Author Topic: Product Request Page  (Read 7860 times)

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Re: Product Request Page
« Reply #30 on: 23 June 2017, 11:25:48 »
i would love to see one thing
a compilation of all the mechs in one volume and vehicles too
i know pie in the sky...but i can dream...

And since you can hallow it out and live in it, you can get a 30 year loan to buy it.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: 23 June 2017, 12:32:49 »
1. Box set with Classic miniatures and new mapsheets. Will also buy lance packs of miniatures.

2. Novels (in print, not this pdf only stuff).

3. AToW adventure modules.

4. New mapsheets

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 23 June 2017, 13:25:31 »
Yeah...unless you can provide a citation for that story, I'm calling baloney...

TRO: 3057 Revised came out in 2004 and HM Aero didn't release until 2006.
Er... no. That's not at all the case.

Just because it's out on the internet doesn't make it automatically true, as Abraham Lincoln once said.

Anyone who purchased HMAero when it was first released can see the file dates on the CD which we know cannot be changed due to the nature of a CD. The program was released in 2002 and all three ships were included. And I was a playtester for the program so I do know when it was released.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2017, 13:44:47 by Highball »
Marshal Russell Trest Oberlan. "War to the sword ..... the sword to the hilt!"

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 23 June 2017, 14:00:28 »
The Heavy Metal about page says HMAero came out in 2002 also.

This Forum post from 2011 talks about it too, though it says they were changed which might let them slip by any legal issues about it.

And of course, if he can't prove the claim that he designed them, then the point is moot anyway. Statute of limitations might come into play on any legal case as well, and since they have had those designs in their product for much longer than most statute of limitations, that might be another pass for them.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #34 on: 23 June 2017, 14:32:13 »
Let's move right along past irrelevant business and back to products people would like to see made.

[copper]
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #35 on: 23 June 2017, 14:41:37 »
1. Pocket Edition Alpha Strike
Contents: rules-sheet, double sided paper map, and a large set of counters.
The counter should have art on one side and the other side be an abstracted record sheet.
The total package size should be about the same size of Orge Pocket Edition.
   It is basically my solution to allow a constant BT presence in gaming stores.

2. Aerotech III (rulebook & TRO)
A complete redevelopment of the Aerospace combat & construction rules.

3. XTRO The Society
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #36 on: 23 June 2017, 15:18:17 »
A faster playing game system to captures the feel of Battletech with the scalability of Alpha Strike. A low cost entry solution for new players, maybe a company or battalion box set that would bring in new players.
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 23 June 2017, 16:39:54 »
A battalion box with a company of (cheap, like Centurions and Commandos) 'Mechs with some duplicates, a company of three or maybe four kinds of two piece (Bulldog, Vedette, Scorpion, Hetzer, LRM carrier, pick your poison) tank, and then a company (three-four platoons) of mechanized (small plastic Humvee like things) infantry would be amazing.  I bet you could pretty easily keep it inexpensive, too, between reusing box set molds, cheap and simple tank sculpts, and a total of ~28 units most of which are smaller than the box set units.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Death by Lasers

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 23 June 2017, 17:15:17 »
A battalion box with a company of (cheap, like Centurions and Commandos) 'Mechs with some duplicates, a company of three or maybe four kinds of two piece (Bulldog, Vedette, Scorpion, Hetzer, LRM carrier, pick your poison) tank, and then a company (three-four platoons) of mechanized (small plastic Humvee like things) infantry would be amazing.  I bet you could pretty easily keep it inexpensive, too, between reusing box set molds, cheap and simple tank sculpts, and a total of ~28 units most of which are smaller than the box set units.

I really love the idea of massed tank and mechanized infantry boxes.  Tanks are supposed to outnumber mechs between 3 and 5 to 1 per TRO-3067 but they are so expensive to collect given that they are all metal.  A plastic battalion box of 36 tanks would be an awesome way for players to build up the base for a large conventional force to throw in games.  Plus they would give something for the mechs to feel superior to ;D.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2017, 17:17:50 by Death by Lasers »
“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

J.R.R Tolikien, The Two Towers

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #39 on: 23 June 2017, 20:20:10 »
Historical: Brush Wars II: Electric Boogaloo
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #40 on: 23 June 2017, 20:38:01 »
Historical: Brush Wars II: Electric Boogaloo

Alas the planet Woogi died in the 2SW...

