Author Topic: Chicagoland July Battletech Game (WWE Event)  (Read 1792 times)

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Chicagoland July Battletech Game (WWE Event)
« on: 20 July 2017, 10:36:39 »
In case anyone did not see it in the scheduled WWE thread or in the Alpha Strike game discussion thread:

NW Chicagoland Battletech Event
Date: Sunday, 23 July 2017
Time: 10AM

NW Chicagoland Alpha Strike Event
Date: Saturday, 12 August 2017
Time: 10AM

So this Sunday we'll be doing the Battletech scenario from the World Wide Event. The scenario will last either 6 hours or 20 twenty turns. I am asking for people to show up as early as possible to make sure everyone knows the special rules and has their teams assigned etc. I want to be rolling dice as soon as the 11:15 train comes by for anyone who takes that. That would wrap the game up around 5:30 at the latest. As usual I will have all the minis, mapsheets, record sheets, dice, pencils, and scenario sheets that you need to participate in the event. All you need to bring is yourself.

Also, as a headsup, I will be running a fairly tight game. If we want to get 20 turns in that will require us to do faster than 20 minutes a turn. That's not feasible for a game our size but I'm still going to be pushing initiative. I'm not going to be running hour long turns. Additionally, there will not be a break for lunch so please bring something with you or make arrangements to pass your units off if you must go out.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Malo Mori Quam Foedari - Death Before Dishonor
Re: Chicagoland July Battletech Game (WWE Event)
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2017, 10:42:34 »
Cool. See you there.
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
318th Wolf Striker Cluster
"The Blood Pack"

Sic Vis Pacem Parabellum  -"Those who seek peace, prepare for war."
"Grant me stillness and serenity as my enemies pound and howl." -Incantation against bombardment

lordgoober

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2017, 21:57:43 »
can't play because I work until 1:30 but I might try to come by and see how the game turned out.

Gleep

• Sergeant
  • I have Vandervahn Chistu's bloodright
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2017, 22:18:14 »
As it is on a Sunday, I will not be there.
Hindsight is 20/20... Foresight is zeroed at 300.
...And then, it started raining main battle tanks.
Trees cover a multitude of sins. -- Bob Ross
I didn't choose the mech life, the mech life chose me.
The Damned Deacon of Munch.
Battletech is for everyone.

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2017, 19:24:06 »
I'll be present
Maker of big things.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #5 on: 22 July 2017, 17:30:29 »
Apparently, I was a day too early.   ;D

I'm on call today and I had to run a call on the far north side of Chicago.  I drove past Games Plus and I found out it was the store you guys play at so I stopped in.  The wall of BattleTech stuff made me too happy.  Bought 2 Vedettes, 1 Enforcer, and 1 Assassin.  Pretty cool little store.

Also, I like the demo team business card.  Pretty nifty.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 22 July 2017, 17:54:56 »
Well, if you're in the area you're more than welcome to come back tomorrow and join in the Worldwide Event fun.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #7 on: 22 July 2017, 19:28:02 »
Well, if you're in the area you're more than welcome to come back tomorrow and join in the Worldwide Event fun.

I'm going to keep an eye on this sub forum more often.  Maybe sometime in the future I can get in on one of these games. 
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #8 on: 22 July 2017, 22:25:35 »
I really wanted to make it to this, but at the moment I'm feeling pretty under the weather.  #P

I hope you guys have lots of fun! If I feel better I might try to make it out to see the end of the scenario.

slothagent

• Private
« Reply #9 on: 22 July 2017, 22:49:42 »
I wish I could make this one, but I've got some family obligations that conflict. I hope you all have fun :-) .

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 24 July 2017, 12:29:06 »
I had a great time.
It was a rather interesting set-up.

Hoover28

• Corporal
« Reply #11 on: 25 July 2017, 16:12:19 »
Thanks to GWA for putting this all together for us.  A very hard fought and tension filled game.  Between the hidden units, point blank shots, some lucky crits, a willingness to deny the objective, and a massive amount of artillery the FRR defenders held off the Invading Clan Wolf long enough to claim victory within the time allotted.  Our FRR troops were nearly spent suffering 50% casualties and several other units just hanging on despite being unconscious, immobilized, or so damaged to be walking wounded.  The 2 assault stars of Clan Wolf mechs lost only 2 assault mechs, had a heavy in forced withdrawal, and only 2 other units with really any damage.  3 points of elementals were also destroyed and another damaged, mostly from artillery scatter going the FRR's way.

Congrats to my fellow FRR players on their victory and to our Wolf opponents, your victory was assured by turn 20 as we were basically spent.  Hope to see you all again soon.

slothagent

• Private
« Reply #12 on: 26 July 2017, 22:37:08 »
Thanks for the summary!  Sounds like it was a lot of fun ... I wish I could have been there.

Register