overall list as a whole.  I always run the TN down for the whole until the TN for my overall force commander (my character in game) is a 2.  Then accept the results after that.  Also, I believe in the personnel tab there is a option in one of the dropdowns to show only those who have retired.  You can then GM edit any characters you deem had not left the unit. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2017, 11:40:36 »
Do keep in mind that the whole point of the Retirement feature is to keep your force from growing too fast. Still, it does annoy some people. You can turn it off in Campaign Options>AtB Tab.

Drifter

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2017, 13:22:13 »
Thanks for the tips.

I understand the point about the unit growing too fast, but I started with 25 million to buy the initial unit and by the end of my first contract I went from 5 mechs to 8 mechs (1 heavy 4 medium and 3 lights) and had just enough pilots and techs to keep it going.  The contract finished and I lost 5 mechwarriors and half my tech team and there were no personal in the market to fill those gaps.   It just felt like a kick in the nuts after it seemed like I got the unit stable to start growing.

Schugger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2017, 04:21:27 »
It just felt like a kick in the nuts after it seemed like I got the unit stable to start growing.

If you create your Company with shareholders, you can boost the chances to keep your personal after a contract finishes significantly. If you set the shares to 50% before signing a contract you get a bonus of +3 to your retirement rolls.
"Shit!"
"What?"
"Clanners!"
"No!"
"Yep."
"Shit!"

Register