Author Topic: ok its time to update to a better music media player  (Read 922 times)

elf25s

• Major
ok its time to update to a better music media player
« on: 18 August 2017, 21:12:34 »
ok i usually use windows media player that comes with windows 7 build...cant say i am too happy or too annoyed with it ...
tried foobar2k,winamp, audicity, and one or two that just plain were worse. some had too many bells and whistles that were just down right useless or just too cluttered or tried shoving ads down my throat.

looking for something with simple interface and ability to find file info and organize the library like windows media player. easy to use and down right simple...i am not a musiphiliac...
it does not need to do anything else but play music...no video no cgi based stuff just music
any one has an idea?
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Re: ok its time to update to a better music media player
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2017, 22:23:52 »
I do use iTunes as I'm an i device user and I find it to be reasonable and serviceable enough (ducks). Otherwise I hear good things about MediaMonkey for a reliable robust experience.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2017, 22:27:38 »
I still use Winamp so not sure what else might be better but music players don't seem to be all the rage anymore as more of them do video and who knows what else.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 19 August 2017, 02:37:29 »
Still using Winamp, too.  If you do try iTunes, do NOT let it "organize" your music files unless you want to re-rip or download all your music when you ditch it.  You'll never sort out what it did with all the files.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 19 August 2017, 09:12:03 »
no  tunes for me...ever.
it gave me grief every time i used it same goes for any apple product...if there is a man with a  hatchet hiding behind the corner apple products are like that to any os or system i tried using them on.

winamp has had too many bells i need something simple.

media monkey ?
had not tried it yet...ill give it a go this afternoon
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #5 on: 19 August 2017, 09:38:57 »
If WinAmp is too much, you won't like MediaMonkey as it's a similar organizer and metadata scraper to iTunes. Just open source.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.