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #41 on: 23 June 2017, 21:12:44 »
Alas the planet Woogi died in the 2SW...

"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #42 on: 24 June 2017, 08:37:03 »
Interstellar Players 4 - era of 3150
TRO: Wars of Reaving
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #43 on: 24 June 2017, 11:03:25 »
Adding to my wishlist -
Revise the old map sets to be a consistent style, map cut, and hex size across the board. (Seriously, I have some maps that the hexes don't line up properly despite supposedly being the same size hex. Also, some of the maps look great. Some look like random splotches of color were added to the sheet.)

New map packs that fit in the same style as the redone maps.

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #44 on: 24 June 2017, 11:12:43 »
The bit we have about the deep periphery seems to indicate it is fairly active. The clans are (were?)  active all around their space not just concentrated on their homeworlds, influencing even as far as the Hansa. They were active enough in the periphery to have a reputation in a wide swath of territory outside the Inner Sphere.

I'd like material that goes into more detail on what is going on there, how far the clans have actually explored. It seems to me there could be a huge amount of material outside the Inner Sphere.

Along a similar vein, I definitely would love to see more about the Deep Periphery, especially roleplaying material. The Jarnfolk is one of my two absolute favorite factions, but there is so little to know about them right now; the whole region (except maybe the Clans, for plot reasons) really could use some world-building.

The Fiefdom/Brotherhood of Randis (my other favorite) could also use some love.
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 24 June 2017, 11:58:27 »
A faster playing game system to captures the feel of Battletech with the scalability of Alpha Strike. A low cost entry solution for new players, maybe a company or battalion box set that would bring in new players.

I call it "MegaMek"

As for products I'd like to see? ANYTHING plot-forward. Anything at all. I think what was done with TRO 3150 was the cheapest, basest, most exploitative way to sell a product, but at this point I'm desperate enough that I'd pay for a TRO3151 that did the same cheap "same units we already sold you, but with new fluff" trick, so long as it gave a picture of what lies ahead.

I'd also like to see a TtS pdf that details a planet that wasn't strategically irrelevant or stripped of all value. I might actually buy into that line if it showed me a planet with something I could show up to loot myself, instead of "all the good stuff was carried off in the 2nd succession war. enjoy these six foot tall hedgehogs instead"

Products that should theoretically already exist? TRO3150 NTNU's Record Sheets. The one entirely original part of that book deserves to be made playable.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #46 on: 24 June 2017, 14:52:16 »
  I was going to half-seriously suggest some kind of historical set during the rise of the Successor States during the 2300s but you changed my mind entirely.  Anything, anything at all that advances the timeline forward would be great.

Its a miracle they told me IlClan was coming out this year at all.

Let's see...

Some kind of monthly flyer, could be nothing more than the kind of fluff you'd find in Worktroll's 'Army Reports', a 3,000-word map-fold flyer with a bit of fiction, maybe a scenario, and a couple VIP profiles.  Put a tiny hex map and paper cutouts to play the scenario with the downloaded beginner rules on the inside.  After all, we don't have anything out there to hook anybody in until Catalyst reaches into their pants and does something about reprinting the box set.  Might help.

*You know, I might tackle that after my newest project (again).

A kind of AU setting, something like the 'Stellar Shadows' or Simulator enemies book for SFB.  Fake weapons, fake (new) unit types, whatever.  Allow fan submissions, with the proviso they have no legal rights, blah, blah, blah.  And as long as we're on the AU topic, its clear (to me) there's still a lot of interest in Emipire's Aflame.  Catalyst leases the IP; why not spin something off?  Go back to a more violent point with hundreds/thousands of WarShips and no-holds-barred, full scale WAR!  The system is just a system, it doesn't matter if it's the Grand Duchy (sp?) of Small or Lyrans or Wobbies fighting.  Same with Alpha Strike. 

And if you want to be cheap (and I am), yet legal, why not do the SMART thing and give the community a suggestion box, already?  State outright if you submit it through this method, you have no legal claim to it.  If you want to be really ***** about it, present a framework for those submissions that isn't just, "New map packs!", or ""Fiefdom of Randis Sourcebook".  Require a minimum word count, force them to do the basic research, set up a poll on-site, whatever that somebody might present to a company looking to invest.  I'm sure Loren and Randal would like to see more money come in.  Diversify, damnit!

[/rant]

« Last Edit: 24 June 2017, 15:10:13 by Red Pins »
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #47 on: 24 June 2017, 15:20:03 »
Its a miracle they told me IlClan was coming out this year at all.

It might not be...
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #48 on: 24 June 2017, 17:31:24 »
Yup, that explains it.
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

homerlaw

• Recruit
« Reply #49 on: 24 June 2017, 20:08:19 »
What is ideal: something about the fate of the wolverines putting it to rest once and for all, maybe they'll be the ilClan and that'd be two birds with one stone.

Realistically: A source book about alternative settings and what-ifs, like "What if the Clans won the Battle of Tukayyid, or "What if the Society succeeded" and "What if aliens invaded the inner sphere?" ideas that are pretty far out there but might be fun to play around with. Throw in a couple of TROs from these hypothetical settings and you'd have a pretty good book.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #50 on: 24 June 2017, 20:27:43 »
What is ideal: something about the fate of the wolverines putting it to rest once and for all, maybe they'll be the ilClan and that'd be two birds with one stone.

Realistically: A source book about alternative settings and what-ifs, like "What if the Clans won the Battle of Tukayyid, or "What if the Society succeeded" and "What if aliens invaded the inner sphere?" ideas that are pretty far out there but might be fun to play around with. Throw in a couple of TROs from these hypothetical settings and you'd have a pretty good book.

Interesting, anyway.  That's why I started this thread; http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=45897.0

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #51 on: 25 June 2017, 02:25:41 »
If there's no limit on realism, there's definitely a few products I'd like to see:

Objectives: 3145 (exactly what it sounds like)
Field Manual: Pirates (with rules around running a pirate campaign)
Historical: Brush Wars II (covering Operation Guerrero, the Capellan Civil War and the First Dominion War)
TRO: Vehicle Annex II (the original is still my favorite TRO with by far the most interesting fluff and art of the whole series, IMO)
Total Chaos II (a campaign book covering the post-Blackout era from the beginning of the Dark Age through to ilClan)
Spotlight On: Rolling Thunder
Spotlight On: Green Monster Assault Battalion
Spotlight On: Arcade Rangers

I'll post more if I think of any.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #52 on: 25 June 2017, 03:07:36 »
On a new Objectives book, Sarna is really the best you can expect as what the Sarna crew does is basically what the guy who wrote the last ones did.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #53 on: 25 June 2017, 07:46:37 »

One of the few cappie units I really have any interest in. Would enjoy this.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: 25 June 2017, 09:04:11 »
One of the few cappie units I really have any interest in. Would enjoy this.

Only if it includes their ridiculous scoring system and a list of greatest pranks.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #55 on: 25 June 2017, 09:21:45 »
Only if it includes their ridiculous scoring system and a list of greatest pranks.

Oh man, if you think the BV calculations are too complex... :D

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #56 on: 25 June 2017, 09:39:51 »
Spotlight On: Rolling Thunder
yeah, I'd like to see that.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

GespenstM

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: 25 June 2017, 12:48:18 »
+1'ing ATOW adventures. Also,

Products that should theoretically already exist? TRO3150 NTNU's Record Sheets. The one entirely original part of that book deserves to be made playable.

This. A lot of the units described there sound really fun to play and I want to see them given proper, full stats.

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #58 on: 25 June 2017, 13:59:16 »
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

Ghost cub

• Private
  • Long time GM getting back into Battletech
« Reply #59 on: 25 June 2017, 16:11:25 »
+1'ing ATOW adventures. Also,

This. A lot of the units described there sound really fun to play and I want to see them given proper, full stats.

I would love to see more ATOW products. I really enjoy the rpg side of things.